IMG_6572 (resized).JPG
IMG_6552 (resized).JPG
IMG_6551 (resized).JPG
2016-11-13_122043 (resized).jpg
2016-11-13_122023 (resized).jpg
gbfx5-800x574 (resized).jpg
gbfx4-800x532 (resized).jpg
gbfx3-800x532 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#34 7 years ago

Chiming in here for you Joe, if you dont mind.

Whether you ordered from LSOG, myself, or Joe, we have all learned there are variations by a few mm in the assembly of the game.
The Slimer Mech, especially, is off more often. You can see the oval hole in the playfield on premium that shares, Stern knows that variations in Assembly will occur.
For this reason, any Airball protector I have made, or shared, has about a 95% success rate.
There simply are games, that with a quick install will not be 100%.
I Have offered additional help with how to adjust....washers, standoffs, hole lengthening,, and Joe has redone his model.
We are all listening and hear the issues that come up, but impossible to get 100%.....after all it is a Stern Issue first, not a flat piece of plastic.

If you have any problems....reach out...we may make an error, a plastic could break, shit happens.
People here too, all of us, and we arent running away.

In this regard, we all wish for 100%....I have racked my brain, and spent weeks hand cutting variations, slots to let it ride higher on the ramps, curves, thicker, pop bracket mounted. This is where we are.

Got a better one...share, but remember its got to solve EVERYONE.....thats the tough part.

We all do try. Sometimes, we will fail....it happens, but please remember, these do work for the great Majority, and even LSOG, has retooled again, to increase a few points, the success rate!

#40 7 years ago

I like that idea and will pass it on...a creative, non evasive addition.

The key is enough coverage, but not so much that slimer hits.....trust me, you dont want to screw with the mech, more than raising the
boom.

If anyone has tried both the above or the foam target addition above the playfield to share which has worked better...Im sure everyone will appreciate.

Thanks Pinscott!

#41 7 years ago

Sorry, didnt mean to Hijack..thought this was the other thread.....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-airball-fix-and-extended-sling-protectors?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.