Topic Stats

• 4,025 posts
  • 471 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by arcadenerd925
  • Topic is favorited by 140 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 617 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4335 (resized).JPG
Ecto-1.jpg
IMG_0577 (resized).jpg
46C1DA2C-FCEB-4300-8C1D-3112B194C5C7 (resized).jpeg
large (resized).jpg
slimer opto (resized).JPG
bat_step2 (resized).jpg
bat_step1 (resized).jpg
pic6 (resized).jpg
IMG_3532 (resized).JPG
IMG_3533 (resized).jpg
IMG_3530 (resized).JPG
IMG_1210 (resized).JPG
IMG_1211 (resized).JPG
IMG_3521 (resized).jpg
IMG_3538 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 4028 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 81.
#1301 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have a pro, so maybe it's something in the LE code? Shrugs.
Rob

Mine is a pro too.

#1302 1 year ago
Quoted from Junglist:

On the pro does anyone else find a left ramp objective can be triggered by a really clean right ramp shot that goes to the top? Seems like a bug although I'm not complaining
For example "we got one" or sfmb can trigger from a fast clean right ramp shot. When SFMB did it, it was pretty cool.

I think i've noticed this too, definitely had it happen once or twice to trigger storage facility multiball on a really nice right ramp shot.

#1303 1 year ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I assume the reason he asked is that left orbit shots don't register while the autolaunch is plunging balls (at start or ballsave). This might be what happened to you.

going to check this

#1304 1 year ago

Other strange thing, when shooting the left ramp to start multiball, directly raises the left scolari target when the ramp switch is activated, then when the animation for SFMB ends, the drop target is lowered again, and then when the MB starts both drop targets come up (normal)

#1305 1 year ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Other strange thing, when shooting the left ramp to start multiball, directly raises the left scolari target when the ramp switch is activated, then when the animation for SFMB ends, the drop target is lowered again, and then when the MB starts both drop targets come up (normal)

hi it's the same thing for me !

#1306 1 year ago

+1

not a strange thing, but most a small software bug

#1307 1 year ago

Is it possible to start up a mode while in PKE frenzy? bashing away at GHOST to collect, completed, but only after PKE times out you can start one.

#1308 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

+1

I have not seen this on any GB I have played. Are you guys using the replacement springs?

#1309 1 year ago

Do you have tournament mode enabled? Mine does the same since I turned tournament mode on.

#1310 1 year ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I have not seen this on any GB I have played. Are you guys using the replacement springs?

HI no it 's the original springs

#1311 1 year ago
Quoted from imharrow:

no did not change anything to the scolari targets

#1312 1 year ago
Quoted from dukejules:

Do you have tournament mode enabled? Mine does the same since I turned tournament mode on.

yes, I have tournament mode enabled (since the first game actually)

#1313 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

+1

Yeah, my pro does that too. I'd rather see no scoleri's come up during SFMB...

Rob

#1314 1 year ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes during gameplay pressing both flippers at the same time results in the lower playfield GI lights to go off? and then as soon as you release they come back on. (both at the same time). Then everything goes back to normal and it won't happen again and I have no idea what exact circumstances make it happen. Just noticed it more than once. Perhaps normal? Bug?

I had an issue last night after about game 3 since the unboxing. GI sections 2 and 3 (middle and top) went dim to a flicker. And matrix panels top left, middle and right also went dim to a flicker. Stayed like that for about 4 games, then worked normal for about 4 games, and then went out again. Also have an issue where the flashers for the Mag slings stays on for awhile.

#1315 1 year ago

Just unbowed my le tonight.
No ghosting anywhere( and I looked for a while)
After turning it on and off a few times just checking things I get this message

IMG_9847 (resized).JPG

IMG_9848 (resized).JPG

#1316 1 year ago

I turned it on and off a few more times and the same thing pops up.Anyone know what this is?

#1317 1 year ago

the more I play this, the more I think it's software related instead of hardware. I set my flashers to low (which still is too fawking bright). I still get the glitch where the mag sling flashers stay lit at certain times. Ball launches by itself sometimes. Top and middle GI's still go out from time to time. But I noticed certain modes do it as well. It's almost as if the software is doing it.

anyone else think the LE software for 1.05 is glitchy?

#1318 1 year ago

Not seeing what you see, but maybe some help.

If the flasher setting isnt working, then fix it manually.
I put a ghost, and then ended with a Floating Tobins Spirit Guide...took the edge off of that one.
For the storage unit, I put a Nuclear Sticker found in the Free Pack of Stickers, with Proton Pack, you
could also put a Ghostbusters symbol. It cuts alot off the the top of the flash, and looks cool, I think.
Also did the ones in the back.
The Mag Flashers are suppose to stay lit, I believe, they do so on mine, at a certain trigger....maybe someone knows this, and get more active or tricks, it seems, when both are lit.
The Auto Launch can be a start up glitch, I have seen and shared with that on opening boot sequence, it can auto launch. Sometimes it seems if this was a result of a game turned off, mid ball, or pressing start before booting fully. Not sure if this is what you see.
Dont know about the GI.

1.05 does have some rule bugs, many will be shared by the Premium owners, as thousands ship.
but so far, left captive ball award issues, some scoring, I think a few modes are off...

Others that play better than me will notice more and will share.

#1319 1 year ago
Quoted from dukejules:

You're right Jules, it was the tournament mode, switched it off and everything works normal now

#1320 1 year ago

I posted this in the offical LE thread but should be posted here as well.

I've noticed on a lot of LE pictures the flippers seemed down to far and misaligned. Mine was the same way. Because the marking guides are down to far. I adjusted the flippers where they should be and now shots are smooth. Far right tight ramp is easier and smooth. Ball reacts the way it should from bounces. Main ramp you can backhand with the left flipper. Before shots would feel a little off. Hitting entrances on the way in, instead of flowing in. Now all shots are smoothed out. Feels 100% better.

Also solved bounce overs and reduced side drains from the metal guides on the outlanes. I've told people this before and nobody seems to put forth any effort to do it. So I looked at how they had the side rails mounted. They go all the way through the playfield and flush with the backside. Rails do not need to be that far in. Especially ones this thick.
Tools you will need:
Hammer
Drill bit, awl or rod that is smaller diameter than the rail.

Have someone hold the playfield up, put the flat part of the drill bit against the rail edge and hit it in about 1/4". Not only did it stop bounce overs, but also reduced side drains. Which at first, I couldn't figure out why. Height of the rail shouldn't effect it. But here's what i found out. The rail has a curved edge. With the rail to low, the curved edge hits under the ball and not on the outside edge of it's greatest circumference. This also would get under the ball and cause lift, allowing the ball to roll up the curve of the metal rail. With the rail 1/4" higher, it now hits the widest part of the ball. Giving no lift, and closing the side gap, as it doesn't allow about 1/16" of ball to travel over it. Made a big difference and doesn't cost a cent. These are the types of things that are done when dialing in a game and make a huge difference in getting your games to play smooth and nice.

#1321 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I've noticed on a lot of LE pictures the flippers seemed down to far and misaligned. Mine was the same way. Because the marking guides are down to far. I adjusted the flippers where they should be and now shots are smooth. Far right tight ramp is easier and smooth. Ball reacts the way it should from bounces. Main ramp you can backhand with the left flipper. Before shots would feel a little off. Hitting entrances on the way in, instead of flowing in. Now all shots are smoothed out. Feels 100% better.
Also solved bounce overs and reduced side drains from the metal guides on the outlanes. I've told people this before and nobody seems to put forth any effort to do it. So I looked at how they had the side rails mounted. They go all the way through the playfield and flush with the backside. Rails do not need to be that far in. Especially ones this thick.
Tools you will need:
Hammer
Drill bit, awl or rod that is smaller diameter than the rail.
Have someone hold the playfield up, put the flat part of the drill bit against the rail edge and hit it in about 1/4". Not only did it stop bounce overs, but also reduced side drains. Which at first, I couldn't figure out why. Height of the rail shouldn't effect it. But here's what i found out. The rail has a curved edge. With the rail to low, the curved edge hits under the ball and not on the outside edge of it's greatest circumference. This also would get under the ball and cause lift, allowing the ball to roll up the curve of the metal rail. With the rail 1/4" higher, it now hits the widest part of the ball. Giving no lift, and closing the side gap, as it doesn't allow about 1/16" of ball to travel over it. Made a big difference and doesn't cost a cent. These are the types of things that are done when dialing in a game and make a huge difference in getting your games to play smooth and nice.

Thanks for this info. Going to give it a try.

#1322 1 year ago

I adjusted the outlanes, that is a great enhancement. Took some effort to hammer back the outline but the ball has now a more reliable path. So you can make some saves there. Next thing was the flippers. Aligned them with the plastics. Also a great enhancement. I even got the left ramp with a backhand Shot! The machine plays much better now. Only thinking about carrot flippers now, the stdm drains are still ruthless.

#1323 1 year ago

I did the same thing with the flippers initially, probably put 40-50 games with them that way. At first I loved it, but In the end I bought the carrot flippers and moved them back down to factory and tried 40-50 games. I found the game was much more fun in the factory position after trying both. The orbit shots flow much better on the fly, the PKE stand up lower targets shots are easy to make, terror dog, captive ball and Negative reinforcement etc. Everything seems to be designed to play with flippers drooping. I might try reverting back to factory position for a while after you've put some games in the up position and see what you think.

#1324 1 year ago

see, i had the opposite effect. The game plays much smoother in a natural flipper alignment for me anyway. I'm sure each game needs to be tweeked and adjusted so how everything lines up.

#1325 1 year ago

Just got our premium in today.
Everything works great but the subway.
The subway shot is horrible. The ball never comes back up for us and really ruins the flow of the game because it takes so long for the ball to settle into the under subway exit. it just rocks back and forth forever.
Really cuts into your score on "Loopin Supers" mode.
We probably played at least 10 four player games, so about 40 games or more and the ball made it out of the subway maybe 5 times.
Made sure the table was level. Tried raising and lowering the front and back legs, but nothing helped.
We had a blast playing but I sure hope we can get this fixed.
We did notice that when the ball comes flying around the upper part of the ramp is slams into the middle metal ring just before it dips down.

#1326 1 year ago

did you look if the diverter is opening up all the way? might be getting hung up and hitting the ball when it's suppose to be open.

I just spent 3 hours trying to figure out a way to get the PKE ramp to work smoother. Because shots would hit, get to the top and not make it around. Even nice shots. So I took out the hex support and put a shorter one in. Loosed up the 2 flap screws somewhat and lowered how the ball drop was. Helped a little bit. The main thing was the right metal guide at the ramp entrance. Mine was bent half assed and didn't follow the curve of the ramp worth a crap. was a 1/8" gap in spots. So I rebent it to follow the ramp edge. Helped a lot. That 1/8" gap made a world of difference.

Also made a blocking shield for the ecto goggles. Basically a square sheet of plastic that uses the L brackets on the slings that arn't being used. Mounted it to a clear plastic wall, and attached it to the screw for the exit gate by the pops. Protects the glass and the left side of the goggles. We will see if it stops airballs from getting in there now.

#1327 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I just spent 3 hours trying to figure out a way to get the PKE ramp to work smoother. Because shots would hit, get to the top and not make it around. Even nice shots. The main thing was the right metal guide at the ramp entrance. Mine was bent half assed and didn't follow the curve of the ramp worth a crap. was a 1/8" gap in spots. So I rebent it to follow the ramp edge. Helped a lot. That 1/8" gap made a world of difference.

I was just looking at mine last night thinking the same thing and wondering what to do. After inspecting, you can see why the momentum is lost the way the guide makes the ball flow. One other pinsider tooks some plastic off the ramp to get a better bend. I'm going to try what you did over the weekend. That shot is so satisfying, but way too many rejects at critical times in the game.

Btw, great fix on the rails, might have to try that one as well.

IMG_0350 (resized).JPG

#1328 1 year ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just got our premium in today.
Everything works great but the subway.
The subway shot is horrible. The ball never comes back up for us and really ruins the flow of the game because it takes so long for the ball to settle into the under subway exit. it just rocks back and forth forever.
Really cuts into your score on "Loopin Supers" mode.
We probably played at least 10 four player games, so about 40 games or more and the ball made it out of the subway maybe 5 times.
Made sure the table was level. Tried raising and lowering the front and back legs, but nothing helped.
We had a blast playing but I sure hope we can get this fixed.
We did notice that when the ball comes flying around the upper part of the ramp is slams into the middle metal ring just before it dips down.

I had this exact same problem and it made my game unplayable. Fix was easy once i figured it out. Lift the playfield. where the metal ramp meets the plastic subway it can actually be moved to the left or right a tiny bit, you can loosen the mounting screws but i just used a little force and the metal ramp moved a little to the right and now it works 100%. not sure why they made the mounting point slotted for adjustment but easy to fix.

#1329 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the PKE ramp to work smoother. Because shots would hit, get to the top and not make it around. Even nice shots.

This is the direct result of having the flippers lifted from the factory position, and why I ended up putting the flippers back even though other shots felt a bit better with the flippers up. If you are convinced that tweaking the ramp has addressed the right ramp shot with repositioned flippers then I might try that. Are you getting most shots to complete now?

#1330 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Also made a blocking shield for the ecto goggles. Basically a square sheet of plastic that uses the L brackets on the slings that arn't being used. Mounted it to a clear plastic wall, and attached it to the screw for the exit gate by the pops. Protects the glass and the left side of the goggles. We will see if it stops airballs from getting in there now.

Pics?

#1331 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I had this exact same problem and it made my game unplayable. Fix was easy once i figured it out. Lift the playfield. where the metal ramp meets the plastic subway it can actually be moved to the left or right a tiny bit, you can loosen the mounting screws but i just used a little force and the metal ramp moved a little to the right and now it works 100%. not sure why they made the mounting point slotted for adjustment but easy to fix.

Thanks Mitch.
You can bet we will be trying that after work today.

#1332 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Yes, this is the first thing to do!

#1333 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This is the direct result of having the flippers lifted from the factory position, and why I ended up putting the flippers back even though other shots felt a bit better with the flippers up. If you are convinced that tweaking the ramp has addressed the right ramp shot with repositioned flippers then I might try that. Are you getting most shots to complete now?

no, it sucked worse in factory. It was the way the right side guard followed the wall of the ramp. Combining that, with lowering the wire form section, made the downward slope better. Now instead of getting a 90% failure on shots, i'm getting about 70% successful.

#1334 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I've noticed on a lot of LE pictures the flippers seemed down to far and misaligned

Its been noted from the start they intentionally aligned the flippers to the MID line of the flipper bat to be parallel to the guides.. not the top edge of the flippers.

#1335 1 year ago

Ok, here is a pic of the metal guide. Still not completely tight, but way better than it was. Before it would extend out and the curve started to late. Left a 1/8" gap between the metal and the ramp.

ghostbusters modifications (1) (resized).JPG

#1336 1 year ago

Here is the plastic wall I put up. It's not pretty, but i'm testing running it right now Until I can figure out a good solution for the standup airballs.

ghostbusters modifications (2) (resized).JPG

ghostbusters modifications (3) (resized).JPG

#1337 1 year ago

and here is my flipper alignment. I found that this setup makes all the shots much smoother and more natural ball control. I can hit all shots off the tip and backhand the left saucer and ramp. I can backhand the, ok, who brought the dog shot from the right side as well.

ghostbusters modifications (4) (resized).JPG

ghostbusters modifications (5) (resized).JPG

#1338 1 year ago

Just send me $20 for an air ball protector on the ramps.

I havent seen a ball go near the goggles....not saying it cant happen, just see only a few airballs here or there....normal amount.

No harm to protect the goggles, but only one issue reported, and only with no protection in place over the targets.

#1339 1 year ago

i've had it bounce off the reflector, roll between the reflector, bounce off the top of the plastic housing. Flies right past it into the shooter lane at least 40 times now. I wanted to protect it, because i've seen the reflector get cracked and the LCD split inside the unit from airballs.

#1340 1 year ago

Why not get a airball deflector for 20 instead of that huge ugly wall?

#1341 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I can hit all shots off the tip and backhand the left saucer and ramp. I can backhand the, ok, who brought the dog shot from the right side as well.

I can do all this with the flippers at factory position.

#1342 1 year ago

with the flippers lower... its harder for people to trap, pass, etc. I think that hurt a lot of players initially.. GB is a game you gotta really learn to dead bounce on to slow it down around the flippers, etc.

#1343 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

with the flippers lower... its harder for people to trap, pass, etc. I think that hurt a lot of players initially.. GB is a game you gotta really learn to dead bounce on to slow it down around the flippers, etc.

I agree.
I can get used to the flippers being low for shooting.
But it sure makes it more difficult to play in control as the ball always wants to roll off of a catch.
At some point I will probably put them back normal.
After enough time people will probably forget they were angled downwards orginally anyway when they do flipper repairs.

#1344 1 year ago

I just threw this together in case someone else was concerned and wanted some other ideas.

If you are concerned about the Ecto goggles, especially if you have nothing over the ramp targets,
I found this Key Fob in my Goody bag. A Bolt and nut, and a spring stretched out, here is a side, but slightly distorted view.
A ball cant go underneath, and the likelihood from above has to be insanely rare to arc up and down.
On a Spring, a lot of energy will be lost, on a stiff wire, it should stop alot. No real cost, just another way, but if theres a large demand fr a clear, Ill make it, I just dont really see it needed...yet.....

For taking care of outlane hops, this is almost ready for proto-production.
The edges need to be cleaned to perfect angles, of course. It covers the guide rails enough to keep balls from jumping to
outlane. It also, if you can see has a clear edge extending beyond the original plastic, so its also a sling shot protector!

A second picture shows it with additional art, if possible.

GB Lane Gaurds (resized).jpg

GB Lane Gaurdsw (resized).jpg

Ecto stop (resized).jpg

#1345 1 year ago

Thanks to MT45 for passing along his airball template.

IMG_0640 (resized).JPG

#1346 1 year ago

That looks goods, I could not find that version of MT45. Is that still around - or can you share that template? I have one made up myself but still have an occasional airball from the left target.

#1347 1 year ago

I modified MT45s version as it seemed like the ball was hitting as it hit the flap.

IMG_0650 (resized).JPG

#1348 1 year ago

Any reason for the diverter on the ramp to stop working on the pro?

#1349 1 year ago

Just got my premium and connected the shaker motor to it and first shot that used the shaker motor it started shaking and did not stop turned off the game to stop it now my shaker motor won't work anyone know or this happen to

#1350 1 year ago
Quoted from Djsandoz:

Just got my premium and connected the shaker motor to it and first shot that used the shaker motor it started shaking and did not stop turned off the game to stop it now my shaker motor won't work anyone know or this happen to

Which shaker did you use?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 63.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,095.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4028 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 81.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside