By exflexer

2 years ago

Stats

• 3,931 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by WolfManCat
  • Topic is favorited by 135 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 613 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

large (resized).jpg
slimer opto (resized).JPG
bat_step2 (resized).jpg
bat_step1 (resized).jpg
pic6 (resized).jpg
IMG_3532 (resized).JPG
IMG_3533 (resized).jpg
IMG_3530 (resized).JPG
IMG_1210 (resized).JPG
IMG_1211 (resized).JPG
IMG_3521 (resized).jpg
IMG_3538 (resized).JPG
IMG_3535 (resized).jpg
2D248BF6-69D8-4060-8CDB-4C13B1B9EC28 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2966 (resized).JPG
IMG_2965 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3931 posts in topic. You are on page 12 of 79.
#551 1 year ago

I am having Node #9 Node brd issues as well. I swapped out the brd at Stern last week and now it is doing it again. About every 3 hrs it resets itself and works fine for about 3 games and dies... calling Stern again today but glad Im not the only one.

#552 1 year ago

I have not heard from pu ,this is just what I understood from others on pinside

#553 1 year ago
Quoted from tpir:

Did you make the same Slimer adjustment in this thread with moving the cable?

I used a 5/16", removed cover to Slimer mechanism, re-positioned cable over the harness (centered) and reassembled. If I skim Slimer he won't register, but anything I consider a hit registers. Thanks to whoever suggested relocating the cable.

#554 1 year ago

Pu means Pinball Universe, they design this kit

#555 1 year ago

With the Slimer cable it seems they should have used a tensioner like a bike brake cable. Spin the wheel and adjust cable sensitivity.

bike_cable_tightening_(resized).jpg

#556 1 year ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I used a 5/16", removed cover to Slimer mechanism, re-positioned cable over the harness (centered) and reassembled.

I did the same. I removed a pin from the LED connector and ran the cable right between the wires. Slimer works fine, no phantom hits or hits from grazing him. My game is on location, hundreds of plays later it is still good.

#557 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Installed today my pu kit. There are 2 ways to install it. With or without middelpost. Works great, but i leave the middelpostplastic

So many ball spin roll overs.. SO happy to see someone did something about this.

#558 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I don't understand why they would not ship to usa,just charge more for shipping and we will pay and they will make more money

paperwork... additional handling.. more effort... maybe tax reasons...

#559 1 year ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

With the Slimer cable it seems they should have used a tensioner like a bike brake cable. Spin the wheel and adjust cable sensitivity.

I believe the new mechanism uses something similar to this idea.

#560 1 year ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

I am having Node #9 Node brd issues as well. I swapped out the brd at Stern last week and now it is doing it again. About every 3 hrs it resets itself and works fine for about 3 games and dies... calling Stern again today but glad Im not the only one.

Oh I didn't even think of it but all node 9s are the same? I could swap my GOT out with GB?

#561 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Pu means Pinball Universe, they design this kit

I can pay you via paypal for the cost of shipping and the kit if you want to help out some pinball brothers across the pond

#562 1 year ago

If I can get them to ship to me in the UK I would be more than happy to get a bunch sent to me and fire them out to people state side if needed, no problem at all helping fellow pinheads across the pond.

#563 1 year ago

They are having me bring in my machine into them to work on since they are not sure what's going on. Since Im close it's not a big deal. I'll repost when I hear something.

#564 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

If I can get them to ship to me in the UK I would be more than happy to get a bunch sent to me and fire them out to people state side if needed, no problem at all helping fellow pinheads across the pond.

That would be amazing. I desperately need this mod haha.

#565 1 year ago

Too make this clear, the lightning bats are not in the kit.

Here you see whats in the kit

http://pinball-universe.de/ghostbusters-pro-pu-upgrade-kit

#566 1 year ago

I'd be very interested in this mod if Stern really isn't doing anything about it.

#567 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

JonM

I'm in for one. Any rough idea what the cost of the kit is including shipping to the UK and then to the US ?

#568 1 year ago

can we get it without the center post? that is just silly.

#569 1 year ago

Shipping from germany to usa is 36€ , that is really a lot

#570 1 year ago

So, if my math is correct, this kit is approximately $ 42.56 USD + $ 40.32 shipping USD from Germany to US ??

#571 1 year ago

Okay I've sent an email asking for a bulk buy/discount, price shipped to me in the UK, I also have a step brother who lives in Germany who could always get them sent to him and forward them to me or simply forward them on himself per details I provide him.

What I could do with knowing is how many people are interested in the kit? So if/when they reply I can give them an accurate number of kits required and hopefully sort out a bulk buy that makes it cheaper for you guys in the states to get these on your pins

#572 1 year ago

How about the lighted flippers also

#573 1 year ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

can we get it without the center post? that is just silly.

You don't have to install the center post if you don't want to. The center post thing is really dumb. The people actually installing a center post in their game is ever dumber. Sometimes pinball is hard.

#574 1 year ago
Quoted from exflexer:

You don't have to install the center post if you don't want to. The center post thing is really dumb. The people actually installing a center post in their game is ever dumber. Sometimes pinball is hard.

I personally wouldn't install the center post but I can see it as an option for those that have younger kids or inexperienced players owning the machine to increase ball times. I don't think that decision is "dumb". Interesting mod...good work.

#575 1 year ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Sorry we are all not as talented and as good at pinball as you

#576 1 year ago

I think my ramp diverter didnt work. I tested it in the coil test menu, when enter it(left ramp diverter) the left gate is activated. Is that correct ? I didnt find a test for the gate. curious, or how to test if the diverter is doing right ??

Thanks

#577 1 year ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

Using crutches won't make you better. The "play better" response is snarky and kind of annoying, but in all honesty, pinball is more fun if you learn how to play better.

#578 1 year ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Then why do I have to pay for it or for the plastic that it attaches to? they need to just sell the lane extenders

#579 1 year ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Then why do I have to pay for it or for the plastic that it attaches to? they need to just sell the lane extenders

Yes that would be the best thing, also no need of the superbands

#580 1 year ago

I think the center post is an awesome idea. personally I love it. I think all of you should do it. Because years from now, when real players buy your machines. They will need those playfields restored and fixed. It's a win win situation for me. 5 years from now, I can see a flood of GB playfields heading my way. You would be surprised how many TZ and BSD fields i've had to fix for people with surprise center post "mods".

One of my favorites was a TZ with posts added to the middle of the outlanes as well. That guy probably thought he was the best pinball player on the planet.

#581 1 year ago

If you look closely at that mod, the post attaches to the plastic. Looks like the playfield is untouched and not drilled.

#582 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

If you look closely at that mod, the post attaches to the plastic. Looks like the playfield is untouched and not drilled.

Only a moron would drill the playfield. You are right, its suspended on a plastic.

#583 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Only a moron would drill the playfield. You are right, its suspended on a plastic.

I bought a SilverBall Mania quite a few years ago which the owner super glued posts in the outlanes.

#584 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

My GB pro will be here today. It's going out on location and this location has some picky pinball players. If the games aren't registering shots I hear about it ( I have my phone number on my games so customers can report issues directly to me) so everytime I get a call about slimmer I will be calling stern. I'm sure after 5-10 times of me pestering them they will send me a new slimmer mech. You know what they say, sqeeky wheel gets the grease.

Slimmer_(resized).jpg

#586 1 year ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

What happened with this?

On my end, talked to Chaz and it seems there are 2 identical node 9 boards in GB (?), so I guess I can switch them and see if that helps isolate the ISSUE.

#587 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Slimmer, slimmer, slimmer

And for the record SLIMMER

#588 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Slimmer, slimmer, slimmer
And for the record SLIMMER

Slimslimmy_(resized).jpg

#589 1 year ago

I dropped off my game this morning and they worked on it for a few and found a staple stuck in the harness causing the short. I would look for any staples holding the harness and see if it happened to you. I am picking the game up in the morning.

#590 1 year ago

If slimer is slimmer than he must be on a diet and working out.
Good for him!

#591 1 year ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

If slimer is slimmer than he must be on a diet and working out.
Good for him!

I need to reconsider my diet

image_(resized).jpeg

#592 1 year ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

Hilarious!

#593 1 year ago

Only issue so far out of the box is a full plunge is hitting something around the right orbit gate behind Stay Puft. I can't tell if I need to bend the guide or if the ball is getting too much air and hitting the gate high (playfield is at 6.5° nothing fancy)

I can work around it but auto plunges are hard enough they end up stopping short and coming back down the right orbit instead of all the way around. Not the worst but it feels clunky.

#594 1 year ago
Quoted from tpir:

Only issue so far out of the box is a full plunge is hitting something around the right orbit gate behind Stay Puft. I can't tell if I need to bend the guide or if the ball is getting too much air and hitting the gate high (playfield is at 6.5° nothing fancy)
I can work around it but auto plunges are hard enough they end up stopping short and coming back down the right orbit instead of all the way around. Not the worst but it feels clunky.

I'm having this same problem too! If I full plunge hard it always hits like stay puff or something and comes down the right orbit. I just don't plunge as hard and it will go around like it's supposed to ever time. You are right about the auto plunge though. Sometimes auto plunge hits stay puff too and comes down right orbit. I have the old slimmer mechanism and I just took it apart and tightened the bolts and I'm super happy with how he works. My wire for the book stacking feature tried to bend in some so I bent it straight again. That's the only little things I have experienced on my new in box Pro GB. It's a crazy fun game and I can't stop playing it lol. Finally starting to get a feel for it and making some of the shots with consistency. It's a hard game but it does get better with practice and once you get a feel for your machine.

#595 1 year ago

This happened at first but had resolved itself after about the first hundred games. I learned how to short plunge and start a mode fast because of it! Haha

#596 1 year ago

I get the plunge issue as well. Slimer is false registering again. It was ok a week ago. Will have to get the final version of the fix at some point.

#597 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Okay I've sent an email asking for a bulk buy/discount, price shipped to me in the UK, I also have a step brother who lives in Germany who could always get them sent to him and forward them to me or simply forward them on himself per details I provide him.
What I could do with knowing is how many people are interested in the kit? So if/when they reply I can give them an accurate number of kits required and hopefully sort out a bulk buy that makes it cheaper for you guys in the states to get these on your pins

Hi thanks for this! I would take one. Cheers

#598 1 year ago

Pinball life will have the pinball universe kits in 2 weeks

#599 1 year ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Pinball life will have the pinball universe kits in 2 weeks

Sick!!!

#600 1 year ago
Quoted from exflexer:

This happened at first but had resolved itself after about the first hundred games. I learned how to short plunge and start a mode fast because of it! Haha

I need someone to play the game while I look with the glass off because I can't even tell exactly what is happening. I do see Stay Puft wiggle now though when it happens so I assume it is getting too much air off the plunge and hitting him in the side?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Naters
$ 15.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 69.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3931 posts in topic. You are on page 12 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside