main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 91.
#1001 7 years ago

Thought I'd share a few fixes on two issues I had with my GBLE

Both issues were from the ball coming down the ramps, then dropping to the playfield and spinning up, bouncing once against the inside lane guide, the down the outlane.

Right ramp solution is to add one small square off soft target dead foam. The type that compresses a ton, then takes some time to re-expand again
Left ramp solution was to add 3 small pieces of gorilla tape to inside of wire ramp exit hole. Just enough to slow the ball down ...

Both worked to reduce these drains by 95%+

20160808_214334_(resized).jpg20160808_214334_(resized).jpg20160808_214323_(resized).jpg20160808_214323_(resized).jpg

20160808_214334_(resized).jpg20160808_214334_(resized).jpg

#1002 7 years ago

The clear coat on the add a ball insert is now starting to crack. I guess we'll play the hell out of this playfield and watch it get destroyed, might make a better case to get Stern to replace the playfield.

JT might have to sign 250+ playfields again at this rate. They weren't kidding when they said it was an LE/Limited Edition model. I really hope its only limited to the LE's. Later on, no one will even want to buy a GBLE because of this ghosting problem.. they'll just buy a premium and not deal with it.

I know this will significantly affect their next major release, who is going to want to be an early LE adopter after all of this?

2016-08-08_21.13.57_(resized).jpg2016-08-08_21.13.57_(resized).jpg

#1003 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The clear coat on the add a ball insert is now starting to crack. I guess we'll play the hell out of this playfield and watch it get destroyed, might make a better case to get Stern to replace the playfield.
JT might have to sign 250+ playfields again at this rate. They weren't kidding when they said it was an LE/Limited Edition model. I really hope its only limited to the LE's. Later on, no one will even want to buy a GBLE because of this ghosting problem.. they'll just buy a premium and not deal with it.
I know this will significantly affect their next major release, who is going to want to be an early LE adopter after all of this?

thats just ridiculous. i am afraid mine and many more are gonna end up like that.
well i had an alien le on order for a while and looking into older pins. just got a really nice tz. gonna add some classics like totan, adams family, tom. gonna shy away from new for a while. interested in jjp #3 to be announced. maybe jump back in for a stern starwars if problems are addressed.

#1004 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The clear coat on the add a ball insert is now starting to crack.

Well that's crap, mine is great with no issues at all. Hoping that you find a resolution with Stern.

#1005 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Man sorry it looks that bad this soon...Sucks! I do hope they address this problem with solutions that satisfy the customers when they figure out what is going on with these playfields and fix it. I think you have the right attitude to not freak out right now and play the heck out of it and have fun. Still though it would bug me until the game is made whole.

#1006 7 years ago

Also starting to have lots of little issues like switches going out of adjustment and not registering, and now Slimer is registering shots automatically at times - only after about 100 plays or so. The build quality is extremely disappointing for a brand new pinball machine.

After being extremely pleased with my JJP Hobbit machine for the same price as this machine- I've decided no more Stern NIB, only JJP from this point on. If I want a Stern, I'll buy on the second hand market where I can fully inspect the machine before purchasing.

#1007 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Also starting to have lots of little issues like switches going out of adjustment and not registering, and now Slimer is registering shots automatically at times - only after about 100 plays or so. The build quality is extremely disappointing for a brand new pinball machine.
After being extremely pleased with my JJP Hobbit machine for the same price as this machine- I've decided no more Stern NIB, only JJP from this point on. If I want a Stern, I'll buy on the second hand market where I can fully inspect the machine before purchasing.

Is your Slimer mech the original one? If nothing is coming out of the top of the plastic, it's the original one. If so, it will do that because the cable doesn't have enough space to curve. You can add washers under the plastic and that will give a little more space to curve as much as it should. That will help, but probably won't 100% fix it.

#1008 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Is your Slimer mech the original one? If nothing is coming out of the top of the plastic, it's the original one. If so, it will do that because the cable doesn't have enough space to curve. You can add washers under the plastic and that will give a little more space to curve as much as it should. That will help, but probably won't 100% fix it.

It's an LE so it has the "improved" one

#1009 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Fantastic! Enjoy! Take a brake from Stern and this post.

#1010 7 years ago

I have to agree, stern quality really has gone down the old crapper. Having to adjust flipper bats, 4 switches, drop target is already broken, the game shoots out 2 balls 1 of 8 times, metal ball guide is bent to crap and had to purchase an aftermarket piece to fix, had to add foam to ramp so the ball doesnt moonwalk out, cant move the posts because the playfield pulls apart. Best 8k I have ever spent!

#1011 7 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

I have to agree, stern quality really has gone down the old crapper. Having to adjust flipper bats, 4 switches, drop target is already broken, the game shoots out 2 balls 1 of 8 times, metal ball guide is bent to crap and had to purchase an aftermarket piece to fix, had to add foam to ramp so the ball doesnt moonwalk out, cant move the posts because the playfield pulls apart. Best 8k I have ever spent!

If it makes you feel better this game was designed to have the bats angle down more the normal so that may have been intended... everything else

#1012 7 years ago

I know, but one was not even close!

#1013 7 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

Fantastic! Enjoy! Take a brake from Stern and this post.

Right on bro, what should I do with this brake, now that I have taken it?

brakes_(resized).jpgbrakes_(resized).jpg

#1014 7 years ago
#1015 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Send it to Rotordave

#1016 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Stop, bro.

#1017 7 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I personally don't have an issue with the flipper gap but I think it was a bad choice for this theme.

I completely agree. A universally beloved theme should be more accessible during this pinball resurgence. The gap may be better served on a more niche theme, like GOT. (I know that the gap is JT's style and certainly not Steve's, but I am only talking theme).

#1018 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

This is at Logan arcade.

Probably the prototype the had at Rocky Mountain Showdown over a month ago.

#1019 7 years ago

My GBLE has also had the most issues of any NIB Stern I have ever purchased. Most issues just adjustments and pain in ass stuff. Trying to remember, should I just put another ball with the middle captive ball to stop the wire from bending or is there another fix? One day of playing and it's bending already.

#1020 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

My GBLE has also had the most issues of any NIB Stern I have ever purchased. Most issues just adjustments and pain in ass stuff. Trying to remember, should I just put another ball with the middle captive ball to stop the wire from bending or is there another fix? One day of playing and it's bending already.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4378

#1021 7 years ago

Thanks for this. Shipping to Canada sucks for a small package. Does PBL have anything to stop all the airballs yet? Wondering what else I can order from them to make a package of it anyways.

#1022 7 years ago

Looks like they've changed the design to prevent that issue. I bought one of those spacers and no longer need it. If anyone in the San Jose, CA area wants it for free, let me know. I'd rather not spend more to mail it than it cost.

#1023 7 years ago

Has anyone received the wire fix from Stern?

#1024 7 years ago

Great news - No mis matched lollipop side armor. Bad news - although not as effed up as KPG's play field, ours is pretty shitty. We love the theme, but the GBLE sits next to the Hobbit and the build quality comparison between the two is comical. Guests constantly comment that the Hobbit "must have cost twice as much " as GBLE.

IMG_3208_(resized).jpgIMG_3208_(resized).jpg

#1025 7 years ago

This line is across the top of my DMD all the time. Likely needs to be replaced? Anyone else have this line?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1026 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

This line is across the top of my DMD all the time. Likely needs to be replaced? Anyone else have this line?

That is light that leaks from the backbox. Put some tape at the top of the dmd and it is fixed. All my sterns have that.

#1027 7 years ago

EDIT SOLVED: See below ...

Still having massive issues with the ball auto launch on my GBLE. See both videos I shot in slow motion. Did some post processing from my android phone to slow it down by 10X

Ball hitting the one way gate - I've even slightly bent the sharp corner of that gate to eliminate as much of this as possible (and ball damage)

Ball hitting the wall behind the gate and dropping back into the shooter lane for "one more try"

EDIT, SOLVED - at least for me. I've tested with 75 consecutive launches and it's perfect!

I'll share what I did:

Slow motion study shows ball hanging up when getting into Staypuft dorner if too far to the LEFT

So ... I did the following and I would recommend them in that order

1) Removed (loosened is a better word) the auto-launch head piece and bent the left fork in to contact the ball at same time as the right. Before I fixed this the right side of the head was contacting just ahead of the left - this may have been 90% of the issue, but the difference was MAYBE 1MM in total - again, who knows.
2) Pulled top one way gate at Staypuft corner, slight bent out the leading corner that ball was hitting, then (on the backside behind the playfield backboard) I added a washer between the backboard and the left screw that holds the one way gate on. This effectively pushes that one way gate to turn more in the direction of the ball travel. That and the bent corner solved my issues.
3) Unscrewed left fork in ball launch ramp (long steel ramp thingy) and shimmed with 2MM shim (thus lifting it slightly to push the ball to the right)
4) Custom cut a plastic (template attached) to guarantee that the ball stays right - not sure yet how big of a role the custom plastic plays yet, thus this is recommended as the last step

Custom plastic notes:
- Must use .093 thickness as it fits perfectly in gap by ramp
- Must bevel leading edge or ball with hit it on way up (5MM bevel)
- Add a piece of target dead foam at end to "bend it out" to guide ball
- Attach to shooter lane (left metal guide) using a small piece of mylar
- If cut to proper height, the new piece will fit UNDER the left purple plastic (except where you purposefully bow it out with the dead foam)

Custom plastic is HERE at this google drive link: (don't use the image below, it's not to scale)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9aPFmNkJCM7U3hqYnBqVVZFQlE/view?usp=sharing20160814_180408_(resized).jpg20160814_180408_(resized).jpg

Hope this helps others with the same issue - very frustrating

20160814_184234_(resized).jpg20160814_184234_(resized).jpg
20160814_184106_(resized).jpg20160814_184106_(resized).jpg20160814_193150_(resized).jpg20160814_193150_(resized).jpg20160814_191342_(resized).jpg20160814_191342_(resized).jpg20160814_180156_(resized).jpg20160814_180156_(resized).jpg20160814_184548_(resized).jpg20160814_184548_(resized).jpg20160814_184432_(resized).jpg20160814_184432_(resized).jpg20160814_184940_(resized).jpg20160814_184940_(resized).jpgCapture_(resized).PNGCapture_(resized).PNG

#1028 7 years ago

It's being launched to hard is there a setting to turn the auto launch coil power down?

#1029 7 years ago

I'm having a new issue with the subway. it used to happen once in awhile now it happened every time.
If you shoot the ramp the ball never makes it out of the subway anymore. Just teeters in there.
If I place it at the top of the drop it makes it but if I release it up at the switch it doesn't make it out

#1030 7 years ago

Do they test these games at all.

#1031 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I'm having a new issue with the subway. it used to happen once in awhile now it happened every time.
If you shoot the ramp the ball never makes it out of the subway anymore. Just teeters in there.
If I place it at the top of the drop it makes it but if I release it up at the switch it doesn't make it out

I was also having this issue. I couldn't figure what was causing it and checked the ball path for obstructions and resistance but all checked ok. I then changed the incline from 6.5 to 6.7 degrees . This seemed to work almost one hundred percent when manually testing. Still seem to get 1 or 2 teeters a game still. The PKE shot also seems harder now at 6.7.

I called Chas at Stern about this. He was not sure what was causing it and went to the floor to inspect a game. He called me back and suggested it could be the diverter arm but it wasn't.

I also loosened both portions of the ramp (plastic and metal) a bit and shifted them around and retightened. Did not seem to help.

#1033 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Yep, it's just light permeating through the display cover to the edge. If you lower your height you will see it disappear. I'd say for the average height or lower you can't see it but for say, 5'10 and taller it's visible all the time.

#1034 7 years ago

Is it safe to assume that my cabinet was built on a Monday?

IMG_2001_(resized).jpgIMG_2001_(resized).jpg

IMG_2002_(resized).jpgIMG_2002_(resized).jpg

#1035 7 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

I was also having this issue. I couldn't figure what was causing it and checked the ball path for obstructions and resistance but all checked ok. I then changed the incline from 6.5 to 6.7 degrees . This seemed to work almost one hundred percent when manually testing. Still seem to get 1 or 2 teeters a game still. The PKE shot also seems harder now at 6.7.
I called Chas at Stern about this. He was not sure what was causing it and went to the floor to inspect a game. He called me back and suggested it could be the diverter arm but it wasn't.
I also loosened both portions of the ramp (plastic and metal) a bit and shifted them around and retightened. Did not seem to help.

Ya I've tried different angles have it up around 7 still didn't fix it.

#1036 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

You'd think so except there seems to be at least three people here reporting the same odd issue (with pics). Maybe they ran out of the correct piece and simply painted the old style to keep the line moving? Very strange indeed...

#1037 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Holy freakin Gawd!!!!!

QSS

#1038 7 years ago

I'm getting service alerts on the following five switches:

52 - Left Ramp Enter
65 - R. Ramp Exit
92 - Left Ramp 2
93 - Left Ramp 3
94 - Not Used

Those don't align with what's in the manual, and most of them don't even exist on this game. The *actual* switches listed at those # locations seem to be working fine.

Anyone else seeing this?

#1039 7 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

I'm getting service alerts on the following five switches:
52 - Left Ramp Enter
65 - R. Ramp Exit
92 - Left Ramp 2
93 - Left Ramp 3
94 - Not Used
Those don't align with what's in the manual, and most of them don't even exist on this game. The *actual* switches listed at those # locations seem to be working fine.
Anyone else seeing this?

Yep, we all have these, just code crap that can be ignored. Hope for version 1.06 to arrive soon and settle this.

#1040 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Every one I've seen, including mine, is like this. Even the one in Flippers in NC (they have every Stern LE over the years).

Headscratcher.

Screen_Shot_2016-08-15_at_7.20.41_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-08-15_at_7.20.41_AM_(resized).png

#1041 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I don't get it, what are we looking at in these pics?

#1042 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I don't get it, what are we looking at in these pics?

The left and right side rails don't match, they are a different shape.

#1043 7 years ago

Has anyone thought about reducing the height of the right ramp by shortening the hex post that supports the wireform? The ball often gets to the top of the easily, but my ramp is really steep just where it meets the wireform

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Edit: just had another look and the plastic ramp touches the shooter lane ball guide, so it's probably not possible.

#1044 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The left and right side rails don't match, they are a different shape.

Holy crap, what? WHY??

#1045 7 years ago

Mt45,good job,I just bent and shimmed the gate and game launches ball so much better,I did not do the plastic cover and I did not need to bent the forks on the striker

Thanks for trouble shooting

#1046 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

EDIT SOLVED: See below ...
Still having massive issues with the ball auto launch on my GBLE. See both videos I shot in slow motion. Did some post processing from my android phone to slow it down by 10X
Ball hitting the one way gate - I've even slightly bent the sharp corner of that gate to eliminate as much of this as possible (and ball damage)

Thanks for the investigation results. Very interesting slo mo video

#1047 7 years ago

can somone confirm that things are fixed on the gble that were problems on the early pro, like:

slimmer toy
wiregate bending
drop targets not dropping on hit
other stuff mentioned in topics

#1048 7 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

can somone confirm that things are fixed on the gble that were problems on the early pro, like:
slimmer toy
wiregate bending
drop targets not dropping on hit
other stuff mentioned in topics

The slimmer toy has been fixed.
My wiregate has not had any issues, so perhaps they put some more substantial there
The drop targets take a bit to break in, but they work well after that.

#1049 7 years ago

Airballs, which is being addressed.

Issues are clear coat adherence issues.

Amazing game after that!!!

#1050 7 years ago

After 24 hours of playing, slimer has scratched the black finish above the captive ball. I saw there was Mylar there but his metal bolt ass was scraping to the right of it. I stuck another piece of Mylar there to stop or slow it down but it looks like shit. WTF?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/21?hl=headnz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.