By exflexer

1 year ago

Stats

• 3,930 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 135 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 613 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

large (resized).jpg
slimer opto (resized).JPG
bat_step2 (resized).jpg
bat_step1 (resized).jpg
pic6 (resized).jpg
IMG_3532 (resized).JPG
IMG_3533 (resized).jpg
IMG_3530 (resized).JPG
IMG_1210 (resized).JPG
IMG_1211 (resized).JPG
IMG_3521 (resized).jpg
IMG_3538 (resized).JPG
IMG_3535 (resized).jpg
2D248BF6-69D8-4060-8CDB-4C13B1B9EC28 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2966 (resized).JPG
IMG_2965 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3930 posts in topic. You are on page 23 of 79.
#1101 1 year ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

My ghosting started on Tobins, I also got some pretty serious chips. You can see pics here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-ghostbuster-all-things-lepremium-club/page/4#post-3300352

You're about to challenge KPG for "worst big chips". Sorry to see it - send those pics to Stern pronto.

#1102 1 year ago

Dont know what this is.......but checked all connections beneath and its all good.. For some reason i'm getting dull flickering lights from the one section from time to time....super jackpot red arrow hardly lights up at all. Airballs are insane on this and the general build quality is pathetic ie: insert ghosting, ball plunging into everything upon entry....really questioning whether to keep my GB at all.

20160817_165835_(resized).jpg

#1103 1 year ago

Also had a couple of other weird issues last night:

- game completely reset on a tilt
- Tobin awarded esp, but it didn't light at the right scoop. I didn't collect, but it lit on start of next ball.

Anyone else had these?

#1104 1 year ago

The air balls and crazy plunging can be fixed in two shakes,but the other stuff sorry

#1105 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballcrazed:

Dont know what this is.......but checked all connections beneath and its all good.. For some reason i'm getting dull flickering lights from the one section from time to time....super jackpot red arrow hardly lights up at all. Airballs are insane on this and the general build quality is pathetic ie: insert ghosting, ball plunging into everything upon entry....really questioning whether to keep my GB at all.

I had crazy flickering in this area too. Turned out to be a loose connection to the ecto goggles. That doesn't help you specifically but I would triple check your connections.

#1106 1 year ago

Just got me GBLE last night. 396/500. August 2/2016 date on back.

Before turning on we checked all connectors and most of the nuts and screws on the topside. There were several connectors that needed to be pushed in fully and several nuts/screws that needed turns (not bad overall).

I did notice someone at the stern factory busted out the sharpie to cover up some damage to the head trim.

We played about 30 games last night.

Slimer: I do have "Slimer drag" and the beginnings of wear on the metal. He registers hits 97% of the time so I'm happy with that. Going to try the Mitch washer fix.

Ghosting: I see 2 inserts ghosting so far.

Drop targets: I needed to lower both of them as they were above the playfield a bit. No big deal. They drop just fine. No issues there.

Negative reinforcement insert: correct spelling

Guide rails: Not sure if mine are the original height or the new height but we had several balls hop over.

Full plunge feed: I do get some rejects but I think a green spring solves that from what I have read so no biggie there.

I did add mylar to the side rails to prevent the lockbar from damaging them.

Lollypop rails. I have the mismatched pair.

Odd issue: One time an airball got stuck on the left plastic. The ball save kicked in and the vibration freed it but shortly after the display read "resetting" or "shutting down" or something like that and the machine reset itself. At the time of the reset Slimer was to the far left which looked odd since I had never seen him that far left before. Not sure if that is relevant or not. After the reset, the high scores we had just put up were deleted. Anyone have this happen? and/or know what the heck happened?

Airballs: Check. Plenty of those.

Captive ball wireform: I think mine is fine. Can someone let me know if mine is the original gauge. I think I read newer GBLE's have a thicker gauge wireform.

Missing screw/washer: After about 5 games a screw and washer came flying from somewhere. 3 of us looked diligently for 5 min and could not find where they belong?

Subway ramp: So far so good.

Playfield damage: See the pic with the negative reinforcement on ESP ability insert. Not sure what is going on there?

Let me know what else to look for or if I missed anything. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

20160817_184613_(resized).jpg

20160817_203432_(1)_(resized).jpg

20160817_193714_(resized).jpg

20160817_204639_(resized).jpg

20160817_204827_(resized).jpg

20160818_161823_(resized).jpg

20160818_161900_(resized).jpg

20160818_161931_(resized).jpg

20160818_161944_(resized).jpg

20160818_162107_(resized).jpg

20160818_183548_(resized).jpg

20160818_183558_(resized).jpg

#1107 1 year ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Before turning on we checked all connectors and most of the nuts and screws on the topside. There were several connectors that needed to be pushed in fully and several nuts/screws that needed turns (not bad overall).
I did notice someone at the stern factory busted out the sharpie to cover up some damage to the head trim.
Slimer: I do have "Slimer drag" and the beginnings of wear on the metal. He registers hits 97% of the time so I'm happy with that. Going to try the Mitch washer fix.
Drop targets: I needed to lower both of them as they were above the playfield a bit. No big deal. They drop just fine. No issues there.
Guide rails: Not sure if mine are the original height or the new height but we had several balls hop over.
Full plunge feed: I do get some rejects but I think a green spring solves that from what I have read so no biggie there.
Odd issue: One time an airball got stuck on the left plastic. The ball save kicked in and the vibration freed it but shortly after the display read "resetting" or "shutting down" or something like that and the machine reset itself. At the time of the reset Slimer was to the far left which looked odd since I had never seen him that far left before. Not sure if that is relevant or not. After the reset, the high scores we had just put up were deleted. Anyone have this happen? and/or know what the heck happened?
Captive ball wireform: I think mine is fine. Can someone let me know if mine is the original gauge. I think I read newer GBLE's have a thicker gauge wireform.
Missing screw/washer: After about 5 games a screw and washer came flying from somewhere. 3 of us looked diligently for 5 min and could not find where they belong?
Playfield damage: See the pic with the negative reinforcement on ESP ability insert. Not sure what is going on there?
Let me know what else to look for or if I missed anything. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Wow what a disappointment for nib le ..... good luck

#1108 1 year ago

You do have the new captive ball improvement but negative reinforcement looks really bad not sure the issue maybe vid or someone else hear can shed light on it i would suggest you post there in the hey are you serious stern thread.

#1109 1 year ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Wow man. Terrible condition out of the box. Whatever is going on in that negative reinforcement pic is surprising- I can't believe this thing made it out of the door at Stern.

Definitely start the communication with your distributor about making this right.

#1110 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Wow man. Terrible condition out of the box. Whatever is going on in that negative reinforcement pic is surprising- I can't believe this thing made it out of the door at Stern.
Definitely start the communication with your distributor about making this right.

Maybe we need a "Fix My Playfield" Facebook campaign, nice avatar.

#1111 1 year ago
Quoted from atariaction:

I have to give Stern the benefit of the doubt and suspect even they would not say this is supposed to pass as a NIB LE, or even a NIB Pro.
Sorry you have deal with this.

#1112 1 year ago

Man I hate to keep being negative , trust me I'm hoping for the best, but apparently things have not got any better . How can they keep shipping this stuff.
Sorry to see those pics on a brand new machine.

#1113 1 year ago

Anyone know the cause of the damaged it looks like a sticker was pulled up reveling the wood or something.

#1114 1 year ago

Sorry to see this. Painful to see really. The fact that all GB LE's are not on a "DO NOT SHIP" list at Stern is baffling. How can they ship games out knowing this issue exists. Hard to believe this issue won't eventually plague every GB LE. Really dumbfounded by Stern continuing to ship out machines.

The mismatched side rails are probably the ultimate sign their Quality Control is laughable. Gary, how'd you miss that one?

#1115 1 year ago

just when you thought things couldnt get worse. what a sh#tstorm!!

#1116 1 year ago
Quoted from atariaction:

The splitting artwork above the negative reinforcement insert is the most disturbing.

#1117 1 year ago

I get how a playfield could look perfect when you install it and then develop issues en route to customer. But two different lollipop rails? How do you miss that?

#1118 1 year ago
Quoted from JVC10:

I get how a playfield could look perfect when you install it and then develop issues en route to customer. But two different lollipop rails? How do you miss that?

This is just a total lack of QC this is getting nuts how many problems GB is having

#1119 1 year ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Are you sure that's just not just wax/etc on the edge of the mylar?

The same colored grit can be seen in the insert area too, not just the wood. Just looks like dirt on the edge of the mylar.

#1120 1 year ago
Quoted from Flato:

This is just a total lack of QC this is getting nuts how many problems GB is having

Let us know how yours turns out when you unbox it , Tomorrow ?

#1121 1 year ago

Thought I'd share how I (finally) fixed my Slimer dragging his butt all over the place.

Below is a link to my first attempt - which is the same fix as the "add a set of washers" fix but I just raised it and tightened the set screw because you don't really have to have the washers. ... his butt still hit in 2 places.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=mt45#post-3272845

My newest fix involves leaving the "washer raise it up" fix in place because you DO gain height.

Then I saw another Pinside say that he pulled up on the wire on top of the Slimer switch mech/arm and zip tied it. He is correct in that there seems to be about 1/4" or more of "play" so that you can grab that top wire above Slimer and if you gently pull it up, it raises Slimer that amount above the playfield. Now ... to get the wire to stay there.

I could not get the zip tie to stay tight, so I cut a 7/16 post rubber and slipped it around the wire on the top of the mech/switch/arm
Worked like a charm.

I think the Slimer registers side hits a little easier now, but other than that he does NOT rub/drag at all!

First video is with ONLY the "washer raise it up" fix in place - again he still drags
Second video is with the 7/16th rubber in place (see pic for close up of it installed)

Cheap and fast fix!

Dragging Butt

» YouTube video

FIXED!!!!

» YouTube video

20160818_202429_(resized).jpg

20160818_202508_(resized).jpg

#1122 1 year ago

Wow. Looks like a shitty piece of Mylar put down.

Inserts ghosting already.

Same build date as mine.

Hard to believe what is going on here.

It's like PF Russian roulette

#1123 1 year ago

It's unbelievable with all this negative attention that Stern can't get its S together. At this point Gary or George should be at the end of the line ensuring every game is damn near perfect. I really don't know how Gary can continue to ship this with his name on the box.

It's also a shame that GB is a great game that is a dream theme for a lot of people and a game that should have propelled Stern but is instead turning into a total nightmare.

#1124 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Thought I'd share how I (finally) fixed my Slimer dragging his butt all over the place.
Below is a link to my first attempt - which is the same fix as the "add a set of washers" fix but I just raised it and tightened the set screw because you don't really have to have the washers. ... his butt still hit in 2 places.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=mt45#post-3272845
My newest fix involves leaving the "washer raise it up" fix in place because you DO gain height.
Then I saw another Pinside say that he pulled up on the wire on top of the Slimer switch mech/arm and zip tied it. He is correct in that there seems to be about 1/4" or more of "play" so that you can grab that top wire above Slimer and if you gently pull it up, it raises Slimer that amount above the playfield. Now ... to get the wire to stay there.
I could not get the zip tie to stay tight, so I cut a 7/16 post rubber and slipped it around the wire on the top of the mech/switch/arm
Worked like a charm.
I think the Slimer registers side hits a little easier now, but other than that he does NOT rub/drag at all!
First video is with ONLY the "washer raise it up" fix in place - again he still drags
Second video is with the 7/16th rubber in place (see pic for close up of it installed)
Cheap and fast fix!
Dragging Butt
» YouTube video
FIXED!!!!
» YouTube video

Glad you got this to work!

#1125 1 year ago

why mess with raising slimer up more then the 2 washers just remove him and trim the bottom wire on a bench grinder.

d94ded9fb9badc9148e44b7fe70a6aa869847329_(resized).jpg

20160803_183204_(resized).jpg

#1126 1 year ago

heres what the playfield looks like when you try to move the outlane posts!

image2_(resized).JPG

#1127 1 year ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Oh boy.

Is Stern clearing these with a populated playfield?!?

#1128 1 year ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Same thing happened to me day one of ownership

#1129 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitch:

why mess with raising slimer up more then the 2 washers just remove him and trim the bottom wire on a bench grinder.

Not sure that would have helped mine. The wire never hits at all, it's so low that Slimers side hits first. Did you mean to remove that wire compression fitting on the bottom altogether, then cut the wire shorter and install the compression nut higher? I considered that but wondered if the compression piece would be destroyed when removing it ...

#1130 1 year ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Pathetic. This is such a huge problem that I can't even fathom how long it will take to make this right with all of us.

#1131 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Let us know how yours turns out when you unbox it , Tomorrow ?

Its being shipped to me tomorrow will probably get it Monday but whenever i receive it will document the entire process good or bad..........

#1132 1 year ago

Any one who has a issue should file a consumer complaint.
Let's start a petition list which nrs of LE have issues.

I don't have mine yet but I don't have much hope in getting a perfect product for $$$$

#1133 1 year ago

Yeah if Stern were a football team they might be classified as being in the "all-rookie rebuilding phase". Maybe they actually DID lose an entire division of people that knew what they were doing but this is getting painfully embarrassing.

You open the box of their most expensive top-of-the-line product and you get mismatched rails, sharpied up damaged cab, ghosting inserts and chipping clearcoat, ugly "metal ruler" fix for the poorly designed wire ball guide, ugly wire "fix" on the top of Slimer who STILL stumbles all over the PF. This along with JT's slapdash design work that includes massive airballs and inlanes that can't keep the ball in play.

What's most disturbing is the customer can fix Slimer's butt from scratching up the game in an evening but when the company was asked about it earlier they say it's "normal game behavior"...as if think it shouldn't or can't be fixed. Have they either gotten this incompetent, or uncaring or have simply forgotten that in the pinball hobby... details matter?

Look at the Hobbit, Big Leb and RZ... these can have issues too but the companies at least SEEM to care. Maybe this is just good PR work but if so Stern is losing the PR war. It's starting to look like they could care less what you pull out of the box... seems like there's no pride left at all in what they deliver.

Makes me sad... but c'mon Stern - Git back yer mojo! Now!

#1134 1 year ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Your captive ball wireform already has the Stern "fix" installed. Looks like a metal ruler shoved in there that also has the dubious distinction of blocking the light and making the area there less attractive.

I guess an actual thicker wireform was out of the question

#1135 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Did you mean to remove that wire compression fitting on the bottom altogether, then cut the wire shorter and install the compression nut higher?

No never remove the compression end. Sorry thought your wire was dragging. Mine doesnt drag anymore but still hit the building above the pops

#1136 1 year ago
Quoted from forensicd:

What's that brown cardboard looking pattern to the left of the post?
Edit: Nevermind, star post. My Ghostbusters playfield conditioned mind thought it was exposed planking or something.

#1137 1 year ago

For those of you who don't want to add plastics to your playfield I dealt with the airballs differently, initially by bending the 3 guilty standups targets forward. This fixed most airballs for a while but as time goes on they tend to straighten so today I replaced the foam on these targets with thicker foam cut into a wedge shape with a stanley knife. My machine is now back to very few airballs. The foam is pretty much the same as that fitted but 10mm x 10mm cross section before cutting into a wedge. Cheap enough on ebay.

20160819_134515_(resized).jpg

20160819_123054_(resized).jpg

#1138 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

just when you thought things couldnt get worse. what a sh#tstorm!!

It's going to be a big shit storm. Lol.

image_(resized).png

#1139 1 year ago

That's what Gary's bathroom looks like now. Ed

#1140 1 year ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Is this new larger mylar peice standard now? I have a much narrower peice that ends before arrow.

#1141 1 year ago

Does anyone have the ability to make a new ramp flap that is shorter for the left ramp to prevent the airballs? Look at the pro-type's in the videos, the flaps were behind the targets, so no airballs from targets. Question is did the shorter flap cause other issues that we are not seeing?

#1142 1 year ago

Has any made plastics to stop airballs yet?

#1143 1 year ago
Quoted from marspinball:

somebody working on these. they want to check to see if stern gonna make a fix kit before they invest more money into this mod.

^^^oldpinguy

#1144 1 year ago

just DIY, lots of examples already in previous post

#1145 1 year ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Working on em......

#1146 1 year ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Does anyone have the ability to make a new ramp flap that is shorter for the left ramp to prevent the airballs? Look at the pro-type's in the videos, the flaps were behind the targets, so no airballs from targets. Question is did the shorter flap cause other issues that we are not seeing?

My pro still gets the occasional airball from the target at the ramp entrance.

Rob

#1147 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Working on em......

Will you be offering clear ones as well as protectors with graphics?

#1148 1 year ago

No idea yet.

I have our friend in Europes Template, a thinner, longer one that anchors on the left, and a hybrid longer one.
Depending on this, might factor into graphics.

Ill know something hopefully in a week. I prefer not to abandon it, but politely request no PMs at this time.

#1149 1 year ago

Thanks everyone for your concern and support! I appreciate it. I'm starting communication with distro today.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Are you sure that's just not just wax/etc on the edge of the mylar?
The same colored grit can be seen in the insert area too, not just the wood. Just looks like dirt on the edge of the mylar.

Well good and bad news. This area was not damage but wax as you suspected so that is a big relief. But as I looked closer I see ghosting on the insert above (ghosting insert number 3 now).

Quoted from Manic:

Your captive ball wireform already has the Stern "fix" installed. Looks like a metal ruler shoved in there that also has the dubious distinction of blocking the light and making the area there less attractive.
I guess an actual thicker wireform was out of the question

I'll have to take a closer look at this. I did not notice the metal ruler solution.

Quoted from imharrow:

Is this new larger mylar piece standard now? I have a much narrower piece that ends before arrow.

I would assume so.

I may try the compression foam solution above for airballs. Good idea!

20160818_212531_(resized).jpg

#1150 1 year ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Thanks everyone for your concern and support! I appreciate it. I'm starting communication with distro today.

Well good and bad news. This area was not damage but wax as you suspected so that is a big relief. But as I looked closer I see ghosting on the insert above (ghosting insert number 3 now).

I'll have to take a closer look at this. I did not notice the metal ruler solution.

I would assume so.
I may try the compression foam solution above for airballs. Good idea!

That's a relief. I still find the dual pieces of Mylar odd...why not just one piece cut right?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Milan, OH
$ 49.95
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
5,600 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Clearwater, FL
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 93.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3930 posts in topic. You are on page 23 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside