main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 91.
#751 7 years ago

Seems like we haven't heard anything on the captive ball wireform bending issue in a while. Is the design any different on the recently-delivered LEs? I have a premium coming and am wondering whether this issue has been addressed by Stern or not.

#752 7 years ago

Mine looks exactly the same on my le.

#753 7 years ago

Lots of issues out of the box. I'm very frustrated. The switches on the game are pure trash. PKE switches are bad. E didn't work out of the box, fixed it, and the P stopped registering 5 games later. Left ramp switch doesn't trigger most times, and I've adjusted it twice already. Pop exit switch didn't work out of the box.

Also had to lower a Scoleri target that wasn't flush with the playfield, my one way gate would get stuck up and stay. My right scoop was bent down and I had to bend it up. The ball wouldn't fit.

I also had the game lose the ball when locking a ball, collecting a super and starting We Got One on the same shot. After 3 ball searches it kicked out a new ball.

I have to say, I'm really frustrated with the cheap as dirt switches. My Tron, Spider-Man, AC/DC, and Iron Man all have much higher quality components. Stern is really cheapening these games down as much as they can, and it shows.

#755 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Lots of issues out of the box. I'm very frustrated. The switches on the game are pure trash. PKE switches are bad. E didn't work out of the box, fixed it, and the P stopped registering 5 games later. Left ramp switch doesn't trigger most times, and I've adjusted it twice already. Pop exit switch didn't work out of the box.
Also had to lower a Scoleri target that wasn't flush with the playfield, my one way gate would get stuck up and stay. My right scoop was bent down and I had to bend it up. The ball wouldn't fit.
I also had the game lose the ball when locking a ball, collecting a super and starting We Got One on the same shot. After 3 ball searches it kicked out a new ball.
I have to say, I'm really frustrated with the cheap as dirt switches. My Tron, Spider-Man, AC/DC, and Iron Man all have much higher quality components. Stern is really cheapening these games down as much as they can, and it shows.

That sucks man, I feel for you. I better prepare when mine comes.

#756 7 years ago

Sorry to hear....it doesnt help to say, "it happens", or "mine has no switch issues".

Your issues are real and should be shared, but equally to share is a lot of games received, their are none.

The LE I received today, has raised wire out lanes, and apparently a thicker guide on captive ball.

Im sure issues will pop up...they always do, but a bunch of stuff right out of the box, shouldnt happen, nor does it appear
to be the norm.

Who knows....I may have to eat my own words.

#757 7 years ago

My le has low outlanes and the ball hops over all the time

#758 7 years ago

I've got it about 90% of the way there. The game is so fun. I can't wait to have it fully reliable.

While I've had my share of issues, I've got lucky with zero Scoleri issues or airballs, no ball launch off the ramp, and everything is smooth.

#759 7 years ago

Do your distros remove the games and test them or are you the first to try from the factory. I'm hoping mine will be ok as my distro is going to inspect the game prior to shipping out to me

#760 7 years ago

Mine did, upon request......Asked to check everything!

#761 7 years ago

I've got an issue that must be a code bug. Slimer will often leave after two hits. His mode is active, but he's over the city and you can't complete it. It carries over from ball to ball as well.

The other Slimer issue is that when he drags across the captive ball bracket, he registers a hit. If he's out at the start of your ball, you don't even need to plunge and he'll register his 3 hits eventually and that's that.

They'll need to work on Slimer in the next code release.

#762 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i've said this like 100's of times, and I think people don't know what the hell i'm talking about. They would rather throw money at mods, since mods is all they know.

Normally I would say you are right, but even the newer LE's have the lower guides. What if we do not know everything and Stern plans the streams as a mod later on. Maybe they need the lower guides as they would travel over them.

I am all for the simplest solutions like you suggested but Stern could have easily fixed this without any cost to them and they did not. That makes me think not to get my hammer out just yet.

#763 7 years ago

The rails are raised now in production, as the LE received is just fine.

#764 7 years ago

Have you got a picture of your rails , because on my LE the rails are low , can you measure the height of the rail?
On my LE have got some issues ....... the switch on the 2 ramps don't works any time you pass in the ramp, a lot of big air ball !!!!! and insert ghosting ........

#765 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I've got an issue that must be a code bug. Slimer will often leave after two hits. His mode is active, but he's over the city and you can't complete it.

Is he in the ecto goggles when that happens?

#766 7 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

Have you got a picture of your rails , because on my LE the rails are low , can you measure the height of the rail?
On my LE have got some issues ....... the switch on the 2 ramps don't works any time you pass in the ramp, a lot of big air ball !!!!! and insert ghosting ........

I think some of the LEs shipped to Overseas still had low sitting guides. Earlier Production. The game I have has the total height of about 5mm off the playfield.

I bought the Laser Cut Cover set, just in case, but still plan on installing for appearance as well.

#767 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The rails are raised now in production, as the LE received is just fine.

My LE guides are to low. Lots of ball hops over.

#768 7 years ago
Quoted from pmppk:

Is he in the ecto goggles when that happens?

Not always. When he is, that's the finishing shot, right? But on mine, he won't go away if you make the shot even when he is there.

#769 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I think some of the LEs shipped to Overseas still had low sitting guides. Earlier Production. The game I have has the total height of about 5mm off the playfield.
I bought the Laser Cut Cover set, just in case, but still plan on installing for appearance as well.

Just measured my Pro outlane guides. 15mm to the top of them and 10mm gap between them and playfield. I installed the clear outlane covers from pinball life and have had the ball push between the outlane and plastic cover 1x since installed a month ago almost.

#770 7 years ago

Here's a pic of the Slimer bug. It happens almost every time he comes down. He leaves before the 3rd hit and you can't finish the mode. There's now way to deal with it other than to start a new game and hope it doesn't happen the next time or play around it (which sucks). It continues to play the "Chase Slimer Away" music from ball to ball, but ending the mode is impossible.

slimer-bug_(resized).jpgslimer-bug_(resized).jpg

#771 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Here's a pic of the Slimer bug. It happens almost every time he comes down. He leaves before the 3rd hit and you can't finish the mode. There's now way to deal with it other than to start a new game and hope it doesn't happen the next time or play around it (which sucks). It continues to play the "Chase Slimer Away" music from ball to ball, but ending the mode is impossible.

Have you tryed downloading the most recent code and reinstalling it on your game?

#772 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Have you tryed downloading the most recent code and reinstalling it on your game?

I have the most recent code, but I haven't tried a re-install.

#773 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I have the most recent code, but I haven't tried a re-install.

Id give it a try cant hurt.

#774 7 years ago

Well, I'm ready to call this one a lemon.

Ecto Goggles don't work. I'm realizing that they haven't worked, and that's why I can't finish the Slimer mode when he leaves, because a shot doesn't clear the Ecto Goggles. I thought it was just that, because other ghosts were disappearing on a made shot, but only when it hits the orbit switch, not the optos.

The optos are so misaligned that I can't get them to line up. Below is a pic. I can't it straight on, but you can still tell it's WAY off center, and the opposite side is dead center. They're so far off that even taking off the bracket underneath, shimming it every way to China and back, you just can't get the optos to line up.

optos_(resized).jpgoptos_(resized).jpg

So, add that to the massive list of issues I've had, and I'm just completely frustrated with this. If my game was checked before it went out, I'd be extremely surprised. There's just too much out of adjustment and dodgy crap with it that I think the testers must have leapfrogged the game.

#775 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Well, I'm ready to call this one a lemon.
Ecto Goggles don't work. I'm realizing that they haven't worked, and that's why I can't finish the Slimer mode when he leaves, because a shot doesn't clear the Ecto Goggles. I thought it was just that, because other ghosts were disappearing on a made shot, but only when it hits the orbit switch, not the optos.
The optos are so misaligned that I can't get them to line up. Below is a pic. I can't it straight on, but you can still tell it's WAY off center, and the opposite side is dead center. They're so far off that even taking off the bracket underneath, shimming it every way to China and back, you just can't get the optos to line up.

So, add that to the massive list of issues I've had, and I'm just completely frustrated with this. If my game was checked before it went out, I'd be extremely surprised. There's just too much out of adjustment and dodgy crap with it that I think the testers must have leapfrogged the game.

That really sucks. Sorry to hear it. Please keep us posted as to what Stern does (hopefully) to make this right.

#776 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

That really sucks. Sorry to hear it. Please keep us posted as to what Stern does (hopefully) to make this right.

I sent an email to Stern, and I'll check with my distributor tomorrow. Here's hoping it's a smooth process.

Edit: well, I couldn't just sleep on it, so I gave it another go. Found a cold solder joint on the opto board. Fixed that up and they worked in test. Finally found a combination of screw tightness and cardboard shims to line the optos up, and we're back in business. I fixed up the rest of my switch issues as well.

Best of all...with the opto fix, Chase Slimer Away now ends properly. As of right now, I'm at 100% operational for the first time. It's been A LOT of work since Friday, but I just played a handful of games with everything firing and it was amazing. Can't wait for after work tomorrow to really sink into it.

#777 7 years ago

Had one GB smoke a flipper coil and the transistor fell off the board. Thankfully I had a transistor on hand that stern said would work, but it isn't the exact one so getting a replacement board.

I got a new pro in yesterday with the new slimer boom, and he is much stiffer and reads correctly each time. Does look a little unfinished with the red crimp connector, but if that is painted black, it would blend in. I may actually do that before putting this one out.

gbpro_(2)_(resized).JPGgbpro_(2)_(resized).JPG

#778 7 years ago

Only issues I've had is that I had to adjust one switch in the rollover lanes and some of my shots to the subway ramp don't seem to make it out and roll around until being kicked out of the scoop. It seems it happens more on consecutive shots when there is more speed on the ball. I have my game pitched at 7.5. I don't know if that's too steep or something.

#779 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

game pitched at 7.5

Definitely on the high side spec is 6.5 to 7 with 6.5 being the norm.

#780 7 years ago

"Goggle Screen Protector" should be reviewed!

Happend after 6 hours, maybe while mutliball ...didn't notice, must been an airball.

im exited how Stern will rating this....

ecto_goggles_(resized).jpgecto_goggles_(resized).jpg

#782 7 years ago

New GB Pro. Scoleri Bro drops not dropping when hit straight on? Does anyone know if this is meant to be this way?

#783 7 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

New GB Pro. Scoleri Bro drops not dropping when hit straight on? Does anyone know if this is meant to be this way?

It's not how it's supposed to be, but they will loosen up with time.

#784 7 years ago
#785 7 years ago

Dupe post

#786 7 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

I saw 2 mini coils below the playfield which are maybe for holding the targets ....i think its random for one time....for me a nice feature. Im not sure if its by design

#787 7 years ago
Quoted from bGnschen:

I saw 2 mini coils below the playfield which are maybe for holding the targets ....i think its random for one time....for me a nice feature. Im not sure if its by design

The smaller coils are so they can drop down when the machine wants them to.

#788 7 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

know prob from the begining, easy solution is : change spring with some more powerfull

OR

from a player point of view, as its more than safer, get the target with the same side flipper, and than hitting like this its working perfectly

#789 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

know prob from the begining, easy solution is : change spring with some more powerfull

Don't do it you will end up with target latching issues. Just backhand the shots.

#790 7 years ago

thats how i see it too

#791 7 years ago

Guys let your machine break-in before you all go changing everything.
The one I play on very frequently took about 2 months to settle down.

#792 7 years ago

GB has been on route since day 1 and the Scoleri targets still don't drop unless you backhand them. Good advise otherwise.

#793 7 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

GB has been on route since day 1 and the Scoleri targets still don't drop unless you backhand them. Good advise otherwise.

I'd look into the alternate springs, but I bought some out of curiosity and found them too long. For me, they're not usable on my LE. I'll attach a pic.

My targets are now quite reliable. I played this morning before work and dropped them both with forehand shots. You get safer action off of a backhand, but you can drop them either way on my game.

Edit: Pics of the springs I got. The shorter one is the original.
20160715_222218_(resized).jpg20160715_222218_(resized).jpg
20160715_222005_(resized).jpg20160715_222005_(resized).jpg

#794 7 years ago

Your replacing the wrong spring there are 2 on the drop target assemble.

#795 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Your replacing the wrong spring there are 2 on the drop target assemble.

Haha, yeah. Looks like I'm on coil. I just quickly looked, but since I've not had issues with the drops, I didn't look deeper.

#796 7 years ago

My GB doesn't always give a clean feed off the plunge through to the spinner. Anyone else having an issue like that and/or a possible solution?

#797 7 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

My GB doesn't always give a clean feed off the plunge through to the spinner. Anyone else having an issue like that and/or a possible solution?

Alot of times if you full plunge the ball will actually hit the bottom of the stay puft man causing it to fall short of a full orbit .

#798 7 years ago

I've noticed on my pro now, every so often (1 out 5 times) when I get a left ramp shot that the diverter kicks down into the storage facility eject, when the ball lands in the hole, sometimes it'll wobble out of the hole before the kicker knocks it out. not sure if maybe my table just needs levelling again, or of something in the process of the ball making its way down there is happening too fast and it doesn't settle nice in the eject hole. will keep an eye on it. I always felt like maybe that hole needs a piece of mylar in a few places, seems to be a bit of bare wood exposed that could break down over time.

#799 7 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I have seen 2 issues that match your description, which one is it.

1. Air balling into stay put: replace orange spring with green spring.

2. Dirty feed when it hits the spinner and SDTM. Seem this a lot on a location game. I think it is bouncing off the 2X, op thinks it is happening earlier. I don't know a solution.

#800 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

1. Air balling into stay put: replace orange spring with green spring.

This sounds like it. May even have a green spring on hand. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 103.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/16?hl=junglist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.