main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 91.
#851 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yup... 3 to 3.6k is around 5.3k today. Nowhere near the 7k and up some models are priced at... but the market seems to accept it so what can ya do?

Yea and the pros have no where near the toys/features/mechanisms that most of the 90s w/b dmds have/ had ...

#852 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea and the pros have no where near the toys/features/mechanisms that most of the 90s w/b dmds have/ had ...

Yeah you're absolutely right - still I'm glad pins survived at all. Lately I've been grateful for TWD especially

#853 7 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

The ball does not always pop up from under the playfield.

Raise the right hand side of the pin slightly front and back legs so that the ball drops into place, mine did that and now its all good.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thank you. I couldnt get the screw loose, but will try again.

I have also tried this mate and the bugger is on tight, ill need to get me a bigger tool to undo the hex key type screw. I have also looked in the manual as no where else can you adjust the shaft height unfortunately. Number 2 from the pic has the hex screw attached. Has anyone been successful in loosing this hex screw to raise and or lower the cam slimer shaft ?

Cheers.

Capture_(resized).JPGCapture_(resized).JPG

#854 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yup... 3 to 3.6k is around 5.3k today. Nowhere near the 7k and up some models are priced at... but the market seems to accept it so what can ya do?

Quoted from bigd1979:

What some people like to conveniently ignore/forget is that Williams got out of the pin business because they could be way more profitable elsewhere and Stern almost went under trying to keep going at those prices. So Stern started stripping stuff out to meet those "Pro" price points and still survive, people complained, so they now sell models that have more features, but charge more for them.

It is no longer the 90s market. Time to move on...

#855 7 years ago

In your mech drawing do you see number 2, the flat slot on the top of the shaft? If you're trying to adjust slimer on an LE then there is a cap that goes over the shaft here. It is kept in position by a grub screw. This is where slimer height can be adjusted and not via the grub screw lower down near the optos. That one is very tight to undo. Hope this was of assistance.

#856 7 years ago

I want to try different out lane pst settings to see how the game plays on my LE. The left hand post looks easy to move but the right one will hit a metal plate holding a plastic. This area is taken up also by the ramp. Has anyone moved this post and could you please explain what you had to do. If there's too much dismantling involved, I may leave that one. Thanks in advance

#857 7 years ago

Have some strange technician alerts on my LE. Tested switches and everything is fine but they don't seem to clear. The weird thing is the alerts don't match the numbers or names in the manual.

These are the alerts..

Switch #52 left ramp enter (manual says 52 is pop bumper exit)
Switch #65 r. ramp exit (manual says 65 is left bank drop opto)
Switch #92 left ramp 2 (manual has no switch #92 for the LE)
Switch #93 left ramp 3 (manual has no switch #93 for the LE)

Anyone else seeing this on their LE? I also have no credit dot but I seem to remember hearing the complaint that they removed the credit dot with Spike.

#858 7 years ago

Just downloaded the pro manual. Looks like I'm seeing alerts for switches on the pro model that arn't even on the LE. Guessing this is probably just a software bug that Stern still needs to fix. Still curious if anyone else is also seeing these alerts on their LE.

#859 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Have some strange technician alerts on my LE. Tested switches and everything is fine but they don't seem to clear. The weird thing is the alerts don't match the numbers or names in the manual.
These are the alerts..
Anyone else seeing this on their LE? I also have no credit dot but I seem to remember hearing the complaint that they removed the credit dot with Spike.

Mine is the exact same way. I figured early code

#860 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

These are the alerts..

Same exact issue on my LE. Was about to post this question. Seems like it can be cleaned up with a code update

#861 7 years ago

Quick question LE owners ... I'm having an issue with auto plunge. About 75% of the time. The ball hits Stay Puft and rattles around up in the corner to finally either drop down the ecto lane or just fall back down the shooter lane. Anyone else? Fixes?

#862 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Mine is the exact same way. I figured early code

Yes I have the same 5 tech alerts. It's a code bug. Someone tell Dwight. I am sure he knows.

#863 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Quick question LE owners ... I'm having an issue with auto plunge. About 75% of the time. The ball hits Stay Puft and rattles around up in the corner to finally either drop down the ecto lane or just fall back down the shooter lane. Anyone else? Fixes?

Doesn't happen here. I would say 85% of the time the auto plunge makes it all the way around on my game. Now if Stay Puft is already moving quite a bit the odds are greater he will hit a ball of he is wobbling.

#864 7 years ago

Hi guys , After 2 weeks of having my GBLE delivered i have ghosting forming on inserts that goes with the very severe grazing on many of the inserts also .
This is so disappointing for a NIB machine .

#865 7 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I want to try different out lane pst settings to see how the game plays on my LE. The left hand post looks easy to move but the right one will hit a metal plate holding a plastic. This area is taken up also by the ramp. Has anyone moved this post and could you please explain what you had to do. If there's too much dismantling involved, I may leave that one. Thanks in advance

Can you take a pic of this? That sounds like a design flaw, and very stupid if that is the case.

#866 7 years ago

The right lane post is a real job to move. I moved the left one in 2 minutes, but the right one will require removing the subway ramp and the containment facility. This part of the machine is a horrible design.

#867 7 years ago

Thanks guys, I was afraid of that. Lots of stuffing around for a component that is designed to be adjusted. I was thinking maybe only loosening the main plastic so I could rotate the metal plate holding the terror dog plastic, giving room for the post to unscrew.

#868 7 years ago
Quoted from Tastysirloin:

Hi guys , After 2 weeks of having my GBLE delivered i have ghosting forming on inserts that goes with the very severe grazing on many of the inserts also .
This is so disappointing for a NIB machine .

not good... warranty issue? manufacturing defect ....

#869 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

not good... warranty issue? manufacturing defect ....

Same problem with my (european) GBLE, but untill now only one ghosting spot. The problem is known at Stern, and from what I red on the pindside forum the main reason why the le's are delayed.

I have send Stern an email with pictures so they know that there's another GBLE with playfield problems. I think everybody with these problems must inform Stern. Maybe then they 'feel' the presure and solve the problem! I would be satisfied if they gave me a good quality replacement playfield!

#870 7 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I just removed the screw on the top end of the right ramp over the the sling and then you can lift the right lane post while lifting on the metel plate and slide the post down a hole ,I felt very confident that nothing would crack or break and was correct,it can easily be done with out lots of work,

#871 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I just removed the screw on the top end of the right ramp over the the sling and then you can lift the right lane post while lifting on the metel plate and slide the post down a hole ,I felt very confident that nothing would crack or break and was correct,it can easily be done with out lots of work,

Thank you will have to look at that option. You confident no chance of plastics breaking by just removing that one screw? What happens when unscrewing the post? Does it lift the metal plate at all and if, is it much? Thanks

#872 7 years ago

Yes the plate will lift just enough with a little coaching and you will be fine just be carful

#873 7 years ago

Had a strange issue yesterday, I think it's likely just a one off but I'm pretty new to the hobby so I figured I'd check with pinside to see if there is something more I should check.

I was playing last night and had a ripping air ball that crashed over towards the newton balls on the left side and near the fire house. Not sure exactly where it went cause as soon as it crashed over there the entire playfield and backlight went dark. The only thing still on was the DMD which was frozen mid-animation for symmetrical book stacking. I turned the machine off and on and it was fine since then. Played another hour or so with no re-occurence.

any ideas? just a one off bug I figure? All in all I love the game and think its fantastic (GB PRO)...

#874 7 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Had a strange issue yesterday, I think it's likely just a one off but I'm pretty new to the hobby so I figured I'd check with pinside to see if there is something more I should check.
I was playing last night and had a ripping air ball that crashed over towards the newton balls on the left side and near the fire house. Not sure exactly where it went cause as soon as it crashed over there the entire playfield and backlight went dark. The only thing still on was the DMD which was frozen mid-animation for symmetrical book stacking. I turned the machine off and on and it was fine since then. Played another hour or so with no re-occurence.
any ideas? just a one off bug I figure? All in all I love the game and think its fantastic (GB PRO)...

Mine did that twice the first day i got it 2 weeks ago.the ball got lost in the subway. Has never done it since.

#875 7 years ago

Problems I have experienced with GBLE in order of frustration:

1. Subway balls do not sit correctly in trough when locked; therefore, additional ball is not put into play until you shake the machine to correct. If you elevate the right legs to make it work correctly the left launcher does not hit the right flipper in the correct spot and the right launcher does not hit the left flipper correctly.

2. Inlane guides are WAY too short. Sometimes even the subway ramp return flips the ball to the right drain.

3. Airballs are excessive and many times leads to a ball drain.

4. Ramp switch leading to subway did not always register a shot. This was fixed by bending the top guide down.

Otherwise, the best pin I have ever owned as far as looks, sound, and light show.

I would like a fix for the top 3 problems.

#876 7 years ago

Changed all post to green and changed all rubbers to Titan. Lowered out lane posts.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#877 7 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Problems I have experienced with GBLE in order of frustration:
1. Subway balls do not sit correctly in trough when locked; therefore, additional ball is not put into play until you shake the machine to correct. If you elevate the right legs to make it work correctly the left launcher does not hit the right flipper in the correct spot and the right launcher does not hit the left flipper correctly.
2. Inlane guides are WAY too short. Sometimes even the subway ramp return flips the ball to the right drain.
3. Airballs are excessive and many times leads to a ball drain.
4. Ramp switch leading to subway did not always register a shot. This was fixed by bending the top guide down.
Otherwise, the best pin I have ever owned as far as looks, sound, and light show.
I would like a fix for the top 3 problems.

I've had my share of issues, but the only one I share with you is the 4th one. I've had to adjust that switch a handful of times and I really wish that they had used a gate switch there. Sorry you've had troubles, I know how frustrating they can be, especially for such an otherwise amazing game.

Edit: Does anybody else have issues with their one way gate getting caught up on the Ecto Goggles and staying up? I have had to bend mine down a little to make it consistently clear, but you don't get as good of an angle with it that way, and it makes for more drains out of the right side.

#878 7 years ago

I know I am not adding much to the conversation, but here is what I've experienced on my GB Pro. Those Scoleri Bros. do not drop with a solid hit and often throw the ball over the flippers. My brother calls it the "Scoleri Screwjob". I like the advice of backhanding. I will try that.
Some people mentioned a dirty feed through the spinner. This happens rarely, but it is almost always SDTM.
Finally, I just don't feel right about the left scoop kickout. It never shoots SDTM, but lands unpredictably on/near the tip of the right flipper which prevents most forms of ball control. Our local operator took his kickout power down to 20 so it dribbles out to the left flipper. It works nicely, but I just don't feel right about doing it on my home machine.

#879 7 years ago

Anyone with a Pro have this issue? I am getting tech alerts for through 2-5. It doesn't affect the game in any capacity, but I wasn't sure if this was a bug in the code.

#880 7 years ago

Give the Scoleri Brothers time. Mine drop every time now. I often get both in one shot.

#881 7 years ago
Quoted from cubitron:

I know I am not adding much to the conversation, but here is what I've experienced on my GB Pro. Those Scoleri Bros. do not drop with a solid hit and often throw the ball over the flippers. My brother calls it the "Scoleri Screwjob". I like the advice of backhanding. I will try that.
Some people mentioned a dirty feed through the spinner. This happens rarely, but it is almost always SDTM.
Finally, I just don't feel right about the left scoop kickout. It never shoots SDTM, but lands unpredictably on/near the tip of the right flipper which prevents most forms of ball control. Our local operator took his kickout power down to 20 so it dribbles out to the left flipper. It works nicely, but I just don't feel right about doing it on my home machine.

This may help with those Scoleri Brothers drop targets...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4251

I picked them up (along with a shaker motor, Zombie Yeti blades, etc) and waiting for my Premium to make it's way down the assembly line. Pinball Life has a fairly decent and affordable selection of GB parts for fine tuning your machine without adding major mods.

#882 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

This may help with those Scoleri Brothers drop targets...
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4251
I picked them up (along with a shaker motor, Zombie Yeti blades, etc) and waiting for my Premium to make it's way down the assembly line. Pinball Life has a fairly decent and affordable selection of GB parts for fine tuning your machine without adding major mods.

I tried them then went back to the old ones. Felt like they were going to break the targets. Just move your old springs a few coils and it will work much better until it loosens up.

#883 7 years ago

Out of the box on my LE, the Scoleri brothers work perfectly- no adjustments needed. I even have the stronger springs which I won't even bother installing. Maybe Stern has fixed them.

#884 7 years ago

On the ghosting inserts posted here. Someone had asked if it is best to let the game cure before plunging a first ball. Nobody answered...anyone know? Does this matter at all or is it if it is going to ghost it will ghost? Anyone know?

#885 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

On the ghosting inserts posted here. Someone had asked if it is best to let the game cure before plunging a first ball. Nobody answered...anyone know? Does this matter at all or is it if it is going to ghost it will ghost? Anyone know?

From what I understand, if it is going to ghost, it is going to ghost. Just a questions of how much and if or when it stops.

#886 7 years ago

This might be foolish of me, but I assume that Stern lets playfields cure before installation.

#887 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

This might be foolish of me, but I assume that Stern lets playfields cure before installation.

Yeah I figured as much but since they have cranked up production since demand has gone up, I was thinking maybe they decided to run the playfields sooner rather then let them fully cure and that we are seing the results of ghosting inserts because of it. Maybe the process didn't change but rather the curing time allowed. Just a thought...

#888 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

These are the alerts..

I am seeing the same on my le

#889 7 years ago

This is not an issue if you do not want to adjust the right hand outlane post, but what an absolute job and a half to move it. I basically freed up the plastic so I could move it away from the post. Otherwise I believe the post would put a lot of upwards tension on the plastic. Then the arduous task of quarter turns for what seemed an eternity to remove it, reposition and screw it back in.

Not fun. Why did Stern make this so hard on an LE/premium? This is definitely a once only adjustment, so I hope it gives me the desired results I'm looking for.

#890 7 years ago

For those complaining about air balls and Scolari Bros not dropping try changing your flipper strength to soft. I noticed a huge improvement after doing this.

#891 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Out of the box on my LE, the Scoleri brothers work perfectly- no adjustments needed. I even have the stronger springs which I won't even bother installing. Maybe Stern has fixed them.

Mine worked well at first, then after about 50 games they began to behave badly. I pulled up the spring about 5-6 coils and they work well again!

#892 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

For those complaining about air balls and Scolari Bros not dropping try changing your flipper strength to soft. I noticed a huge improvement after doing this.

Going to try this tonight. The airballs are a nightmare!

#894 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

+1 for this. It also helps with the time that the ball stays in the popbumpers.

My wireform at the captive ball by the way is very thick wire, I do no think it will bend easily. Did someone with the problem post the thickness of his wire ? My build date of my LE is 24th of June

#895 7 years ago

To put an end to the huge airballs almost hitting me in the nuts I fixed up a quick plastic and used it to fill in the bare area in front of the city.

Not a single airball since!!

This is bound to help a little towards less ghosting I hope without the big hits .image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg[att=3273664,749949 caption=image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#896 7 years ago

You have a wonderful solution, that needs to be marketed.

I hope youll share a file, offer to a manufacturer, or sell them yourself.

I am definitely interested in supporting this and owning one.

How can this happen?

#897 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

+1 for this. It also helps with the time that the ball stays in the popbumpers.
My wireform at the captive ball by the way is very thick wire, I do no think it will bend easily. Did someone with the problem post the thickness of his wire ? My build date of my LE is 24th of June

Which Captive Ball is bending the wire? Near the books or the other one?

#898 7 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Which Captive Ball is bending the wire? Near the books or the other one?

The one on the right. There were reports of that wire bending because of the ball hitting it when trying to shoot for the target that activates Slimer. Pinball Universe has even got a mod for it to prevent it and some people are also putting in a second loose captive ball to prevent it.

My wire is really massive so I wondered if Stern has changed the gauge of the wire.

#899 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

The one on the right. There were reports of that wire bending because of the ball hitting it when trying to shoot for the target that activates Slimer. Pinball Universe has even got a mod for it to prevent it and some people are also putting in a second loose captive ball to prevent it.
My wire is really massive so I wondered if Stern has changed the gauge of the wire.

Can you post a picture? Its not the wireform holding the newton ball, its the wire rail that is next to the ghost symbol.

#900 7 years ago

I second setting your coils to soft. It makes the game play a lot better. Turn up your magna slings a little bit too. They become way more responsive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 103.00
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/18?hl=ball_shine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.