main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 91.
#951 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'll break into CrazyLevi mode here a little despite being in "the Honeymoom period" of GBLE.
Without that kit, I'd want to smash the glass.
The brutal outlanes and larger flipper gap do not mesh AT ALL with the speed and air balls from this game.
Boy it could've been brilliant, but without that kit, it's a really crappy experience compared to what they could have done.
I mean, we're talking TFLE carelessness, here, with airballs, and stuck balls.

Totally agree here dude.

Thing that sucks is that the PBL kit doesn't truly fix the balls hopping the lane guides either. I've had some great games going then boom, ball jumps over the lane guides and even PBL Lane guide extenders, straight into the drain. Totally brutal game at times. Without the center post to make it someone fair and even out the design quirks, I don't know how long I'd keep interested in it as it's just ruthless in the way it can end your ball.

#952 7 years ago

Just finished a bunch of games with the wife!

First pin I have ever had that has given her the "Just one more Game" Feeling! Yes! Took a lifetime!

No More Airballs, stuck balls, and cheap drains!

Playing like it should....smooth and fast!

Happy household here playing away!

#953 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

First pin I have ever had that has given her the "Just one more Game" Feeling! Yes! Took a lifetime!

Nice !! Out of curiosity, what pitch do you have the game set at?

#954 7 years ago

Dont know.....its eyeballed.....old school......

#955 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

That's a good sign Art! Maybe she'll give you the "just one more time" feeling too

#956 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

We're enjoying it too! Just got it today and put this score up already

IMG_0060_(resized).JPGIMG_0060_(resized).JPG

#957 7 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I personally don't have an issue with the flipper gap but I think it was a bad choice for this theme. I bought a GB Pro primarily because my kids really love the theme and wanted it. My wife hated my STTNG and never played it so I figured it was time to get something different. She hates the game. For my wife and my kids, longer ball times would be much better. I just can't understand the thinking of taking a timeless theme like Ghostbusters and make the game miserable for the casual player. I just wish they had thought out their design decisions a little more because I just don't see it lasting too long in my small collection. If I am the only (out of 4 of us) playing it regularly then I need to find something else.

i recommend got pro. you cant get really nice ball times on it and the 2 ramps are very fast and slick.

#958 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I beg to differ, the gap kind of hurts the fun aspect of the game to non-professional players. My wife, kids, and friends didn't like the ridiculous center drains and initial impressions weren't good. Put the PBL center post kit and it made everyone happy. To each their own.

It was meant as a joke hence the LOL.

I think if you like the center post in the game and it makes it more fun for you, familly and others then by all means install it. Whatever makes the game fun for the purchaser is the goal of these "Fun in a box" games. I personally am more of a purist to the original design and like to conquer the game, but that's what I enjoy and like and I haven't been frustrated by the toughness of the game.

That being said:

Quoted from Meph:

I have the kit, I just don't have the center post installed. I like the game without it. So I can install it to maybe make them like it but I really don't want the post myself. I only have 2 games in my collection, only 4 ever so there are lots of games to try.

I would install the post in this situation to satisfy the family. I would rather have a ghostbusters with a center post then sale the ghostbusters.

#959 7 years ago

So, attempted to move the outlane posts, and started to tear the playfield apart! Its like they got them in, didnt let them cure, and just got them out as quick as possible! So, now I cant move the posts without ruining my game. Unreal we pay a ton for these LEs, and so many issues. Even the flipper bats were not aligned correctly, had to adjust them as well as 4 switches.

#960 7 years ago

gb le unboxed today. build date 8-1-16
guosting on one insert for storage facility. seems the issues are not fixed and games being shipped anyway.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#961 7 years ago

Hmmm

That ain't good.

Looks like they just don't have a solution for the time being and just decided to ramp up production again anyhow and deal with the consequences later.

I'm sure a large % of buyers will never know or realize what is going on.

They gotta keep the line moving as they say.

#962 7 years ago

Would be interested in knowing who inspected your game. Having to adjust four switches and align the flippers is ridiculous. Harold inspected mine and no issues out of box so far.

#963 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

gb le unboxed today. build date 8-1-16
guosting on one insert for storage facility. seems the issues are not fixed and games being shipped anyway.

Like I said this afternoon Anthony, check the actual date stamped on the playfield, not the machine build date. That should tell you more. If your playfield is stamped late July then I would say they haven't fixed anything. Mine is stamped mid June and so far have no issues with ghosting after about 400 plays.

#964 7 years ago

I heard Stern's next game will be Deliverance

They're choosing 1 lucky GBLE owner to play the role of Ned Beatty on the translite

"Sqqqqweeeeeeeeeee"

#965 7 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Would be interested in knowing who inspected your game. Having to adjust four switches and align the flippers is ridiculous. Harold inspected mine and no issues out of box so far.

Harold is the production code for the game, not an actual employee.

#966 7 years ago

All, that's right. I remember seeing that a while back. Thanks for correcting me.

#967 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hmmm
That ain't good.
Looks like they just don't have a solution for the time being and just decided to ramp up production again anyhow and deal with the consequences later.
I'm sure a large % of buyers will never know or realize what is going on.
They gotta keep the line moving as they say.

They haven't fixed anything yet because they're still working through the last batch of pf's. I hope their trying something with the new batch. I "think" a batch is 500 or so. Mine says 116 of 510.

#968 7 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

So, attempted to move the outlane posts, and started to tear the playfield apart! Its like they got them in, didnt let them cure, and just got them out as quick as possible! So, now I cant move the posts without ruining my game. Unreal we pay a ton for these LEs, and so many issues. Even the flipper bats were not aligned correctly, had to adjust them as well as 4 switches.

That's actually a damn good clue. The posts have fused with the cc as it hadn't fully cured. So this lends some credence to the theory that the ghosting occurs due to a lack of drying time. Maybe new owners really *should* wait a month with the glass off... what a situation

#969 7 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Is there room to just add another post at the lower position? Then use a larger ring to go over both.

#970 7 years ago

GHOSTING, ghostbusters premium

#971 7 years ago

"And the plot thickens"

#972 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

I Expected this since the newest le's still are and these are the same playfields....

#973 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

That's actually a damn good clue. The posts have fused with the cc as it hadn't fully cured. So this lends some credence to the theory that the ghosting occurs due to a lack of drying time. Maybe new owners really *should* wait a month with the glass off... what a situation

I am starting to think this is true myself....I know I would wait to play with the glass off if I was buying NIB right now.

#974 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Premiums shipped? When did that happen?

#975 7 years ago

nothing has changed since day 1...
until now, its just a question of luck, than with or without ghosting
and dont be to much happy if you're in the "without" club, as may be this can quickly change in time

#976 7 years ago

Well, the next question is, wonder if Aerosmith will have ghosting?

Hopefully, 100% NOT!

Borg, Lyman, Donny, LCD - but we don't want any ghosts on this game...

#977 7 years ago

In my pro The same

20160807_131335_(resized).jpg20160807_131335_(resized).jpg

#979 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

What about Shadow?

#980 7 years ago

The top guys at Stern have to be stressing out and losing sleep over this.

This game is a huge success and they were licking their lips with the sales numbers...

Now they see 60%+ playfields having issues that may need to be replaced.

The numbers are so high even their legal team is likely getting involved, because if they don't make it right something like this is elegible for legal action from customers.

I am hopefully it won't get to that point, but they really have to be stressing about how much money they were making off this game, to how much it's going to cost them to fix all these games they have kept shipping- even with knowing there was a problem this entire time.

#981 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What about Shadow?

I wish .....She doesnt like learning any rules....just what she calls, "fun".

44 years, more pins then I have in my profile, this is the first game she asks to play with me, play on her own,
or simply tell guests we had over from England...picking up my last bulb effort..That its fun!

Rare compliment from someone who has had no interest before.

Cant say everyone will feel this way, but so far, havent had any guests disagree....(or they are being polite)

#982 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The numbers are so high even their legal team is likely getting involved, because if they don't make it right something like this is elegible for legal action from customers.

The only way the "legal team" is getting involved right now is dealing with the supplier of the PF's.

Stern went from no ghosting PF's from TWD and prior to across the board ghosting now. Are they responsible for producing their own PF's now?

Something changed and they know what it is.

Stern knows they have to take care of these PF issues or they won't be "licking their lips" about making money in the future.

#983 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Premiums shipped? When did that happen?

This is at Logan arcade.

#984 7 years ago

#985 7 years ago

on top of all my other issues, now the drop target on the right scolari bros broke. Man, i have never had this many issues before on a stern. I have had this game for 2 weeks and glass seems to have been off more than on.

#986 7 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

on top of all my other issues, now the drop target on the right scolari bros broke. Man, i have never had this many issues before on a stern. I have had this game for 2 weeks and glass seems to have been off more than on.

Maybe you are a true ghostbuster.......sorry to hear you are having all this trouble

#987 7 years ago

here is the Storage Facility insert on my GB Pro. You can feel a tiny ridge where the clear coat is cracked. sent an email off to Stern this morning, still waiting to hear back. Originally you could not feel any ridge where the ghosting was appearing when i first noticed it. If your game has ghosting and hasnt already done this, it probably will eventually. My game/playfield was built back in April.

My distributor simply said clean the area up and put a strip of mylar over the ridge so it doesnt break down any further. I havent done anything yet, waiting to see what Stern says.

Ghosting_(resized).jpgGhosting_(resized).jpg

#988 7 years ago

I would bet money that all these problems are related to Sterns cheaping out in on way or another. I really wanted this pin despite it being produced by Stern. Not gonna happen now. I still wonder what people will do down the road when parts are needed be it computer boards, ramps, plastics or scoops. They certainly wont be out there like they are for the W/B games. You know those cheap ass boards aren't going to last long or I'm guessing the power supply either.

#989 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I would bet money that all these problems are related to Sterns cheaping out in on way or another. I really wanted this pin despite it being produced by Stern. Not gonna happen now. I still wonder what people will do down the road when parts are needed be it computer boards, ramps, plastics or scoops. They certainly wont be out there like they are for the W/B games. You know those cheap ass boards aren't going to last long or I'm guessing the power supply either.

People said the same thing when WMS shut down... "you won't be able to get parts, etc"!! Instead a whole cottage industry built up around it and the same will happen for Stern machines if the company ever shuts down.
Ramps and boards will be remade, etc. If there are people out there with money then somebody will try to step in to meet the demand.
Let's just hope Stern sells enough machines in the meantime to build up the critical mass of owners.

#990 7 years ago

When the company shuts down yes, maybe, if Stern allows the patents to be bought. While they are still in business they aren't going to make parts for older machines available.

#991 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

here is the Storage Facility insert on my GB Pro. You can feel a tiny ridge where the clear coat is cracked. sent an email off to Stern this morning, still waiting to hear back. Originally you could not feel any ridge where the ghosting was appearing when i first noticed it. If your game has ghosting and hasnt already done this, it probably will eventually. My game/playfield was built back in April.
My distributor simply said clean the area up and put a strip of mylar over the ridge so it doesnt break down any further. I havent done anything yet, waiting to see what Stern says.

Is the insert sinking?

#992 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Is the insert sinking?

i dont really know what its doing. the rest of the insert seems fine, the original white spots had not grown since i first noticed them, its just along that edge, like there was some air between the edge of the insert and the clear and now with some wear and tear its broken out the clear coat. My concern now is saving the spot along that edge where the clear is very finely cracked.

#993 7 years ago

I just ordered GB and could cancel and wait a few months, Would anyone recommend that? I am suppose to take delivery in late September.

#994 7 years ago

I should have been more precise. I ordered GB Premium.

#995 7 years ago

When trying to fix the fact that a hard direct shot on the scoleris never drops them, setting flippers on soft is better? What exactly does this do? Does it change the ability to get up the ramps at all?

#996 7 years ago
Quoted from dsoar007:

I should have been more precise. I ordered GB Premium.

Depends....do you want to be posting pics of your inserts and complaining in September?

#997 7 years ago
Quoted from dsoar007:

I just ordered GB and could cancel and wait a few months, Would anyone recommend that? I am suppose to take delivery in late September.

I canceled my pro until I feel the issue is fixed. This game is going to be available for a while. Be patient and avoid the headaches this issue could bring. Just my .02c

#998 7 years ago
Quoted from dsoar007:

I would 6,700 ghosting cracking and no response from stern - and no warranty just some who have luck some who do not. Wait till they fix it also more orders canceled will get it fixed faster vote with green!

#999 7 years ago

I would strongly consider canceling if I wasn't in for a LE.

#1000 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I would strongly consider canceling if I wasn't in for a LE.

kinda why i took the delivery. one ghosted insert.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/20?hl=junglist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.