Topic Stats

• 4,011 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 617 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4335 (resized).JPG
Ecto-1.jpg
IMG_0577 (resized).jpg
46C1DA2C-FCEB-4300-8C1D-3112B194C5C7 (resized).jpeg
large (resized).jpg
slimer opto (resized).JPG
bat_step2 (resized).jpg
bat_step1 (resized).jpg
pic6 (resized).jpg
IMG_3532 (resized).JPG
IMG_3533 (resized).jpg
IMG_3530 (resized).JPG
IMG_1210 (resized).JPG
IMG_1211 (resized).JPG
IMG_3521 (resized).jpg
IMG_3538 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 4014 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 81.
#1051 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

After 24 hours of playing, slimer has scratched the black finish above the captive ball. I saw there was Mylar there but his metal bolt ass was scraping to the right of it. I stuck another piece of Mylar there to stop or slow it down but it looks like shit. WTF?

Look into some threads as others have raised him and shaved his ass.

Strange they couldn't manage this monumental issue at the factory though...

#1052 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Every one I've seen, including mine, is like this. Even the one in Flippers in NC (they have every Stern LE over the years).
Headscratcher.

I have a matching pair of rails. So stupid that they did this.. looks like they were short on parts and used some rails from the parts bin hoping people wouldn't notice or care.

#1053 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

After 24 hours of playing, slimer has scratched the black finish above the captive ball

Please post a photo of this.

#1054 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

After 24 hours of playing, slimer has scratched the black finish above the captive ball. I saw there was Mylar there but his metal bolt ass was scraping to the right of it. I stuck another piece of Mylar there to stop or slow it down but it looks like shit. WTF?

Quoted from Manic:

This is something that should have been fixed in production as it was an obvious issue even with the first LE built that was shown and played livestream. It looks like crap when it drags across those playfield parts.

Rob

#1055 1 year ago

I just can't seem to get my Slimer raised up enough to not *seriously* collide with the black metal piece. Can someone post pictures of their slimer mech and what it's supposed to look like? I wonder if this has been made substantially worse by the new captive ball fix that raises the whole piece up a bit.

Also, is the new mechanism really designed to only take forward hits now (normally closed switch ring, forward hit opens the circuit)?

#1056 1 year ago
Quoted from Manic:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/330#post-3294280

I posted the damage and repair here

#1057 1 year ago

I raised my slimer mech by loosening the grub screw but it was still dragging after a few games. I found that the newer style slimer design with the spade connector has some vertical play. Gently pull it up as far as you can and zip tie it around the nearby locknut. Since I did this I have played dozens of full games and slimer never drags.

#1058 1 year ago

Maybe the mismatched rail version will be the rarest and most expensive? Just kidding. What a bonehead mistake.

#1059 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

I raised my slimer mech by loosening the grub screw but it was still dragging after a few games. I found that the newer style slimer design with the spade connector has some vertical play. Gently pull it up as far as you can and zip tie it around the nearby locknut. Since I did this I have played dozens of full games and slimer never drags.

Or just add 2 shooter rod washers like I did here....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/330#post-3294280

#1060 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

Maybe Stern can find the time to fix this one on future runs while on break from sleuthing the disintegrating playfields. Amazing to me that something like this wouldn't be caught and corrected during QC/testing.

#1061 1 year ago

Anywhere to buy a plastic set to prevent airballs on the LE? I am not a DIY guy and these airballs are really scary. Thinking I shouldn't play any longer until fixed somehow.

#1062 1 year ago

Even with the arm raised I was still getting drags. It didn't stop until I pulled up on the cable above the slimer switch. I think both tweaks are needed to stop the dragging 100%.

#1063 1 year ago

I just tested my slimer tonight (I have the ball guide fix installed) and he was clearing fine.

Maybe it's possible that Stern didn't realize Slimer didn't have enough clearance on the first few fixed games they made.

#1064 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Maybe Stern can find the time to fix this one on future runs while on break from sleuthing the disintegrating playfields. Amazing to me that something like this wouldn't be caught and corrected during QC/testing.

Well I posted on their FB page after the very first LE video and asked about slimer dragging his butt all over the plastics, etc...
They didn't get it and said "Slimer is made of a soft plastic and will not be affected. This is normal behavior."

Since they didn't get it I followed up with "but what about the plastics, brackets, etc underneath him?"

This question was ignored so I gave up.

#1065 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I just tested my slimer tonight (I have the ball guide fix installed) and he was clearing fine.
Maybe it's possible that Stern didn't realize Slimer didn't have enough clearance on the first few fixed games they made.

What did you do to fix? Washers installed and wire pulled out of his ass?

#1066 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

On mine i pulled the Wires in his ass down and
ground the end smooth on a bench grinder the glued the cable end back in place inside slimer.

#1067 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Nothing. Worked 100% perfect out of the box.

#1068 1 year ago

My Slimer drags his ass all over NYC too. Looks like amateur hour.

Cant believe this game passed any type of play-testing - between the airballs, the captive ball rail bending, the return lane rails being too low, Slimer dragging his ass and the original Slimer switch mechanism not registering hits, its like it was not play tested at all. Or they had a "to-do" list of problems and fixes, but were too rushed to implement them before production.

#1069 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

My Slimer drags his ass all over NYC too. Looks like amateur hour.
Cant believe this game passed any type of play-testing - between the airballs, the captive ball rail bending, the return lane rails being too low, Slimer dragging his ass and the original Slimer switch mechanism not registering hits, its like it was not play tested at all. Or they had a "to-do" list of problems and fixes, but were too rushed to implement them before production.

Are these the things that falls within the designer's remit?

#1070 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Every one I've seen, including mine, is like this. Even the one in Flippers in NC (they have every Stern LE over the years).
Headscratcher.

Maybe they had some NOS Shrek stock they were mixing in. It is obvious the old style rail doesn't match up with the art.

#1071 1 year ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Maybe they had some NOS Shrek stock they were mixing in. It is obvious the old style rail doesn't match up with the art.

My build date is 8/1 and my side rails match and are the correct one per the picture on Stern's site. I bet they got 1 case of incorrect left ones mixed into the batch somehow, I wonder how many are in a case? couple dozen probably?

#1072 1 year ago

Used the washer method to raise Slimer as detailed by Mitch1985 in this thread and he moves silky smooth now - doesnt touch one playfield part. Only difference is I used a plastic washer that I normally use to put in between the leg bolts and powder coated legs to prevent damage. The washer is perfect diameter and height so only needed to use one.

#1073 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Used the washer method to raise Slimer as detailed by Mitch1985 in this thread and he moves silky smooth now - doesnt touch one playfield part. Only difference is I used a plastic washer that I normally use to put in between the leg bolts and powder coated legs to prevent damage. The washer is perfect diameter and height so only needed to use one.

Where do you get the plastic washers for the leg bolts?

#1074 1 year ago

I have a GB pro. I do not have any issue with inserts,....thank god. Also no problem with Slimer or captive ball. I do have plenty of air balls that jump all over the effing place. The brother drops don't drop on direct impact. The inlane and outlines might as well be all outlane as many times it just jumps over the metal inlane rails directly to the the outlane. I had one air ball that hit the glass and jumped completely over everything to drain.

I have a Rob Zombie coming and maybe on the future machines people should put their money where the quality is???? At least Spooky put test time in on their playfields and are responsive.

All of this is IMHO!!

#1075 1 year ago

I have GBLE #122 with 30 games on it. I have some smudging of the letters on a few inserts but no apparent ghosting so far (build 7/29 and play field date 7/21). The game would have many more plays on it except for all the posts about ghosting. I put my game into quarantine to let the playfield cure more. I should not have to do this and I am not sure it will matter, but I am optimistic that letting it cure more will prevent the ghosting. After 8/21 my wife and I are having a ghostbusters break in party where we plan to play the crap out of it. This gives the game a full 30 days to cure, so we will see if it matters.

That said, I can't complain, yet, about the ghosting; but I can say I was disappointed by the airballs; this is by far the worst I have seen (ONLY have 7 games and played a few more ). This seems an easy fix and letting it go to production like this is nuts to me. Also, I don't notice any difference in setting the coils to soft. I think the airballs could be mitigated by having more control over the flipper power. Even with the dead drop foam I put on the targets at the edges of the left ramp, I still get airballs.

Stern, if you a monitoring the forum, this seems like an easy change in the next software update. I also expect you to make good on the playfield issues for those that have them, and especially if I experience any. Sincerely, an obsessive pinball enthusiasts and continued future customer - you hope.

#1076 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I just buy them from our local hardware chain "Bunnings" - I guess Masters is the equivalent in the US. Cheap.

Ive seen you can get black ones on ebay also.

Ill have a look tonight at the actual size.

s-l64_(resized).jpg

#1078 1 year ago

Thought I'd add to and update my ghosting documentation from the Real Ghostbusters thread here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=mt45#post-3272765

Back then I had just one ghosted insert ...

Sad to say today, just a short while later, I'm up to SEVEN total ghosted inserts. I sent an email to Stern more than a week ago.
No response. Not a peep. Dissapointing ...

20160816_214700_(resized).jpg20160816_215103_(resized).jpg20160816_214835_(resized).jpg20160816_214921_(resized).jpg20160816_214746_(resized).jpg

#1079 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Thought I'd add to and update my ghosting documentation from the Real Ghostbusters thread here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread?tu=mt45#post-3272765
Sad to say today, just a short while later, I'm up to SEVEN total ghosted inserts. I sent an email to Stern more than a week ago.

check with your fingertip and see if inserts are sinking. probably why its ghosting. mine are all sinking. no answer from stern but trust me they know this is happening.

#1080 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

check with your fingertip and see if inserts are sinking. probably why its ghosting. mine are all sinking. no answer from stern but trust me they know this is happening.

Tobins is sinking for sure. So is storage facility, you can see the ridge in the photo.
Sending another email now

#1081 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

Of course they know that's the most
Disappointing part about it.

#1082 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Hey man - after a lot of emails, calls, posting on here, etc - Gary Stern personally called me today. They are aware of the problem and planning a "Program" that distributors/dealers will utilize to make all of this right.

Here's a link to my earlier post in another thread that goes over my conversation w/ Gary:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/65#post-3298045

#1083 1 year ago

Sadly, youll need to repeat that every freakin 5 posts, as it wont get read......watch!

#1084 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Hey man - after a lot of emails, calls, posting on here, etc - Gary Stern personally called me today. They are aware of the problem and planning a "Program" that distributors/dealers will utilize to make all of this right.
Here's a link to my earlier post in another thread that goes over my conversation w/ Gary:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/65#post-3298045

I hope you are not kidding....that would be the first good news I read on this thread.

#1085 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sadly, youll need to repeat that every freakin 5 posts, as it wont get read......watch!

well hes the only one getting info from stern on this, I am on his team. hes just sharing the info he got. thanks to his perseverance we finally got a reply from the man himself!

#1086 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

WOW! Great job. Mods should make this a sticky post at the top of the Stern forum.

#1087 1 year ago

I too received a very nice phone call from Gary Monday evening.
I had sent a direct (but polite) inquisitive email about a week ago where I voiced my curiosity and concerns about the current playfield situation.

They are aware of everything and I was told a plan will be announced in the upcoming days. He was not able to go into details since I personally believe he wants his distributors to hear his plans first...then his customers which makes sense to me.

Based on my call, I could sense that he is taking this situation INCREDIBLY serious and has probably been pulling all nighters with his teams formulation the best way to fix the current problems and right the ship so they can quickly go back to cranking out new games.
-Ran

#1088 1 year ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

I had sent a direct (but polite) inquisitive email about a week ago where I voiced my curiosity and concerns about the current playfield situation.
They are aware of everything and I was told a plan will be announced in the upcoming days. He was not able to go into details since I personally believe he wants his distributors to hear his plans first...then his customers which makes sense to me.
Based on my call, I could sense that he is taking this situation INCREDIBLY serious and has probably been pulling all nighters with his teams formulation the best way to fix the current problems and right the ship so they can quickly go back to cranking out new games.
-Ran

Did you ask him what their next 5 games are?

#1089 1 year ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

-Ran

Awesome !!! Really happy to hear this.

Could you also post this conversation w/ Gary in the "Hey Stern are you serious?" Thread?

Thanks !

#1090 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have clear ones for sale and believe me they are TOUGH, I have them them on all my games. I include 4 of them with every Leg Light-Up kit I sell. If you buy my kit you will have to buy the longer 2-3/4 inch leg bolts though. In the pictures you'll see that I have the Refinery show quality chrome bolts which are the longer ones. The light from my mod does light up my clear washers a bit too which is cool. PM me if your interested.

IMGA0677[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0679[1]_(resized).JPG

#1092 1 year ago

Those are some mighty fine washers, Paul! Seriously!

#1093 1 year ago

Liking the game so far, but scratching my head on the design of the outlane. Hops over rail and drains with ease.

#1094 1 year ago

#1095 1 year ago

Mustangpaul's stuff is always top shelf!! And,also thank you,too,Ranhorton, for sharing your talk with Gary,

#1096 1 year ago
Quoted from jints56:

Liking the game so far, but scratching my head on the design of the outlane. Hops over rail and drains with ease.

I think some people have mounted plastics parallel to the playfield in that area to keep the ball from hopping over the rails.

Somebody should start selling those plastics as well as a plastic to eliminate airballs off the ramps, etc.

#1097 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I think some people have mounted plastics parallel to the playfield in that area to keep the ball from hopping over the rails.
Somebody should start selling those plastics as well as a plastic to eliminate airballs off the ramps, etc.

I bought the kit pinballlife is selling. Will see what happens.....

#1098 1 year ago

My ghosting started on Tobins, I also got some pretty serious chips. You can see pics here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-ghostbuster-all-things-lepremium-club/page/4#post-3300352

#1100 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Those are some mighty fine washers, Paul! Seriously!

Thanks Art, I had them made to my specs. and they are TOUGH.

Quoted from hawkmoon:

Mustangpaul's stuff is always top shelf!!

Thank you too hawk, I try real hard.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 93.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
7,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
There are 4014 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 81.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside