Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by VisitorQ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Ghost-dildo (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    ghost-swedish-heavy-metal (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

I was thinking last night, a really great theme for a pinball machine would be the band Ghost. They are very popular right now, their tunes are catchy as hell and they LOVE to whore themselves out for $$$. I mean between the lore they create, the music and look it's a perfect fit IMO.

ghost-swedish-heavy-metal (resized).jpgghost-swedish-heavy-metal (resized).jpg

#3 1 year ago

Oh wow! All the way back in 2018 too!

Well they certainly have the material to do it. I could see Stern running with it to be honest. Hell I remember the first time they came to the USA it was at Maryland Deathfest. I had never heard of them at the time and everyone was talking about them. I was like, Who the hell is Ghost? Now... Year later they are everywhere it seems!

I have since lost interest in them because of all their popularity but I won't deny that it would make a great pinball theme!

#4 1 year ago

I like a few of their songs but the image and music don't go together for me... i was expecting a faster metal sound... sounds like the hard rock version of Abba tbh. I agree stern would probably be the company to do it but JJP did do GNR so maybe they're open to doing a game with them...

#5 1 year ago

I’ve seen Ghost live twice now. Heck of a fun show. They very much remind me of Kiss: music is so-so but the presentation is a lot of fun. Would be a good theme.

#6 1 year ago

The music doesn’t bring high energy pinball excitement. Better bands out there. Pass

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aphex:

I like a few of their songs but the image and music don't go together for me... i was expecting a faster metal sound... sounds like the hard rock version of Abba tbh. I agree stern would probably be the company to do it but JJP did do GNR so maybe they're open to doing a game with them...

Yeah they started out sorta evil and it seems like with every new album they get a little less. LOL!

#8 1 year ago

Never heard of them but reminds me of Broken Peach at first glance

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

The music doesn’t bring high energy pinball excitement. Better bands out there. Pass

...and Rush does?

I don't find this to be true at all.

Square Hammer and Mummy Dust would be great IMO!

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yeah they started out sorta evil and it seems like with every new album they get a little less. LOL!

Tobias Forge apparently has a 5-year plan for the next 3 albums, storyline and videos included. I assume this additionally includes the new Papas down the road. I’ve seen them 3(I think?) times and the Meliora tour was IMO the best. New album is ok, but I haven’t clicked with it.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Tobias Forge apparently has a 5-year plan for the next 3 albums, storyline and videos included. I assume this additionally includes the new Papas down the road. I’ve seen them 3(I think?) times and the Meliora tour was IMO the best. New album is ok, but I haven’t clicked with it.

I honestly like the first album the best, Elizabeth is still my favorite song.

I wonder if anyone would mod this to be the shooter rod? LOL!

Ghost-dildo (resized).jpgGhost-dildo (resized).jpg
    #12 1 year ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

...and Rush does?
    I don't find this to be true at all.
    Square Hammer and Mummy Dust would be great IMO!

Yes, Rush does!

#13 1 year ago

Hmmmm... Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion. If it was up to me I would rather see Slayer than either one of these.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

I honestly like the first album the best, Elizabeth is still my favorite song.
    I wonder if anyone would mod this to be the shooter rod? LOL!
    [quoted image]

Uh yeah, pass!

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Never heard of them but reminds me of Broken Peach at first glance
    [quoted image]

Broken Peach does mostly covers, don't they? Ghost kind of sounds like Blue Oyster Cult. Everyone expects them to be a super heavy death rock band, but the conceit is they are playing catchier songs with super-subversive (and evil, horror movie satanic) lyrics

#16 1 year ago

Whoa!

I've been a Ghost fan for YEARS! (formerly Ghost BC if I remember correctly)

I thought about a pinball theme for this band but it's not really something that's heart pumping and energetic. I think there are better options out there. The band oozes a great pin theme as far as looks go though.

I bought a Pinsound for my Road Show and put an exert of Dance Macabre in it. That's about as close to pinball music you'll find in Ghost.

#17 1 year ago

Seems like something Spooky should have jumped on a few years ago

#18 1 year ago

You wouldnt have any trouble buying an LE because the line would be short.IMO

#19 1 year ago

Ghost would make a sweet early solid state pin, this would help make the theme work and you wouldnt expect to intergrade all the modern stuff with a band like Ghost.
    Their cover of Here Comes the Sun is amazing. I love how they do covers and change everything into a Minor Key.

Heres a fun one to blast at full volume:

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Ghost would make a sweet early solid state pin, this would help make the theme work and you wouldnt expect to intergrade all the modern stuff with a band like Ghost.
    Their cover of Here Comes the Sun is amazing. I love how they do covers and change everything into a Minor Key.
    Heres a fun one to blast at full volume:

That video seals the deal,Hell No

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

You wouldnt have any trouble buying an LE because the line would be short.IMO

Tell that to the 1.6 million plus followers they have on Facebook.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

That video seals the deal,Hell No

Emphasis on Hell
    Hail Satan!

#24 1 year ago

I saw ghost’s second US show ever at a tiny club downtown 10 years or so ago, now they play arenas. They are one of the few reasons mainstream rock music still (barely) has a pulse in 2022.

They hare like 5 albums and endless EPs, with dozens of songs that would work just fine for a pinball machine, and of course the artwork,
    Imagery, and sense of humor to pull it off.

They’d make a fine pinball machine…maybe in 20 years when they are officially a “dad band.”

#25 1 year ago

Sound like a softer version of Sabaton.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Emphasis on Hell
    Hail Satan!

If thats what you like enjoy it,I have been around and seen plenty of Bands whos Gimmick is similar.Just not for me.Just because its not for me doesnt mean you shouldnt enjoy it.

#27 1 year ago

Holdin' out for that King Diamond pin.............

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #28 1 year ago
    Quoted from zacaj:Seems like something Spooky should have jumped on a few years ago

I can't see it being done, but if anyone were to do it it would be Spooky. Charlie is actually a fan of the band, and he and I chatted about them a bit when I picked up my ACNC from the factory back in 2019. There was an upcoming Ghost concert in Moline that he was going to attend, and I was hoping to make it to, but didn't.

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Holdin' out for that King Diamond pin.............
    [quoted image]

I doubt it will ever happen but HOLY SHIT... It would be a dream theme for me!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghost-the-band-pinball-machine?hl=mrm_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.