New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 158288)

Ghostbuster Issue Thread

By exflexer

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,470 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 713 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png
0255267F-B344-4A63-AF52-98DC3187BF9D (resized).jpeg
1331CF7A-01AE-4406-9820-04400DCCBD5F (resized).jpeg
4108cb973a95ea7af25aed4b17fca9ebd79e350b.png (resized).png
15FB2563-1183-47AE-9CAD-29E28F48CE76 (resized).png
3E7F33D8-B885-40E3-9F8B-D3DEB2864FFA (resized).png
A4C49F70-C0D9-4E25-BF1A-2B738D764708 (resized).png
360A39C8-0C7C-413F-A84E-F2F5E058E086 (resized).png
IMG_4482 (resized).JPG
Ramp Postr (resized).jpg
Ramp Post (resized).jpg
IMG_20200225_234132 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200127_105230 (resized).jpg
Node 8 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4470 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 90.
#1801 4 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

brand new replacement playfield

Am I seeing things or does your replacement field have the spelling error ?????

#1802 4 years ago

Does anyone know how the Diagnostic for Node boards is supposed to be used? I don't have an issue but I've checked this diagnostic a few times scratching my head as to what good it is. You can go in and click through the node boards but there is no test I can see.
There is a little box on most of the boards within the DIAG screen, but its not clear what it means. If anyone has used this screen when they had a bad node board , how did this screen differ from normal?

#1803 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Wow.. nice catch. That is intriguing with all this talk about supposedly different vendors, different colors, etc. I sure hope they didn't just pull an old PF and this is something like vendorX didn't have the updated screens.

#1804 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Yeah its spelled wrong just like my April playfield was.

#1805 4 years ago

What determines the need to frequently recalibrate slimer?

Quoted from PinScott:

I had an issue with Slimer requiring frequent recalibration.

#1806 4 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

There is a little box on most of the boards within the DIAG screen, but its not clear what it means.

The little box on each node diagnostic screen is the dip switches on the node board.
It appears the diagnostic screen for nodes is not interactive.

node 0 & 1 have no dips
CPU node (Node 0) (dips NA)
Cabinet node (Node 1) (dips NA)

Nodes 8-15
------1 2 3 4-------
08 OFF OFF OFF OFF
09 OFF OFF ON OFF
10 OFF ON OFF OFF
11 OFF ON ON OFF
12 ON OFF OFF OFF
13 ON OFF ON OFF
14 ON ON OFF OFF
15 ON ON ON OFF

#1807 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

So I'll just chime in here a bit. I'm a pretty good player, but definitely not near the best in the DFW area. I got my GB Premium almost a week ago and we have been playing the heck out of it (over 100 games I'm sure). No center post, no elongated rails etc. I do have an Art airball protector and glad because airballs are bad when they are constant (to much risk for damage).
I did pound up the outside rails 1/4" and I don't see issues with hop overs. They happen occasionally, but they happen occasionally on every pin I own. I did move the outlane posts in to the narrower slot, but that's it.
I made sure the large rubber rings around the slingshots are below the small rubber rings on the posts. It makes the slings way more active and some of you may hate that, but I LOVE it. Makes the game harder? Probably...
So with that said, I scored 3.8 Billion last night (completed maybe 4 modes). I see no reason to make this game easier to play. It's a total blast as is. You learn to choose your shots to limit your risk. You learn to nudge. You learn to backhand targets, trap the ball with a flipper, etc to keep the ball under control. That is the key to pinball. Control.
My wife loves the game and my son loves it (he's 11). We moan when a bad ball happens, but we understand that is part of the risk and fun of playing pinball, it's random, it's hard, it's a lot of fun when things go well. It's a lot of fun when they don't go so well for who you are playing against (if you all have the right attitude).
However, do you what you want to your game. It's your game! I mod the heck out of my games if I like the mods. I don't add things that fundamentally change how the designer wanted them to play, but that's me.

Couldn't agree more. I'm average at best and can put a billion + up pretty regularly and feel really satisfied doing it. The difficulty keeps me coming back. I knew I'd play this a lot when I got it but it's been 7 weeks and I play it over and over and over. It's surpassed my expectations by leaps and bounds.

#1808 4 years ago

I have a late October premium, with a correctly spelled play field.

#1809 4 years ago

So I know there are probably a dozen posts/threads on this but I cannot seem to find them tonight so here I go....
My Slimer isn't reliably registering hits, what is the consensus on adjusting him?

Thanks
Jamie

#1810 4 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Yeah its spelled wrong just like my April playfield was.

Why would they not fix this ....

Edit: I'm assuming they gave you a non-Churchill pf as others are claiming to have Churchill pfs with the error corrected.

#1811 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

So I'll just chime in here a bit. I'm a pretty good player, but definitely not near the best in the DFW area. I got my GB Premium almost a week ago and we have been playing the heck out of it (over 100 games I'm sure). No center post, no elongated rails etc. I do have an Art airball protector and glad because airballs are bad when they are constant (to much risk for damage).
I did pound up the outside rails 1/4" and I don't see issues with hop overs. They happen occasionally, but they happen occasionally on every pin I own. I did move the outlane posts in to the narrower slot, but that's it.
I made sure the large rubber rings around the slingshots are below the small rubber rings on the posts. It makes the slings way more active and some of you may hate that, but I LOVE it. Makes the game harder? Probably...
So with that said, I scored 3.8 Billion last night (completed maybe 4 modes). I see no reason to make this game easier to play. It's a total blast as is. You learn to choose your shots to limit your risk. You learn to nudge. You learn to backhand targets, trap the ball with a flipper, etc to keep the ball under control. That is the key to pinball. Control.
My wife loves the game and my son loves it (he's 11). We moan when a bad ball happens, but we understand that is part of the risk and fun of playing pinball, it's random, it's hard, it's a lot of fun when things go well. It's a lot of fun when they don't go so well for who you are playing against (if you all have the right attitude).
However, do you what you want to your game. It's your game! I mod the heck out of my games if I like the mods. I don't add things that fundamentally change how the designer wanted them to play, but that's me.

What code are you on?

#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

What determines the need to frequently recalibrate slimer?

Slimer would be in front of the targets at the end of the game versus return to the city. Turning the machine on and off did not correct the situation, so I was forced to go into calibrate mode. It did it on a frequent enough basis to cause concern. I also may have made the situation worse when I shimmed the lower base of the bracket out .060 to get Slimer from dragging on the rail.
Works perfectly now.

#1813 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Why would they not fix this ....
Edit: I'm assuming they gave you a non-Churchill pf as others are claiming to have Churchill pfs with the error corrected.

Yeah it must be an earlier pf, my Nov 3 playfield is correct.

#1814 4 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

brand new replacement playfield

Whose your distributor? How did the playfield replacement go?

Besides a phone call from Gary Stern, nothing has happened with my shitty GBLE playfield. Trent from Tilt has no idea what's happening either except "keep waiting"

I sent an email to Patrick Powers and Gary Stern a few weeks ago and got no reply.

#1815 4 years ago

Anyone have an issue with the scolarie brother not falling back down on his own ? It seems the little arm that pushes him back is "sticky" on mine I did adjust and seems better but if anyone has good advice that would help

#1816 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Whose your distributor? How did the playfield replacement go?
Besides a phone call from Gary Stern, nothing has happened with my shitty GBLE playfield. Trent from Tilt has no idea what's happening either except "keep waiting"
I sent an email to Patrick Powers and Gary Stern a few weeks ago and got no reply.

Automated was my distributor. Stern sent me a email saying they were starting replacement program and to expect a empty box to send back with my defective playfield. 5 days later got the empty box and next day sent it in with playfield. All in all it took about 15 days from email saying program was starting till i got my new playfield here.

Id recommend calling again and talk to Pat to see if they even started the LE replacements yet. I talked to Pat other day and he said they had a few Pros getting ready to send out in conversation but no mention of LEs so im just assuming they havent started replacing LEs yet since you havent heard anything yet.

#1817 4 years ago

EDIT - duplicate

#1818 4 years ago

Has anyone mylar'd the scoleri brother holes.... not really into cliffys on those.

#1819 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Thats a NO GO in business!
But its Stern

#1820 4 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Anyone have an issue with the scolarie brother not falling back down on his own ? It seems the little arm that pushes him back is "sticky" on mine I did adjust and seems better but if anyone has good advice that would help

Ok I lossened the bracket that pushes them back down a little and it works fine now !

#1821 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Has anyone mylar'd the scoleri brother holes.... not really into cliffys on those.

I did on my old playfield and will do it again once i get some more mylar.

#1822 4 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Hey everyone,
I put together this simple slideshow-video to help new owners install the Ghostbusters cliffy shooter lane protector (bottom-right).
The video tries to hit the important points such as clamping and alignment. I hope this it helpful to new users.
» YouTube video

shooter-cliffys (resized).jpg

About the LEFT side Shooter Lane cliffy...

* Remove the auto launcher
* Remove the bolts. (tap up & out with a mallet).
* Install the Cliffy - align to the holes and bolts
* Reinstall the auto-launch
* Be careful not to over tighten as it will bend the cliffy.
* Tighten until it starts to bend and then back off.

#1823 4 years ago

Air Ball Protector update.

As Stern is now using a new playfield, and Premiums are flying out,
I am hearing, as are others of a few games, that airballs may still occur on the 2X.

A couple people have sent in pictures, and in some cases the photo and coverage matches my game,
but this table, is still producing some airballs.
On the opposite side, are a pile of emails saying it works fine.
From all my communication, its somewhere between 3%-8% of games, are assembled differently enough
where the plastic is not stopping the 2x.

Obviously, it would be nice if there was 100% consistency in a Stern assembly, but this is not needed from their perspective.
On the side of offering a flat piece of plastic, I can offer help with suggestions how to gain a few mm, or lose a few, raise slimers boom, or repeat back what others have discovered...either bending the target forward, or shimming, as well as Additional sticky foam behind, to help, deflect and absorb.

What I know cant happen, is I have no way of knowing what game you have, nor how this will perform.
Some people may get a game where this will only help 65%-75%.
I cant make another, without finding one of these deviate games, getting it my house for a week, test protos, and start the process all over. Even if the game aspect happened, Ill be honest, I tried to get this to everyone
at the lowest price, and I simply dont have 30 plus hours to make one, that fixes the exception, and possibly raise closer to 100%.

With this in mind, mine, LSOG, or Pingraffix, perhaps others, Ill speak for them by saying we cant guarantee
our flat plastic, will fix Sterns mistake 100%....and any vendor depending on their numbers might see a
slightly different variance.

For me, I can only try to offer the best, fastest, and cheapest, but cant guarantee 100%.
If you feel you need a 100% guarantee, please chat with everyone you need to.
I will gladly refund your money with a return, if you are not happy, but I must stop an email
that comes in saying I must pay for return shipping...(its shipped free to you), or refund 100%
without a return. I have only this one item, and am not in business with many other products
or higher prices, to build in free shipping out, and free return shipping.
Im so sorry to those who expect this. I too would truly love if Walmart paid for my return shipping or gas.

Should someone find 100% perfection, please share...but so far, 90% + at this time is the best I can get.

Art

#1824 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I am hearing, as are others of a few games, that airballs may still occur on the 2X.
A couple people have sent in pictures, and in some cases the photo and coverage matches my game,
From all my communication, its somewhere between 3%-8% of games, are assembled differently enough
Obviously, it would be nice if there was 100% consistency in a Stern assembly, but this is not needed from their perspective.
On the side of offering a flat piece of plastic, I can offer help with suggestions how to gain a few mm, or lose a few, raise slimers boom, or repeat back what others have discovered...either bending the target forward, or shimming, as well as Additional sticky foam behind, to help, deflect and absorb.
What I know cant happen, is I have no way of knowing what game you have, nor how this will perform.
I cant make another, without finding one of these deviate games, getting it my house for a week, test protos, and start the process all over. Even if the game aspect happened, Ill be honest, I tried to get this to everyone
at the lowest price, and I simply dont have 30 plus hours to make one, that fixes the exception, and possibly raise closer to 100%.
With this in mind, mine, LSOG, or Pingraffix, perhaps others, Ill speak for them by saying we cant guarantee
our flat plastic, will fix Sterns mistake 100%....and any vendor depending on their numbers might see a
For me, I can only try to offer the best, fastest, and cheapest, but cant guarantee 100%.
I will gladly refund your money with a return, if you are not happy, but I must stop an email
that comes in saying I must pay for return shipping...(its shipped free to you), or refund 100%
without a return. I have only this one item, and am not in business with many other products
Im so sorry to those who expect this. I too would truly love if Walmart paid for my return shipping or gas.
Should someone find 100% perfection, please share...but so far, 90% + at this time is the best I can get.
Art

You're a good man Art. You have helped me above and beyond what I have expected. I'm one of those edge cases where it's about 65% effective. I'm keeping my product and will try some foam to see where it gets me. I'm willing to keep sharing my experiences and help those who needs it too.

#1825 4 years ago

I have a new premium and mine seems to work ok?

#1826 4 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

About the LEFT side Shooter Lane cliffy...
* Remove the auto launcher
* Remove the bolts. (tap up & out with a mallet).
* Install the Cliffy - align to the holes and bolts
* Reinstall the auto-launch
* Be careful not to over tighten as it will bend the cliffy.
* Tighten until it starts to bend and then back off.

Looks great! Also a good idea for new owners to turn the ball through power down to minimum. It comes from the factory on full throttle(255) and 180 seems more appropriate

#1827 4 years ago

When I put my cliffy in, I leave the bolts in place. I just align the holes over them.

I also put down a piece of mylar in the shooter lane first. Spray it with soapy water first, makes installing it easier.

#1828 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Art

Mine is working great on my pro.

#1829 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Art

Art, I appreciate you creating this product & I love mine. Mine works perfectly.
Not only will I keep mine I have no hesitation of buying another if it ever breaks.
The quality in appearance and performance is better than anything I could ever create.

#1830 4 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Looks great! Also a good idea for new owners to turn the ball through power down to minimum. It comes from the factory on full throttle(255) and 180 seems more appropriate

Agreed. I finally updated to 1.11 with no issues and the 1st thing I did was turn the trough to shooter-lane power down to minimum.

#1831 4 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Agreed. I finally updated to 1.11 with no issues and the 1st thing I did was turn the trough to shooter-lane power down to minimum.

Chuck get some games on yours and report back in a few days. Considering doing the same.

#1832 4 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Art, I appreciate you creating this product & I love mine. Mine works perfectly.
Not only will I keep mine I have no hesitation of buying another if it ever breaks.
The quality in appearance and performance is better than anything I could ever create.

Thanks Chuck,

Interesting in the debate, ours is extremely flexible...absorbing energy.
Others are rigid.
So far no reports of breakage, and lots on the rigid type.

Always appreciate the support...its more my ego, than $$....cant completely feel worthless in retirement!

#1833 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Chuck get some games on yours and report back in a few days. Considering doing the same.

I updated to 1.11 Friday morning. About a dozen games so far no issues and I'm very glad I updated.
** I also adjusted my Scolari-Brothers springs on Friday and now those bad-boys drop with every hit . I should have done that sooner.
To adjust the drop targets:
* Raise the playfield "all the way up"
* Unhook the spring and attach 10-12 coils up.
* Super easy once you get the playfield up.

scolari-spring (resized).jpg

#1834 4 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I updated to 1.11 Friday morning. About a dozen games so far no issues and I'm very glad I updated.
** I also adjusted my Scolari-Brothers springs on Friday and now those bad-boys drop with every hit . I should have done that sooner.
To adjust the drop targets:
* Raise the playfield "all the way up"
* Unhook the spring and attach 10-12 coils up.
* Super easy once you get the playfield up.
» YouTube video

My scolaries worked perfect from the factory maybe new springs ??

I did have an issue where one would not mechanically unlatch had to loosen the bracket that does that .

#1835 4 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

My scolaries worked perfect from the factory maybe new springs ??
I did have an issue where one would not mechanically unlatch had to loosen the bracket that does that .

That's interesting. My Scolaries have always had drop issues. I was surprised if they went down. Build date Sept. 22.

2 days now and its been working great.

#1836 4 years ago

First Stern issue on gble. Half my lights are flickering and out. Stern thinks thinks I have the short issue above left scoop. I put double sided tape and still not corrected. They think I may have burnt it my board. For a new game this really sucks. What a poorly built game! The worst one yet. Looks like I will need a tech to look at this issue. The game is unplugged and I did not play over the holiday weekend. Played Tales from the Crypt mostly. A great game for sure!

#1837 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

First Stern issue on gble. Half my lights are flickering and out. Stern thinks thinks I have the short issue above left scoop. I put double sided tape and still not corrected. They think I may have burnt it my board. For a new game this really sucks. What a poorly built game! The worst one yet. Looks like I will need a tech to look at this issue. The game is unplugged and I did not play over the holiday weekend. Played Tales from the Crypt mostly. A great game for sure!

Did you put the tape on before or after you noticed the issue? Just curious...

I hope Stern makes it right for you.

#1838 4 years ago

After. Was unaware of the issue. It seems the machine has so many problems that I can't keep up with it. They will supply all the parts I just need to pay the tech. That's the way it goes. All my other Sterns have been fine and I go back to LOTR. I will most likely cancel my batman66 LE or sell it. Not sure yet.

#1839 4 years ago

I'm getting these 3 switch messages on a new GB Prem. Running 1.11. The switch at the top of the left ramp tests out fine. Anyone know what this is or have suggestions on other things I can test?

IMG_3486 (resized).JPG

IMG_3487 (resized).JPG

IMG_3488 (resized).JPG

#1840 4 years ago

Code issues not switch problems

#1841 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

After. Was unaware of the issue. It seems the machine has so many problems that I can't keep up with it. They will supply all the parts I just need to pay the tech. That's the way it goes. All my other Sterns have been fine and I go back to LOTR. I will most likely cancel my batman66 LE or sell it. Not sure yet.

Put the parts on yourself its not that hard everybody on here will help save your doe

#1842 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Code issues not switch problems

Thanks for the info. Also, right loop also seems to not register shots on occasion. When in "who brought the dog" etc. any background in this? Thanks!

#1843 4 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Thanks for the info. Also, right loop also seems to not register shots on occasion. When in "who brought the dog" etc. any background in this? Thanks!

This happens to me on occasion too seems the shot rattles around and does no complete the orbit, anyone else see this ?

#1844 4 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

This happens to me on occasion too seems the shot rattles around and does no complete the orbit, anyone else see this ?

On my machine the ball is entering into the pops so it's definitely hitting the rollover switch, right? It would make sense that it doesn't register if the ball rattles out since the switch is near the back of the loop

#1845 4 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

On my machine the ball is entering into the pops so it's definitely hitting the rollover switch, right? It would make sense that it doesn't register if the ball rattles out since the switch is near the back of the loop

Right loop should go all the way or the post should hold it to start a mode so I think you have the same Bahavior as me.

#1846 4 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I'm getting these 3 switch messages on a new GB Prem. Running 1.11. The switch at the top of the left ramp tests out fine. Anyone know what this is or have suggestions on other things I can test?

Ive had those switch errors since i upgraded to 1.05 which im still on. Surprised they havent been resolved in 1.11. Having said that they dont seem to affect gameplay.

#1847 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

What's the spelling error? Now I want to check my playfield.

#1848 4 years ago

Check your rollover switch you may need to bend it up a little. Same with all switches not always registering, just bend the control arm a little. Had issue with my subway and ball launch

#1849 4 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Right loop should go all the way or the post should hold it to start a mode so I think you have the same Bahavior as me.

My right loop shots rarely make the entire loop. Most times they end up in the bumpers... even hard shots. Is there not some function that is sometimes directing to bumpers and sometimes letting pass all the way around?

#1850 4 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

My right loop shots rarely make the entire loop. Most times they end up in the bumpers... even hard shots. Is there not some function that is sometimes directing to bumpers and sometimes letting pass all the way around?

I looked there is a gate there so I guess it's some times closed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Suamico, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 199.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
There are 4470 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 90.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside