Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 498 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Fortytwo
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A02A4310-B070-4C77-9EE0-AE7A73A5DA6B (resized).jpeg
    091F3D43-5FE7-40BE-9F24-C35F9BFA994B (resized).jpeg
    10162450-4D85-47A8-972F-1BA88E50DF49 (resized).jpeg
    81E2588C-2B5A-4351-BAA6-2F2BE214756B (resized).jpeg
    marco_facebook_ghost_in_shell (resized).png
    2F1AC90E-ECAD-4D0A-AD7D-0FE78584B42C (resized).jpeg
    CA95837B-2AAD-48BB-9357-166490F8A187 (resized).jpeg
    CB03F3A3-4B7F-4DC7-8F6C-7D612D33093E (resized).jpeg
    DAE7A839-C589-45F4-B36C-85FFE93F8EB3 (resized).jpeg
    D6153437-C981-483D-9F8F-F3BEABF49004 (resized).jpeg
    09F595C3-0E30-4CF7-A359-FB3DFD2A6154 (resized).jpeg
    7E84FDEE-46A2-4AE8-9900-6EFF9888CA7D (resized).jpeg
    DBD9F0B7-2BEE-4E06-AE0A-B1826E0A84E6 (resized).jpeg
    E069A658-5952-47C0-B163-1C2A84516174 (resized).jpeg
    FF8AFB40-C178-4398-A338-103857AB5813 (resized).jpeg
    F5F01F08-C3AB-4B9A-9AC1-E448D56A55BD (resized).jpeg
    There are 498 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
    #51 6 years ago

New video of gameplay. I now have the scoops auto ejecting the drop target resets. And through Support. So now it’s a very basic game.

#52 6 years ago

I'm really loving that left ramp. It's like you took the black knight shooter lane and put it on a playfield (and removed the one way gate). Can't wait to see how this progresses.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm really loving that left ramp. It's like you took the black knight shooter lane and put it on a playfield (and removed the one way gate). Can't wait to see how this progresses.

Definitely fun to shoot. I am hoping when it's made of thinker steel better connected. Less energy gets wasted and the ramp action is a bit faster.

To the left of the left scoop I have two stand ups. GITS fans. Anything I can relate these to that's a common theme in the shows. I already have 2501 targets. A section 9 shot left ramp upper. A tachoma shot left ramp lower. No name for the spinner or right loop or scoop. But for programming naming the stand ups will assist. Rather than calling it left left target.

#54 6 years ago

Hmm... Think Tanks, Cyber-brains, Therm-optic Camouflage, Seburo Arms, Hackers?

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hardsuit:

Hmm... Think Tanks, Cyber-brains, Therm-optic Camouflage, Seburo Arms, Hackers?

Nice ones. Did add a thermo optic camouflage shot on the upper pf. It's a hard and timed shot so you will have to be something like a ranger to be able to get it. It will either advance the current mode. Or give you timed 2x playfeild scoring if your not in a mode.

#56 6 years ago

You should get an airsoft mateba to incorporate somehow

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from supermoot:

You should get an airsoft mateba to incorporate somehow

There are several model kits of Seburo ones as well. The BoBsonS pistol would work well scale wise to fit into the cabinet (even if it's more Appleseed than GitS...)

#58 6 years ago

Nice to see another homebrew game. Keep the updates coming!

#59 6 years ago

Awesome-following! Love the left ramp

#60 6 years ago

I haven't thought too much on toys. I do want a tachikoma on top of the left ramp. I like the idea of a pistol. But I want to avoid the light saber on swep1 effect. I just sold some more parts so... Thinking of ordering the auto launch assembly while I play with code.

#61 6 years ago

Haven’t done too much physical to the game. Been working on the framework programming wise. But I did make a gate for my shooting lane. And started labeling things.
    Lookin for suggestions for labeling. Reoccurring themes that can be used in multiple modes. I have my main shots with red arrows. Those will Be rgb inserts. In fact most inserts will Be rgb I think. I think I can come up with something more cannon than “mystery” also.

What you can’t read. The lanes are S A C. (Not sold on this) and left lower ramp entrance is “think tank”. Left scoop small round insert will Be mode ready. Different color or stand alone mode vs complex mode.

41BECBD8-5D38-4551-A8EA-E7CED55971A7 (resized).jpeg41BECBD8-5D38-4551-A8EA-E7CED55971A7 (resized).jpeg

#62 6 years ago

Some screen shots and images from the net and I have something. I now also have some more complete code to operate the drop targets and scoops. But not enough switches or lights to actually program for real. I really want to get an official Whitewood cut. But don’t have any cad skills at the moment.

066F7BD1-4E17-4634-A0C8-C70A197EB6CD (resized).jpeg066F7BD1-4E17-4634-A0C8-C70A197EB6CD (resized).jpeg
    C10F7C62-7786-45E8-9A44-FF5F81E402ED (resized).jpegC10F7C62-7786-45E8-9A44-FF5F81E402ED (resized).jpeg

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

I really want to get an official Whitewood cut. But don’t have any cad skills at the moment.

PM sent

#64 6 years ago

I have proven to myself I can program and build this. Time to start knocking off some unfinished things and make a more permanent project. I took the back box off and added rails for glass will paint before reassembling. I also ripped the pc apart in hope to get it mounted in the cab. I’m also going to get he correct ps ordered.

E0846AA0-E4D1-490C-A7CF-9659D32611AF (resized).jpegE0846AA0-E4D1-490C-A7CF-9659D32611AF (resized).jpeg

#65 6 years ago

I decided since the head is off to get the cabinet all wired up properly. Current goal. Get pc mounted in the cabinet. Hence it’s stripped down. Get official 48 volt power supply and mount. With fuses. Mount power switch in traditional location. Fused. And pc style power jack on the back of lower cabinet.
    Unfortunately at this time I am going to have to pass on the cabinet power filter board from Multimorphic Next shopping spree.
    I’m also waiting until my ps is setup and I get my TNA to move too much further. I can reasses funds and place a single big order.

EB9D001C-ED52-4DCA-B0D5-CE616E84671E (resized).jpegEB9D001C-ED52-4DCA-B0D5-CE616E84671E (resized).jpeg

#66 6 years ago

The back box is back and painting has started. It’s all primed and I got the first coat on the inside. I also got the power switch installed. Nothing too exciting but I will be happy to no longer have bare wood showing on the cabinet.
    I think once everything is back together and working again I’ll shoot another video.
    Stay tuned.

28D088B1-1792-4904-B6B2-C59D57ED57BB (resized).jpeg28D088B1-1792-4904-B6B2-C59D57ED57BB (resized).jpeg

#67 6 years ago

Ha ha. I keep filling the topic. Got first couple coats of black. Still need to paint detail the front edge tonight and give the sides one more coat.

But you get the idea of how the grey will pop.

5940AB54-8B8F-4643-913B-3419E3FF7283 (resized).jpeg5940AB54-8B8F-4643-913B-3419E3FF7283 (resized).jpeg

#68 6 years ago

Game is in one peice. And still works. Also have better ac wiring with a cord and actual switch. Next will be work on cabinet art and speakers. Which thebamp and parts are on order.

A34B8B13-D1BF-4BC0-9D27-84BCB122FB85 (resized).jpegA34B8B13-D1BF-4BC0-9D27-84BCB122FB85 (resized).jpeg

#69 6 years ago

I was thinking about your rotating ball lock on the upper playfield a few questions that I came up with:

Is there enough room to mount a motor and gearbox?

What type of motor gear box are you going to use?

Is there support for motor control with the boardset you're using?

How do you plan to control it? I could see using opto switches mounted behind the rotating wheel with flags that will pass the optos as it rotates. Or maybe put some notches on the edge of the wheel and microswitches mounted along the radius could keep track of position.

#70 6 years ago

Cool PF layout! Following!

#71 6 years ago

Eric_S good questions.
    The reason I have it twisted was to make room. Now for the motor controll and stop. Servo city makes a servo Support and also sells a 3 rotation servo.
    For detection switches all three holes will be equal spaced with room for a playfeild rollover behind each holes stop position. And lastly controll. The p3-roc has interface for i2c bus and I have a bus servo controller I picked up for $10.

https://www.servocity.com/637110

My next step is to experiment with the controller and a spare servo until I verify it’s working. I then want to replace the playfeild with one that has all the switch slots. And maybe a few inserts. This will be my build final ramps and mechs on. Also position me for programming.

Lastly today I will be making and installing the subway. Hope to add some basic code to score for the other standups. And start on a skill shot mode.
    You know something Aerosmith Pro still doesn’t have.

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Cool PF layout! Following!

Thanks. I hope to work the kinks out and make it a real fun game.

I also was not super productive last night. Ended up watching some DeadFlip

5566DA17-6C43-465D-B2D0-6C74A0B28C9E (resized).jpeg5566DA17-6C43-465D-B2D0-6C74A0B28C9E (resized).jpeg

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

I also was not super productive last night. Ended up watching some deadflip

Whoooooooa!

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

I also was not super productive last night. Ended up watching some deadflip

Love it!

#75 6 years ago

This is awesome!!!

#76 6 years ago

I pretty sure that’s you playing at the time I took the pic. Thanks for you shout out!

#77 6 years ago

I got the subway all built and tested. I decided to go with a mechanical switch rather than a opto. It’s what I have. I can always change it later if I have issues.
    Didn’t get any code last night. Had a dog emergency we had to tend to.

B1FE4E84-3325-4A90-80BF-766393707D93 (resized).jpegB1FE4E84-3325-4A90-80BF-766393707D93 (resized).jpeg

#78 6 years ago

It’s starting to look like a real Pinball. Speakers and amp arrived and installed. Printed my first draft backglass. I will see if I can get some speaker grills laser cut. The final glass will be 1/4 inch material. 1/8 is a bit floppy with the heavy speakers in it.

319AFC2C-FF28-4B65-825A-F6B56585BB78 (resized).jpeg319AFC2C-FF28-4B65-825A-F6B56585BB78 (resized).jpeg

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Had a dog emergency we had to tend to.

Hope your dog is alright.

LTG : )

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Hope your dog is alright.
    LTG : )

He’s doing much better today. He had a seizure again. whitch is scary for all involved. We gave him some extra meds and monitored. Thankfully he didn’t have a second chain seizure.
    Thanks LTG.

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

He had a seizure again. whitch is scary for all involved

Oh yea those are terrifying especially at 3am which is when our greyhound usually had his.

Glad your pooch is better today.
    Progress looking good too btw.

#82 6 years ago

Really sorry to hear about your dog, hope he'll pull through.

Love this theme, your energy, and the progress you're making!

Don't make all the wiring too clean and tucked, need to keep with the theme... Might be neat to see some exposed circuit boards (protected from the ball) , mechanical parts and wires on the playfield too.

Following closely!

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

I got the subway all built and tested. I decided to go with a mechanical switch rather than a opto. It’s what I have. I can always change it later if I have issues.
    Didn’t get any code last night. Had a dog emergency we had to tend to.

This is looking very cool, is that subway running from the backboard to under the playfield?

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Tommy:

Really sorry to hear about your dog, hope he'll pull through.
    Love this theme, your energy, and the progress you're making!
    Don't make all the wiring too clean and tucked, need to keep with the theme... Might be neat to see some exposed circuit boards (protected from the ball) , mechanical parts and wires on the playfield too.
    Following closely!

I had a lot more of this in my original plan. But some of it got lost. Still I want to have cut out areas in the backglass showing the boards and wires. The p3 roc has all blue LEDs and a rotating Pattern. Maybe I can place a switch board on top. Hmmm...

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Oh yea those are terrifying especially at 3am which is when our greyhound usually had his.
    Glad your pooch is better today.
    Progress looking good too btw.

Wow small world. My dog speedster is a greyhound. Actually my first endeavor in custom pinball is a retheme into greyhounds the Race Home. Really hard to photograph. I will make a pinball mayhem video of it someday.

Quoted from J85M:

This is looking very cool, is that subway running from the backboard to under the playfield?

Yes it’s running to the right scoop. Originally i was going to have a drop target there. But the subway-scoop is more fun.

8A00A836-80F0-431B-B0B9-C321701FF387 (resized).jpeg8A00A836-80F0-431B-B0B9-C321701FF387 (resized).jpeg

#86 6 years ago

Oops. Broke a drop target last night. May want to look into something stronger. Maybe an assembly with memory.

What have others found to be strong drops?

I did get some code on the subway last night. Registers correctly.

85A744C5-2F4F-4C9E-BEDD-4DE18BCE2E30 (resized).jpeg85A744C5-2F4F-4C9E-BEDD-4DE18BCE2E30 (resized).jpeg

#87 6 years ago

I would worry about drops that close to a bumper.

I know they wouldn't be as visually interesting, but you might want to consider "virtual" drops - a line of standard targets, using the inserts you've already planned for as indicators.

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

What have others found to be strong drops?

Could you machine a metal drop target and coat it with rubber or a plastic crown?

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from JWJr:

I would worry about drops that close to a bumper.
    I know they wouldn't be as visually interesting, but you might want to consider "virtual" drops - a line of standard targets, using the inserts you've already planned for as indicators.

That’s always a backup plan. To change it out would no affect the playfeild cut. Or the programming that much. For now I’m going to see about stronger targets because i like the idea of thebdrops. I might also lower the pop power. These targets are 35 years old too.

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

Could you machine a metal drop target and coat it with rubber or a plastic crown?

That would be sweet. But I feel the Gottlieb say 1 design is weak. Plus the pops hitting it hard. And so is the ball from the flipper bashing the side.

#91 6 years ago

More minor progress. Changed the posts up to add double bands and Support posts. I hope this helps with the ball jumping over. I also wired in and programmed the spinner for Tallon who demanded I even have a spinner.

88844664-9275-4869-B6E9-A40CDE6FD8BC (resized).jpeg88844664-9275-4869-B6E9-A40CDE6FD8BC (resized).jpeg

#92 6 years ago

Looking good- Controlling on cycle for pop could also work if you want to weaken it. Not sure what’s eaiser in your set up!

#93 6 years ago

This is fun to watch! Any chance it is coming to MGC?

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from AudioHaven:

This is fun to watch! Any chance it is coming to MGC?

Thanks.
    I am working hard to do just that. I really want to be on playfeild 2 by then with all switches and a few lights. But we will see. Currently it does have enough code to be a playable game. I would need more t screws and plastics to avoid stuck balls.

I do want to check with goatdan on minimum requirements and if there will be a homebrew area.

My MGC goals
    Playfeild 2
    Some working lights.
    GI - is a must it could be dark in there.
    All working switches (boards)
    Complete cabinet art
    Plastics -no art
    No stuck balls
    Maybe a function ball lock. (May redesign this to go a different direction.

Next I need to work on a couple arcade projects to fund the next big buy.

#95 6 years ago

Hope Ed can bring it to MGC with the second playfield, or even the first! Me an the lady got to check it out before the Central Waters Anny Party today. Played Awesome for just some switches and no insert lights. Not bad for two months work! GC, but I think he reset if before I got there. Either way this thing is an awesome work in progress and I expect it will be more fleshed out in no time! Awesome setup Ed!

IMG_20180127_105956 (resized).jpgIMG_20180127_105956 (resized).jpg

#96 6 years ago

Definitely bring it to MGC. People will love it!

#97 6 years ago

Thanks kettchxxii I did just reset the scores. But you blew away my high score from before. That was from this points schedule. I removed the 5000 Point shots from the sample code. “Get out” is also gone. My buddies will be over today busting this up.

TheNoTrashCougar I am going to try. Thanks.

#98 6 years ago

Nice work, Ed. I like the spinner, all games should have spinners. For a drop target bank, I think the classic Stern games had the "smoothest" drop target banks.

#99 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Nice work, Ed. I like the spinner, all games should have spinners. For a drop target bank, I think the classic Stern games had the "smoothest" drop target banks.

You should play it now. I have the spinner 20 points a spin. A good shot will get 300 or more points.

I knew you would say classic stern. I’ll keep an eye out but going to try new targets first.

1 week later
    #100 6 years ago

Just finished a few non GITS projects so time to add some more stuff.
    Playfeild is out and it’s getting ramp switches. I think. A repair is getting picked up next week. So I plan on making a huge order. Auto launcher, more switch boards, and a single board pc.
    In the mean time. I get to experiment with ramp switches and skill shot programming.

I’ll have some game play footage up tomorrow as well.

4AB8F356-A185-4CDE-8682-1AF2500E8588 (resized).jpeg4AB8F356-A185-4CDE-8682-1AF2500E8588 (resized).jpeg

There are 498 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghost-in-the-shell-the-pinball-complex/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.