IMG_6572 (resized).JPG
IMG_6552 (resized).JPG
IMG_6551 (resized).JPG
2016-11-13_122043 (resized).jpg
2016-11-13_122023 (resized).jpg
gbfx5-800x574 (resized).jpg
gbfx4-800x532 (resized).jpg
gbfx3-800x532 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - for sale

Revised Ghostbusters Air Ball Plastic

Added: 2016-09-05 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (December 13th, 2016) • Ended: June 21st, 2017
Condition: New (selling multiple)

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 18

Item description

Revised Airball plastic for Premium or LE(not actual pic on website) Pics below:

http://littleshopofgames.com/product/ghostbusters-plastic-air-ball-fix-premium-le/

Airball Plastic for PRO:

http://littleshopofgames.com/product/ghostbusters-plastic-air-ball-fix/

PKE Mirrors:

http://littleshopofgames.com/product/ghostbusters-pke-skill-shot-mirror/

Extended Lane Protector with Center Post (Note which Model):

http://littleshopofgames.com/product/ghostbusters-extended-sling-protector-with-center-post/

Speaker Grill Mirrors:

http://littleshopofgames.com/product/ghostbusters-mirror-speaker-grill/

And we will exchanges anyone who bought the original Airball Plastic and are having issues with it on a Premium or LE

Item photos

gbfix2-2-800x532 (resized).jpg
gbfix2-3-800x532 (resized).jpg
gbfix2-4-800x532 (resized).jpg
GBFIX-800x532 (resized).jpg
gbfixnoart-800x532 (resized).jpg
gbfx3-800x532 (resized).jpg
gbfx4-800x532 (resized).jpg
gbfx5-800x574 (resized).jpg
DSC_0001 (resized).JPG
DSC_0002 (resized).JPG
DSC_0003 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

http://www.littleshopofgames.com

Seller insights

These are Major-Havoc's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Major-Havoc's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Fruitland Park, FL, US

#2 7 years ago

Plenty still avaliable. We have new stuff right around the corner too.

#3 7 years ago

Well give me a hint what's next so I can make 1 order

#4 7 years ago

Bride of Pinbot Face guides, GB extended sling protector with a center post, GB plastic protector sets, other various protector sets, Batman 66 topper's, and more

#6 7 years ago

Looks better in person

#7 7 years ago

$11 to mail this protector to the next state away? No thanks....

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

$11 to mail this protector to the next state away? No thanks....

We refund shipping overcharges. It would ship in a flat rate box or envelope. When I put a Georgia zip I get $8.74 shipping.

#9 7 years ago

Made more today. Plus working on a centerpost/extended sling plastic all in one.

3 weeks later
#10 7 years ago

Have plenty of these in stock and ready to ship out. If you want cheaper shipping put a note at order and ill refund the difference

#11 7 years ago

Any thought on a Ramp shield? I have had quite a few balls come flying off the ramp and behind the firehouse.
Magicchiz

With the airball protector on over the ramp post targets.

#12 7 years ago

Excellent product, but it's making contact with the ball on my LE. I have tried to shim it up with washers, but the nuts can't go back on if I raise it any. I think the ramp steeper entrance on the LE/premium is the culprit.

3 weeks later
#13 7 years ago

Does this work? Anyone use it? Does it stop airballs completly? or most time?

#14 7 years ago

Has anyone found a solution for a this in a Premium game? I purchased both the air ball protector and extended sling protector with center post and neither fit.

#15 7 years ago

Air ball protector fits fine on all 3 machines. And on the center post plastics did you let us know premium or le when you ordered? There is a difference between the pro and le/premium.

1 week later
#18 7 years ago

Any one else has this problem? Balls just get stuck underneath the protector or they slow down going up, don't make it up the ramp and get stuck behind the protector.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107670785/2016-09-16%2013.45.05.mp4

2016-11-13_122023 (resized).jpg2016-11-13_122023 (resized).jpg

2016-11-13_122043 (resized).jpg2016-11-13_122043 (resized).jpg

#19 7 years ago

Ordered both the airball and extended slings along with some balls on the 10th ..... just waiting for them to get here. Hopefully some shipping will be reimbursed as I paid 13 dollars for the three items. THX Curley

1 week later
#20 7 years ago

Really want something to stop airballs but $11 to ship some plastic is way too much and looks like there are some design flaws if balls are getting stuck and slows down going up ramp...love the etching looks really cool

#21 7 years ago

Honestly ........ Not very happy with either. They are very good looking and fit great. Problem is I had to cut all three to down. Could have made these myself but I bought to save time. 60 dollars for three pieces of plastic shipped and I had to cut , sand , and flame polish to get to work on my premium. Fkn bullshit

Curly is a good guy but this is terrible. TEST before you sell !!!

IMG_6551 (resized).JPGIMG_6551 (resized).JPG

IMG_6552 (resized).JPGIMG_6552 (resized).JPG

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Honestly ........ Not very happy with either. They are very good looking and fit great. Problem is I had to cut all three to down. Could have made these myself but I bought to save time. 60 dollars for three pieces of plastic shipped and I had to cut , sand , and flame polish to get to work on my premium. Fkn bullshit
Curly is a good guy but this is terrible. TEST before you sell !!!

Did you have to cut the down because of the ball drops? Bummer, was going to order.

#23 7 years ago

just as I was about to hit send on an order despite prior commentary. nope nope nope. not until this is fixed. would be delighted to beta test but the premium playfield is definitely different than the pro.

#24 7 years ago

Yes , for the left one...... I wanted them to look symmetrical so I did both. I also took about 1/8 inch off the airball protector and made the holes slightly oblong so I could adjust not to hit.

#25 7 years ago

He had to cut it down because he has the PRO model on a Premium/LE. We sell different ones for each.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Major-Havoc:

He had to cut it down because he has the PRO model on a Premium/LE. We sell different ones for each.

Totally a false statement. Only one option given and you can see that

http://littleshopofgames.com/product/ghostbuters-extended-sling-protectors/

Hell Ghostbusters isn't even spelled right

#27 7 years ago

We also revised the air ball plastic so no more stuck balls.

#28 7 years ago

Will you be sending out new plastics for my order. Or a full reimbursement. I did spend 60 dollars for the wrong plastics by no fault of mine

Would be the right thing to do don't ya think ?

#29 7 years ago

Kind of upset also as you called me out on this.

" Crickets " Waiting for a reply

#30 7 years ago

There's now a revised one? I just ordered for my premium a few weeks ago. Don't have game yet but I will be really pissed if it doesn't fit.

Also there wasn't a choice for pro or premium.

#31 7 years ago

Ooooh they will fit but the ball will hit on airball and when it exits the left habit trail it will hit the protector and bounce into the outlane.

I am very interested in how it will and should be handled.

#32 7 years ago

The Air ball protector the both we sell and Art sells was not designed by us. On some premiums and LE's the ball sticks and washers usually fix it. And yes I will replace and Airball plastic with the new design. You just have to let me know and hoby1 I never received any email or message that you were having any issues. Im not a mind reader. I would have gladly resolved your issue if I knew.

#33 7 years ago

Has anyone else gotten air balls going up tbe ramp on Le-Premium? Seem like the plastic at top of ramp need to come down the ramp a little. I get the ball flying iff and behind the city plastic behind the firehouse.
Magicchiz

#34 7 years ago

Chiming in here for you Joe, if you dont mind.

Whether you ordered from LSOG, myself, or Joe, we have all learned there are variations by a few mm in the assembly of the game.
The Slimer Mech, especially, is off more often. You can see the oval hole in the playfield on premium that shares, Stern knows that variations in Assembly will occur.
For this reason, any Airball protector I have made, or shared, has about a 95% success rate.
There simply are games, that with a quick install will not be 100%.
I Have offered additional help with how to adjust....washers, standoffs, hole lengthening,, and Joe has redone his model.
We are all listening and hear the issues that come up, but impossible to get 100%.....after all it is a Stern Issue first, not a flat piece of plastic.

If you have any problems....reach out...we may make an error, a plastic could break, shit happens.
People here too, all of us, and we arent running away.

In this regard, we all wish for 100%....I have racked my brain, and spent weeks hand cutting variations, slots to let it ride higher on the ramps, curves, thicker, pop bracket mounted. This is where we are.

Got a better one...share, but remember its got to solve EVERYONE.....thats the tough part.

We all do try. Sometimes, we will fail....it happens, but please remember, these do work for the great Majority, and even LSOG, has retooled again, to increase a few points, the success rate!

#35 7 years ago

Thanks Art. Yes I am open to suggestions. I redesigned and tested the new Airball plastic at the Free Play Florida show with no issues. And if there is an issues I am here to help, but I need to know.

#36 7 years ago

If you would like to send a complete set of revised ones out I think that would be defiantly appropriate. As for shipping them back that should not be at my expense

I would consider that good C/Service

#37 7 years ago

And yes I should have contacted you about the problem at the time

Allen

#38 7 years ago

We bought one for our GBLE and while the ball has no clearance issues going under it and it DOES help reduce the crazy balls flying around, I found the ball would fly off the ramp to the left, smacking the back and sides of the cabinet instead of going around to the right like it was supposed to. The protector lasted about 10 games - took it off and no more balls flying off the left side.

Has this been a common complaint and has the "new" revision addressed it?

#39 7 years ago

FWIW, I have Oldpinguys plastic and while it works well, it did not eliminate airballs 100%.

What had a major effect on the source of the airballs was increasing the forward tilt of the two targets. I did this by sandwiching a .020 piece of styrene shim stock between the target bracket and playfield. It is about 1/8" wide and rests on top of the screw shafts as they get tightened.
Super simple and effective.

#40 7 years ago

I like that idea and will pass it on...a creative, non evasive addition.

The key is enough coverage, but not so much that slimer hits.....trust me, you dont want to screw with the mech, more than raising the
boom.

If anyone has tried both the above or the foam target addition above the playfield to share which has worked better...Im sure everyone will appreciate.

Thanks Pinscott!

#41 7 years ago

Sorry, didnt mean to Hijack..thought this was the other thread.....

#42 7 years ago

For the extended slings....... I revised by taking the radius out of the corner and then contouring around the factory sling shot plastic. I took a square and went from the outmost edge and at the bottom of the curve went straight towards the sling adding soft corners at the sling.

Did both to make them even. No problems after that even know the radius IMO looks nicer

#43 7 years ago

With the revised air ball plastic I haven't seen any balls flying off to the left of the ramp

#44 7 years ago

Can you post a picture of the revised plastic?
Magicchiz

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Major-Havoc:

I wonder if I get the revised one also then, until now you said I was the only one who had problems with balls getting stuck under the protector... very dissapointing indeed (mine cracked at one of the holes after a few games)

#46 7 years ago

Well a month or so ago when you said you had issue you were the only one with an issue. The original airball plastic still works on most machines. Either with or without adding a washer. I have replaced 4 so far out of all the ones we have sold.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Major-Havoc:

I wonder if I get the revised one also then, until now you said I was the only one who had problems with balls getting stuck under the protector... very dissapointing indeed (mine cracked at one of the holes after a few games)

Quoted from Major-Havoc:Well a month or so ago when you said you had issue you were the only one with an issue. The original airball plastic still works on most machines. Either with or without adding a washer. I have replaced 4 so far out of all the ones we have sold.

so that means I can get a replacement as well then?

#48 7 years ago

Sure, all you need to do is message, call, or email us.

#49 7 years ago

Got the new airball THX man ..... Also here is a tracing of what I did to the extended slings. Lmk if you need it faxed over but it's pretty self exclamatory

IMG_6572 (resized).JPGIMG_6572 (resized).JPG
IMG_6551 (resized).JPGIMG_6551 (resized).JPG

#50 7 years ago

Already revised them, just increased the radius. It's now farther away from the wire form. But so far you are the only one that has come forward with an issue with the extended sling protectors.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-airball-fix-and-extended-sling-protectors/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.