Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 498 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Fortytwo
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A02A4310-B070-4C77-9EE0-AE7A73A5DA6B (resized).jpeg
    091F3D43-5FE7-40BE-9F24-C35F9BFA994B (resized).jpeg
    10162450-4D85-47A8-972F-1BA88E50DF49 (resized).jpeg
    81E2588C-2B5A-4351-BAA6-2F2BE214756B (resized).jpeg
    marco_facebook_ghost_in_shell (resized).png
    2F1AC90E-ECAD-4D0A-AD7D-0FE78584B42C (resized).jpeg
    CA95837B-2AAD-48BB-9357-166490F8A187 (resized).jpeg
    CB03F3A3-4B7F-4DC7-8F6C-7D612D33093E (resized).jpeg
    DAE7A839-C589-45F4-B36C-85FFE93F8EB3 (resized).jpeg
    D6153437-C981-483D-9F8F-F3BEABF49004 (resized).jpeg
    09F595C3-0E30-4CF7-A359-FB3DFD2A6154 (resized).jpeg
    7E84FDEE-46A2-4AE8-9900-6EFF9888CA7D (resized).jpeg
    DBD9F0B7-2BEE-4E06-AE0A-B1826E0A84E6 (resized).jpeg
    E069A658-5952-47C0-B163-1C2A84516174 (resized).jpeg
    FF8AFB40-C178-4398-A338-103857AB5813 (resized).jpeg
    F5F01F08-C3AB-4B9A-9AC1-E448D56A55BD (resized).jpeg
    There are 498 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.
    #201 6 years ago

nice work, looking great

#202 6 years ago

Thanks.
    I lied. I made the bracket for the sub volume out of polycarbonate tonight. Scissors and bent it cold in a vice.
    I also did some more work on my secret surprise for MGC. I’m adding something special to the game to reveal at the show on Saturday.
    But that’s it for work on the game until Monday.

#203 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

secrete surprise for MGC

If you secrete something at MGC, I think there are going to be problems...

#204 6 years ago

#205 6 years ago

Wow. Amazing what an extra e can do!

#206 6 years ago

I hope to find some cool goodies for GITS down at TPF. I really hope to find a apron because I really don’t want to use a modified em style one.
    An affordable apron.

#207 6 years ago

Pinball mayhem is going to be filming at MGC and i has to rework the logo for the web page. Soooooo... I worked in a section 9 logo ha ha.

#208 6 years ago

Picked up some more goodies for GITS at TPF. Mostly lighting enhancements. After talking to the guys at comet Pinball they helped me with a few things to cover the dark areas alittle better.

46DA1AA0-60D2-4918-B2D1-AC0B76CBFD8A (resized).jpeg46DA1AA0-60D2-4918-B2D1-AC0B76CBFD8A (resized).jpeg

3183D08B-3887-4294-8502-81C8E9C5FBE5 (resized).jpeg3183D08B-3887-4294-8502-81C8E9C5FBE5 (resized).jpeg

#209 6 years ago

Nice photo composition with tossing your TPF badge in there (thumbs up!)

#210 6 years ago
    Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Nice photo composition with tossing your TPF badge in there (thumbs up!)

Thanks.
    Had to get the P3 card in there as my game is powered by the p3-roc as well. Alittle over two more hours of show left.

#211 6 years ago

Can't wait to see the results!

#212 6 years ago

Some progress. Added the wires I forgot and relaced the longer harness. I can pull the playfeild with four plugs. Backbox,power plus, pd serial, se serial.

135F7CD5-E514-41CC-82F5-AC15CF8946C3 (resized).jpeg135F7CD5-E514-41CC-82F5-AC15CF8946C3 (resized).jpeg

#213 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Wow. Amazing what an extra e can do!

#214 6 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

» YouTube video

Friggin sweet!!!

I was able to get he coin door area wired and a start on backbox lighting. Ran into a light strip mounting issue that I’ll solve tonight. Hope to get all wiring done and upper PF installed tonight.

05F5AB4E-639F-4063-A116-3901B66D1226 (resized).jpeg05F5AB4E-639F-4063-A116-3901B66D1226 (resized).jpeg

#215 6 years ago

Last night I got the backbox all wired. Alittle bit of a hack but I ran out of connectors. I still need to finish mounting the led strips. The printer was on batch two.

Now to tackle why nothing is mapped correctly in my yaml. Ugh.

3CBCF89F-44AF-40A9-BCD3-412D8040CB22 (resized).jpeg3CBCF89F-44AF-40A9-BCD3-412D8040CB22 (resized).jpeg

#216 6 years ago

Just did an update video focusing on all the updates i did. Next main video will be at or after MGC. I plan on having more code, assets (videos and sounds), some special addons, and who knows what more.

#217 6 years ago

nice progress, though the video isn't working

also love the 2 way ramp on the left hand side - very creative

#218 6 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

nice progress, though the video isn't working
    also love the 2 way ramp on the left hand side - very creative

Hmm. I think I fixed it now. I forgot to make the video public. Oops.

Thanks I think themleft rampnis still my fav in the game.

#219 6 years ago

The game is back in one peice. Only main thing I need to add is a apron. Still looking for a good one. I would also like to adjust lighting but that will take a back seat.
    Right now I have a few switches not mapped right or just not working. And a RGB strip with no red. So... start my day debugging the game. And going to make a Pinball life order Sunday. Will need to install the new parts I order of course. Other than that stuff. The rest is in coding. 2.5 weeks.

#220 6 years ago

I have a few SS aprons available... black hole, firepower, and a solar ride.

#221 6 years ago
    Quoted from aahgo:

I have a few SS aprons available... black hole, firepower, and a solar ride.

Thanks. Looked those up. Won’t really work. I need either a 90s or newer style that is tall enough to not allow the ball past and is setup for an autolauncher shooter guide.

I did just finish debugging he game after the rebuild. So far everything works. I killed a opto receiver by miss wiring it and also the led strip was just half bad. All replaced and fixed. Next step. Code and make a shopping list.

#222 6 years ago

The genesis apron was a no go. Too big. Before the day is out i need to make a decision. Modify the EM one I have. Or just spend the $60 and get the stern apron from pbl?

95C49169-200D-4F53-A802-B3A0D5BE38CD (resized).jpeg95C49169-200D-4F53-A802-B3A0D5BE38CD (resized).jpeg

#223 6 years ago

Make your own as it will be under the Pf glass anyway?

#224 6 years ago
    Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Make your own as it will be under the Pf glass anyway?

I’m on the fence. There’s the time and convenience factors. It was also pointed out there’s a $42 plastic apron from pbl. Same mounting hardware cost.
    I’ll have to decide tonight and order.

#225 6 years ago

look at the ads here as well. I just got the one I needed here and it was 10 bucks cheaper than new and shipped free, maybe I got lucky but they are out there.

-Jim

#226 6 years ago

Jim. I did a search. But nothing new enough and used.

Here’s what the plastic one for $42 plus 8.50 mounting hardware would look like.

79B53DBD-93B7-4111-899C-1BAAC3B5F0FF (resized).jpeg79B53DBD-93B7-4111-899C-1BAAC3B5F0FF (resized).jpeg

#227 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Here’s what the plastic one for $42 plus 8.50 mounting hardware would look like.

do it.. you also need the shooter lane wall to hold the ball in place anyway so you kill 2 birds with one stone.. Yes you could 3d print something but it's probably better to go with something you know will work.

#228 6 years ago

I got a similar response from a couple others. Plastic it is. Reference sake the card is 5.5 by 3.

It’s a touch tight in the right outlane but that should be flushed out in the cad / cnc stage. .

#229 6 years ago

Yeah, I'd do that too. I wanted the older stern one like on Simpsons Pinball Party because I liked the flatter style and I wanted metal so I got lucky and found it in the ads. I have one like that but it has a cut out for left kickback... If you can work with that I can get it to you a little cheaper, PM me if you are interested.

-Jim

#230 6 years ago
    Quoted from jim5six:

Yeah, I'd do that too. I wanted the older stern one like on Simpsons Pinball Party because I liked the flatter style and I wanted metal so I got lucky and found it in the ads. I have one like that but it has a cut out for left kickback... If you can work with that I can get it to you a little cheaper, PM me if you are interested.
    -Jim

Jim,
    Thanks for the offer, but i pulled the trigger for my "one last Pinball Life order before MGC" Order. This is the apron and hardware, some other things to help pretty it up a bit.

On another note, i just got my progressive skillshot working with a ball save. And also flasher controll! still can use tweaking, but i consider it MGC ready. next modes to get working. Multiball, and a left ramp "qualify" mode. right now mega scoring is on all the time. i want to make it so you have to complete the drop target once to qualify for the ramp mode. Now the ramp mode will be hard to get so its either until end of ball, or end of game.
    Lets make people work for it.
    For now to get left ramp mega points.
    complete drop targets (all but one and an inlane also works) This can carry over from ball to ball.
    shoot the left scoop to start mode! (flasher will be flashing)
    now without loosing the ball make the left ramp looping forward 8 times. (assemble the team) once thats complete no mega forward scoring.
    complete the ramp backwards 3 times to collect all the tachikomas.

both loops give double progressive scoring, (eg. 100 times complete times complete, 100*3*3: 3 times hit)
    complete both for big bonus, cant restart mode unless you complete both or loose a ball, drop target completions can be banked up.

#231 6 years ago

Here’s what my current develement area looks like. The work room is finally clean!!!
    Not as fancy as some home brew dev stations. But it will do.

DB638830-7FA5-4213-9F8D-0ECB7D07A3FB (resized).jpegDB638830-7FA5-4213-9F8D-0ECB7D07A3FB (resized).jpeg

#232 6 years ago

nice work

better than my space and I got a black hole disc as well

#233 6 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

nice work
    better than my space and I got a black hole disc as well

My space was a complete mess up until now. Scrap wire on the floor and everything.

At least I know missing parts were lost to the black hole. Ha.

#234 6 years ago

I got a chance to rework the logo and clean up the backglass image. I have to replace for another reason.
    Still working on the coding. I have the base modes written for MGC. But all of them need work and enhancements with sounds and pictures.
    Skill shot. Works needs sounds. Need to cancel ball save on saved ball.
    Loop mode. Need to remove progressive scoring and add orbit shot for combo multiplier.
    Multiball. Doesn’t work right at all.
    Drop target. I have the mode starting the assemble team mode. Just some cleanup.
    Assemble team mode. Needs the former looping mode reworked bad.

All needs sounds and pictures and of course non used switches needs scoring and sounds too!! My goal is to have these done by the end of next weekend.
    Thanks

0F929D1C-726A-4A28-9CF1-A5BB74B742F3 (resized).jpeg0F929D1C-726A-4A28-9CF1-A5BB74B742F3 (resized).jpeg

#235 6 years ago

DI got the multiball mode working a bit Beyer. Still getting finicky. Extra balls and confusing the bum balls in play.

Got a good start on assemble team mode. Having a loop counting issue. But I have a good idea what’s wrong there. Also not restarting the loop mode when complete. I need to add loop logic to this one.

The other main modes are 2501 and that’s pretty much working.

Have some right scoop stuff but nothing too exciting. And the thermo optic shot. Those are not really going to get explored that much yet.
    Hope to make some good progress over the weekend.

#236 6 years ago

The pinball life order came. Apron is installed and the rest of the last things I wanted.
    It also works as a good spot to rest the keyboard. Now I need to design up some cards before MGC.

8172F23C-7042-4ED9-A3C1-AB1652E7A5C9 (resized).jpeg8172F23C-7042-4ED9-A3C1-AB1652E7A5C9 (resized).jpeg

16CF1B05-8935-4063-ABB8-B4C012ED8145 (resized).jpeg16CF1B05-8935-4063-ABB8-B4C012ED8145 (resized).jpeg

#237 6 years ago

Nice keyboard rest!

As always, I am surprised by your speed. This looks to be a very fun game. Also fun to watch it come to life.

#238 6 years ago

Holy cow that lockdown bar has had quite the life!!

#239 6 years ago

Thanks rufessor at the moment I am really spending all my free time on the game. But soon things will slow down for the summer I have some outside things to work on and getting the playfeild layout right in cad will require a tear down.
    Mbecker I hear you. It’s even rusted where the right had sat on it. I got a cheap lockdown receiver out of a data east that needed minor repair. So I had to find a matching lockdown bar. And de/sega just don’t pop up soon. The previous owner started stripping and gave up. It will get replaced or powder coated this summer. Hope to find a slightly later sega style with more rounded corners like South Park.

FYI. I just coded in a orbit left ramp forward or reverse combo mode that RustyLizard suggested. Hit any of these shots without hitting the same one twice with 3.5 sec between shots max and increase your combo. Get rewarded at 2 or higher shots.

#240 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

It will get replaced or powder coated this summer

Just remove the paint with a wirewheel on a drill, then sand with finer sandpaper and paint with hammerpaint. Powdercoating is horribly expensive, will end up being more than what a new lockbar costs.

#241 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Just remove the paint with a wirewheel on a drill, then sand with finer sandpaper and paint with hammerpaint. Powdercoating is horribly expensive, will end up being more than what a new lockbar costs.

There are a lot of powdercoating places up here. Can actually be done reasonably as long as you aren't asking for crazy custom stuff.

#242 6 years ago

Just decided to add the right ramp to the orbit cache.
    Last code todos;
    Finish orbit mode.
    Add base scoring for all switches not used yet.
    Add or update sounds.
    Debug multiball.
    Test and debug all modes.

#243 6 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

There are a lot of powdercoating places up here. Can actually be done reasonably as long as you aren't asking for crazy custom stuff.

The place I used actually prefers to sand blast them self. I did a coindoor and legs in a stock creme color for under $70. 1955 Gottlieb.

#244 6 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

There are a lot of powdercoating places up here. Can actually be done reasonably as long as you aren't asking for crazy custom stuff

you don't say? suppose I had 16 pinball legs that needed blasting, and I just want black powdercoating, what price you think?

#245 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

you don't say? suppose I had 16 pinball legs that needed blasting, and I just want black powdercoating, what price you think?

I can send you the contact guy offline. He estimates per job. No clue where he gets prices from. It’s an industrial powder coating. So no complaints about a blememish. I know they stock glossy black.

#246 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I can send you the contact guy offline. He estimates per job. No clue where he gets prices from. It’s an industrial powder coating. So no complaints about a blememish. I know they stock glossy black.

#247 6 years ago

This is making me want to drive out to MGC. Amazing work!
    I’m feeling inspired for my next project.

#248 6 years ago
    Quoted from cletus:

This is making me want to drive out to MGC. Amazing work!
    I’m feeling inspired for my next project.

MGC is worth the trip, will be a great show this year.

#249 6 years ago
    Quoted from cletus:

This is making me want to drive out to MGC.

If you don't. Goatdan's kitten will cry.

LTG : )

#250 6 years ago

MGC is a show definitely worth the drive. One reason I’m holding back all the cool things getting added last week and this next two weeks. A huge pile of things are happening that only those involved and close friends know.
    On another note I almost have he rules coded. I’m going to finish the cards and will post them here tonight. Hope they make sense.

There are 498 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghost-in-the-shell-the-pinball-complex/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.