By exflexer

1 year ago

Stats

• 3,660 posts
  • 442 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Spelunk71
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 578 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171205_075840 (resized).jpg
IMG_2744 (resized).jpg
slimer optos (resized).png
gb-slimer opto-wheel (resized).png
slimer mech2 (resized).jpg
76955886-C51B-4551-A21A-392CB94D31E1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20171110_205619 (resized).jpg
slimertestfailed (resized).jpg
19249931_10159661305845061_1793762682_o (resized).jpg
slimer mech2 (resized).jpg
IMG_3165 (resized).jpg
IMG_3160 (resized).jpg
IMG_3162 (resized).jpg
IMG_4264 (resized).JPG
IMG_4263 (resized).JPG
IMG_3956 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3660 posts in topic. You are on page 11 of 74.
#501 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Hmmm.... When I called Chas @ stern last week with concerns about the Bent wire on the captive ball.He said someone sent him a picture of the bent wire."But the game we play all the time here @ stern is not bent".

hmmmm, yeah, right.
i played the game at the distributor, after 3 days and the wire form was so bent the captive ball didn't move.
i guess games are tested by Stevie Wonder.

#502 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Everyone fears taking money out of Gary's pocket to fix the problem.Because they fear losing their job for a engineering screw up.

not an engineering problem, a design problem and there's a few on this game

#503 1 year ago

Would it help (or even be possible) to install a rubber post sleeve right on the metal form where it is prone to bending? Would there be room for the captive ball to still move? Maybe bending the metal outwards, then putting a post rubber would prevent it from bending again. Just a thought.

#504 1 year ago

Misspelling on playfield still there. Tons of airballs off Scoleri bros, couple of lane jumps (not too bad) and Slimer registers everything.

#505 1 year ago

I'm not cancelling my LE order but jeez these quality control problems are getting off the chain I feel like I should but HELL that ain't happening

#506 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Would it help (or even be possible) to install a rubber post sleeve right on the metal form where it is prone to bending? Would there be room for the captive ball to still move? Maybe bending the metal outwards, then putting a post rubber would prevent it from bending again. Just a thought.

A rubber post sleeve would prevent the pinball from rolling to the target.

Adding a extra ball might help.But why does the consumer have too figure out a resolution?!

#507 1 year ago

Just got done playing mine for a little while. It is a fun game, and does have that one more game addictive feel. After I finished, I installed a shaker and rerubbered the playfield with Titan glow in the dark rubber. Looks great. One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the little topper thing that was included in the goody bag in the cabinet. That was a nice add.

#508 1 year ago

I bought 2 LE's! Woohoo!!
They will be superfun!!

#509 1 year ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Just got my GB today and if I'm reading the posts above correctly, it appears that I have the new Slimer.
Put an extra ball in the captive ball track next to the ghost target and I'm about to fire up my first game.

Congratulations on getting the improved slimer but lol, that's the "new" mech...? It looks like someone hacked that on location.

#510 1 year ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Misspelling on playfield still there. Tons of airballs off Scoleri bros, couple of lane jumps (not too bad) and Slimer registers everything.

Even soft hits?

#511 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Seriously, why is there a dangling wire up top, zip tied to a wire loom meant to *hide* wiring?
I do not think this is the final designed replacement mech.
This looks like a fixed version that was rigged to work on a previous playfield. Like they cut the wire right on the spot and installed the new mech, complete with a half ass crimp connector.
I bet we see a different iteration. This looks different then the mech that was on the Dead Flip LE video.. EDIT: looked back, and it looks the same.. complete with dangling wire on it.
Also,
Looked at the video again and saw the wireform on Stern's LE was so bent, the captive ball doesnt work. Got this screen grab. How was Dwight and JT sitting there playing a game with this problem, and not addressing it? This is the problem and right where this will cause an issue, I circled where the ball was repeatedly hitting and where it just happens to be severely bent where the captive ball couldn't register:

I noticed that too and mentioned it a few pages back about the captive ball, if you watched the video, not certain when it happens, but at some point they are hitting the captive ball with direct hits and the ball does not move and never registers a hit. I think this occurs in the first half of the video and no one notices or mentions it but I suppose that's not the function of that video to point out the problems.

#512 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

that might be the jankiest looking hack I have ever seen on a factory game. Cripes! People were complaining about what that cover looked like before. I think it's more important for a game to work right than look right, but couldn't they do better than that???

[edit]I agree 100% that correct function is more important and am very happy to see Stern act on improving the mechanism so fast. [edit]

[when editing it took away my original post... damn... here's me trying to recreate it...]

I'm sure some modders will come up with elegant ways to integrate this. Perhaps using EL wire like shown in the below two links... but with one EL wire actually wired into the slimer mechanism (replacing where the crimp connector is) so that a clean hit actually activates the EL wire and gives a nice visual that the hit registered.

See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/6#post-3145572 and https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-mod-development-thread-by-mezelmods/page/3#post-3143418

#513 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Does your playfield have the misspelling? I got GB today also. Have the old slimmer and misspelled reinforcement

Would any of you "Slimmer" guys have known 'reinforcement' was misspelled if someone had not told you so?

#514 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Would any of you "Slimmer" guys have known 'reinforcement' was misspelled if someone had not told you so?

You don't understand. Slimer went on a diet and now he is slimmer.

#515 1 year ago

Exposed wires and connectors are a problem? Pretty common to pinball if you ask me. I would be happy if the mech works more than if it looks good. Not exactly hard to cover something like that up if it bothers you. I take it as good news that Stern is quickly working on issues.

#516 1 year ago

When I first saw the new design I thought, "hmm not a bad hack by a pinsider to fix an issue". Then I read that's how it comes from the factory? That's ugly as sin. My suggestion to help hide it somewhat would be to use some black heat shrink over the blade connector and move it up as far as you can to the slimer wire so that it still functions. Then shrink it. At least that would help mask most of it. Honestly who uses a red connector on an all black part??

#517 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

To be fair, iOS corrects Slimer as Slimmer, so it can be quite annoying.

#518 1 year ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Even soft hits?

I've only played a dozen or so games on the old style but this new style registers every hit so far. Even glancing shots.

#519 1 year ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

To be fair, iOS corrects Slimer as Slimmer, so it can be quite annoying.

Bingo stupid auto correct

#520 1 year ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Just got my GB today and if I'm reading the posts above correctly, it appears that I have the new Slimer.
Put an extra ball in the captive ball track next to the ghost target and I'm about to fire up my first game.

Thank you for posting pic of new designed mech. Gave me more ammo to back up my claim against Sterns unwillingness to send me the new design. Now they cant tell my distributor that its the same basic mech and my distributor will back me up more with your photo.

Side note had my best game so far last night faulty slimer and all. 750 million and my buddy got 2 back to back 1billion games. Besides the games slimer Issue i love it!

#521 1 year ago

Yeah i sure we all can get the new slimer mechanism. Cause all my hits need to be soild, like you shoot through it into pops or it doesnt register.

#522 1 year ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Looks like from the picture you also got a thicker gauge wireform.

#523 1 year ago

I'm guessing wire replacement should be easier, just unclip and snap ne on on???

#524 1 year ago
Quoted from embryon:

'm guessing wire replacement should be easier, just unclip and snap ne on on???

Usually with wire forms you have two types. Barbed and non-barbed. With both types you have to take extra caution when removing them as you can damage the playfield. In the case of Ghostbusters if they did increase the gauge then you would have to pry the old one out, pre-drill a slightly larger hole, then pound in the new rail.

#525 1 year ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Usually with wire forms you have two types. Barbed and non-barbed. With both types you have to take extra caution when removing them as you can damage the playfield. In the case of Ghostbusters if they did increase the gauge then you would have to pry the old one out, pre-drill a slightly larger hole, then pound in the new rail.

unless they turn down the ends a little. Would also be a guide to how far to hammer in as they will bottom out. Obviously this won't happen.

#526 1 year ago

Can't believe people are even suggesting taking a hammer to their brand new pinball machines

I'm sure there's a better way guys. I bet Stern may even be installing better metal rail guides at this point. I will definitely not be hammering shit on my new GB machine, that's for sure

#527 1 year ago

Man i don't care about wires and connectors at all, those can be covered up. I just want the stupid thing to work. Pretty sure it is supposed to register all kinds that wobble him. Slimer isn't supposed to be insanely difficult to chase away.

On the old mech table I play on even a full solid shot directly down the lightning bolt only registers about 50% of the time. And you can tell something is wrong because in multiplayer games the shaker motor goes off when resetting the captive balls and it will register a hit for the next player if he is working on Slimer

Still not sure what to do about the outlane guides. Can they be pulled without wrecking the playfield?

#528 1 year ago

Installed today my pu kit. There are 2 ways to install it. With or without middelpost. Works great, but i leave the middelpostplastic

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#529 1 year ago

Where do we get the pu kit

#531 1 year ago

I will email them but I don't even know if they speak English ,we can only hope someone will import these kits for usa .

#532 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I will email them but I don't even know if they speak English ,we can only hope someone will import these kits for usa .

Does this solve the ball hopping the guides? How well does that center post work?

#533 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Does this solve the ball hopping the guides? How well does that center post work?

Yes, center post did work, but i like the look without more, thats why i leave it

#534 1 year ago

Wow thats awsome i hope someone state side sees this and makes them.

#535 1 year ago

I've had virtually no problems out of the box. A 5 minute adjustment of Slimer, some airballs and a few Scoleri brothers that don't want to drop on the 1st hit. I don't find the outlanes or wide flipper gap an issue personally.

Still a blast and nothing like the bitch GOT was getting playing 100%

#536 1 year ago

Center post mods make me and baby Slimer cry.

#537 1 year ago

- After less than 100 plays -

I've had issues with Lighting on nodes 9a/9b/9c. These are basically all the middle and upper lights on the game, and they just do not work other than a pulse of light every few seconds. The pulse USED to be good at least...so you could see which shots were lit after a couple seconds. Seems the issue is getting worse and the flicker is much lower now. Sucks, but hey at least you can play the game.

After around 30 games yesterday the ghost metal guide got bent of course, but then seems like node 9 driver section crapped out as well. Now the pops, lock post and other coils do not work at all, making the game unplayable

UPDATE: Snooping around node 9 and disconnected CN Connector 14, all lights work perfectly. Plug 14 back in and lights shit out, but coils work again.

#538 1 year ago

that sucks. Guess it's not just JJP that has lighting issues.

#539 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Looks like it was the "node gremlin" all along

#540 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

Center post mods make me and baby Slimer cry.

If you are using the old mech, Slimer would only be able to cry about 60% of the time though.

Quoted from TheLaw:

- After less than 100 plays -
I've had issues with Lighting on nodes 9a/9b/9c. These are basically all the middle and upper lights on the game, and they just do not work other than a pulse of light every few seconds. The pulse USED to be good at least...so you could see which shots were lit after a couple seconds. Seems the issue is getting worse and the flicker is much lower now. Sucks, but hey at least you can play the game.
After around 30 games yesterday the ghost metal guide got bent of course, but then seems like node 9 driver section crapped out as well. Now the pops, lock post and other coils do not work at all, making the game unplayable

Sorry to hear man. I bet Chas @ Stern gets you up and running pretty quickly though. Check your fuses too, regarding the pops/post/coils/etc.

Did you have a second ball in the captive ball area by any chance?

#541 1 year ago

Not a fuse issue, updated above, nope only 1 ball in captive.

#542 1 year ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

http://pinball-universe.de

Man we gotta get these here!!!!!!! Maybe PBL or Marco would carry them. I see people drilling for posts, such a crime!

#543 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

They won't ship to America?

That is the ball-hopping solution I knew would come along eventually Looks amazing sirlonzealot!

#544 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You're right about that.

#545 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Can't believe people are even suggesting taking a hammer to their brand new pinball machines

Working on pins isn't for the faint of heart.

#546 1 year ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Working on pins isn't for the faint of heart.

I don't mind working on pins, I actually enjoy adding mods, maintaining, and overall tinkering with pins. I just don't want to start hammering wire guides that could directly affect the playfield on one little slip up. I get issues will be there out of the box, but hammering wire guides is something I don't want to do fresh out of the box, and I am willing to bet many other people feel the same way.

#547 1 year ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I've had virtually no problems out of the box. A 5 minute adjustment of Slimer, some airballs and a few Scoleri brothers that don't want to drop on the 1st hit. I don't find the outlanes or wide flipper gap an issue personally.
Still a blast and nothing like the bitch GOT was getting playing 100%

Did you make the same Slimer adjustment in this thread with moving the cable?

#548 1 year ago
Quoted from tpir:

They won't ship to America?
That is the ball-hopping solution I knew would come along eventually Looks amazing sirlonzealot!

in there shop they only ship inside germany

just drop then a email with your details
and they will contact you

#549 1 year ago

I don't understand why they would not ship to usa,just charge more for shipping and we will pay and they will make more money

#550 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I don't understand why they would not ship to usa,just charge more for shipping and we will pay and they will make more money

Is that what they told you?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Biltmore Forrest , NC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.99
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Barrington, IL
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 63.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
$ 93.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3660 posts in topic. You are on page 11 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside