Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4D2B5AEB-1ED7-4252-8205-5F68F31BDA64 (resized).jpeg
6011BD5E-88DF-4A4F-90BE-5F7146A37956 (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

Bought a Mata Hari with acknowledgment of intermittent ghost scoring. I would adjust and clean drop target switches. Would be fine then start again and I repeat checking and adjusted switches to perfection. Finally after a week of this problem the flippers and beating on playfield started making continuous scoring only when right side targets were dropped. Pulled up playfield while in game. Sure enough hit flippers points would score but no switches moved. Could tap on drop target housing and points would score no switches moved. After doing this for about 30 seconds it stopped. So I said hmmm again. So I put 1/16” turn on all switch stacks. Hummm loose screws still could not get it to score again beating on it or using flippers. So I started pushing on all diodes. Bingo! It started scoring! A loose diode wire through a switch hole with solder on it looking good but would slide around. Resolder it and last problem of this game is fixed! Also what is a photo without a burned up coil replaced!

4D2B5AEB-1ED7-4252-8205-5F68F31BDA64 (resized).jpeg4D2B5AEB-1ED7-4252-8205-5F68F31BDA64 (resized).jpeg6011BD5E-88DF-4A4F-90BE-5F7146A37956 (resized).jpeg6011BD5E-88DF-4A4F-90BE-5F7146A37956 (resized).jpeg
#2 1 year ago

Nice work!

Enjoy your Mata Hari!

#3 1 year ago

Good job and fun read. It's so satisfying to actually find and fix those weird problems.

That coil man, could have grilled a hotdog over it.

#4 1 year ago

In past I read of this same problem with people eventually just removing all switches and installing new or just diodes even though they seemed find. My Game had all new Alltek boards and new rectifier kinda eliminated that source. That diode wire would not of come off or pulled off but with a bright flashlight I could see the solid diode wire slide up then down just a hair when pushed on. It was loose in the solder. Just hope this helps someone in future.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghost-scoring-fixed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.