Topic Stats

• 4,166 posts
  • 486 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by kidchrisso
  • Topic is favorited by 144 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 634 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0132 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181006-072857_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181006-072844_Chrome (resized).jpg
GB Switch Test (resized).jpg
IMG_20180304_174524 (resized).jpg
Print (resized).jpg
cale scolari (resized).jpg
drop target alt (resized).jpg
IMG_1703 (resized).JPG
20180804_165622 (resized).jpg
20180804_165426 (resized).jpg
13AB20DE-3A78-424E-8E2A-8309F49962DE (resized).jpeg
received_10160723852695603 (resized).jpeg
20180720_213838 (resized).jpg
20180720_213818 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180722_091709 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 4169 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 84.
#1351 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

That looks goods, I could not find that version of MT45. Is that still around - or can you share that template? I have one made up myself but still have an occasional airball from the left target.

You can find my template at the link below. BTW, love the modification that TaylorVA did, on my game it does not rub, but I'm not sure you could slide a human hair between it and the ball as it goes up the ramp. TaylorVA's semi-circle cutout completely eliminates that as a potential issue

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/330#post-3292934

Look just a little way down my post for link to the template

#1352 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I modified MT45s version as it seemed like the ball was hitting as it hit the flap.

Nice job TaylorVA. I'm going to change my template to incorporate your semi-circle cut on the reverse. Super idea!
For those that are considering using the template, I should have the new one up this weekend. If you use the old one, just make certain that when you cut the 33MM depth (144MM length section), you cut it tight ...as in 33MM or LESS to avoid any chance of the ball contacting on the way up the ramp.

#1353 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Nice job TaylorVA. I'm going to change my template to incorporate your semi-circle cut on the reverse. Super idea!
For those that are considering using the template, I should have the new one up this weekend. If you use the old one, just make certain that when you cut the 33MM depth (144MM length section), you cut it tight ...as in 33MM or LESS to avoid any chance of the ball contacting on the way up the ramp.

Your template is excellent. As an FYI, When printing I had to scale to 108% to get it to match your dimensions. Thanks for sharing, played tonight and absolutely no rubbing.

#1354 2 years ago

From pinball life rev c

#1355 2 years ago

Pinball life rev c

#1356 2 years ago

Did you try to switch the settings on the shaker to see what it will do. I read somewhere a ways back that there are different levels you can choose to have the shaker motor working, maybe changing that could help...though its odd that it just does not shut off.

#1357 2 years ago

Stupid question - the premium didn't come with the shaker motor? I have a Pro so I had to add mine... but I used the "official" one.

#1358 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Stupid question - the premium didn't come with the shaker motor? I have a Pro so I had to add mine... but I used the "official" one.

Correct the premium has no shaker like the pro

#1359 2 years ago

Some distributors offer the shaker motor with the premium and they install it thats why you see a lot of folks with the shaker

#1360 2 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Some distributors offer the shaker motor with the premium and they install it thats why you see a lot of folks with the shaker

Ahhhh... That is probably why I thought I knew someone that had it "included".

#1361 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Correct the premium has no shaker like the pro

that is ludicrous. $1700 price difference and they can't throw in a $20 shaker. SMH.

#1362 2 years ago

OMG isn't there bigger fishes to fry on this machine than the shaker motor not included lol

#1363 2 years ago

I tryed changing the settings but the shakers dead not sure if the port fried or the shaker

#1364 2 years ago

You should be able to look at the schematics and determine which pin in the shaker port is power and which is ground. I would do that and test it for voltage. Not sure if it pushes voltage 100% of the time (doubt it) so you'll need to utilize test mode to see if voltage is being pushed.

That will tell you whether you have a game problem or a motor problem.

#1365 2 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

OMG isn't there bigger fishes to fry on this machine than the shaker motor not included lol

Yeah, but I figured it was worth pointing out my issue with the premium not having the shaker included.

Let's get back to the other issues this game has.

Anyone else not have orbits register during MB? How about the ball save insert bug that doesn't seem to have a rhyme or reason for when it lights up.

#1366 2 years ago
#1367 2 years ago

How does one adjust the flipper strength??

#1368 2 years ago

Just got my premium, finally.

Seems to work pretty well out of the box, one issue I'm having is the subway ramp doesn't register all the time. In fact, it seems it may register every other shot.

For example, when the jackpot is lit, I'll hit the ramp.. nothing... hit it again, collect. Anyone else seeing this?

I went through diagnostics and tried running the ball through and it seems to register each time. I did have on particularly fast ball that didn't trigger it. This is my first machine that's newer than 1990 and I'm not familiar with how to adjust the sensitivity on the switch on the subway ramp. Can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks!

#1369 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballcrazed:

How does one adjust the flipper strength??

Should be in adjustments menu, under SPI, then#43. I have mine set to soft and it still can airball if you brick a post.

#1370 2 years ago
Quoted from djayc:

Just got my premium, finally.
Seems to work pretty well out of the box, one issue I'm having is the subway ramp doesn't register all the time. In fact, it seems it may register every other shot.
For example, when the jackpot is lit, I'll hit the ramp.. nothing... hit it again, collect. Anyone else seeing this?
I went through diagnostics and tried running the ball through and it seems to register each time. I did have on particularly fast ball that didn't trigger it. This is my first machine that's newer than 1990 and I'm not familiar with how to adjust the sensitivity on the switch on the subway ramp. Can anyone offer some advice?
Thanks!

You just need to bend the switch arm out a bit.
Somewhere in this thread there is even a photo about this very switch.
Shows how you need to hold the back of the switch arm in place with one finger and bend it out with another.
It is actually quite simple. you just want to bend it slightly without it popping off.

#1371 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

You just need to bend the switch arm out a bit.
Somewhere in this thread there is even a photo about this very switch.
Shows how you need to hold the back of the switch arm in place with one finger and bend it out with another.
It is actually quite simple. you just want to bend it slightly without it popping off.

Great, thanks! I read through most of this thread, and even searched -- maybe my terms were off. It's a long thread

Thank you for the info, I'll give that a shot!

#1372 2 years ago

This seems like it could have been avoided. I know...I know... I need to install an air ball guard.

IMG_20161006_182236 (resized).jpg

#1373 2 years ago
Quoted from djayc:

Great, thanks! I read through most of this thread, and even searched -- maybe my terms were off. It's a long thread
Thank you for the info, I'll give that a shot!

Here you go. I have the slimer adjust, the extra captive ball fix and switch bend fix all documented with pictures.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread?tq&tu=Mitch1985

#1374 2 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

This seems like it could have been avoided. I know...I know... I need to install an air ball guard.

from where jump the ball ?

#1375 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

from where jump the ball ?

It was a grazing shot off the 2X. I was in he slimed me and was shooting left ramp at the time. I think the guards people have would have stopped it, but it depends on the clearance at the back, since it kind of followed the path of the ramp, only higher.

#1376 2 years ago

Made this mod for all the crying about the flipper gap.

IMG_0703 (resized).JPG

#1377 2 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

It was a grazing shot off the 2X. I was in he slimed me and was shooting left ramp at the time. I think the guards people have would have stopped it, but it depends on the clearance at the back, since it kind of followed the path of the ramp, only higher.

ok
was thinking or from shooterlane or from the right ramp...

#1378 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Made this mod for all the crying about the flipper gap.

Cool. Can you powder coat one for me?

#1379 2 years ago

I made a thread about a factory defect that stern is having problems with. Everyone may want to give their machine a once over.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attn-ghost-busters-owner

#1380 2 years ago

Drop target ledge broke last night. Going to fashion a new one.

IMG_0738 (resized).JPG

#1381 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Drop target ledge broke last night. Going to fashion a new one.

Did you have the tighter springs on the drop target?

20160905_043759 (resized).jpg

#1382 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I had to swap mine to the tighter springs. but found the tighter springs to be too tight and had to stretch them out a hair for my targets to work flawlessly. When I first popped them in the targets would pop up and immediately drop again... If that happens just stretch them just slightly.

#1383 2 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I had to swap mine to the tighter springs. but found the tighter springs to be too tight and had to stretch them out a hair for my targets to work flawlessly. When I first popped them in the targets would pop up and immediately drop again... If that happens just stretch them just slightly.

I used the factory springs and just hooked the springs a couple loops up to make them tighter. Seemed to work well.

#1384 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Are those pics of a premium ???

PF date ?

#1385 2 years ago

What do I do to fix a switch test error? I have 5 total out of the box

IMG_3226 (resized).JPG

#1386 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

What do I do to fix a switch test error? I have 5 total out of the box

Nothing all the games have that its in the code. It should be fixed when there is a code update.

#1387 2 years ago

Nothing...normal bugs, Ignore and they will be going away with updates.

#1388 2 years ago

Thanks!

#1389 2 years ago

Completed Stay Puft numerous times now and whenever starting the Multipliers are all 1x. Anyone know how to increase these or is it not even in the code?

IMG_0780 (resized).JPG

#1390 2 years ago

has anyone had to order the new updated slimer mech replacement for the Pro know what they're roughly selling for? Id like to swap mine out, but apparently I need to send the old one back first. i'm not a big fan of taking my game out of commission for 2 weeks or whatever it ends up being because of slow mail/deliveries/shipping departments.. so I'm thinking of just outright buying the new mech to avoid all the annoying shipping stuff, but if its worth crazy money I'll just deal with the wait time.

#1391 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Completed Stay Puft numerous times now and whenever starting the Multipliers are all 1x. Anyone know how to increase these or is it not even in the code?

how the hell are you getting to stay puft so easy? I have yet to reach him once. But I do not have a center post and set to about 7degree pitch. Factory side posts and standard stock everything.

#1392 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how the hell are you getting to stay puft so easy?

you're better playing with VP, right ?

#1393 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I've been to Stay Puft a handful of times and the multipliers were all 1x everytime just like they are for you. I'm not sure how to increase these but would love to find out!

#1394 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how the hell are you getting to stay puft so easy? I have yet to reach him once. But I do not have a center post and set to about 7degree pitch. Factory side posts and standard stock everything.

Once you know what you're doing it's not that tough Neo. I've made it there numerous times on a route game with stock settings. The first 2 modes should be a breeze to get through. When you're in Gozer mode shoot the right ramp right away and then the Gozer target. Then shoot all the lit shots (I think there's 4 of them) and the Gozer target again to complete. Then it should be lit at right orbit.

#1395 2 years ago

Gb lands here today....l look forward to getting this title more than the last three. Cant wait to get under the hood.

#1396 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Are those pics of a premium ???
PF date ?

Nope that is my LE. The photo came up in my post (from history maybe) and I couldn't remove it...

#1397 2 years ago

I have not seen a premium with any severe ghosting. All I have seen is a very tiny white spot in Tobin's insert. Anyone have serious issues with Premiums?

#1398 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I have not seen a premium with any severe ghosting. All I have seen is a very tiny white spot in Tobin's insert. Anyone have serious issues with Premiums?

Honestly it's too early to tell. Wait a month or two. This is what happened with GBLEs. Nothing worse than inspecting your $8000 toy every single day for fear that issues will develop.

If there's no Stern public "We will replace your defective play field" stance, it's not worth a $6700 risk.

#1399 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how the hell are you getting to stay puft so easy

and even more, as i've just made it to the final WIZARD MODE

#1400 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Once you know what you're doing it's not that tough Neo. I've made it there numerous times on a route game with stock settings. The first 2 modes should be a breeze to get through. When you're in Gozer mode shoot the right ramp right away and then the Gozer target. Then shoot all the lit shots (I think there's 4 of them) and the Gozer target again to complete. Then it should be lit at right orbit.

I guess that's the problem. the first mode is easy. Sure. Second mode is easy until I have to do the far right shot. It's so exact on mine, that 10% it makes it and goes through all the way. Even with my modifications. Before it wouldn't go through at all from a shot, it would have to be some off the wall weird bounce hit off the flipper to make it all the way up.

I've made it to gozar several times, but again you have a far right shot that has to be made again. Getting it the one time was difficult enough, to try and do it twice in the same game is damn near impossible on my machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dallas, TX
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 217.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4169 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside