By Fortytwo

2 months ago

Stats

• 139 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Fortytwo
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

73F4F17F-4AF7-4066-86B9-5520D4769915 (resized).jpeg
    B11D3348-FAEB-4D2E-AB2D-40ABD0BCFD4B (resized).jpeg
    824B720F-1437-4DAF-BE6B-E4BF5F4C471A (resized).jpeg
    2D9A7005-7284-48F0-8424-A9D96F90AF9A (resized).jpeg
    E626D3F3-8911-4519-A135-24B4C946970B (resized).jpeg
    28043B94-1007-4CD6-9ED6-03D819CB45A6 (resized).jpeg
    BCA2C900-704B-440D-897B-F832CE3117C9 (resized).jpeg
    364E635F-C567-408E-942E-86853D4A18F5 (resized).jpeg
    5D55E54E-3DF7-4F5E-A7B5-2FBB23547122 (resized).jpeg
    8FAE1446-4A65-4F4C-8BD6-BA2499402CEA (resized).jpeg
    4AB8F356-A185-4CDE-8682-1AF2500E8588 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20180127_105956 (resized).jpg
    88844664-9275-4869-B6E9-A40CDE6FD8BC (resized).jpeg
    85A744C5-2F4F-4C9E-BEDD-4DE18BCE2E30 (resized).jpeg
    8A00A836-80F0-431B-B0B9-C321701FF387 (resized).jpeg
    319AFC2C-FF28-4B65-825A-F6B56585BB78 (resized).jpeg

There are 139 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 15 days ago

Got all three ramp switches installed and wired. But I did use up my last three switch inputs. I definitely will be ordering two more sw-16 boards on my next order.

Now let’s see if I can get some code behind the ramps.

8FAE1446-4A65-4F4C-8BD6-BA2499402CEA (resized).jpeg

#102 14 days ago

A week ago @cad-kid help me film a updated video. It just went live this morning. We have a special guest appearance in this one.

Keep in mind my rules and scoring is basically me getting used to the programming and making the shots interesting for testing the layout.

Thanks
    Share and enjoy!

» YouTube video

#103 14 days ago

Awesome progress! What did you use for guides and ramps - did you shear cut smaller gauge stainless sheets to size or..? I’m at cardboard/foamcore with mine and want to start moving to prototype in metal - love how fast your ramps flow!

#104 14 days ago

Thanks.
    The ramp metal is thinner gauge steel. Might be 22 ga. It’s painted white on one side because it was removed from my fridge when I installed stainless panels.
    I have a drill mounted metal cutter that made quick cuts of the metal. Malco tshd turbo sheer. This allowed me to skip the foamcore stage since I’m comfortable working with steel and have he material for free.
    My next playfeild willnuse here takps but be the platform I build final ramps on out of thicker stainless.
    Ed

#105 14 days ago

Got both ramps working. The right one is my current hurryup shot for 2501 and the left is going to be a simple loop. Each loop each way will be worth more.

For now.

I don’t want to get too deep until I have all the switches and lights. Do real modes etc. still learning the coding.

#106 13 days ago

Nice video, that 2 way ramp is great, it looks super fun to shoot and it rockets back at you no matter which way it’s shot, love it!

#107 13 days ago

This is could be a Spooky game in the future. It looks fun to shoot. That left ramp is awesome. It's crazy that it's never been done before.

#108 13 days ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

That left ramp is awesome. It's crazy that it's never been done before.

Anytime I think something hasn't been done before @o-din posts a picture of any ancient game that I've never heard of that has already done it.

I agree that it looks like a fun shot. Cool project @fortytwo. I've been enjoying the updates.

#109 13 days ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Anytime I think something hasn't been done before o-din posts a picture of any ancient game that I've never heard of that has already done it.
    I agree that it looks like a fun shot. Cool project fortytwo. I've been enjoying the updates.

Ha. I’m sure as John Cleese said that nothing is original anymore. But it was an fresh idea in my head. And fun to shoot. Going to give some looping logic tonight to make he shot more fun.

#110 13 days ago

You're doing a great job!
    I cosmetically converted a Rapid Fire pin into a 300 the Movie pin back in the day, so I know what it takes just to do THAT part, let alone all the scratch stuff you're doing.

#111 13 days ago

I played this game. Definitely looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

#112 13 days ago

Did some quick ramp logic tonight. The right ramp is now a hurry up shot after 2501 is completed. The left ramp looping is multiplied by number of loops twice. Aka 100 * total loops either direction * loops made that direction. Nothing too spectaticular. Just a good payoff to a fun shot.

» YouTube video

#113 12 days ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

This is could be a Spooky game in the future. It looks fun to shoot. That left ramp is awesome. It's crazy that it's never been done before.

Thanks. I agree it becoming a spooky game would be cool. Even just in layout. The “big show” would be be biggest compliment, With my name as a production designer. But I’m just trying to make the game as fun as I can. And challenging for my friends that are better than I.

#114 10 days ago

Been playing with fonts and colors. My plan is to rip apart and build a functional ball lock this weekend. I have some cool ideas but not going with what’s in there now. The game shoots pretty fast and I don’t want to slow it down too much.

5D55E54E-3DF7-4F5E-A7B5-2FBB23547122 (resized).jpeg

#115 9 days ago

Got the left wireform completed. I still want to add a switch but otherwise done. Still working on the right before I add the additional wires to it. Will also need to make an entrance scoop and more parts below. I hope it shoots right! Want to get this figured soon to get whatever switches I need on my next weeks Pinball life order.

364E635F-C567-408E-942E-86853D4A18F5 (resized).jpeg

#116 9 days ago

Nice looking wire forms!

#117 8 days ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Nice looking wire forms!

Thanks. The first welded ring looks crappy. And I made a few mistakes in forming. But hey both now work!!! The spiral needs to be completed. But I wanted to prove the shape was shootable first. Because my upper playfeild isn’t aligned correctly the flipper is weak. Though I still complete the loop twice in my testing.

» YouTube video

#118 8 days ago

Added some sdandups. Needs some tweaking done for the day. Productive weekend.

BCA2C900-704B-440D-897B-F832CE3117C9 (resized).jpeg

#119 8 days ago

Spiral shot is sweet! Reminiscent of Pinball magic skill shot into the hat. That testing is rather familiar lol- spent hours last weekend doing that trying to get my upper flipper ramp shot tweaked to work.

Any chance you could do me a favor and measure the total length of your 5 bank drops end to end (1st drop up to 5th). I have used one coming from a flipper football but it will be weeks and I’m wondering roughly how long a hole I need to cut to fit those in.. figuring most 5 banks are within a 1/2” or so.. what game is yours from, that an older ss stern?

#120 7 days ago

Not a problem.
    My target bank is out of a Gottlieb torch system 1. I will measure the playfeild it came out of tonight for you. Don’t know if stern ss are longer or not.

#121 7 days ago

Cool layout. 7 main shots (not counting the upper playfield or pop bumber area) and it feels wide open.

A jump ramp like NGG would be really cool since the middle is so open. I have no clue where it would go, bit since you got rid of the old ball lock, maybe that could replace it? It's probably not a practical idea, but I love that shot in NGG.

#122 7 days ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

Cool layout. 7 main shots (not counting the upper playfield or pop bumber area) and it feels wide open.
    A jump ramp like NGG would be really cool since the middle is so open. I have no clue where it would go, bit since you got rid of the old ball lock, maybe that could replace it? It's probably not a practical idea, but I love that shot in NGG.

I agree. When the gophers open the nuts they find ghosts. Gophers in the Shell is a theme I could get behind, Ed.

#123 7 days ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

It’s a fun shot. But definitely something that game design has to start with. I’m also a fan of the open center in a game and not closing down the top half of the game. So unlikely I’ll be adding that to this one. I have a couple more minor mechs to add and it’s tweaking shots time.
    Plus @rustylizard doesn’t need any encouraging.

For those of you that don’t know the theme. Ghost is referring to ones soul. The shell is a cyborg body that some have chosen to have their brain planted in. But he real mind problem is when a shell appears to have developed a ghost and have independent complex though. So a ghost in an empty shell.

#124 7 days ago

Switched out a few targets to look at color and test durability. These are 3d printed by a friend in petg. I like the blue because it’s translucent. Once there’s lights behind it it will look cool.

28043B94-1007-4CD6-9ED6-03D819CB45A6 (resized).jpeg

#125 7 days ago

Ohhh another reason to get a 3d printer, damn they just keep adding up!

#126 7 days ago

Scarlet Johansen get a look in.

#127 6 days ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

Scarlet Johansen get a look in.

Well. I do beleive the live action was a work of art and I enjoyed it celebrating SAC and the original story line. Even with a throwout to arise. I am going to focus my art on SAC. But there will be a scar jo on the screen here or there. Possibile a mode dedicated to the new movie.

#128 6 days ago

Slow progress but my lock spiral ramp is taking shape. Tomorrow I plan on working on the diverter. This shot is going to be hard. And four ball multiball might be impossible to get. Like MB on black hole.

E626D3F3-8911-4519-A135-24B4C946970B (resized).jpeg

#129 6 days ago

How are you bending the wire? Looks like 2 different sizes - is that 1/8 and 3/32 ?

#130 5 days ago

I am using 9 gauge and 12 gauge galvinoized wire. I got it from my hardware store (yes real hardware store). It’s in bulk. The smaller stuff is great for the rings and support. But I wanted Beefer wires for the transport. Plus it adds stiffness to the entire project. I followed Pinballmakers.com tobget started and bend the rings. With metal you find something the right diameter and you bend around it. And tweak for an hour plus by hand with work globes on. Avoid music wire that thick. Much harder to bend.

#131 5 days ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

I am using 9 gauge and 12 gauge galvinoized wire

You should not weld galvanised anything as it gives off particles. Please either make sure it's well ventilated or grind off the galv first (always wear a mask).
    I used 3mm (1/8") 304 stainless and silver soldered mine.

#132 5 days ago
    Quoted from epotech:

You should not weld galvanised anything as it gives off particles. Please either make sure it's well ventilated or grind off the galv first (always wear a mask).
    I used 3mm (1/8") 304 stainless and silver soldered mine.

Thanks. I should have mentioned the warnings. I am welding in a well ventilated area. Not the area pictured. The gas is poison. So yes extra care needs to be taken.

#133 5 days ago

Got the ball lock basically built. May need some tweaking and when I confirm it physically works I’ll add ball dectection. Ran into some mounting issues so I will tackle getting it mounted tomorrow.

2D9A7005-7284-48F0-8424-A9D96F90AF9A (resized).jpeg

824B720F-1437-4DAF-BE6B-E4BF5F4C471A (resized).jpeg

#134 5 days ago

Here’s a quick video of ball release while on the bench.
    Gentleman behold!

» YouTube video

#135 5 days ago

A beast of a mech. Nice work!

#136 3 days ago

I modeled and 3d printed towers for mounting PROC pcb's per Fourtytwo's idea. I uploaded it to thingiverse if anyone following this thinks this is useful:
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2796953

#137 3 days ago

Thanks for helping received the prototypes today. Will be mounted this weekend.

B11D3348-FAEB-4D2E-AB2D-40ABD0BCFD4B (resized).jpeg

#138 2 days ago

Made good progress today. Got my Pinball life order yesterday. I even have service rails now. I have my ramp mounted and working on the switches. This will really tie into eh theme well. Tomorrow I hope to be able to button this up and maybe playteat the upper playfeild.

73F4F17F-4AF7-4066-86B9-5520D4769915 (resized).jpeg

#139 1 day ago

Finalized the upper today. I was able to make all the shots and it does seem like multiball will be possible. I also added a controll gate to the right orbit and an auto launcher. Nothing new is wired in yet. Need to tear it all apart again and add switches / optos to the ball lock and exit wireform.
    At this time I beleive my design is basically done. I need playfeild switches, inserts and to tweak the spinner lane shape.

» YouTube video

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 8,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 9.99
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 8.40
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 219.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 12.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 18.99
    $ 9,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 269.99
    $ 189.99
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 63.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Lermods
    $ 19.99
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    There are 139 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside