By exflexer

1 year ago

Stats

• 3,660 posts
  • 442 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Spelunk71
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 578 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171205_075840 (resized).jpg
IMG_2744 (resized).jpg
slimer optos (resized).png
gb-slimer opto-wheel (resized).png
slimer mech2 (resized).jpg
76955886-C51B-4551-A21A-392CB94D31E1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20171110_205619 (resized).jpg
slimertestfailed (resized).jpg
19249931_10159661305845061_1793762682_o (resized).jpg
slimer mech2 (resized).jpg
IMG_3165 (resized).jpg
IMG_3160 (resized).jpg
IMG_3162 (resized).jpg
IMG_4264 (resized).JPG
IMG_4263 (resized).JPG
IMG_3956 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3660 posts in topic. You are on page 25 of 74.
#1201 1 year ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Mylar you typically have to freeze off then goo gone off the sticky residue. I like this cling vinyl idea. Looking to source some now

If you wax first then apply mylar it will come right up when the time comes without any issue.

#1202 1 year ago

Did anyone (not) notice that GB has better sound compared to previous SPIKE games? No pops, crackles, volume ramping etc?

Rob

#1203 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Did anyone (not) notice that GB has better sound compared to previous SPIKE games? No pops, crackles, volume ramping etc?
Rob

Never seen that on a 90s game except for Creature, lol.

#1204 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

No such issues on GoT for me...

#1205 1 year ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this: my Slimer (on a GBLE) is acting weird. I turn on the game and start to play. Slimer comes down, but he just stops in front of the path that goes into the pops. Then, he slowly goes back up to the city, moving super slow as the game goes on. At the end of the game, he is still making his way slowly back to his original resting position. Start a new game and he still just slowly keeps moving. It takes him about five minutes to move. Now, turn the game off and on, he moves back into position and the whole thing starts over again. When I run him in test everything seems fine.
Any ideas on what's going on here?

Had a similar thing going on with mine. Turned out to be the drive belt under the pf that drives the rotation/movement of Slimer was out of alignment and slightly twisted. Had to force it back in into place and it worked fine again.

#1206 1 year ago

Mine did so, and the cable plug came loose from the board on the slimer mech.... re-seated it.

#1207 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Had a similar thing going on with mine. Turned out to be the drive belt under the pf that drives the rotation/movement of Slimer was out of alignment and slightly twisted. Had to force it back in into place and it worked fine again.

Thanks! I'll check it out today.

#1208 1 year ago

Anybody notice the 2 coils they have mounted in the head? Looks like they are used to filter the sound.

#1209 1 year ago

Update to my GBLE Airball fix plastic.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/330#post-3292934

Added some green slime to plastic using white decal paper

Slime template is HERE:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9aPFmNkJCM7U0xIQzVHeE1Lems&usp=sharing

1) Print at full size, with printer setting to photo paper
2) Use exacto knife to trim the slime parts (wow! hard)
3) Trim back end (straight edge) using metal ruler
4) Clean up the "tips" of the slime (you wont be able to perfectly cut them round)
5) Test on plastic
6) Remove backing starting on left orbit edge and work toward middle of plastic

Slime_GBLE_fit (resized).jpg20160828_095459 (resized).jpg20160828_095837 (resized).jpg20160828_100802 (resized).jpg20160828_101314 (resized).jpg20160828_102411 (resized).jpg20160828_102333 (resized).jpg20160828_102247 (resized).jpg

#1211 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/330#post-3292934
Slime template is HERE:
4) Clean up the "tips" of the slime (you wont be able to perfectly cut them round)
5) Test on plastic

That looks good! I can print and contour cut these with my printer/cutter if it helps you moving forward and you want to offer this as a mod. It has to be super tedious doing those precision cuts by hand!!! Nice work.

#1212 1 year ago

I notized today that the pop bumpers do not hold every 2equal choices. They do e.g. for " big points", but not for "Storage facility" or others. Have you notized that als well? Is it a bug?

#1213 1 year ago

I think it's more like a slot machine....it teases you by showing the biggest winners, but are coded to payoff on the lower values.??

#1214 1 year ago

Got the GBLE for 2 weeks now and today I got a nice game going. love the multiball.

also got a ball "stuck" at the left ramp switch. when i hit it with another ball it just locked the new one and pushed the previous one under the playfield.

20160828_155206 (resized).jpg

#1215 1 year ago

Does it mean that only Minor awards follow the 2 equal hold rule and better awards not? Seems a bit Strange to me.

#1216 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Slime template is HERE:
5) Test on plastic

Hey this 0.93 Lexan, what's the thickness of that in mm?

I'm getting one cut in 2 mm thick. Is that okay or too thin/thick?

Cheers

#1217 1 year ago
Quoted from Zora:

I notized today that the pop bumpers do not hold every 2equal choices. They do e.g. for " big points", but not for "Storage facility" or others. Have you notized that als well? Is it a bug?

That could be bug. When 2 items are shown they are supposed to lock in place.

Rob

#1218 1 year ago

Without going through this whole thread. Can someone tell me how I can fix this issue. The ball doesn't even come close to making contact with the switch so it never scores. I have tried to bend the metal bracket with no luck. I'm afraid I am going to break something. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_1915 (resized).JPG

#1219 1 year ago

Have your distributor call Stern, they will send you a new switch.

#1220 1 year ago

I bend the arm on the switch not the bracket. Hold the bottom half of the switch arm in with your thumb and bend the arm in the middle not at the beginning where it comes out of the switch.

#1221 1 year ago

What is a new switch going to do? It's still not going register.

#1222 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Without going through this whole thread. Can someone tell me how I can fix this issue. The ball doesn't even come close to making contact with the switch so it never scores. I have tried to bend the metal bracket with no luck. I'm afraid I am going to break something. Any help would be appreciated.

A needle nose pliers can work. You can bend up slightly the area of the switch that contacts the ball.

#1223 1 year ago

hold down at black arrow make very slight bend at Red arrow.

20160828_210004_share (resized).jpeg

#1224 1 year ago

Thanks. Did what you said, still would not register and the metal piece fell out!

IMG_1916 (resized).JPG

#1225 1 year ago

The metal piece can be placed back on the switch.

#1226 1 year ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Hey this 0.93 Lexan, what's the thickness of that in mm?
I'm getting one cut in 2 mm thick. Is that okay or too thin/thick?
Cheers

That should work, it's just a bit thinner (less than 1/64") than .093 Lexan

2MM is approx 5/64"
.093 is approx 6/64"

MMtoDec (resized).PNG

#1227 1 year ago

Been seen before I'm sure - but took the pic of the edge of my insert that's sinking quicker than the Titanic. Can't wait until I see the paint starting to come away!

Sorry pic won't load- too sad a photo anyway.

#1228 1 year ago

Worked this time

image (resized).jpeg

#1229 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Thanks. Did what you said, still would not register and the metal piece fell out!

Not a big deal the metal piece just clips back in. If you had you thumb pressed on it where it clips in when you bent it, it shouldn't have come out.
Turn the game on and start a game. Press the yellow button on the switch. Is it registering if you manually press it.

#1230 1 year ago

about the slime on custom plastics, what about real water-paint (not to much liquid, to have some consistency) dropped at top of it and have to fall down a little, and than get a more real efx ?

will try it asap...

#1231 1 year ago

Hold down like this to bend.
1472465150315704333817 (resized).jpg
You only want a slight bend.
1472465221309-1882505225 (resized).jpg
If it comes off it just hooks back in with the two hooks on the end.
14724653208911669293010 (resized).jpg14724654406491520141031 (resized).jpg

#1232 1 year ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Been seen before I'm sure - but took the pic of the edge of my insert that's sinking quicker than the Titanic. Can't wait until I see the paint starting to come away!
Sorry pic won't load- too sad a photo anyway.

Has that been seen before? That's beyond ghosting. That insert wasn't glued. Is that the fundamental issue with the inserts that a certain number didn't get glued?

#1233 1 year ago

Just wanting to share my issue that has kept me busy all weekend and is almost done.

My game, with the playfield in the full vertical position, all alone, decided to drop off the internal rails.
Not only did I have a cow! But a goat and a chicken too!!!
I couldnt move it after lifting and angling....having been here before with B/W before.

Friends came by, and what we discovered was the playfield guides were loose enough to literally unscrew by hand, and remove first. Equally the matching rail posts on the playfield, on both sides, were never tightened...about 4 turns to tighten.
Adding to this, the playfield actually has enough room on the side, to never hit mirror blades with plenty to spare.
It happened a second time, while we were working on the damage to many parts below the playfield.

In this regard, Ill have a quick thread up to ask for some help identifying part(s) that fell into the playfield we dont know where they go.

So, just me sharing, but just in case, the next time you have the playfield up, check your rails on the cabinet and its pin sliders on the playfield for wiggle room, and take note at the distance you have....This is rare, I dont expect anyone else to have this issue, but prefer to share so others might take a minute to be sure.

#1234 1 year ago

OK so over 200 games logged now and I have a ton more inserts ghosting and the chipping in my shooter lane and drain hole are getting worse. Still never heard back from my distributor. Messaged them about a week ago.

20160829_121549 (resized).jpg

20160829_121623 (resized).jpg

20160829_121601 (resized).jpg

20160829_121646 (resized).jpg

20160829_121655_001 (resized).jpg

20160829_121715 (resized).jpg

20160829_121819 (resized).jpg

#1235 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Just wanting to share my issue that has kept me busy all weekend and is almost done.
My game, with the playfield in the full vertical position, all alone, decided to drop off the internal rails.
Not only did I have a cow! But a goat and a chicken too!!!
I couldnt move it after lifting and angling....having been here before with B/W before.
Friends came by, and what we discovered was the playfield guides were loose enough to literally unscrew by hand, and remove first. Equally the matching rail posts on the playfield, on both sides, were never tightened...about 4 turns to tighten.
Adding to this, the playfield actually has enough room on the side, to never hit mirror blades with plenty to spare.
It happened a second time, while we were working on the damage to many parts below the playfield.
In this regard, Ill have a quick thread up to ask for some help identifying part(s) that fell into the playfield we dont know where they go.
So, just me sharing, but just in case, the next time you have the playfield up, check your rails on the cabinet and its pin sliders on the playfield for wiggle room, and take note at the distance you have....This is rare, I dont expect anyone else to have this issue, but prefer to share so others might take a minute to be sure.

Wholy Cow!!!!!

#1236 1 year ago
Quoted from atariaction:

OK so over 200 games logged now and I have a ton more inserts ghosting and the chipping in my shooter lane and drain hole are getting worse. Still never heard back from my distributor. Messaged them about a week ago.

Emails are easy to ignore, I would be calling them until you get some action or at least acknowledgement that it has been communicated to Stern.

#1237 1 year ago

My GB pro is still holding up well. No chipping or ghosting. I have maybe 150 plays.

Rob

#1238 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

My GB pro is still holding up well. No chipping or ghosting. I have maybe 150 plays.
Rob

my 2nd one is (well, seems for now...) OK too, but this is really painfull to see all that misery for lots of others guys :/

#1239 1 year ago

So my Magana slings don't seem to be very responsive is anyone else having that issue is there an adjustment that needs to be made? Of course I am not expecting them to be like traditional slings but I am getting a lot of little dribbles that drain without the sling firing at all. Any help is appreciated..

#1240 1 year ago
Quoted from venom112:

So my Magana slings don't seem to be very responsive is anyone else having that issue is there an adjustment that needs to be made? Of course I am not expecting them to be like traditional slings but I am getting a lot of little dribbles that drain without the sling firing at all. Any help is appreciated..

Check the sling shot switch to start with,

#1241 1 year ago

I spotted a micro chip behind the left drop target.

Has anyone done anything to protect this area? Cliffy does not include drop target protector in his GB set. I see he has a protector for the Star Trek drop that should work. Would this metal protector be a good thing in the middle of the playfield. Also though about mylar wrapped over the back edge behind the target. Any suggestions??

#1242 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Emails are easy to ignore, I would be calling them until you get some action or at least acknowledgement that it has been communicated to Stern.

Good call

#1243 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Hold down like this to bend.

You only want a slight bend.

If it comes off it just hooks back in with the two hooks on the end.

That switch is a PITA...after you think you have it adjusted just right, you hit a dribbler shot up that ramp and the ball doesn't move with enough force to move past the switch...so you lessen the angle a tad, now fast shots don't register. I hate that switch design and will likely change it to an older williams style long straight style switch

#1244 1 year ago

I am annoyed at ( and have already moaned about ) the type of switches stern fitted to the ramp on the pro. Initially I had trouble with them not registering a well hit left ramp shot, spent a while adjusting them but its almost impossible to get them perfectly adjusted because if they're high enough to register a fast left ramp ball they are probably high enough to cause a stuck ball from the right ramp. During spook central where the shots are left orbit, left ramp, right orbit, right ramp I hit right ramp first ( which is hard enough! ) but it gave me the left ramp shot which means it must have missed the first switch ( maybe the 2nd too ) so the machine thought the ball came from the left ramp. Really annoying because I know if I raise that first switch up balls will get caught on it. Why on earth did they fit this type of switch? Surely optos would have done the job much better ( I guess they would have cost $0.50 more each ).

#1245 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

...I guess they would have cost $0.50 more each

should be like the "bubble leveler" at the shooterlane, seems that not evbd have it installed...

#1246 1 year ago

Can an opto be added, if you drill out another hole on the side of the ramp?

#1247 1 year ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Can an opto be added, if you drill out another hole on the side of the ramp?

I think not because of the voltage and way understands that logic

#1248 1 year ago

Can anyone spot what this guy is doing wrong. Ok I will give a hint

gb (resized).jpg

gb2 (resized).jpg

#1249 1 year ago

Adding special "ghosting" glue?

#1250 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Can anyone spot what this guy is doing wrong. Ok I will give a hint

No height gauge?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 69.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 63.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.95
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Barrington, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3660 posts in topic. You are on page 25 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside