Topic Stats

• 4,025 posts
  • 471 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by arcadenerd925
  • Topic is favorited by 140 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 617 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4335 (resized).JPG
Ecto-1.jpg
IMG_0577 (resized).jpg
46C1DA2C-FCEB-4300-8C1D-3112B194C5C7 (resized).jpeg
large (resized).jpg
slimer opto (resized).JPG
bat_step2 (resized).jpg
bat_step1 (resized).jpg
pic6 (resized).jpg
IMG_3532 (resized).JPG
IMG_3533 (resized).jpg
IMG_3530 (resized).JPG
IMG_1210 (resized).JPG
IMG_1211 (resized).JPG
IMG_3521 (resized).jpg
IMG_3538 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 4028 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 81.
#1401 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I guess that's the problem. the first mode is easy. Sure. Second mode is easy until I have to do the far right shot. It's so exact on mine, that 10% it makes it and goes through all the way. Even with my modifications. Before it wouldn't go through at all from a shot, it would have to be some off the wall weird bounce hit off the flipper to make it all the way up.
I've made it to gozar several times, but again you have a far right shot that has to be made again. Getting it the one time was difficult enough, to try and do it twice in the same game is damn near impossible on my machine.

Yeah that right ramp is the toughest part of the game. I'm getting a lot better at it but I still only make it about 35% of the time. Luckily it's not a shot that you need to hit all that often throughout the game other than PKE Frenzy.

#1402 1 year ago

I have found I can backhand it sometimes with the right flipper. THen it flies up there fast as shit. But the shot is precision.

#1403 1 year ago

Humm me thinks it may be my lucky day.

20161012_105742 (resized).jpg

#1404 1 year ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Humm me thinks it may be my lucky day.

Nice!

#1405 1 year ago

Has anyone run into the issue with a drop target 'pulsing'? It sounds like it wants to drop but it just doesn't. It is not 'machine gunning' rapidly. Just a thump every half second. The target stills drops when I hit it, but sometimes it pops back up. The spring tension is the stock 'blue' spring.

#1406 1 year ago

I'm in the Diag > G.B. > LEFT DROP TARGET TEST, when I activate it the 'up' switch it seems to fire twice and then the 'down' switch doesn't work. If I rapidly test up then down it works fine. I have no answer to this.

#1407 1 year ago

My game is factory settings, no center post. Not sure pitch but the levelers are all the way of for what's worth.

Right ramp is toughest shot for me but I can usually hit it 50% of the time. I play the modes efficiently as timer running out on the 3rd mode is usually a problem. I've probably been to it a dozen times at this point.

A6A31CA2-F8BC-449D-896A-C907525F4E12 (resized).jpg

#1408 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I have not seen a premium with any severe ghosting. All I have seen is a very tiny white spot in Tobin's insert. Anyone have serious issues with Premiums?

Some Premiums have shown issues. Anything on or before September 8th (playfield date, not game assembly date) is a bit of a risk.
No issues have been reported since then. Some would say its wise to wait longer, in case problems eventually show up.
I picked up my Premium earlier today. Seems to be 100% in that I haven't found anything that even needs tweaking.
Recently built Premiums should have late Sept playfield dates, provided you don't get a pin thats been sitting somewhere for a few weeks.
Doubt thats likely, given the demand for these recently but until you open the box, you never can tell, right?

#1409 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Some Premiums have shown issues. Anything on or before September 8th (playfield date, not game assembly date) is a bit of a risk.
No issues have been reported since then. Some would say its wise to wait longer, in case problems eventually show up.
I picked up my Premium earlier today. Seems to be 100% in that I haven't found anything that even needs tweaking.
Recently built Premiums should have late Sept playfield dates, provided you don't get a pin thats been sitting somewhere for a few weeks.
Doubt thats likely, given the demand for these recently but until you open the box, you never can tell, right?

So what's your playfield date and is it stamped or hand written?

#1410 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

So what's your playfield date and is it stamped or hand written?

I saw in the other thread his is September 26th (stamped).

#1411 1 year ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I saw in the other thread his is September 26th (stamped).

Thanks STP,
Anyone else see a trend of hand written vs stamped playfields?

#1412 1 year ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

has anyone had to order the new updated slimer mech replacement for the Pro know what they're roughly selling for? Id like to swap mine out, but apparently I need to send the old one back first. i'm not a big fan of taking my game out of commission for 2 weeks or whatever it ends up being because of slow mail/deliveries/shipping departments.. so I'm thinking of just outright buying the new mech to avoid all the annoying shipping stuff, but if its worth crazy money I'll just deal with the wait time.

Have you ordered a replacement mech? Our local OP has one on order but it's been like a month and they still don't have it - trying to see if there's delays for everyone?

#1413 1 year ago

Had Premium a week, having some tuning issues:
1) It was mentioned about the ball getting stuck in the the subway and rolling back and forth, then it goes into search and kicks it out. happens about 50% of the time. I've adjusted the switch at the top of the subway ramp, and it seems to get hit each time. I've adjusted the diverter so it's not rubbing on the plastic, and I've raised the back all the way up so that it has plenty of speed, but doesn't make it back out the subway and then it goes to ball search.
2) about 100% of the time when the ball exits the library lock it goes straight between the two flippers, I've adjusted the play field so that it tilts to the right a little and they i'm proved to about 50% of the time. Don't see where I can adjust the scoop, any ideas?

#1414 1 year ago

there is a setting in game adjustments. Left saucer power. Set it to 20 and it will be perfect every time.

#1415 1 year ago
Quoted from jaystile:

I'm in the Diag > G.B. > LEFT DROP TARGET TEST, when I activate it the 'up' switch it seems to fire twice and then the 'down' switch doesn't work. If I rapidly test up then down it works fine. I have no answer to this.

I figured it out. I have a bad opto board Stern part #520-5252-01 Rev A. I figured this out by swapping the boards between Nunzio and Tony Scoleri. The bad non registering behavior switched to Nunzio and the good registering behavior switched to Tony. I'm going to contact Trent to see if he can send me a new board as they are $60 on marcospecalties.com.

#1416 1 year ago

Please forgive me if this was already posted - I searched the thread as best I could, and I found other Slimer issues, but not this one.

I just got my brand-new Premium today. He shipped with the arm bent up by the upper ramp, and I removed the packaging. I played, but I noticed he did not rotate down when the game called for him. I rotated the arm down myself, and he registered as a target. His position is a bit low but okay. However, he never rotated up out of the way; he stayed where I put himforever.

I tried the feature test for the Slimer motor, and the two boxes say "33" and "34", and the +/- and select buttons do nothing - some text flashes quickly but goes away. No alerts or other reports of issues.

It looks like the motor that's supposed to swing him out is just not doing anything. Anyone else see this issue?

#1417 1 year ago

Try reseating the cable going to the board on the slimer mech.

#1418 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Try reseating the cable going to the board on the slimer mech.

That's a good idea, but it's the first thing I tried. It was well-seated, and reseating it didn't help. I checked all connections in that area, too, including the power to the coil.

If this isn't a well-known issue with an easy solution, then I'll contact Stern about it in the morning.

#1419 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Nothing all the games have that its in the code. It should be fixed when there is a code update.

Holy Smokes. I was just about to ask this question.
I saw it on my machine on day one and thought this has to be a bug, but then with the new code updates coming I started to think "I better make sure this is not a real problem".
So just to restate it: This a code bug.

"Tech Alert"
52 Check - has the wrong name on it
65 Check - has the wrong name on it
92 Check - Not a listed switch in Ghostbusters Prem
93 Check - Not a listed switch in Ghostbusters Prem
94 Check - Is called NOT USED - Not a listed switch in Ghostbusters Prem

See my video of the false switch reports:

20161007_113555 (resized).jpg

20161007_113516 (resized).jpg

20161007_113523 (resized).jpg

20161007_113529 (resized).jpg

20161007_113509 (resized).jpg

#1420 1 year ago
Quoted from Pablomck:

Had Premium a week, having some tuning issues:
1) It was mentioned about the ball getting stuck in the the subway and rolling back and forth, then it goes into search and kicks it out. happens about 50% of the time. I've adjusted the switch at the top of the subway ramp, and it seems to get hit each time. I've adjusted the diverter so it's not rubbing on the plastic, and I've raised the back all the way up so that it has plenty of speed, but doesn't make it back out the subway and then it goes to ball search.
2) about 100% of the time when the ball exits the library lock it goes straight between the two flippers, I've adjusted the play field so that it tilts to the right a little and they i'm proved to about 50% of the time. Don't see where I can adjust the scoop, any ideas?

Got this from another thread....The ball was getting stuck in the subway. This was 100% due to the ball moving too fast through the ramp and when it came to the drop it would fall without making contact with rails and roll back and forth. A little electrical tape in the first ring on the right slowed it down to where it hasn't happened yet. FIXED.

#1421 1 year ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Holy Smokes. I was just about to ask this question.
I saw it on my machine on day one and thought this has to be a bug, but then with the new code updates coming I started to think "I better make sure this is not a real problem".
So just to restate it: This a code bug.
"Tech Alert"
52 Check - has the wrong name on it
65 Check - has the wrong name on it
92 Check - Not a listed switch in Ghostbusters Prem
93 Check - Not a listed switch in Ghostbusters Prem
94 Check - Is called NOT USED - Not a listed switch in Ghostbusters Prem
See my video of the false switch reports: » YouTube video

I have the same #52, #92, #93 on my premium too. Propbably just a bug in the code. I do not have the other two errors though.

#1422 1 year ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

A little electrical tape in the first ring on the right slowed it down to where it hasn't happened yet. FIXED.

Are steel ball rolling over electrical tape will pick up the sticky glue off the side and more glue when it wears through leaving dirt and sticky stuff on your playfeild and subway.

#1423 1 year ago

guys - my premium has a little slimer rub. Is there a step by step of what to do to resolve this online? Just don't want to mess something up and the rubbing is minimal and slimer registers well.

#1424 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Are steel ball rolling over electrical tape will pick up the sticky glue off the side and more glue when it wears through leaving dirt and sticky stuff on your playfeild and subway.

Your solution doesn't have to be electrical tape. The issue is that the ball is moving too fast down the ramp and dropping instead of sliding. Are there other ideas to slow the ball before the drop?

#1425 1 year ago

Mine barely ever exited the subway just stopped back and forth till it eventually dropped. I thought it was speed to but that wasn't the issue.

I had this exact same problem and it made my game unplayable. Fix was easy once i figured it out. Lift the playfield. where the metal ramp meets the plastic subway it can actually be moved to the left or right a tiny bit, you can loosen the mounting screws but i just used a little force and the metal ramp moved a little to the right and now it works 100%. not sure why they made the mounting point slotted for adjustment but easy to fix.

#1426 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Mine barely ever exited the subway just stopped back and forth till it eventually dropped. I thought it was speed to but that wasn't the issue.
I had this exact same problem and it made my game unplayable. Fix was easy once i figured it out. Lift the playfield. where the metal ramp meets the plastic subway it can actually be moved to the left or right a tiny bit, you can loosen the mounting screws but i just used a little force and the metal ramp moved a little to the right and now it works 100%. not sure why they made the mounting point slotted for adjustment but easy to fix.

This solution only "helped" with ours.
The ball does need to be slowed down. If it rattles up top at all you will not get a good feed.
Like many others I can drop the ball by hand and never get a miss coming back out of the subway.
But give the ball any speed and the 100% goes right out of the window.

#1427 1 year ago

As Arcade mentions, just adjusting the botom of the ramp wasn't enough for me either, hard shots would just go through too fast, bang around and lose momentum on the way down the plunge. Slowing the ball down before the plunge was the only way to address it and get it to consistently come out, no matter how hard the shot.

I have the electrical tape on mine, not sure if the friction is going to be enough to wear through the tape. I'll check it every 100 games or so I guess. If someone does have a better solution please post it.

#1428 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I have the electrical tape on mine, not sure if the friction is going to be enough to wear through the tape. I'll check it every 100 games or so I guess. If someone does have a better solution please post it

I have zero problems with this issue, but instead of electrical tape, maybe heat shrink tubing would be a better application?

#1429 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I have zero problems with this issue, but instead of electrical tape, maybe heat shrink tubing would be a better application?

The solution so far is to place a piece of electrical tape in the top of the first metal ring on the subway ramp, not sure how heat shrink tubing would be used there.

#1430 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

The solution so far is to place a piece of electrical tape in the top of the first metal ring on the subway ramp, not sure how heat shrink tubing would be used there.

right.... slice the tubing, wrap the ring area, heat it up, shrink it into place. clear tubing would probably be the best looking.

my pitch is at about 7.5 degrees, and my coil strength is low... wondering if this has anything to do with not having this issue....

#1431 1 year ago

I just got my Pro yesterday and set it up. Played quite a bit so far and I happened to notice this slowly sliding down the play field near the terror dog spot just now. Anyone know where these are used in the game?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwd8lpaBTUT7VmFoWjFqMUt3Vnc (where it was found sliding down)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwd8lpaBTUT7eF9ncEphNDlUTms
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwd8lpaBTUT7QlppeTI1UnNzbU0

#1432 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

right.... slice the tubing, wrap the ring area, heat it up, shrink it into place. clear tubing would probably be the best looking.
my pitch is at about 7.5 degrees, and my coil strength is low... wondering if this has anything to do with not having this issue....

Interesting thought on the tubing, if I have problems with the tape might give it a shot. Right now with it working I don't want to mess with it.

As for pitch and coil strength, maybe. I had mine at 7 degrees initially, and have tried dropping coil strength, no go. I think it is one of those issues that is just a matter of a mm or slight bit of speed either way.

#1433 1 year ago

The stern guys said the playfield issue hadn't been fixed yet when we were at the factory last week, so dates are largely irrelevant until we hear them say it's fixed. Latest guess has it the new play fields will arrive in November as a few folks have been told new play fields to replace duff ones will be delivered in November.

#1434 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

The stern guys said the playfield issue hadn't been fixed yet when we were at the factory last week, so dates are largely irrelevant until we hear them say it's fixed. Latest guess has it the new play fields will arrive in November as a few folks have been told new play fields to replace duff ones will be delivered in November.

Which "Stern guys" are you talking about?

#1435 1 year ago
Quoted from Fitzhume:

I just got my Pro yesterday and set it up. Played quite a bit so far and I happened to notice this slowly sliding down the play field near the terror dog spot just now. Anyone know where these are used in the game?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwd8lpaBTUT7VmFoWjFqMUt3Vnc (where it was found sliding down)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwd8lpaBTUT7eF9ncEphNDlUTms
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwd8lpaBTUT7QlppeTI1UnNzbU0

This is just a complete guess, but it looks like the type of hex screw used to secure micro switches and rollovers on sterns. I would check the 3 rollovers on the 14th street.

#1436 1 year ago
Quoted from imharrow:

This is just a complete guess, but it looks like the type of hex screw used to secure micro switches and rollovers on sterns. I would check the 3 rollovers on the 14th street.

Great knowledge there. That was it. Thanks!!

#1437 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I haven't seen or heard of any ghosting on any GB premium made after Late September.
I'm surprised that someone would actually say that on a tour .

#1438 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I haven't seen or heard of any ghosting on any GB premium made after Late September.

Mine is September 24th or 26th (don't recall).... My Tobin's started ghosting after about 50 plays. it hasnt gotten any worse now after about 75 plays though. No other inserts seem to have this issue yet (knock on wood)...

IMG_20161015_154721553 (resized).jpg

#1439 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitch:

good point, and I dont know. Glad you found the fix being under the playfield..that was a different issue.

#1440 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Mine is September 24th or 26th (don't recall).... My Tobin's started ghosting after about 50 plays. it hasnt gotten any worse now after about 75 plays though. No other inserts seem to have this issue yet (knock on wood)...

No shit ....

#1441 1 year ago

Chambhaz is looking like a total genius right now...oh no the ivory tower is on fire

#1442 1 year ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Which "Stern guys" are you talking about?

I asked three different guys (senior guys!) who were leading the tours, no I won't name them but several people on the tour I was on can attest to this.

I specifically wanted to see if they all said the same thing - which they did, they are aware of the play field issues, its got lots of focus in stern it isn't fixed yet; but will be soon and they will start replacements on GB first and other tables in the new year.

Neil.

#1443 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

i hear a bell ringing!

"WE GOT ONE!"

LOL

regards,
Neil.

#1444 1 year ago

Well at least my September 8th wasn't the cutoff for the fix as previously reported. Was worried I didn't get the next week's 'fixed' ones.

#1445 1 year ago
Quoted from GoDFaDDa:

That's a good idea, but it's the first thing I tried. It was well-seated, and reseating it didn't help. I checked all connections in that area, too, including the power to the coil.
If this isn't a well-known issue with an easy solution, then I'll contact Stern about it in the morning.

Figured out why Slimer wasn't working. I guessed a broader problem when I noticed that the screen for the ecto-goggles wasn't showing anything.

The reseller who unboxed my machine for me also did me the "favor" of installing the latest update. They installed... the latest Pro update. They're lucky it didn't brick the machine. The system probably shouldn't have allowed it. I also wasn't expecting it to fail in that way, as the slimer motor test was present, just non-functional.

In case anyone else runs into it - try reflashing the right update.

#1446 1 year ago

I believe my game may have been one of those that have had the PF replaced. First I have no issues...Second my cabinet was dated late Aug...Third my ship date was 10-14. I would not understand why they would hold a finished game 7 weeks unless it was swapped but time will tell. My pf was hand written 260's and my game is 500 of 500 LE.

#1447 1 year ago

On the subway ball sticking issue...has anyone elongated the exit bend in the subway yet? My subway has an obvious hand made trough hand bent to guide the ball over when it does stick. I am thinking of contacting Stern. If they make that area longer it would shorten the time the ball rolls back and forth and will stop the ball getting stuck. A fast ball would simply skim right over the indent and a stuck ball would be sucked sideways much quicker stopping ball searches.

#1448 1 year ago

I was having trouble with my auto launcher kicking like a mule, shooting like a cannon, or firing like a rocket, please take your pick from the analogies. Today, I replaced the auto launcher spring with a heavier spring (http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-437) in the hope that the greater resistance will work against the coil magnet. It turns out it does! I test fired 20 balls and all of them fired normally like I had manually plunged them. I bet I didn't have to 'spring' for the heavier spring and could've just used another one of the finer gauge wire springs with 10 coils (http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-128). It took me about 3 minutes to install it. Here is a picture of the comparison.

IMG_4739 (resized).JPG

#1449 1 year ago

Fyi, I believe I have fixed my airball issue without using any type of protector/shield. Took two small pieces of weather stripping, and stuck them to the back of the targets at the very top. Now, when the target is hit, it stays angled down, and does not launch the ball. Played seven games, and really tried to hammer both targets. Not one ball came off the playfield. I think this is similar to an idea that was posted earlier in this thread, but I did not remove the stock padding. YMMV.

20161020_213733 (resized).jpg

#1450 1 year ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I believe my game may have been one of those that have had the PF replaced. First I have no issues...Second my cabinet was dated late Aug...Third my ship date was 10-14. I would not understand why they would hold a finished game 7 weeks unless it was swapped but time will tell. My pf was hand written 260's and my game is 500 of 500 LE.

Give. It's an LE I'd say that's not outside the realms of possibility and it would be nice to know that stern focused on the LEs first - What's the date on the PF?

For the record my premium is dated August and hasn't got any issues yet but I'm predicting I get them. Also no issues with subway, launch mech or slimer in fact - no issues at all so far! Minor nit is thati have the LE apron stickers but I can live with that.

Neil

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
4,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4028 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 81.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside