Topic Stats

• 4,026 posts
  • 472 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by flashburn
  • Topic is favorited by 140 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 617 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4335 (resized).JPG
Ecto-1.jpg
IMG_0577 (resized).jpg
46C1DA2C-FCEB-4300-8C1D-3112B194C5C7 (resized).jpeg
large (resized).jpg
slimer opto (resized).JPG
bat_step2 (resized).jpg
bat_step1 (resized).jpg
pic6 (resized).jpg
IMG_3532 (resized).JPG
IMG_3533 (resized).jpg
IMG_3530 (resized).JPG
IMG_1210 (resized).JPG
IMG_1211 (resized).JPG
IMG_3521 (resized).jpg
IMG_3538 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 4029 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 81.
#1601 1 year ago

just received my empty box for playfield replacement from Stern

#1602 1 year ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Sooo, you have to remove everything from the playfield and ship it out to them and then rebuild it when you get the replacement??

I was about to pull the trigger on ordering a GB, but with all these issues, I dont see how I can. There is no way in hell I I would have the time or patience to tear down my brand new playfield...

Unreal these problems... Its not like these things are cheap!

#1603 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Sooo, you have to remove everything from the playfield and ship it out to them and then rebuild it when you get the replacement??
I was about to pull the trigger on ordering a GB, but with all these issues, I dont see how I can. There is no way in hell I I would have the time or patience to tear down my brand new playfield...

No, you remove the playfield whole and intact. Send it off and they send you a complete, new playfield back.

#1604 1 year ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

When it comes to a new machine like Ghostbusters..
* Where can we buy a replacements for cracked plastics ?
* Is it ok to call Stern-support line to order parts or so we need to buy them from a site like Marco and hope they are in stock?
* I see in the manual, there are plastics maintenance kits.
Q: What are the pieces in this kit?
Ghostbusters LE Playfield Plastics Kit 803-5000-H6
Ghostbusters Premium Playfield Plastics Kit 803-5000-H7

Ring Stern and explain what happened. DON'T e-mail, ring them. The guys on tech support are very helpful.

#1605 1 year ago
Quoted from stoptap:

No, you remove the playfield whole and intact. Send it off and they send you a complete, new playfield back.

Ohhh ok. Still annoying but not nearly as bad as what I had thought. Thanks for the explanation.

#1606 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ohhh ok. Still annoying but not nearly as bad as what I had thought. Thanks for the explanation.

It is a pain but at least they are starting to address the issues. Not that many connectors on a Spike game so shouldn't be too difficult. Get somebody to help you with lifting the playfields out and in.

#1607 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I pulled the trigger a couple of weeks ago on a Pro(1st machine ever). So far the only issues I have experienced are bad data cable in the topper(fixed), air balls (fixed with shielding), and just noticed chipped area where the shooter lane accepts the balls. This was after about 1200 games.

However my question to the rest is with the shooter lane damage and damage to where the balls leaves the playfield.. It's not huge at this point but I have turned down the trough power around 179. The ball just now floats to the shooter rod very nicely. However should I report this damage to Stern/distributor or go the route of fixing it on my own(normal wear-n-tear) ? And if I should just fix it, I know people have said a 'Cliffy' but I do not know where to purchase said version of this protector? Does anyone one have this one? http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2120) I'm not sure where to go with this.

Are the slot switch protectors worth it as well? I'm sure I'll have more questions since like I said this is my first machine. Loving it so far.

#1608 1 year ago
Quoted from Fitzhume:

I pulled the trigger a couple of weeks ago on a Pro(1st machine ever). So far the only issues I have experienced are bad data cable in the topper(fixed), air balls (fixed with shielding), and just noticed chipped area where the shooter lane accepts the balls. This was after about 1200 games.
However my question to the rest is with the shooter lane damage and damage to where the balls leaves the playfield.. It's not huge at this point but I have turned down the trough power around 179. The ball just now floats to the shooter rod very nicely. However should I report this damage to Stern/distributor or go the route of fixing it on my own(normal wear-n-tear) ? And if I should just fix it, I know people have said a 'Cliffy' but I do not know where to purchase said version of this protector? Does anyone one have this one? http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2120) I'm not sure where to go with this.
Are the slot switch protectors worth it as well? I'm sure I'll have more questions since like I said this is my first machine. Loving it so far.

Thanks for the info. I thought the air ball problem was on the Premium/LE's only? Where are the airballs on the GB? Also, can you show me where you have wear where the ball leaves the playfield? Do you mean on its way down to the ball trough? I noticed this on my TWD just recently.

In regards to the cliffys, I believe they are the "stern multifit shooter lane protectors." http://www.passionforpinball.com/ballejects.htm

I would just double check to be sure these are the correct fit but I would assume they are... When you go to order, you will need to send him an email saying what you want... I actually sent him an email today as well in anticipation of getting this game.

In regards to the switch protectors, I figured I would get those when and if I find wear happening. You may also want to pickup some of the Scoreli Brothers drop target protectors. You can search for them on Pinside as I saw some stuff on them the other day..

#1609 1 year ago
Quoted from Fitzhume:

I know people have said a 'Cliffy' but I do not know where to purchase said version of this protector? Does anyone one have this one? http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2120) I'm not sure where to go with this.

Fitzhume, Just IM Cliffy - https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/cliffy
I ordered mine from him which has 3 parts.

Cliff is a really nice guy , great to work with, and produces an excellent product.

GB-shooter-set-cliffy (resized).jpg

#1610 1 year ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Any photos you take to document this be great to see and would help others who have to walk through this process.

#1611 1 year ago

Thanks for the info on the protectors. The airballs were happening right on the left ramp on the 2x and 3x pf multipliers. I tried adding some cushion behind the targets but it only slowed the airballs. Since adding that shield on that ramp I don't get airballs probably 98% of the time playing. Only time are on the Scoreli targets (opposite flipper shot) and maybe some side glances on things.

Yes there wear is where the ball enters the trough. Here are photos of both areas. It's the best I could do at this moment. Is this something that I need to report or is this an issue I need to deal with myself? Thanks again!

exit (resized).jpg

shooter (resized).jpg

#1612 1 year ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Ring Stern and explain what happened. DON'T e-mail, ring them. The guys on tech support are very helpful.

Thanks StopTap. I Called Stern Support today and talked to Chaz.
Super nice guy. He asked me to shoot him a photo and my address and said he would send me the part.

I looked back though my photos and I see its broken for a while and I somehow missed it.
My GB-Premium is 90 days old.

#1613 1 year ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

How bad was your playfield, I'm just curios what the replacement plan is, if the playfield needs to be trashed or are they going to swap all with ghosting, chipping etc.

#1614 1 year ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Any photos you take to document this be great to see and would help others who have to walk through this process.

Sorry already packaged up and ready to ship in morning. Was really easy disconnect 3 wire connectors and pull the playfield. 6 pieces of foam from Stern, 1 for each corner and 2 for the middle and slide into the box.

Quoted from Hdmike444:

How bad was your playfield, I'm just curios what the replacement plan is, if the playfield needs to be trashed or are they going to swap all with ghosting, chipping etc.

I have 4 ghosted inserts with 2 of them dropping badly and they all keep getting worse overtime. Shooter lane and drain hole also are damaged.

#1615 1 year ago

Hey guys,

I posted this question a month ago on another forum but ... I have a quick question about Slimer for Premium / LE owners. When Slimer hovers that farther distance LEFT every once in a while (literally floating over the left loop for a brief moment before heading back to the right and mostly staying there) ... can you "bash" him in that position? Obviously if he goes above the plastics you can't. But, my Premium Slimer is just a tad high if he's in that left most spot above the left outlane. The ball will roll underneath him if he's hovering above the oulane. All the other positions register just fine.

If this is by design, in other words he is just hovering out of reach to mess with you, then that's fine. But, if I'm losing a possible bash point, I want to make sure and fix that. Ha ha.

Thanks!

#1616 1 year ago

I can't hit him there.

#1617 1 year ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I ordered mine from him which has 3 parts.
Cliff is a really nice guy , great to work with, and produces an excellent product.

Can someone post a closeup of the 3 pieces installed?

#1618 1 year ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey guys,
I posted this question a month ago on another forum but ... I have a quick question about Slimer for Premium / LE owners. When Slimer hovers that farther distance LEFT every once in a while (literally floating over the left loop for a brief moment before heading back to the right and mostly staying there) ... can you "bash" him in that position? Obviously if he goes above the plastics you can't. But, my Premium Slimer is just a tad high if he's in that left most spot above the left outlane. The ball will roll underneath him if he's hovering above the oulane. All the other positions register just fine.
If this is by design, in other words he is just hovering out of reach to mess with you, then that's fine. But, if I'm losing a possible bash point, I want to make sure and fix that. Ha ha.
Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it is to make it take longer hit him and is designed that way. All that I have seen are the same way.

#1619 1 year ago

Thanks for the input!
I figured since the arm goes in such an "arch" that ... it probably is just a bit out-of-reach. But, since my Slimer needed adjustment for butt-drag (lol), I wanted to make sure that I didn't raise him a bit too much.
Thanks a lot!

#1620 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Can someone post a closeup of the 3 pieces installed?

* Here's a video from Pinball Super nova installing the 3 parts on a Kiss pinball.

* Here's a photo of the basic 3 parts installed.
cliffy2 (resized).jpg

#1621 1 year ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Shooter lane and drain hole also are damaged.

I've not seen drain hole damage. Cliffy has a protector for this, but the ball seems to be moving pretty slow so I'm trying wrap my brain around what the wear is at the drain. Any photos of drain wear would be great to see.

#1622 1 year ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I've not seen drain hole damage. Cliffy has a protector for this, but the ball seems to be moving pretty slow so I'm trying wrap my brain around what the wear is at the drain. Any photos of drain wear would be great to see.

When the ball races and slams into the drain... it will bounce off the plastic apron and can slam into the front edge of the outhole cutout in the playfield. That takes the abuse on the edge, and the clear can chip and separate there from the ball hits.

#1623 1 year ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Thanks StopTap. I Called Stern Support today and talked to Chaz.
Super nice guy. He asked me to shoot him a photo and my address and said he would send me the part.
I looked back though my photos and I see its broken for a while and I somehow missed it.
My GB-Premium is 90 days old.

You're welcome. There are too many people slating Stern who never actually RING them. I am in the UK and have only had to ring Stern once. I couldn't have been happier with the experience. Chas dealt with my issue. Top man !

#1624 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

When the ball races and slams into the drain... it will bounce off the plastic apron and can slam into the front edge of the outhole cutout in the playfield. That takes the abuse on the edge, and the clear can chip and separate there from the ball hits.

Yup, I get it now. I need the cliffy for this ASAP.
drain1-gb (resized).jpg

drain (resized).jpg

#1625 1 year ago

Can someone point me in the right direction for the airball protector for a Pro machine?

Thanks.

#1626 1 year ago

ok, here's the "WHAT IS IT" game - part 2

to remind, nobody found the part 1 i've posted few ago

than, this appears on the PF while playing, just under/near the right scoop, its soft plastic, +/- 1 cm long, something from an electric cable ?

gb (resized).JPG

#1627 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Can someone point me in the right direction for the airball protector for a Pro machine?
Thanks.

There are some on ebay

#1628 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks.

They are available from Joe, at Pin Graffix, Curly at Little shop of games, and myself direct.
Mine, in clear is $19.95 including shipping.

Art

#1629 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks.

oldpinballguy makes and sells them

#1630 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

mine in clear is $19.95 including shipping

i'm still waiting my free set, as i gave you more than some links/ideas at the conception...

(joking of course)

#1631 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

They are available from Joe, at Pin Graffix, Curly at Little shop of games, and myself direct.
Mine, in clear is $19.95 including shipping.
Art

I love the airball protector from oldpinguy ! Its well cut, polished shiny edge, a bit flexible so it wont break on you.
I love that its clear, I don't even notice it.
20161111_105826 (resized).jpg

#1632 1 year ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I love the airball protector from oldpinguy ! Its well cut, polished shiny edge, a bit flexible so it wont break on you.
I love that its clear, I don't even notice it.

Thanks for the pics, ill order from him...

Thanks to the others for the help as well.

#1633 1 year ago

Info here, as Ive received a few PM

Great News for Fellow Pinheads in Canada and Europe!
I figured out a lower weight and cost to ship Protectors to Europe in Canada!
For Canada, a Plain Protector is now $5.00 LESS! $24.95 SHIPPED! With Decal Loose or applied, $29.95.
For Europe So far, its $6.00 Less $26.95 Plain and $31.95 With Decal Loose or applied.
Im reaching out to those who have placed orders for either a refund or upgrade. Should I miss you, please shoot me a PM.
Here are the details again:
USA
It is available for $19.95 Including Shipping
and $24.95 With the Ghost Trap Decal Including Shipping

So, I dont have a business site up, and a direct Paypal to sales@rubinarthur.com will work.

Thanks,

Art

Ill be adding a Pinside Store

Quoted from RipleYYY:

i'm still waiting my free set, as i gave you more than some links/ideas at the conception...
(joking of course)

I hope for something new......send me your address, and Ill reach back to see if you can use!

#1634 1 year ago

who the hell cares about the drain hole edge? Unless you stick your forehead against the glass and look backwards under the apron you will not see it. Every B/W, DE, Sega, Stern has ware at this edge. Even with my restorations people don't care about that spot and don't pay to even have it fixed. Nobody really gives a shit. You guys are worrying about shit that really doesn't matter.

#1635 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok, here's the "WHAT IS IT" game - part 2
to remind, nobody found the part 1 i've posted few ago
than, this appears on the PF while playing, just under/near the right scoop, its soft plastic, +/- 1 cm long, something from an electric cable ?

These are caps for screws usually for plastic ramps...cover the pointed end

#1636 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

This sounds like you do not have the Cliffy's installed 100% correct. I have these in my TWD machine. It took me a while to get the fitment right and the ball should not be raised up. The best way I found to get them seated right, is put both side piece on, but not screwed tight and simply run the ball up and down the shooter lane until it pushed the cliffys away. This allows for the ball to be seated in the shooter lane property, meanwhile having the cliffys positioned as close to the ball as possible (without getting in the way of the ball = no raised ball).

Thanks for the advice Rager170. I'll try your procedure.

#1637 1 year ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

These are caps for screws usually for plastic ramps...cover the pointed end

tanx for the tips, will give a check asap...

#1638 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

...send me your address, and Ill reach back to see if you can use

lol, and nice, as now i'm busted at my own joke
but OK, you'll get a PM...
a big friendly tanx in advance

#1639 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks.

This is the one I have: http://littleshopofgames.com/product/ghostbusters-plastic-air-ball-fix/

#1640 1 year ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

(update: 1.05) (adjusting the ball sensor switch) (refer to photo)
Step1: Test your ball switch be sure you have this problem. (mine started after installing lane protector)
(not the fault of the cliffy, but the cliffy raised the ball just enough so my switch did not make contact most of the time.
Step2: Try raising the switch - loosen the screws and raise up. (for me it was not enough)
Step 3: (only if needed)
(Turn machine off or you will get smacked by the auto launch)
Press wire (ball sensor) down from the top with one hand
Carefully adjust (bend) wire portion of switch upward by a millimeter using a needle nose.
Now the leaf will be pressed down more on the switches actuator button when a ball is present.

Chuck, worked like a charm. Raised the switch....everything is good to go. Thanks so very much for your help bud!

#1641 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Chuck, worked like a charm. Raised the switch....everything is good to go. Thanks so very much for your help bud!

No problem. Glad I could help.

#1642 1 year ago

In case anyone has not seen this. Todd @ TNT has a Ghostbusters critical fix tip video.
He says they have had one Ghostbusters blow out most of its boards due to this issue.

#1643 1 year ago

yep, evbd has to do it...

on mine, did not put the tape under the flash socket, but well on the metal "corner" of the back scoop
same things in fact

#1644 1 year ago

Does anyone put mylar down at the ball drain or am I the only one?

#1645 1 year ago

QUESTION?

I purchased the two shooter lane protector pieces (sold separately) from Pinball Life and afterwards I learned that Cliffy has a 3 piece set. Would you spend more money and buy the Cliffy set instead?

I should be getting my Premium mid December per my distributor.

#1646 1 year ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I purchased the two shooter lane protector pieces (sold separately) from Pinball Life and afterwards I learned that Cliffy has a 3 piece set. Would you spend more money and buy the Cliffy set instead?

Yes, definitely.

#1647 1 year ago

Here's another question for everyone.

Has anyone lowered the right ramp? I just purchased a bunch of different sized metal hex spacers. Before I go through every size, was just wondering if someone found the perfect height.

#1648 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Does anyone put mylar down at the ball drain or am I the only one?

Yes, I did ball drain and shooter lane, as well as a spot on the top ball arc, and two spots in front of 2x and 3x, even if there was factory, to help cushion the reflection from air balls going back down.
I've used removable mylar, and pulled up shooter lane once to see wear after 200 plays.
All good, job done, although if one is concerned
about chipping, cliff is better.

I'm happy in home use knowing the usage
expected.

#1649 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Yes, I did ball drain and shooter lane, as well as a spot on the top ball arc, and two spots in front of 2x and 3x, even if there was factory, to help cushion the reflection from air balls going back down.
I've used removable mylar, and pulled up shooter lane once to see wear after 200 plays.
All good, job done, although if one is concerned
about chipping, cliff is better.
I'm happy in home use knowing the usage
expected.

When you pulled it up to check did you use freeze spray or was everything so new and waxed that it came right up?

I've been using cling vinyl as recommended by another pinside member but I used Mylar in another spot first and wanted to pull it up.

#1650 1 year ago

Ive got one little problem on my le was hoping sombody can help me fix this when i go to drop the playfeild down its not easy the L brackets arnt lined up perfectly i can give it a little muscle and it will drop in but none of my other sterns are like this and its not right whats the tip on lining things up ? I looked and don't really see any adjustments what am I missing?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.99
$ 7,095.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Escondido, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4029 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 81.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside