By exflexer

1 year ago

Stats

• 3,660 posts
  • 442 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Spelunk71
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 578 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171205_075840 (resized).jpg
IMG_2744 (resized).jpg
slimer optos (resized).png
gb-slimer opto-wheel (resized).png
slimer mech2 (resized).jpg
76955886-C51B-4551-A21A-392CB94D31E1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20171110_205619 (resized).jpg
slimertestfailed (resized).jpg
19249931_10159661305845061_1793762682_o (resized).jpg
slimer mech2 (resized).jpg
IMG_3165 (resized).jpg
IMG_3160 (resized).jpg
IMG_3162 (resized).jpg
IMG_4264 (resized).JPG
IMG_4263 (resized).JPG
IMG_3956 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3660 posts in topic. You are on page 13 of 74.
#601 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I get the plunge issue as well. Slimer is false registering again. It was ok a week ago. Will have to get the final version of the fix at some point.

See post 63 (I think). Apparently replace with red spring fixes launch issues.

#602 1 year ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I'll check it out, thanks.

#603 1 year ago

On a positive note - I played my GB a bunch yesterday - with absolutely zero issues. I did re-seat the slimer mech (easy 5 minute fix), but other than that haven't done anything other than play it. I do notice that the machine seems to settle in after around 100 plays. Airballs off drop targets have almost completely disappeared, and it's been a while since I've had a ball jump over the outlane.

#604 1 year ago
Quoted from PartyKing:

I do notice that the machine seems to settle in after around 100 plays. Airballs off drop targets have almost completely disappeared, and it's been a while since I've had a ball jump over the outlane.

I tried telling people that 3 weeks ago ... but instead got shouted down about how the game is too hard, poorly designed, needs a centre post, bigger flippers, etc, etc.

Meanwhile on route, the game is doing great, and players are posting billion plus scores on location.

#605 1 year ago

My games been playing good with tightened up springs on scoreli drop targets and washers added to slimer. Slimer reads 8 out of 10 good hits now average and drop targets drop without bricking ball over flippers now. The wire rail for book stacking has needed bent out 2x and is bent now but not trapping ball anymore, wondering if the wire rail on other side has bent alittle now but havent checked.

Gameplay is great when fully in the zone and tough as hell when not fully focused. 1 billion point games 2x on my table so far.

Now wheres that 1.05 code update?

#606 1 year ago

I do have a pretty big dent(?) in my playfield from an airball in front of the Terror Dog drop target. Kind of makes the ball wobble a little if it is going slowly. I guess that is just a normal part of the playfield getting broken in but it kind of sucks a little.

#607 1 year ago
Quoted from tpir:

I do have a pretty big dent(?) in my playfield from an airball in front of the Terror Dog drop target. Kind of makes the ball wobble a little if it is going slowly. I guess that is just a normal part of the playfield getting broken in but it kind of sucks a little.

you will have a boatload of little dimples after 50-100 games. as you go on longer they'll all even out. I was panicking a little when i first noticed this, since I am a first time NIB buyer. ive been told now over and over, its normal.

#608 1 year ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

you will have a boatload of little dimples after 50-100 games. as you go on longer they'll all even out. I was panicking a little when i first noticed this, since I am a first time NIB buyer. ive been told now over and over, its normal.

yeah i have those too, this one is like really huge though. maybe it shipped that way and i didn't notice but it is a pretty noticeable dimple that is bigger than the normal ones.

#609 1 year ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I tried telling people that 3 weeks ago ... but instead got shouted down about how the game is too hard, poorly designed, needs a centre post, bigger flippers, etc, etc.
Meanwhile on route, the game is doing great, and players are posting billion plus scores on location.

Just did my second week collection and GB is still going strong. I'm curious what the weekly norm will be in a little while, but for now things are going well.

I also posted a "Bounty for a Billion" on my FB and web page. Current GC is 848m, and the bounty is $10 at the bar for the person who breaks a billion first. It's just supposed to be fun and will give some credit for the first player to do that locally.

I dropped the power from the left kickout last night as well. Now it delivers the ball to the left side easily instead of the 90% safe delivery to the right flipper.

#610 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I dropped the power from the left kickout last night as well. Now it delivers the ball to the left side easily instead of the 90% safe delivery to the right flipper.

Interesting. Good to know if mine ever starts not giving it to the right flipper.

#611 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Interesting. Good to know if mine ever starts not giving it to the right flipper.

I know every machine will be different, but for me, 25 was too much (was delivering it to the flipper tip), 20 was to the top sling post rubber area. Mine is set to 22 or 23, which feeds along the front of the sling for a nice catch just like the Whirlwind we have does.

#612 1 year ago
Quoted from flyusa007:

I'm having this same problem too! If I full plunge hard it always hits like stay puff or something and comes down the right orbit. I just don't plunge as hard and it will go around like it's supposed to ever time.

Sounds like the same thing that happened on Transformers - a hard plunge would make the ball fly up and hit Ironhide. The game might need a little "car port" type plastic installed to keep the ball from hopping on hard plunges.

#613 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I know every machine will be different, but for me, 25 was too much (was delivering it to the flipper tip), 20 was to the top sling post rubber area. Mine is set to 22 or 23, which feeds along the front of the sling for a nice catch just like the Whirlwind we have does.

Thank you, that left kickout drain was really starting to p÷€× me off.

#614 1 year ago

Can some of you that have the pin at home comment on the fan noise. I mean how loud is it really. My games are in a small room and if that thing is humming all the time it could be a problem.

#615 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Can some of you that have the pin at home comment on the fan noise. I mean how loud is it really. My games are in a small room and if that thing is humming all the time it could be a problem.

I find it no more annoying than the transformer hum of other machines.

#616 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

There are many many posts & threads on this, with people installing new fans or something to that effect. My basememnt is a good size, most the time the TV is on in the background, and I have literally never heard the fan. I was play testing mine today with no other audio in the room, and did not hear it. And that;s with the game turned down to a "low" volume; this thing is obscenely loud.

#617 1 year ago

Ya , I have read the posts regarding installing quieter fans. Just wanted to see what others thought about the noise level. My space is essentially the extra bed room so it has space for 3 pins and the couch and the noise could be annoying in that space.

#618 1 year ago

The wire ball gate leading up to "Who brought the dog" (to the right of the captive ball)--mine is really rigid. The ball passes through it but it doesn't fall back down. Does this need to be bent or is that just how it is?

Also just to clarify other posts I've seen--the EOS switch errors are going to be fixed with an update? My left side (switch 11) is giving an error but looks to be fine.

#619 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

The wire ball gate leading up to "Who brought the dog" (to the right of the captive ball)--mine is really rigid. The ball passes through it but it doesn't fall back down. Does this need to be bent or is that just how it is?

That's the way it should work. It should let the ball UP but the gate is there to stop it coming STDM. The gate (well, half gate) will force the ball to the right, and down to the right flipper.

#620 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Mine is in the basement but my bar where you sit is only like 6 feet from the fan i dont have an issue with it . I sleep with a fan on if that helps lol.

#621 1 year ago

If memory serves me correctly RareHero's favorite game is TF

#622 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

If memory serves me correctly RareHero's favorite game is TF

Yup - TF, Xmen and ST are my ultimate trilogy .........

OF SHITTY GAMES I DON'T MISS AT ALL!

#623 1 year ago

I miss all those rants about hitting Optimus Prime in the dick with a pinball

Pinside was simpler back then lol

#624 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Also just to clarify other posts I've seen--the EOS switch errors are going to be fixed with an update? My left side (switch 11) is giving an error but looks to be fine.

I had a problem with one of my EOS switches. It too "looked fine", but had an intermittent contact problem. I just replaced it and game has been perfect since.

#625 1 year ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Added this fix to the list.

#626 1 year ago

Stern posted the 1.05 software for the LE's the other day. The LE's are coming!!!!!

#627 1 year ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Added this fix to the list.

My plunger already has a red spring though if that is what is being discussed. And even if I replaced it the auto plunge doesn't use the spring so it would still happen on ball saves and at the beginning of multiball. I need a real fix with whatever is being collided with.

Also after about 50 games my Book Stacking ball guide is bent badly and the ball is stuck. Has the extra ball fix been working for people?

#628 1 year ago
Quoted from tpir:

Has the extra ball fix been working for people?

Good question I'd like to know...I've just been bending it back with a screwdriver.

Confirmed I had a bad node board, Stern sending out another one.

#629 1 year ago

I have the extra ball fix for the book stacking. the guide has a slight curve to it from prior, but it has not progressed (at least that i have noticed) since i added the extra ball.

#630 1 year ago

PRO code update (v1.05) is up now:
http://sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-ghostbusters-pro

PRO V1.05 - May 13, 2016
========================
New:
- Added a River of Slime Feature. Each time you shoot the right orbit you will
build the value and start a timer on the right eject. Shooting the right
eject will collect the built value.
- Storage Facility will now light for one lock on 10, 30, and 50 ghost caught.
- Collecting ghost will show how many needed to light Storage Facility.
- Added an adjustment to allow speech to be censored.
- Added Speech to super jackpot
- Added Speech to We came we saw start
Fixes:
- Bonus Held would give extra bonus if on ball 3 and the player had an extra
ball.
- Changed the name of SPEECH and MUSIC VOLUME adjustments to SPEECH and MUSIC
ATTENUATION
- Removed Backbox and Cabinet volume adjustments
- 0X bonus multiplier will no longer be awarded from the pop bumpers.
- Removed two switches reporting false errors.
Tweaks:
- Flippers are turned off during Negative Reinforcement
- When Negative Reinforcement stops doubling the message reflects this.

#631 1 year ago

Mine arrived with a bad Node 1 (cabinet node) board. Was very pleasantly surprised by how friendly and quick the support process was. I was fully expecting to be stuck in the infinite loop of no one taking responsibility for a problem. The only thing they could be better on is being able to provide live support off-hours in some capacity.

Here's hoping I get the new board before this weekend. I actively avoid the room with the machine because I want to play it but can't....

#632 1 year ago
Quoted from jmpinball:

Here's hoping I get the new board before this weekend.

How long have you been waiting?

#633 1 year ago
Quoted from tpir:

My plunger already has a red spring though if that is what is being discussed. And even if I replaced it the auto plunge doesn't use the spring so it would still happen on ball saves and at the beginning of multiball. I need a real fix with whatever is being collided with.
Also after about 50 games my Book Stacking ball guide is bent badly and the ball is stuck. Has the extra ball fix been working for people?

I forgot to check my audits last night, but I put in a second ball before the first game was played on it. I didn't notice a curve when playing yesterday. Didn't get right over it to see if it's perfect, but the captive ball was working for sure.

#634 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I forgot to check my audits last night, but I put in a second ball before the first game was played on it. I didn't notice a curve when playing yesterday. Didn't get right over it to see if it's perfect, but the captive ball was working for sure.

Yeah I don't care if it curves, because it's going to no matter what, just that it's functional.

#635 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How long have you been waiting?

Setup the machine on Saturday. Talked to them this week, so I am likely being too optimistic.

#636 1 year ago
Quoted from jmpinball:

Setup the machine on Saturday. Talked to them this week, so I am likely being too optimistic.

Cool just post back when you get it so we can time it. They told me today they'd "send mine out" so just curious.

#637 1 year ago
Quoted from PinB:

PRO code update (v1.05) is up now:
http://sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-ghostbusters-pro
PRO V1.05 - May 13, 2016
========================

- Removed two switches reporting false errors.

...and after updating, both of my tech alerts about switches are gone. Neat.

#638 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

...and after updating, both of my tech alerts about switches are gone. Neat.

I believe the two alerts were the Ecto Goggles switch and right ramp exit? I had the same two on mine after the 1.04 update. before that there were over 40 alerts!

#639 1 year ago
Quoted from jmpinball:

I feel your pain man that sucks but you will get it fixed and play the hell out of that game,love me some gb

#640 1 year ago

I have finally read through this entire thread and wanted to make a comment about the "Updated Slimer Mech". I too feel like the overall design of the crimped wire could have been hidden better but I had an idea with how they left it. What about someone printing a sticker that looks like the doors of the ghost trap to stick on the top plate of Slimer and maybe use some black or silver touch up paint to make the wire look like the handle? Just some food for thought on that. What do you think?

Can't wait to get my premium!!!

#641 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Appreciate the info. I also don't care if mine curves at all I just want it to work.

#642 1 year ago
Quoted from tpir:

People are replacing the red/orange spring with a green one. The ball seems to be hitting the bottom of stay puft then doesn't make it around the orbit.

#643 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Cool just post back when you get it so we can time it. They told me today they'd "send mine out" so just curious.

Today. Took them 2 days. Super impressed.

#644 1 year ago
Quoted from jmpinball:

Today. Took them 2 days. Super impressed.

Not too optimistic after all!

#645 1 year ago
Quoted from exflexer:

People are replacing the red/orange spring with a green one. The ball seems to be hitting the bottom of stay puft then doesn't make it around the orbit.

Thank you, that makes sense. I wish there was a way to turn down the auto-plunge power in the options menu...

I can't complain though the game plays amazing not counting these minor issues. And the first one (book stacking captive ball) took less than 5 minutes to fix.

#646 1 year ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Misspelling on playfield still there. Tons of airballs off Scoleri bros, couple of lane jumps (not too bad) and Slimer registers everything.

Have you done anything to fix slimer? I notice your Slimer mech looks like mine does where it is straight-ish but definitely not perpendicular through the assembly. Mine registers even tiny table shakes and will sometimes double hit on a solid hit. I don't mind it being easier versus annoyingly impossible since the modes are the meat of the game but I would like to fix it if possible.

#647 1 year ago

Grrrr . So last night my autoplunger goes totally limp. It will repeatedly kick the ball about 1 inch up the shooter lane. I don't mind manually plunging, but it sucks ass during a multi-ball. Chaz kind of walked me through a node board swap, but not really sure I want something else not to work now.

Thought I was over major surgery out of the box after my GOT Premium woes.

#648 1 year ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Grrrr . So last night my autoplunger goes totally limp. It will repeatedly kick the ball about 1 inch up the shooter lane. I don't mind manually plunging, but it sucks ass during a multi-ball. Chaz kind of walked me through a node board swap, but not really sure I want something else not to work now.

lift the playfield and check to see it's missing a screw at the pivot point. I've seen this happen...

#649 1 year ago
Quoted from tpir:

Have you done anything to fix slimer? I notice your Slimer mech looks like mine does where it is straight-ish but definitely not perpendicular through the assembly. Mine registers even tiny table shakes and will sometimes double hit on a solid hit. I don't mind it being easier versus annoyingly impossible since the modes are the meat of the game but I would like to fix it if possible.

Nothing yet. I haven't noticed any phantom hits but I haven't put a whole of time on my game (had to go to Benton to check out the Domino's progress and now I'm gone for the weekend). I'll check if shakes or nudges register next week. Do you think just making it perpendicular will solve it?

#650 1 year ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

I'll check if shakes or nudges register next week. Do you think just making it perpendicular will solve it?

For sure. The cable is too close to the front of the actuator plate, so he doesn't register side glances improperly, but anything dead-on double registers. The ball rolling into him slowly from behind out of the pops is enough for a hit to register and sometimes the wobble from the pops going off will too. A weak nudge forward on the table registers about 90% of the time.

It might be easiest to zip the top part of the cable snugly into place. Going to take the glass off tomorrow and mess with it some.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 202.00
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St Louis, MO
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 11.99
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 3660 posts in topic. You are on page 13 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside