By exflexer

2 years ago

Stats

• 3,931 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by WolfManCat
  • Topic is favorited by 135 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 613 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

large (resized).jpg
slimer opto (resized).JPG
bat_step2 (resized).jpg
bat_step1 (resized).jpg
pic6 (resized).jpg
IMG_3532 (resized).JPG
IMG_3533 (resized).jpg
IMG_3530 (resized).JPG
IMG_1210 (resized).JPG
IMG_1211 (resized).JPG
IMG_3521 (resized).jpg
IMG_3538 (resized).JPG
IMG_3535 (resized).jpg
2D248BF6-69D8-4060-8CDB-4C13B1B9EC28 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2966 (resized).JPG
IMG_2965 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3931 posts in topic. You are on page 15 of 79.
#702 1 year ago

Huh. Did not see that one. Sucks that we get nickel and dimed to add protection and convenience.

#703 1 year ago

Do the Pinblades have an adhesive on them? Peel and stick?

#704 1 year ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Do the Pinblades have an adhesive on them? Peel and stick?

I think so. They just look like cut vinyl like the cabinet artwork. Never bought them though, so not totally sure.

#705 1 year ago

I don't understand installing the PBU kit

The diagram makes it look like you install it under the original plastic but that isn't possible since it is bolted in everywhere and would be uneven.

Never mind I see the post in the other thread from phbooms...

#706 1 year ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Potential improvement to fix Slimer hits. I made a wedge that fits inside under the Slimer ball so when the Slimer is hit from the side, the angle deflects it off the actuator plate. Then I added a spacer on top of the ball so you can but the plastic back on and tighten it down to hold the wedge in place. Play testing now.

Anybody interested in this simple mod for the first build of the Slimer mechanism?

#707 1 year ago

Tim, does you Slimer mod help it face center? Mine and others I have seen are twisted to the left.

#708 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Tim, does you Slimer mod help it face center? Mine and others I have seen are twisted to the left.

I don't think so. I think it is how Stern put the wire through and how well it fit in the cutout underneath him. Mine is straight.

image_(resized).jpeg

#709 1 year ago

PBU outlane plastics in action.In .25 slow motion.They work!.Not from my machine.Only showing the clear lane guards.Several options are available in the kit.I edited a fellow pinsiders(Bond_Gadget_007)machine video and slowed it down.....

Kit here= http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4255

Video 1 here= » YouTube video

Video 2 here= » YouTube video

Video 3 full speed showing plenty of room for ball in outlane here= » YouTube video

#710 1 year ago

Anyone planning to make a small clear set like the PBR, but without the center section, super bands, and green options? Seems a clear set that just overs the outlane would be a cheap alternative.

#711 1 year ago

or just DIY
i'm still experiencing some ideas, but if needeed will go in a shop making/cutting some "plexy" and ask them just what i want...

IMGP1679_(resized).JPG

IMGP1678_(resized).JPG

IMGP1677_(resized).JPG

#712 1 year ago

also :

IMGP1675_(resized).JPG

IMGP1672_(resized).JPG

IMGP1669_(resized).JPG

#713 1 year ago

Can't you just raise the outlane wire guides or are they too short?

Quoted from jeffsgames:

Anyone planning to make a small clear set like the PBR, but without the center section, super bands, and green options? Seems a clear set that just overs the outlane would be a cheap alternative.

#714 1 year ago

I can not fix "new" Slimer mech for the life of me. Mine looks exactly like the picture in this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/10#post-3161251

The bottom of the cable hits the front of the assembly too easily since it is sort of tilted forward. I tried to straighten it up but it doesn't stay and i am not even sure a zip tie would help.

Does anyone have an overly sensitive newer Slimer mech that they were able to adjust?

(I feel like Stern could easily adjust this in software as well since the switch hits so rapidly on hard hits when you test it.)

#715 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

yes, all it take for outlane hops

#716 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yes, all it take for outlane hops

Exactly, very easy 5 minute fix. I shake my head every time I read about these over the top plastics to stop lane jumping.

#717 1 year ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Anyone else get their GB pinblades shipped from Stern like this? Seems like there could be a better method.

Mine didn't come with a Coke Zero.

#718 1 year ago

Quoted from Kevlar:

Exactly, very easy 5 minute fix. I shake my head every time I read about these over the top plastics to stop lane jumping.

well, seing how the ball is jumping on some cases, it would not be OK at 100%
of course suppose it's linked on how the game is setup, as the slope & coils power...
i've noticed that most of the time, on mine pin, it's the "central" small wire guide that make ball jumping, than may be something to do there

#719 1 year ago

the scoleri springs mod. Does any one have the dimensions/specifications of these as a $2 spring set will cost $50 to post to oz. Maybe these are standard pinball springs from b/w or the like. thanks.

By the way, the stern manual for LE does not have a pop up target breakdown drawing anywhere.

#720 1 year ago

i've said this like 100's of times, and I think people don't know what the hell i'm talking about. They would rather throw money at mods, since mods is all they know.

#721 1 year ago

I suspect lifting the wireguides could result in damage later on

If there isn't enough of the wire in the actual playfield it could knock loose a bit, wiggle for a while, make the wood all gnarly & finally strip it's way out

Ya might chip the paint lifting it out too BTW

The only legit fix is Stern making the wire lane taller.

#722 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i've said this like 100's of times, and I think people don't know what the hell i'm talking about. They would rather throw money at mods, since mods is all they know.

Actually, I think people would rather expect Stern to have already acknowledged this problem and ship their games set up the correct way from the factory, rather then hammer some shit on their playfield to fix this issue. Sad there is a "mod" for this design problem to begin with. If someone is hammering on their new pinball machine and causes a problem, I doubt Stern will be there to fix or replace whatever was damaged while trying to raise the guides. Just my $0.02

#723 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

I suspect lifting the wireguides could result in damage later on
If there isn't enough of the wire in the actual playfield it could knock loose a bit, wiggle for a while, make the wood all gnarly & finally strip it's way out
Ya might chip the paint lifting it out too BTW
The only legit fix is Stern making the wire lane taller.

but how do you know how much wire you have? Have you looked under there? I've seen factory wire guides sticking out the bottom 1/4" before. You really only need to go halfway into the playfield to be effective. Anything more is overkill. If they are already only half way into the playfield, and there isn't any more room. Then yes, Stern Fawked up, and needs to make them 1/2" longer.

#724 1 year ago

My outlane guides went right through the playfield till flush with the underside. I knocked them back through only about 1/8", if that. That was all it took to stop the jumping. Same with the little guides between the inlanes.

#725 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Stern Fawked up, and needs to make them 1/2" longer.

Its pretty clear Stern F'd up & designed or received shorter wire guides.

There's no way one new guy in the assembly line is to blame for every playfield.

"Hey new guy. Dont hammer those in so far"

#726 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

There's no way one new guy in the assembly line is to blame for every playfield.

Bigger Hammer

#727 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

they have a rig system to install those. If the rig was made wrong and allowed them to go in farther than they should, it could happen. I've seen it on B/W games.

#728 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they have a rig system to install those. If the rig was made wrong and allowed them to go in farther than they should, it could happen. I've seen it on B/W games.

That's even worse if you're right

Because ya gotta ask... why is it still happening?

#729 1 year ago

Well,poo! The only pins i've played were early Pro's,and have the ineffectual wire guides! So,i just got the upgrade kit!Guess i don't really need them,but that middle post seemed to solve middle drain problems,Yes? Or is it just sissy?

#730 1 year ago

There are also some issues on the playfield, with ghosting inserts, across all GB models.

See this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/6#post-3198661

#731 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

My outlane guides went right through the playfield till flush with the underside. I knocked them back through only about 1/8", if that. That was all it took to stop the jumping. Same with the little guides between the inlanes.

done here too, lets see how it goes (even if i didnt remove my DIY plastics... )

btw, another idea is to completly change these type of guides, as (for example) the ones in JUDGE DREDD

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/images/1322/image-7.jpg

may be another mod idea... or even better, a free replacement provided by STERN to all GB customers...

#732 1 year ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Pinball life springs fixed the scoreli brothers. They dont brick anymore and drop easily with any contact. Longer spring in picture is old spring and way weaker then new spring

Quoted from Ballypin:

Feel the same way too about the drop targets...they pop up and crap, here comes a drain. I figured it was worth $ 2 to order the springs with the PBU plastic kit. Also ordered the mod power board to run the Mezel under cab leds (should work to power the ColorDMD display for SIGMA green) and also got the shooter lane SS protector plate.

Just received our springs. They feel way too strong. I fear the targets won't reset properly over time with them on. Wonder if there's a happy middle someplace. Have the decided to re-invent the drop target every time they make a machine?

#733 1 year ago
Quoted from Knox_Amusement:

Just received our springs. They feel way too strong. I fear the targets won't reset properly over time with them on. Wonder if there's a happy middle someplace. Have the decided to re-invent the drop target every time they make a machine?

Stretch 'em a little!

#734 1 year ago
Quoted from Knox_Amusement:

At first the left drop target on mine would pop up and any movement on table would make it drop but after week or so of playing the target works right. The springs must stretch out some after they get some game time. Maybe can put the drop targets in up position overnight to help springs stretch quicker.

2 weeks later
#735 1 year ago

Managed to finally fix my "new" Slimer mech. It took a zip tie to do and looks ugly as hell but he will not register at all to the pops or vigorous shaking and registers great with clean hits.

My only remaining issue is the diverter switch for the left ramp to the Storage Facility. It activates any time a clean orbit shot or plunge happens as well as when it should (Storage Facility locks, starting modes.) It didn't seem to be a problem at first but the overworking seems to make it not work after a lot of games if I don't unplug and replug the machine or go into diagnostics menu and force it to work in the coil test. Maybe something in that switch assembly is becoming magnetized? Not sure how to investigate it further or if part if it is a software bug. Any ideas or anyone seen this?

#736 1 year ago

The diverter rarely works on the one we play on location. Some have suggested it is an issue with the top switch of 3 on the left ramp.

#737 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The diverter rarely works on the one we play on location. Some have suggested it is an issue with the top switch of 3 on the left ramp.

Try moving the diverter flap with your hand so that the bracket is closer to the coil. Then move the ball up the ramp and see if the diverter moves.

#738 1 year ago

I installed the PBL upgraded springs on the Scoleri brothers targets and they drop 100% of the time now. We shall be how long the drop or the drop lip holds up with the increased spring strength.

#739 1 year ago

Whatever you do don't install the upgraded springs from PBL on the Scoleri targets. Drops are machine gunning because the spring tension is to much.

#740 1 year ago

Can you stretch 'em a bit first and make them work?

#741 1 year ago

Has anyone tried the old Metallica fix? Use the original springs and just pull them up and hook into the 3rd or 4th winding of the spring.

#742 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Has anyone tried the old Metallica fix? Use the original springs and just pull them up and hook into the 3rd or 4th winding of the spring.

It's been said many times... But some people insist on buying stuff...

#743 1 year ago

So the original springs that are installed on the targets are the stronger blue springs. This is the same spring installed on the woodburry drop target in TWD. I have tried moving up a couple windings but there wasn't a change. I did stretch the PBL springs a little because I felt the tension would break the hook on the drop target. They are pretty powerful. Well about 60 games later there is an issue with the targets machine gunning. At this point people can live with just backhanding the targets.

#744 1 year ago
Quoted from exflexer:

...with just backhanding the targets.

and so, i (quite) always do as it, the 1st reason from my player POV its because its safe shooting that way

#745 1 year ago

Couple issues out of the box I would appreciate advice on.

1. Both ramps had trouble registering some shots out of the box. In switch test they seemed to always register, I adjusted them out a bit and the problem seems to have gone away, but I have noticed other shots just not registering at times. I am going to keep and eye on it. Just wondering if this is a typical spike thing.

2. The left scoop. Out of the box, hit perfect on the right flipper. Progressively as I played the contact point started drifitng left until every shoot was SDTM (well angled down the middle, but you get the idea). As a quick fix I bent the guide an unnoticeable amount and it was perfect again. 10 games later it was SDTM again.

I have tuned scoops on may games before and have varying success. There seems to be 3 options, don't know which is the best option.
1. What I have been doing. Try to reshape the guide. It appears it is still getting broken in, maybe it will settle and be consistent in the future.
2. Adjust the coil strength. Looks like this would work. It I increase the strength I can hit the right again. Decrease and I can get it to hit left flipper or top of sling. Don't really want to increase and it seems the design is to hit right side.
3. Adjust via mounting hardware. I was too busy playing to look at the construction. Not sure if is adjustable by loosing mounting screws. I will look this weekend.

#746 1 year ago

Number 1 - issue has been noted before. This is evident in gameplay when hitting the left scoop and it doesn't always award you the shot but it will kick the ball out. This has to be a coding thinh.
Number 2 - adjust the kickout power down to 20 to kick to top left sling

#747 1 year ago

It's supposed to kick it to the right flipper.

I've only had one issue with my LE. If I shoot the main ramp and it doesn't make it out the exit you can see it rolling back and forth in the subway. Eventually it will fall sideways into the lock shot but if it takes to long to do that the game freezes up then the screen says resetting and the whole game resets.

#748 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitch:

It's supposed to kick it to the right flipper.
I've only had one issue with my LE. If I shoot the main ramp and it doesn't make it out the exit you can see it rolling back and forth in the subway. Eventually it will fall sideways into the lock shot but if it takes to long to do that the game freezes up then the screen says resetting and the whole game resets.

quite strange, as if ball passed OK the higher point, should than bring/have enough speed to finish in the inlane...
what about putting some more slope on yours ?

#749 1 year ago

It's only happened twice and they were rough rattling shots. Didn't mind as the lock trough will kick it out eventually. Just weird it causes the game to crash and reset.

#750 1 year ago

I had an air ball that amazingly landed in the subway. It just rolled back and forth a bit, maybe 10 seconds, then got kicked out and kept going. I drained shortly after.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 5,599.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 29.95
$ 9.95
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 11.99
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 3931 posts in topic. You are on page 15 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside