amh.jpg
AMH2.jpg
AMH1.jpg
Playfield_Layout_5.jpg
capa_best_toni.jpg
chuck_norris_approves.gif
mother_of_god.jpg
IMG_20130129_172855.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 11 years ago

artwork looks great Ben, and heard that Spooky can possibly make this - do it, there are a few interested Australians.

Quoted from epthegeek:

Ben builds his own control boards.

Spooky Pinball will be using these as well.

#40 11 years ago

What about "Ghost Hunters" as a name option

Also if you don't sell the game would love a playfield to hang on the wall - love it.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from jedimojo:

Unless he gets the license from the popular SyFy channel TV show he seems to be making fun of (and their ilk) I don't think he can use it. You might not be aware of the show unless you're familiar with television programming here in the US.

no I'm not aware of programming there....

Like it..... especially instead of the Start Again it says Spook Again

#49 11 years ago

What about "Spirit Squad"

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from rmancini:

Go for Ghost Squad!

+1 this just seems right, surely there is a way

as for production batches of 25 on demand through Spooky Pinball, build to the demand, don't do the Stern LE approach at stupid prices as it looks like people just want to enjoy your game 25, 50 up to 1000 if need be.

If it goes into production will it be geared up with coin door, as well as cabinets for export sales.

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Ben: A little off topic, but when do you think you'll offer that pinball controller system? Any idea on price? I saw you briefly talk about it in the front loading NES episode (45 seconds in)
http://revision3.com/tbhs/slot-loading-nintendo-game-system-part-1
I love that you're including both DMD and segment display output

+1

I am keen to learn more as want to do a custom pinball

1 week later
#108 11 years ago

agree with a list for a boardset, I am interested

1 week later
#113 11 years ago

looks awesome Ben, love the glasses, playfield isn't too busy but looks excellent

#114 11 years ago

Curious Ben, if this goes into production, do you have a business / company name ?

1 week later
#148 11 years ago

in a info blurp on spooky episode before the last, Charlie did say that he can contract to produce pins and mentioned Ben's name - we just have to hope now that they do make it.... this would be awesome as well as PZFBTG.

Charlie is also using Ben's boards in his pin

#155 11 years ago

awesome Ben, can't wait to see more vids

any ideas on goal price point?

#201 11 years ago

like montu said - love the layout

the games looks great and actually has a story to it so it is a fresh approach, and at a guess not even Ben has finished all the code so he hasn't even played a full game himself, so sure after he plays many games that he might say this is good, or this is too much or this just needs some tweaking.

thanks for letting us in and watch the games development Ben

on a constructive side I think the dialogue may be a little too much, but I am excited to watch a full game played with the playfield in a cabinet, with a true speaker system and then see how it all fits together - good luck at the show and itching to see some more vids, thanks

#206 11 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

I need a video update and a picture of the zombie pin cabinet haha

+1 on any videos

1 week later
#227 11 years ago

In the 5th Element Thread Ben sad this about 5th Element. "This would be in my Top 5 pinball themes, along with Roadhouse, Bible Adventures, Tesla VS Edison and Battlestar Galactica."

5th Element would be cool, but Telsa VS Edison would be a real interesting one.... but for now hoping to see GS become reality

1 week later
#235 11 years ago

Ben

thanks for posting, interesting though could you post a downloadable pdf with some sample code as curious what it looks like.

you made a comment that it takes years to learn, I am keen to do a project pin but got a little scared when you made that comment as I thought dam will I be able learn to program.....

#236 11 years ago

also in Spooky's most recent podcast Charlie said if you are interested in Ghost Squad to contact him (Charlie) to place your name on wait list - so head to Spooky Pinball's website and drop a email

1 week later
#240 11 years ago

Phantom force is my pick between the 2

#245 11 years ago
Quoted from Crazybanana:

Someone said " ghostland " I like that one

yes, sounds good as you still want the focus on ghosts

1 week later
#265 10 years ago

Ben, a design question, when you have made proto type parts for you game with your 3D printer did you do them out of PLA or ABS plastic.

Reason I am asking is that I want to do a custom pin and looking at a printer, any info, help or opinions would be much appreciated.

2 months later
#277 10 years ago

great idea with the ghost colour matching the insert colour mission

2 weeks later
1 month later
#328 10 years ago

that is great Ben, a definite winner - love the green mode

2 weeks later
#371 10 years ago

AMH update:
Batch of 10 test PCB's "pinHeck" system in from China. Hand stuffing a few for the Expo demo machines. Once they've been all checked out we'll do a larger pre-stuffed order.
Chuck, Bryan F'ing Kelly Blue Shirt and friends put together the first production prototype over the weekend. It's looking really good, we're still deciding on some final touches. Excited for Chuck to finally release some pics. PF art is almost identical from MGC, but now has plastics, flashers, GI, etc.
This coming weekend we'll test the new PCB's in the production game.
Between now and Expo I'll be working on code to flesh it out with as much animation as I can, and Chuck will refine the prototypes.
We may sell the boards for game builders but that's not a priority at the moment. We also don't have a DMD conversion GUI yet (it's still command line!)

sounds awesome, I would eventually like to get a builders set of boards

I also saw on Spooky facebook the progress shots of the Expo machines, lol

AMH1.jpgAMH1.jpg AMH2.jpgAMH2.jpg

2 weeks later
#419 10 years ago

thanks for sharing, very interesting and great to understand the process a little better

4 weeks later
#491 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

I never got an email about a deposit.

I got an email and I think they are offering to the first 25 people (1st batch) that put their names down. I was one but they haven't worked out freight to Aus yet and recently lost my job so backed out of the 1st batch of AMH pins. When a position is given up it is offered to the next person in order on the list. If you are bumped, you are fedd into the next batch, I think….

I too would love to see a video as well, and the email said that they MAY be offering a 2nd option of art on the cabinet and translite to buyers.

#511 10 years ago

Looks great Ben, like how the playfield art flows to the cabinet, well done

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghost-squad?tu=swinks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.