1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 482 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Fortytwo
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 185 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

marco_facebook_ghost_in_shell (resized).png
    2F1AC90E-ECAD-4D0A-AD7D-0FE78584B42C (resized).jpeg
    CA95837B-2AAD-48BB-9357-166490F8A187 (resized).jpeg
    CB03F3A3-4B7F-4DC7-8F6C-7D612D33093E (resized).jpeg
    DAE7A839-C589-45F4-B36C-85FFE93F8EB3 (resized).jpeg
    D6153437-C981-483D-9F8F-F3BEABF49004 (resized).jpeg
    09F595C3-0E30-4CF7-A359-FB3DFD2A6154 (resized).jpeg
    7E84FDEE-46A2-4AE8-9900-6EFF9888CA7D (resized).jpeg
    DBD9F0B7-2BEE-4E06-AE0A-B1826E0A84E6 (resized).jpeg
    E069A658-5952-47C0-B163-1C2A84516174 (resized).jpeg
    FF8AFB40-C178-4398-A338-103857AB5813 (resized).jpeg
    F5F01F08-C3AB-4B9A-9AC1-E448D56A55BD (resized).jpeg
    EFB18D30-F7E0-47EA-8180-5FB5BD74B73B (resized).jpeg
    F42CCA99-3BE0-4260-A5C1-14D36586543D (resized).jpeg
    ABBF23C8-E66E-4E57-8E35-D79222A6FA11 (resized).jpeg
    B840D9BB-20D4-4F1C-879C-8A2B2EAB5885 (resized).jpeg

There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
    #401 6 months ago

Da da!

D6DDFC88-2CFF-4385-9EC8-282FFFEEA697 (resized).jpeg
    #402 6 months ago

Ooh, surface upgrade!

And you, sir, have more guts than I. Less than two weeks till the show and you have the playfield completely stripped. I was paranoid with four months, and I didn't even strip the topside of mine!

#403 6 months ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Ooh, surface upgrade!
    And you, sir, have more guts than I. Less than two weeks till the show and you have the playfield completely stripped. I was paranoid with four months, and I didn't even strip the topside of mine!

Well I decided to go for it. In order to get a good drawing to cut there was the need to strip and go back and fourth. Now I am at the point of no return and got the cut playfeild just in time. My goal is to have it all back together by the end of the weekend. That gives me some days for tweaks and some code changes. I did take an additional day off just in case. Keeping my fingers crossed most of this goes well.
    I look forward to checking your game out. Good luck.
    Thanks.

#404 6 months ago

Hope you All had a fun April fools. See you in about 10 days b

09B335CE-A6D2-4C71-AC03-8C1AC9BD0766 (resized).jpeg
    #405 6 months ago

Coming back together. I hope my planning and layering helps this go back together fast. I am keeping the GI separate from the harness because it’s temporary. I also carefully layered my harness so that I can remove them in layers without desoldering anything. And used as much plugs as I could. I only had 2 flashers and 2 GI bulbs to desolder because of being on top of the playfeild.

5092F9C0-B218-49AB-8F1E-E57DE29CDD1B (resized).jpeg55E22318-BA88-4DFB-8C32-32A59054536F (resized).jpeg
    #406 6 months ago

teamwork (burning the midnight oil)

GITS_solidworks (resized).png
    #407 6 months ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

teamwork (burning the midnight oil)[quoted image]

Looking good. The front gate might just have to be a separate peice like a spinner.

#408 6 months ago

Wow, that rotisserie looks like something from the future. That thing is hard core man!

#409 6 months ago
    Quoted from T-800:

Wow, that rotisserie looks like something from the future. That thing is hard core man!

#410 6 months ago
    Quoted from T-800:

Thanks was a quick build but long time planning.
    Second game I have been using it for. And so far really working well. Some changes are needed. I’ll do those and paint this summer. I’ll see how I feel about it when this playfeild is done.

#411 6 months ago

Update on reassembly project. Going a bit slower than expected. I want to make sure I assemble the best I can though. I have an extra day because I was able to shorten the clearcoating process.

#412 6 months ago

With the new playfeild I’m also trying to fix a few issues. New ball guide take three to fix the suck ball in orbit issue I was having.

CBCA0CA3-A1E4-44DC-90CA-2574F019754D (resized).jpeg
    #413 6 months ago

I figured out why my autolauncher was weak. The bracket I used was early stern not new. The coil stop is over 1/8 longer. This similar bracket will due for MGC I will get the correct stronger stern bracket eventually. toyotaboy if you didn’t pick it up don’t go out of your way.

DFDCA4FB-93B5-4EE7-9EB2-A39785C5BCBC (resized).jpeg
    #414 6 months ago

This weekend I didn’t make as much progress as I wanted. I had some more delays with trying to fix issues had on my old playfeild. And also cleaning the house and throwing a birthday party didn’t help. Example. The back board was moving occasionally causing the upper flipper to bind and loose power. So... I made some stronger brackets but now I have to remake the “subway” on the back. Whitch had two issues. Too deep and hitting wires when tilting playfeild. And no scoop in the entrance allowing for a reject bounce once in a while. Once I get flipping I need to adjust all the switches and test. The good news is I have Thursday off to button things up.

9E99F9F3-098A-4E7E-A944-81FDD28F0FE0 (resized).jpeg
    #415 6 months ago

This is all that’s left to install. And I still need to make a new back panel Subway. Then the setting and adjusting starts. Hope to have it flipping and adjusted by the end of Wednesday. Then I have all day Thursday to adjust the code and pack up for the show. See you all in a few days. !!!

02C25441-1DEC-4AB6-9B49-2DB75B303B63 (resized).jpeg
    #416 6 months ago

Moment of truth. Ugh.

F2C31FEF-21B6-486B-B0E6-0F7BBC075A6C (resized).jpeg
    #417 6 months ago

Good luck, not much time left before MGC...

#418 6 months ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Good luck, not much time left before MGC...

Thanks.
    Good need it works. But the shots needs to be dialed in and he ball lock is again jamming. No smoke was let out. So right now it’s playable at MGC. Just not optimal.

#419 6 months ago

I had to remake a part again. But everything is working as it should. A little convincing from some plyers to get the ball lock to not jam and physically it’s ready. I plan on adding some code in next and continuous play testing. Apparently the through top settled and started jamming balls. So one more little thing fixed.

#420 6 months ago

Awesome that your taking the goal of making an appearance with a functional game so seriously. From the looks of things the game has come a very long way in a very short time. I want to see the new RAMP in action with the return!!

Thats still one of- in my opinion- the most innovative new pinball mechanisms I have seen in a while.

#421 6 months ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

Awesome that your taking the goal of making an appearance with a functional game so seriously. From the looks of things the game has come a very long way in a very short time. I want to see the new RAMP in action with the return!!
    Thats still one of- in my opinion- the most innovative new pinball mechanisms I have seen in a while.

Thanks. Unfortunately the new Left ramp won’t be in yet. It’s critical to three different shots and dialing in the rest of the shots from the playfeild swap doesn’t leave enough time to tweak and reprint. A couple print issues also slowed the process down. I can tell you the new surface is FAST. And shots are easier to hit now.

#422 6 months ago

Working on adding a few extra things into the code. Added a second cyborg battle and considering a third or maybe a second mode For after the assemble team mode or do I just get more diverse sounds captured. (I just learned something cool) When I’m done with updates I’ll do a quick writeup if the current active rules here.

59B4BEFD-9B15-4C98-9505-1DED6E26067C (resized).jpeg
    #423 6 months ago

crap, my current computer im using doesn't have a dvd drive, and the laughing man OST on youtube has the english dub redone from the full SAC 1 series. the voice work is not as good. UGH i don't want to take too many callouts from here, but ill have to take a few.

#424 6 months ago

For those looking to play GITS at MGC, here is a rundown of the current rules. I didn't get a chance to update the instruction cards.

Skillshot, make the under side of left ramp off the plunge.

Combos, hit alternating ramps or orbits for combos, more shots in a combo the more points its worth per shot. Collect 42 ramp shots for "Ramp Frenzy" 15 seconds of super combo values.

GHOST Drops, complete drops to "light" left scoop for "assemble team mode" upon completing you get an add-a-ball. In lanes will complete a bank with 4 out of 5 targets down.

Assemble team mode, hit the left ramp forwards 8 times to collect all team members, and backwards 3 times to collect Tachikomas. consecutive "looping" shots are worth more.

CEO Jameson (right scoop), hit left blue laughing man targets to light scoop, hit scoop to collect points, alternatively you can collect 3x point by hitting the Thermo optic camo shot (hole) off upper playfeild.

Multiball, lock 2 balls in spiral ramp shot off upper playfeild for multi ball. collect jackpots off left scoop and red targets on upper playfeild. after i about of jackpots collect super jackpot off upper targets only. (this is not well called out yet)(this is the last show for this lock, getting changed completely soon)

CYBORG Battles, Hit all CYBORG targets in the same ball to enter a cyborg battle. 15 seconds to complete the battle by hitting the right ramp. onece defeated the next 3 battles will allow "hit any switch for points" before defatting battle. more points per switch as you go. battle 2 and 3 are funny internet callouts, enjoy.

The only ball save is 10 seconds after plunge, all the rest add-a-balls and multi balls don't add a ball save.

I look forward to your feedback after the show. Im off to record a video of the game before i wrap up. I will have this video scheduled to be live on pinball mayhem at 9:00am CST on Saturday. Don't forget to subscribe to Pinball Mayhem for updates to the game.
    Thanks
    Ed

#425 6 months ago

Morning. Before I packed the game up I made a quick what’s been updated video.

1 week later
    #426 5 months ago

MGC is over and I had a great time. Although the game could have performed better. Friday I had code crashing issues I couldn’t figure out until a group flagged me down and helped my stress test the code. By disabling a new feature I was able to get past that. Then Saturday and Sunday I kept getting balls stuck under the slings. New parts and not enough testing is to blame. Lastly a broke flipper spring once and a broke switch wire. Big thanks to Kelly with underworld for allowing me to use his service outlet to solder it up.
    I learned a lot and met a bunch of people. For all those that played and I talked to a big thanks!!!!

1 month later
    #427 4 months ago

Finally got a screen to work!!! Back in business of new computer and relocating it all to the head. Anyone want to cad up a speaker panel for the cutter?
    I realized my final failure was a light bulb rolling around on the playfeild. This won’t happen anymore!

D6243CE8-ADD8-4DD4-82DA-D37DC96DB232 (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #428 87 days ago

No power so working on games in the dark. Putting speaker screen in.

F0C43565-3E33-4CE1-87D1-B4A955BC6A51 (resized).jpeg
    #429 83 days ago

Power came back on on sunday, i had enough time to print one last bracket and get it installed monday. I am slowly covering over the cab-side-mounted boards from arcade board feet to 3D printed spacers. These allow for a cleaner look inside, but mostly more space conscious. Closer to the cab allows for less chance of damage etc. The 3/8 inch on the power board may have saved the compactors i ripped off right before packing up for MGC.
    P.S.
    MGC just announced their dates April 3-4-5 2020. I plan on being there with GITS again. I'm hoping for playfeild and general construction done, except for a major toy to come. better code and lights working. Now to see if i can make the goal.
    Maybe i can work with goatdan sooner and arrange a home-brew area, See if Kelly will return etc. Maybe a home-brew and weirdo games, like eat e video pinball etc. Thoughts?
    enough rambling; go here and buy shit. https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com

#430 82 days ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Maybe i can work with goatdan sooner and arrange a home-brew area, See if Kelly will return etc. Maybe a home-brew and weirdo games, like eat e video pinball etc. Thoughts?

I love this idea. Perhaps we can attract more homebrewers, too, who are on the fence about whether to come to the show.

Yes, I will be coming back next year, and my utility outlets will still be open if you need them!

#431 82 days ago

I love this idea. Perhaps we can attract more homebrewers, too, who are on the fence about whether to come to the show.
    Yes, I will be coming back next year, and my utility outlets will still be open if you need them!

Awesome, reminder ... add service outlet. You were a life saver, through was dead with that broke wire. Last year if i was more organized i think we could have had an area, i talked with dan and chris, but this year i plan on getting a count. I will have GITS and helping a friend get a game going too. Right now we are looking at three games. With TPF the week before it will be interesting.

#432 82 days ago

I can bring something Home Brew-ish to set up by you guys at MGC .

#433 81 days ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

I can bring something Home Brew-ish to set up by you guys at MGC .

You have my approval! (I mean, not that you need it, since it's not my event and it's not my build thread, but...)

A dedicated homebrew area would be very nice to group the projects together, even stuff brought for show but not yet playable. I wanted to check out the Valhalla cabinet this year and didn't even see where they put it.

#434 81 days ago

i might have a homebrew something by next spring, lets do this

#435 81 days ago

You have my approval! (I mean, not that you need it, since it's not my event and it's not my build thread, but...)
    A dedicated homebrew area would be very nice to group the projects together, even stuff brought for show but not yet playable. I wanted to check out the Valhalla cabinet this year and didn't even see where they put it.

Scott had it only there for a day, he had a tight schedule. but i see a blatant plug for my youtube channel so .... watch this:

Cool Guys: I think we currently have 5 enough to justify a dedicated area, 2 from me (a third if someone wants to haul down greyhounds), Gornkleschnitzer, trilogybeer (would you be bringing trilogy beer?) and Toyotaboy. I wonder if jobberarugge will bring his virtual pin home brew back?

#436 81 days ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

trilogybeer (would you be bringing trilogy beer?)

I will bring Subhumans (my Dolly Parton retheme) if I can get it done by then , Otherwise yeah I will bring Trilogy Brewing co 2.0 .

#437 81 days ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

virtual pin home brew

I'm sure it would help turn some heads. Hopefully he turns the volume down this time though!

(Like seriously, you couldn't hear either of our games...)

#438 80 days ago

I'm sure it would help turn some heads. Hopefully he turns the volume down this time though!
    (Like seriously, you couldn't hear either of our games...)

We talked and something was wrong last minute, i think he didn't have an external volume on his amp and the software was having a issue, no sound or that. Im sure with a year he would have worked on it. I think he needs a back glass plasma cut into scrap steel to complete the look.

#439 80 days ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

I will bring Subhumans (my Dolly Parton retheme) if I can get it done by then , Otherwise yeah I will bring Trilogy Brewing co 2.0 .

Cool can't wait to see it. did you lift the playfeild from someone ... or start with a complete project game?

SF787Ft (resized).png
    #440 80 days ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

I will bring Subhumans (my Dolly Parton retheme)

ToyotaBoy Ha! That would be hilarious if Joe brings VH. If only somebody could bring a "Lost Vegas" it would be the perfect triumvirate.

#441 80 days ago
    Quoted from openpinballproj:

ToyotaBoy Ha! That would be hilarious if Joe brings VH. If only somebody could bring a "Lost Vegas" it would be the perfect triumvirate.

The Dolly Parton was originally intended to become a Lost Vegas . Some parts from this game have already been turned into something great (the cabinet was used for Scott’s original TNA )I got what was left and hoping to make something cool with what I got .

#442 80 days ago

I was simply noting that Joe has a Dolly Parton that became his Van Halen machine. (No idea if that is the homebrew that he is thinking of bringing.) He also has a Blue October that is completely original. It would be funny to see multiple repurposed Dolly Parton machines, each with a different theme, each with a different ruleset at the same show. I heard somebody else did something with a Dolly Parton machine which I can't remember, but that might actually have been you.

#443 80 days ago
    Quoted from openpinballproj:

Joe has a Dolly Parton that became his Van Halen machine. (No idea if that is the homebrew that he is thinking of bringing.)

That.. and working on something else.

1 week later
    #444 72 days ago

Make sure to tune into deadflip on Wednesday afternoon/evening. I’m going to be down in the DF studios helping jack setup his homebrew cabinet. I also have a surprise for jack.

#445 70 days ago

Tune in tomorrow evening. To deadflip on twitch. We will also be streaming ghost in the shell!!

#446 67 days ago

Here’s a quick link to deadflip stream ghost in the shell part.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/464071362

#447 65 days ago

Laying out inserts.

D5CE5B43-093B-43B8-AB94-30E4E36EDCE5 (resized).jpeg
    #448 65 days ago

Exciting times

#449 64 days ago

Thanks cad-kid
    I pretty much have all my inserts mapped out. The triangle of triangles in the center each tip will represent each of the three goals to complete to qualify for wizard mode (annihilation). And the center is wizard mode. The four circles below that I added to add some more to the playfeild. Just have not come with a solid use. I don’t like 2x-3x multiplier lights. Thinking o some side quest one can collect items, maybe mini wizard mode status. Any in theme items to collect ideas? Weapons? Cyborg parts? Electronic eyes, arms, etc?

4 weeks later
    #450 34 days ago

Final big push to get a new final left ramp. I’m casting the current one to preserve the curves that work so well. I then plan on adding to it and shaping it down before vacuum forming. I may not have time to get petg but styrene or abs may have to do.
    For right now it will be at Chicago expo.

If anyone else with a custom game and going to expo that hasn’t reached out to me. Please do. I would like to arrange a spot in the custom game area for you too. I need know soon though.

B840D9BB-20D4-4F1C-879C-8A2B2EAB5885 (resized).jpegFEA79A6C-7317-4CDB-B99E-E096F35223E3 (resized).jpeg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 131.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 16.95
    $ 3.00
    Cabinet Parts
    BK Pinball
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    € 4.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Multigame
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 24.50
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 109.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside