main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 91.
#1151 7 years ago

I won't be giving Stern a penny of my money for games like this. I was really looking at buying NIB on GB. Shape up in the QC department. Make a quality product. My 20 year old games have no fear of being replaced with this stuff

#1152 7 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

heres what the playfield looks like when you try to move the outlane posts!

To me that indicates that the clear was not cured before the post was tightened down and the washer settled into the still soft clear. When the clear hardened the washer was locked into the clear.

I didn't have that problem with my early Pro, When I moved my posts I couldn't even tell a washer had been around that hole. So my clear was hard when they assembled the pf.

#1153 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That's a relief. I still find the dual pieces of Mylar odd...why not just one piece cut right?

two different areas coming close. the mylar above is for the saucer kickout.. the other may be for the slings

#1154 7 years ago

I installed the wire fix last night per the instructions. I noticed it puts a lot of pressure on the playfield near the metal post. Should we be concerned that will damage the clear or is it fine because it won't really move?

#1155 7 years ago

I played a GB pro today which has been on route for about 3 months now. No ghosting or chipping on the playfield at all.

Rob

#1156 7 years ago

I put a piece of mylar down in the right orbit where the ball lands from launching into play.

Rob

#1157 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I put a piece of mylar down in the right orbit where the ball lands from launching into play.
Rob

Good idea.

#1158 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I played a GB pro today which has been on route for about 3 months now. No ghosting or chipping on the playfield at all.
Rob

My pro version has been at the arcade in NYNY for about 4 months with nearly 7,000 plays so far and no ghosting of any kind as of this afternoon. Some chips on the playfield edge at the trough hole are as expected for a high usage machine, so no complaint there. Overall it's been solid for me.... but then I spent nearly 2 weeks and over 200 plays just prepping it for commercial play, so I'll take some of the credit.

#1159 7 years ago

When you say prepping for commercial play what prep did you do to make it last so long with minimal wear??

Quoted from ExtremePinball:

My pro version has been at the arcade in NYNY for about 4 months with nearly 7,000 plays so far and no ghosting of any kind as of this afternoon. Some chips on the playfield edge at the trough hole are as expected for a high usage machine, so no complaint there. Overall it's been solid for me.... but then I spent nearly 2 weeks and over 200 plays just prepping it for commercial play, so I'll take some of the credit.

#1160 7 years ago

Apologies if it's come up already (I haven't read all 24 pages!). Is anyone having an issue with the Ecto Googles just displaying a white screen (see pic below)? It worked at first, then sometimes and now it's constantly white. All cables *appear* to be fine.

IMG_9343 (resized).JPGIMG_9343 (resized).JPG

#1161 7 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

When you say prepping for commercial play what prep did you do to make it last so long with minimal wear??

To be clear, not all pins require that much time to prep. Ghostbusters just had so many issues that it took me a while to properly "dial it in" for the location in which it was being placed.... including my decision to add a center post at the drain (this was prior to all of the aftermarket fixes).

A lot of playing, adjusting switches, moving out-lane posts and re-securing all of the hardware on top of the playfield. Installing additional mylar to obvious high-wear points (slingshots, exits of scoops & shooter lane). Identifying and then fabricating fixes to obvious factory flaws/defects/failures, such as the constantly bending wire-form next to the captive ball, & getting Slimer to properly register shots on Ghostbusters. Changing many of the rubbers to polyurethane for endurance. Customizing and installing playfield mods & lighting mods. Then finally all of the hardware below the playfield is re-secured and glued into place using Amazing Goop. This is actually the most important part of the process due to the extremely high usage (upwards of 500 plays per week) and my insistence on installing shaker motors in my games. Then a final waxing and more playing before it's ready for the street.

#1162 7 years ago

I had to adjust the switch on the left ramp, had to adjust Slimer, move the outline posts, changed the rubbers, and put a serious wax on it, even the crazy airballs are now under control.
And I still have to tweak somethings (auto fire sometimes hits stay puft - see other topics on this), add some color in the GI and need a shooter lane protector (as this was not included in the EU version, as is the bubble level).
But it plays close to perfect now. Just hope the issues with the playfield will get settled by Stern, it is an awesome machine that deserves it.

#1163 7 years ago
Quoted from Silver:

Apologies if it's come up already (I haven't read all 24 pages!). Is anyone having an issue with the Ecto Googles just displaying a white screen (see pic below)? It worked at first, then sometimes and now it's constantly white. All cables *appear* to be fine.

yes mine is doing this and it also scrolls through all the pics from left to right. I have just sent my ecto goggels back to my distro so they can find the problem.

#1164 7 years ago

The plunger spring is too strong. A full plunge, just like the autolaunch can send the ball slamming into the orbit and the marshmallow man. The spring I can replace, but the SPIKE code really needs optional power settings for flippers and ball launch solenoids as well.

Flipper power became too strong starting with GoT and the newer 2 lug design (in my opinion).

If Stern won't code a weaker autolaunch, then I suppose a weaker coil is in order.

Rob

#1165 7 years ago

I just noticed that my right magna sling seems to be partially locked on. While troubleshooting the game with it turned on, I noticed the playfield was hot on that side. Anyone else have this issue, or is it just me? It doesn't seem to be enough to affect the direction of ball travel, but it's certainly hot!

#1166 7 years ago

I noticed a few are mentioning turning down the flipper strength within the menu to help eliminate air balls....i cant seem to find that setting......where about's in the menu is it??

Also looking to change the spring on my plunger to a weaker one, what spring do people recommend?

#1167 7 years ago

so I waited to install a shooter lane protector and now I'm seeing the result.. I have a bit of clear bubbling where the ball kicks into the shooter lane (around 1000 plays). I want to get the cliffy shooter lane stuff but want to know if i should just go ahead and install right on top of the bubble or should I prep it in some way? Does anyone have links to a full shooter lane kit that is compatible with Ghostbusters? I can only find these:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4130

Also I have somy Mylar I want to apply but should i apply it to the lane and trim it prior to the right side protector? Or should i let it go over the bubble under the right side protector? Effectively the right side protector would smoosh it down on top of the bubble...

Thanks!

#1168 7 years ago

Heres a fun one.

No issues on toobin insert. Left my glass off for 3 days working on it and the white lines on both edges are now there.

45 days in.

Humidity, with the glass off?

#1169 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Heres a fun one.
No issues on toobin insert. Left my glass off for 3 days working on it and the white lines on both edges are now there.
45 days in.

Who knows at this point

#1170 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Heres a fun one.
45 days in.

Glue curing and shrinking under the playfield and insert dropping maybe?

#1171 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Glue curing and shrinking under the playfield and insert dropping maybe?

This is the more likely scenario.... My guess is change in technique, and now these inserts are moving from underneath the clear. Same inserts, same wood, same glue, has to be different application.

#1172 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

This is the more likely scenario.... My guess is change in technique, and now these inserts are moving from underneath the clear. Same inserts, same wood, same glue, has to be different application.

This doesn't explain some of the cracking we have scene like on KPG could it be to hard of a clear not allowing for some flex?

#1173 7 years ago

What power are people changing the left scoop to get reliable returns?

Thanks

#1174 7 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

I really like the tweaks you made to it... The post rubbers on the outlanes seemed to give a good balance of fair but not too easy.

Unfortunately the saucer switch gave out while I was playing. I sent you a pm.

Great games... I'll probably sneak out at lunch again to play

#1175 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

This doesn't explain some of the cracking we have scene like on KPG could it be to hard of a clear not allowing for some flex?

Kpg's chip was from edge impacts in the outhole... Same as people getting separation in the shooter lane. The hard impact near an edge causes chipping where the clear cracks and separated from the substrate. Kpg's just expanded and went to a large chip flaking off

We really don't know what is new or not. Everything is speculation really.

#1176 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

What power are people changing the left scoop to get reliable returns?
Thanks

20 and it feeds the left flipper.

Rob

#1177 7 years ago

In addition to my post on my original issues I 'm under 100 plays and the chipping begins...

20160823_162319 (resized).jpg20160823_162319 (resized).jpg

20160823_162400 (resized).jpg20160823_162400 (resized).jpg

#1178 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Heres a fun one.
45 days in.

So weird. That Tobin insert seems to be universal. It's the only issue i have with mine.

Hasn't gotten any worse after the first dozen plays or so.

#1179 7 years ago

You guys with the shooter lane chipping, put some self adhesive felt down. Really simple and cheap.

After all of the issues why wouldn't you put something down? No brainer.

#1180 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You guys with the shooter lane chipping, put some self adhesive felt down. Really simple and cheap.
After all of the issues why wouldn't you put something down? No brainer.

Don't want to void any warranty incase the playfield swap program rolls out.

#1181 7 years ago

The outlane protectors from pinball life really help with the balls jumping into the drain...

#1182 7 years ago

My Tobin didn't start ghosting until about 30 days in. And that's with a very consistent temperature. Now I have 4 that have some level of ghosting but tobins and "add a ball" are the most noticeable.

#1183 7 years ago

Also, had I not put Mylar down immediately after noticing my playfield chip by Scoleri I am sure it would have grown.

#1184 7 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Don't want to void any warranty incase the playfield swap program rolls out.

??? You can pull it right up. It's easily removable just like "cling vinyl".

I hate adding mylar.

#1185 7 years ago

I just put down some cling vinyl in the shooting lane along with pbl life protection kit. On mine they mylared the whole pop area and even wear slimer hits the metal

#1186 7 years ago

No issues with mine! What are these for?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1187 7 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

To cover the inserts that ghost, and the long one for the shooter lane to cover chips!

Center the sticker in the middle of the playfield...covers all ghosted inserts!

Thanks for sharing the new "program"!

#1188 7 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Cheapo topper!

#1189 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

To cover the inserts that ghost, and the long one for the shooter lane to cover chips!
Center the sticker in the middle of the playfield...covers all ghosted inserts!
Thanks for sharing the new "program"!

So this is the program they came up with great probably charging for it to

#1190 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

So this is the program they came up with great probably charging for it to

Those are freebies in the goody bag have nothing to do with the playfield he was making a joke... also known as sarcasm.

#1191 7 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

For doing this.

IMG_2753 (resized).JPGIMG_2753 (resized).JPG

#1192 7 years ago

Where do you get cling vinyl?

#1193 7 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Where do you get cling vinyl?

Where you get everything: Amazon.

Or probably a Hobby Lobby, Michael's, etc if you are determined to burn a little gas

Stuff works well... thick, not that noticeable and easily lifted out if you eventually go with a Cliffy's or use mylar down the road.

#1194 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Where you get everything: Amazon.
Or probably a Hobby Lobby, Michael's, etc if you are determined to burn a little gas
Stuff works well... thick, not that noticeable and easily lifted out if you eventually go with a Cliffy's or use mylar down the road.

Thanks. I put the metal cliffy under where the ball shoots out and I put the metal part on the right side of the lane (against the outside wall) but I'm wondering if I need something in the lane itself. Would this stuff work for that application?

#1195 7 years ago

Thanks. I put the metal cliffy under where the ball shoots out and I put the metal part on the right side of the lane (against the outside wall) but I'm wondering if I need something in the lane itself. Would this stuff work for that application?

Sounds like you are already good to go. The Cliffy protects the areas where the ball violently hits when ejected... isn't there also a 3rd piece that goes under the rail along the right side that fits up against the right side of the center lane too? Not the piece that stands up protecting the side rail. If you have all that in there I wouldn't worry about it.

With all those different metal edges of the Cliffy being then the cling vinyl will probably sit in there in a heap as it won't have much smooth surface to adhere to.

If you can sneak it into another Amazon order the stuff is cheap and good to have around in any case.

#1196 7 years ago

You want this piece from cliffy. This is before i repaired the shooter lane and installed the left cliffy.

20160706_115449 (resized).jpg20160706_115449 (resized).jpg

#1197 7 years ago

Cling vinyl works good in shooter lane too. Might have to replace every so often.

I really like the thin self adhesive felt from Hobby lobby. Works great. $1.50

Also have cut cling vinyl to cover inserts for now. Haven't had any ghosting whatsoever since tiny bit on Tobin initially.

#1198 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

??? You can pull it right up. It's easily removable just like "cling vinyl".
I hate adding mylar.

Mylar you typically have to freeze off then goo gone off the sticky residue. I like this cling vinyl idea. Looking to source some now

#1199 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

You want this piece from cliffy. This is before i repaired the shooter lane and installed the left cliffy.

Thanks. I don't have that bottom part - just the bigger piece on the right. Guess I have more stuff to buy! :-p

#1200 7 years ago

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this: my Slimer (on a GBLE) is acting weird. I turn on the game and start to play. Slimer comes down, but he just stops in front of the path that goes into the pops. Then, he slowly goes back up to the city, moving super slow as the game goes on. At the end of the game, he is still making his way slowly back to his original resting position. Start a new game and he still just slowly keeps moving. It takes him about five minutes to move. Now, turn the game off and on, he moves back into position and the whole thing starts over again. When I run him in test everything seems fine.

Any ideas on what's going on here?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

15,699 (OBO)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/24?hl=silver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.