main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 91.
#1451 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing have you done anything with the foam at the librarian scoop? That the other area that generates air balls.

#1452 7 years ago
Quoted from Jive:

Fyi, I believe I have fixed my airball issue without using any type of protector/shield. Took two small pieces of weather stripping, and stuck them to the back of the targets at the very top. Now, when the target is hit, it stays angled down, and does not launch the ball. Played seven games, and really tried to hammer both targets. Not one ball came off the playfield. I think this is similar to an idea that was posted earlier in this thread, but I did not remove the stock padding. YMMV.

I did the same thing to my stand ups. Helped a ton. Even a softer weather stripping doesn't allow the target to snap back fast enough for the ball to get lift.

#1453 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Thanks for sharing have you done anything with the foam at the librarian scoop? That the other area that generates air balls.

No, but I will look into it.

#1454 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Humm me thinks it may be my lucky day.

How the heck did you land #500.. I thought Cointaker always had dibs in the last LE?

#1455 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

How the heck did you land #500.. I thought Cointaker always had dibs in the last LE?

No clue - but CT always takes care of me - Melissa and Chris are great to work with.

#1456 7 years ago

so I realized the power of the shooter is really strong on this one. How do I reduce the strength so the ball doesn't fly out too fast?

#1457 7 years ago

Ran into this problem this morning. On the new code, I was having my best game so far on my Pro. When I reached Stay Puft I hit the left ramp. As soon as I did that, the DMD said "RESTARTING GAME…" I thought this was the new scare feature and prepared for my machine to scream at me. No scream...just game over. Anybody else come across this?

#1458 7 years ago

Hey guys,

I lifted the PF yesterday on the Prem to install the art blades and noticed a sticker on the left side that was handwritten "Harold LE"

I might have a look under the apron and see if there's a signature like the one that was found in an Aussie one.........

Not sure how many games in, but quite a few and (touch wood) no issues so far except for a small amount of CC chipping in the shooter lane which I've mylard and will get the cliffy lane protector. I reckon that's a must

#1459 7 years ago

My ecto goggle are acting wonky I keep getting a blank screen and occasionally a fast scroll of the ghosts sideways

Any thoughts

#1460 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

My ecto goggle are acting wonky I keep getting a blank screen and occasionally a fast scroll of the ghosts sideways
Any thoughts

I've seen advice for reseating the connection on the board for random issues like this. Let us know if it works.

#1461 7 years ago

Yes I tried that several times and also tried re-doing the code but nothings working

#1462 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Not sure how many games in, but quite a few and (touch wood) no issues so far except for a small amount of CC chipping in the shooter lane which I've mylard and will get the cliffy lane protector. I reckon that's a must

1) Under Feature Adjustments #11, you will find 'Trough Eject Power', I have mine set at 240- you may wish to lower yours until it's at a ball eject power which will help to reduce possible shooter lane chipping.

-Thanks to JMK for this tip. Hope you guys find it useful as well. I minimized mine, just because I see no reason to have it rocket out of there. It can only reduce wear on the game in my opinion.

#1463 7 years ago

Has anyone had cabinet issues like this?

Right corner:
20161021_222509 (resized).jpg20161021_222509 (resized).jpg

Left corner:
20161021_222536 (resized).jpg20161021_222536 (resized).jpg

Another angle of left corner:
20161021_222922 (resized).jpg20161021_222922 (resized).jpg

Oddly, the decal on the outside is fine. This leads me to believe that the cabinet was like this before the side decals were installed.

#1464 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

1) Under Feature Adjustments #11, you will find 'Trough Eject Power', I have mine set at 240- you may wish to lower yours until it's at a ball eject power which will help to reduce possible shooter lane chipping.
-Thanks to JMK for this tip. Hope you guys find it useful as well. I minimized mine, just because I see no reason to have it rocket out of there. It can only reduce wear on the game in my opinion.

Wicked cheers mate I'll do that.

I wondered if it was possible but couldn't see it

#1465 7 years ago

In an effort to reduce/eliminate the airballs off the left ramp on my pro I did the following. I remove the target assemblies and bent the mounting point of the bracket about 5 degrees. These brackets are tough so you may need 2 pairs of pliers. I used a vice grip to hold and pliers to bend. Make sure you bend it the right way too and don't over do it! About 5 degrees (roughly) is all you need. The difference is very noticeable now. Edge shots off the targets bounce slightly off the playfield instead of being ballistic moon shots. You cannot visible tell anything was done either because the angle change is slight.

Edit: It does not 100% eliminate airballs, but significantly reduces them. I was playing and trying to cause airballs by hitting the 2x and 3x targets. I did get a medium airball off the 2x once. Most other times the ball just bounced about 1/4 inch or less off the playfield.

These target brackets are really well designed and strong! The design even keeps them from fanning out sideways.

Rob

20161023_003004 (resized).jpg20161023_003004 (resized).jpg

#1466 7 years ago
Quoted from Jive:

Has anyone had cabinet issues like this?
Right corner:

Left corner:

Another angle of left corner:

Oddly, the decal on the outside is fine. This leads me to believe that the cabinet was like this before the side decals were installed.

Some people have had similar cabinet issues. Namely the font corners coming apart and the wrap around decal tearing.

Rob

#1467 7 years ago

i'd be pushing for a new machine if that was mine, thats only going to get a lot worse.

#1468 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Yes I tried that several times and also tried re-doing the code but nothings working

Ive had this but only once - how often are you seeing it? I put it down to buggy code...

Neil.

#1469 7 years ago

I think we need pictures of cabinets so we can understand how it's supposed to look

#1470 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Ive had this but only once - how often are you seeing it? I put it down to buggy code...
Neil.

Last 4-5 times I have played it it is blank
And I have power cycled several times too

#1471 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

i'd be pushing for a new machine if that was mine, thats only going to get a lot worse.

Guess I will call Stern and see what they say.

#1472 7 years ago

Also be sure to cal your distributor

#1473 7 years ago

Never mind..

#1474 7 years ago

Can someone please post a picture of the autolaunch coil assembly. I need to know where the paper piece goes.

Nevermind, the manual shows it.

Rob

#1475 7 years ago

I (really) stretched out the spring on the autolauncher coil and it seems enough (so far) to keep the autolaunched balls under control. It's a weak spring so it may not last, but it's worth a shot since I don't have another suitable spring right now.

Rob

#1476 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Hey guys,
I lifted the PF yesterday on the Prem to install the art blades and noticed a sticker on the left side that was harold.le handwritten

mine also had the handwritten sticker.

#1477 7 years ago

just thought I would post my fix for the blinding lights on the premium and le near the slingshots. I have placed a thin green piece of electrical tape over the 4 little boards and now the light is not blinding and is a pretty green.

#1478 7 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

just thought I would post my fix for the blinding lights on the premium and le near the slingshots. I have placed a thin green piece of electrical tape over the 4 little boards and now the light is not blinding and is a pretty green.

Can you post a pic? Thanks

#1479 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Hi Guys, I may be on to something here: Look at the attached pictures. They were taken under the same light conditions with the same camera at the same time (10 seconds apart).
The colors are very different. In one the overalls are brownish, in the other more green. This is in real life also the case. The more brownish one does have ghosting (look at Tobins) and the greener has not.
Overall the one with the greener overalls does have much better colors such as the blues and the purples. The other playfield looks more washed out when looking at it directly.
Maybe we can confirm this is the same for all playfields that are having ghosting ?

This would lead me to think stern has several Different manufacturers again.

I Said this before regarding hand written pf dates vs stamped.

#1480 7 years ago

I'm waiting till January to buy my Pre!!Dealer told me they should have the new code by then,and have SOME of the pf issues delt with!Those airballs are tough to fix them all!! Thank you guys for all your great help in taming this beast!! Be back in Jan.

#1481 7 years ago

I haven't read all the posts but has anybody had there clear chipping in the shooter lane? After about 50 games I looked down and saw mine had chipped all the way to bare wood. I have a premium Sept. 26 playfield. I've got games 10-15 years old with no chipping in the shooter lane. What is going on? I don't have any ghosting yet and hope I don't!

IMG_6190 (resized).JPGIMG_6190 (resized).JPG

IMG_6191 (resized).JPGIMG_6191 (resized).JPG

IMG_6256 (resized).JPGIMG_6256 (resized).JPG

IMG_6257 (resized).PNGIMG_6257 (resized).PNG

#1482 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Can you post a pic? Thanks

I'll get a pic for you Tomorrow I'm very happy with it because now I can do loopin supers without getting blinded.
I just cut a small piece of light green electrical tape and placed over the leds on each board then screwed them back in. It was just enough tape to cover the 3/4 of the board with the led. Pic coming still

#1483 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

I haven't read all the posts but has anybody had there clear chipping in the shooter lane? ...

my 1st GB (with ghosting) get same chip there the very first day we've played with it !!! was quite stuning, just few games and already marked

my 2nd one (with no ghosting) has just nothing

seems its an easy conclusion... :/

#1484 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

I haven't read all the posts but has anybody had there clear chipping in the shooter lane? After about 50 games I looked down and saw mine had chipped all the way to bare wood. I have a premium Sept. 26 playfield. I've got games 10-15 years old with no chipping in the shooter lane. What is going on? I don't have any ghosting yet and hope I don't!

What is written in pen to the left of the date stamp, looks like a hand written date ?

#1485 7 years ago

Install the new code and turn the ball eject power down to 176 (lowest) as soon as possible. The default eject power is way too strong and that's why it's chipping.

Rob

#1486 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

mine also had the handwritten sticker.

this one? My premium is a Sept 26th build with a Sept 23rd hand-written pf date.

gbpre (resized).jpggbpre (resized).jpg

#1487 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

What is written in pen to the left of the date stamp, looks like a hand written date ?

It says 9-23

#1488 7 years ago

I got a confirmation from Chas at Stern that putting in a stronger spring above the autolaunch coil can help reduce the kick and should not have any long term negative affects. I have noticed much smoother launches since the switch.

#1489 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Some people have had similar cabinet issues. Namely the font corners coming apart and the wrap around decal tearing.
Rob

Yes, I had a problem with my front left corner. There's a layer of plywood on the front face that pulled away and tore the decal. I need to use some wood glue on it.

#1490 7 years ago

Ok thanks,
My guess and only a guess is this playfield was made by one of the manufacturers, the one using a sharpie to date their playfield, then it was reinspected by Stern 3 days later for final approval.

#1491 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Ok thanks,
My guess and only a guess is this playfield was made by one of the manufacturers, the one using a sharpie to date their playfield, then it was reinspected by Stern 3 days later for final approval.

Was this playfield date supposed to be one that the ghosting was fixed. I still haven't seen any ghosting and I put several more games since the clear chipping showed up.

#1492 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

Was this playfield date supposed to be one that the ghosting was fixed. I still haven't seen any ghosting and I put several more games since the clear chipping showed up.

Who really knows .
These dates are showing some chipping in shooter lane and the ball trough, but the ghosting seems to have almost gone away, maybe a few reports of minor ghosting but not spreading like the LEs .

#1493 7 years ago

Screenshot_2016-10-26-08-10-20 (resized).pngScreenshot_2016-10-26-08-10-20 (resized).png

But then this was just posted, but also the pf Dat of 9-8 is hand written with no secondary date stamp.

#1494 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

Also be sure to cal your distributor

Called Stern and talked to Chas. He wanted me to send him pics of the cabinet, and said he would discuss it with the boss and get back to me. Really unsure as to what they can do, other than replace the game which I highly doubt. Even, then, I'd be rolling the dice as my current playfield does not have the ghosting issue.

#1495 7 years ago
Quoted from Jive:

Called Stern and talked to Chas. He wanted me to send him pics of the cabinet, and said he would discuss it with the boss and get back to me. Really unsure as to what they can do, other than replace the game which I highly doubt. Even, then, I'd be rolling the dice as my current playfield does not have the ghosting issue.

Sh!t , keep that playfiled and have them send you a cab.

#1496 7 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

I'll get a pic for you Tomorrow I'm very happy with it because now I can do loopin supers without getting blinded.
I just cut a small piece of light green electrical tape and placed over the leds on each board then screwed them back in. It was just enough tape to cover the 3/4 of the board with the led. Pic coming still

I'm stopping on the way home and getting some today.

#1497 7 years ago
Quoted from jaystile:

I got a confirmation from Chas at Stern that putting in a stronger spring above the autolaunch coil can help reduce the kick and should not have any long term negative affects. I have noticed much smoother launches since the switch.

Where do I find this different spring? I don't want mine to chip.

#1498 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Where do I find this different spring? I don't want mine to chip.

I don't think the autolaunch causes the chipping. Just bad behavior down the lane... hitting stay puf, etc.

The overpowered ball eject (from the TROW! hi kanada) is what divots and damages the shooter lane in the pics we've seen.

That, and the fact the clear doesn't seem to adhere to the wood properly. Bad combination. There are several rube goldberg type of ways to calm it down or last resort you could put a much less powerful coil in there. Not sure why Stern thinks it's appropriate to blast the ball into the lane with such force.

#1499 7 years ago

I agree, after re reading this my eject is what I'd like to power down a little bit.

#1500 7 years ago

There seemed to be some confusion. According to the manual the 'Eject VUK' (Vertical Up Kick) coil is what causes the chipping in the shooting lane. The coil power can be adjusted in the service menu ADJ > G.B. > Feature Adjustment #11 - Trough Eject Power. Mine is set the lowest power 176. This helped a bit, but I have also installed a cliffy protector.

The other issue is the 'Auto Launch Assembly' firing way too hard. I was worried that is was going to crack the plastic on the back as most of the time the ball ricocheted off the wall into Stay Puft or came bouncing back down the shooting lane. This is what the replacement spring fix is for. Easy to replace.

1. Unscrew
2. Compress spring to raise up the coil off the coil stop.
3. Rotate everything out of the way, replace the spring, and reassemble.

20161026_183409 (resized).jpg20161026_183409 (resized).jpg
20161026_183521 (resized).jpg20161026_183521 (resized).jpg
20161026_183603 (resized).jpg20161026_183603 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 103.00
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/30?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.