Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 498 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Fortytwo
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A02A4310-B070-4C77-9EE0-AE7A73A5DA6B (resized).jpeg
    091F3D43-5FE7-40BE-9F24-C35F9BFA994B (resized).jpeg
    10162450-4D85-47A8-972F-1BA88E50DF49 (resized).jpeg
    81E2588C-2B5A-4351-BAA6-2F2BE214756B (resized).jpeg
    marco_facebook_ghost_in_shell (resized).png
    2F1AC90E-ECAD-4D0A-AD7D-0FE78584B42C (resized).jpeg
    CA95837B-2AAD-48BB-9357-166490F8A187 (resized).jpeg
    CB03F3A3-4B7F-4DC7-8F6C-7D612D33093E (resized).jpeg
    DAE7A839-C589-45F4-B36C-85FFE93F8EB3 (resized).jpeg
    D6153437-C981-483D-9F8F-F3BEABF49004 (resized).jpeg
    09F595C3-0E30-4CF7-A359-FB3DFD2A6154 (resized).jpeg
    7E84FDEE-46A2-4AE8-9900-6EFF9888CA7D (resized).jpeg
    DBD9F0B7-2BEE-4E06-AE0A-B1826E0A84E6 (resized).jpeg
    E069A658-5952-47C0-B163-1C2A84516174 (resized).jpeg
    FF8AFB40-C178-4398-A338-103857AB5813 (resized).jpeg
    F5F01F08-C3AB-4B9A-9AC1-E448D56A55BD (resized).jpeg
    There are 498 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
    #1 6 years ago

Hello.
    I have wanted to build a custom Pinball for a while. But have found reasons to not move forward. Within the last few months a few things happened that got me going. Started with some positive encouragement from @thenotrashcougar. Then GITS live action movie release, causing me to rewatch all the dvds. And lastly a real good deal on a Aerosmith lower cabinet.
    I also feel the Hardware and software avalible is in a position where it’s solid and have a community big enough to keep me going.

I have been working on this for a couple months. And decided it’s time for a pinside thread.

Thanks and stay tuned for more.

FortyTwo

#2 6 years ago

Theme selection;
    I was for the longest time going with Cowboy Bebop. But got hoked into GITS since and changed my mind. It’s a dream theme for a few reasons. It’s a futuristic world that’s also gritty and mechanical. It’s has a big enough following to have some toys etc avalible but not big enough to get a actual production game built. I would hate to get overshadowed by stern.

This is a build for myself. No plans on production or getting a license. It’s a not for sale personal project. I am using P3-Roc hardware and skeleton games framework.
    Enjoy.

#3 6 years ago

My intro video for the project.

#4 6 years ago

Sweet. Following. Good luck!

#5 6 years ago

Thanks. Currently not too much of it is theme related. But I’ll get there.

The most recent videos posted. Making good progress on the white wood.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Thanks. Currently not too much of it is theme related. But I’ll get there.
    The most recent videos posted. Making good progress on the white wood.
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video

Congrats, you've already surpassed JPOP at the end of his year 4. Two months in you are going strong, my friend.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Congrats, you've already surpassed JPOP at the end of his year 4. Two months in you are going strong, my friend.

Thanks man. Good to see I’m holding my own to a “professional”. Lol.

I made some progress. Not enough for an update video. But here’s a gameplay link.

The right orbit is a satisfying shot and the left mini orbit works. Adding a spinner there soon.

#8 6 years ago

Added some plastic skinny posts to simulate ramp and lane openings. So far it’s shooting real nice. So nice with some minor changes I don’t think the upper flipper will be required.
    Even considering a total revamp of the proposed upper playfeild. May eliminate it just for some fun ramp action. Don’t know.

#9 6 years ago

Making progress on the first whitewood layout. Need to work on ramps next. Some changes from the original plan. But shooting Good.
    FortyTwo

E2375C29-8940-45F9-8BBD-F5641B083554 (resized).jpegE2375C29-8940-45F9-8BBD-F5641B083554 (resized).jpeg

#10 6 years ago

Have the left ramp/s built. Could look nicer but happy it shooting real good. Both directions are easily makeable. A Lower shot is loop able too. I got 4 ramp loops in a row when testing.

Started working on a ball lock mock-up and have to stop to wait for glue. I can’t build the rift ramp until this is installed. Need to make sure I can feed it.

DD101F44-33A4-4295-A5DF-D204CABCCF52 (resized).jpegDD101F44-33A4-4295-A5DF-D204CABCCF52 (resized).jpeg

4ABF1B00-B3D6-4D90-9669-C3845875C45D (resized).jpeg4ABF1B00-B3D6-4D90-9669-C3845875C45D (resized).jpeg

#11 6 years ago

I decided to add standups instead of black posts. 2501 which will start a puppeteer hurry up. Chase the 2501 target lights and catch the shot then depending on what one is stopped you have to make a second shot. Most likely a ramp.

#13 6 years ago

well that left ramp thingy is sure interesting!

#14 6 years ago

It does what a ramp normally does on a stern game. Return the ball to the flipper. So I essitantly have two ramp shots that are loopable.
    Switches code and time will tell.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from fantarama:

well that left ramp thingy is sure interesting!

Agreed!

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

It does what a ramp normally does on a stern game. Return the ball to the flipper. So I essitantly have two ramp shots that are loopable.
    Switches code and time will tell.

Ramp is cool. Good thinking, never seen one like that before.

Who’s gonna be the first company to steal your idea?

rd

#17 6 years ago

Ramp is an awesome idea and nice implementation! Bravo.

#18 6 years ago

Thanks all.
    I am thinking of calling the left side the section 9 “headquarters” ramp. And the lower will be tachkoma ramp. Since they are housed more in a garage like facility.

rotordave I would say stern. JJP has at least a year before the next game launch. Spooky is busy with TNA and the next game I beleive is designed already. Sterns only creative designer is in legal trouble. So. I say sterns second game from next year. Lol.

#19 6 years ago

there seems to be some space under that ramp.. ramp lift up hit a gopher.. oh wait that's been done.. um.. ramp lift up hidden scoop to subway system.. yeah that's the ticket! would be cool if you could have a proximity sensor out front of the ramp so it wouldn't be open when you shoot, then bam! ball gone. modern gobble hole.

just a thought. looks cool

#20 6 years ago

BorgDog I see what your getting at. Could even be a standup like pinbot with a hurry-up shot. Would be interesting to implement if I need additional shots. I would have to consider the ball will be moving down the ramp too. So a eddy sensor might get prematurely activated too much. For complicated ness I do plan on adding a bunch to the right upper and mid. So stay tuned.

#21 6 years ago

Looks great, I like your left ramp loop back shot, very nicely done. I am sorry to say... I don't think that trough design is going to work however...

Ghost in the Shell is a great theme as well, Good luck and I will be following for sure!

-Jim

#22 6 years ago

Ha.
    But it’s almost like a bounce back. I do have a pbl through but before I can use it I need another sw-16 board and auto launcher and apron.
    Thanks.

#23 6 years ago

Ok. I am really going to try for a update video this weekend. Hope to give a discription if the playfeild layout and a base idea of rules.
    FortyTwo.

#24 6 years ago

Found this online and printed it on paper. I think I got my art for the head!

3B0D0D69-603F-4DC2-B442-ACEBF2E53D0D (resized).jpeg3B0D0D69-603F-4DC2-B442-ACEBF2E53D0D (resized).jpeg

#25 6 years ago

Awesome project - thanks for sharing this! I love the crossover between pinball and SFF. I'll be following your progress and enjoying the updates. Great job on the field and artwork so far!

#26 6 years ago

Looking sweet!

#27 6 years ago

Did some work this weekend on the upper PF area. And ramp. Also recorded some video for an update. Of course this was post recording.
    The entire upper PF is going to be 1/2 inch clear plexi. And so will the ball lock behind it.

4DEADBA2-51E5-41B0-AB0F-CD50FC06C347 (resized).jpeg4DEADBA2-51E5-41B0-AB0F-CD50FC06C347 (resized).jpeg

#28 6 years ago

Cool project! Keep up the enthusiasm. I loved the original GITS animated movie, looking forward to seeing where your project goes.

#29 6 years ago

Thanks. Project is really in the earily stages. But turning out to be a fun flipping game. I may be able to get the upper flipper figured out tonight.

#30 6 years ago

Strong work so far — love watching hb’s come together! I’m a number of weeks behind you — a few weeks from first flips but can’t wait to get to that point so I can do more focus on layout

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Strong work so far — love watching hb’s come together! I’m a number of weeks behind you — a few weeks from first flips but can’t wait to get to that point so I can do more focus on layout

Very cool. What's your theme? If you have a thread going I'd love to check it out. I waited until I got some steam before starting a thread.

#32 6 years ago

The flipper is officially hooked up. Had it flipping last night. I definitely need to adjust the posts on the upper PF. Thinking of some standups on the left. And when done I’m going to cut more of the playfeild off. Make it as small as it needs to be.

1A383BFF-DBBA-4D52-8CA0-AC4307938A1B (resized).jpeg1A383BFF-DBBA-4D52-8CA0-AC4307938A1B (resized).jpeg

#33 6 years ago

Awesome build. I also very much like the left ramp- so cool to see what comes out of someone thinking through a game and making ideas happen. Following for sure!

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Very cool. What's your theme? If you have a thread going I'd love to check it out. I waited until I got some steam before starting a thread.

No thread yet — wanted to wait as well for a flipping whitewood and for a theme decision. I wanted to do fight club for a long time but I am wavering now in possibly futuristic original theme of some sort either another advanced world or post-apocalyptic. Once I can get some layout ideas I should be able to decide. Watching threadsike yours though keep me motivated to plough ahead— love home brews! You on the pindev slack?

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

No thread yet — wanted to wait as well for a flipping whitewood and for a theme decision. I wanted to do fight club for a long time but I am wavering now in possibly futuristic original theme of some sort either another advanced world or post-apocalyptic. Once I can get some layout ideas I should be able to decide. Watching threadsike yours though keep me motivated to plough ahead— love home brews! You on the pindev slack?

Thanks. I find the community both helps keep me motivated and helps when I’m in a pickle.
    Yes I’m on there practically same name and avatar.
    FortyTwo-GITS

#36 6 years ago

There's a lot going on in there all of a sudden! Looks great.

#37 6 years ago

Thanks. Making good progress at the moment.
    Tonight I got the flippers all flipping correctly. And added some posts to the upper PF. I can now hit both ball lock holes. The right is a solid backhand. But need to try it with a thinner face. And I definitely will be cutting down the upper to exactly what’s required. Might put some standups if I can deem them an actual skill shot.
    FortyTwo

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Thanks. I find the community both helps keep me motivated and helps when I’m in a pickle.
    Yes I’m on there practically same name and avatar.
    FortyTwo-GITS

Cool. I’ll try to check in there more.. I was watching more but switched over to the FAST channel since I’m using their system. Hard to keep up on pindev, fast, and pinside

#39 6 years ago

just found your thread, some great ideas, very cool left dual direction ramp....

#40 6 years ago

In progress of ripping a bunch apart to add more.
    Made some progress on the upper playfeild. Added a shot that will be timed to complete “thermo optic camouflage”. Will either give you higher playfeild scoring for a set time or move you a shot further in a given mode. This shot may have a gate to lock it.

975C6EB1-B60D-47E7-B9A8-EDC32EA7D86D (resized).jpeg975C6EB1-B60D-47E7-B9A8-EDC32EA7D86D (resized).jpeg

#41 6 years ago

Made some good progress the last couple days. I now have a through and pop bumper. Added a second sw-16 board and added four standups. I have a bunch of under playfeild switches to still add and wire in. But getting close to having something to code with. Not concerned with inserts and lights at this time.

Main parts I still need to get are;
    Auto launcher with switch
    Another sw-16

Main fabrication I still need;
    Connect the upper playfeild hole
    Switches on everything. Lanes ramps etc.
    Eventually add blue bumper to left lane and spinner lane.
    Tweak shots.

It’s time to stop working on this for a couple weeks and prep for a upcoming party.
    Stay tuned.
    And thanks for following.
    Happy holidays
    FortyTwo

C3A81365-D229-4FD3-A846-31360944A61F (resized).jpegC3A81365-D229-4FD3-A846-31360944A61F (resized).jpeg

#42 6 years ago

Is the right ramp hard to hit? It seems like on odd angle to shoot for from the left flipper, where-as the left ramp is a pretty reliable shot with the curvature of the ramp.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Is the right ramp hard to hit? It seems like on odd angle to shoot for from the left flipper, where-as the left ramp is a pretty reliable shot with the curvature of the ramp.

The ramp opening is 2 3/8. In perspective All of taxis ramp shots are 2 - 2 1/2. It’s rise is 1/2 inch shorter than GB premium and run is 1 inch longer. So no power issues. And as far as the angle looks are deceiving. Originally the base metal went one way but the walls are opened up now. I squared it up to the left flipper and is a makeable shot. But like Aerosmith. You have to line it up.

I’m open to you swinging by sometime and flipping on it. More opinions the better.

#44 6 years ago

Good luck with this!
    following the topic.

#45 6 years ago

Here's an update on Ed's project, enjoy!

This is video that Ed asked me to edit 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately I got busy (sorry Ed for the delay in getting this out).
    -Jeremy-

#46 6 years ago

Thanks Jeremy. Vid looks good. Thanks for editing out the dead air. No problem on the timing. I have made progress since but will have a few weeks of no productivity. I’ll make a catch-up after the New Years.

#47 6 years ago

Well done! You speak well and give a good presentation (love the pointer).
    I expect you to be designing games for JJP or Stern in the near future.

#48 6 years ago

I got a chance to flip GITS yesterday. The left ramp is really smooth, both directions. The right ramp is a challenging shot, but a good flip will get it up to the upper playfield consistently. I think the picture is deceiving as it looks like the angle of the ramp would be wrong, but it plays fine. Overall, good progress and I'm looking forward to playing it as it progresses.

#49 6 years ago

Looking killer!

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from miracleman:

Well done! You speak well and give a good presentation (love the pointer).
    I expect you to be designing games for JJP or Stern in the near future.

Thanks. Pointer equals random peice of wood. Works better than usin my hand and obstructing the shot.
    I would definitely quit my current job to design or program professionally. By that’s more of a pipe dream. Right now focusing on my project and try to make the best game for me.

There are 498 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghost-in-the-shell-the-pinball-complex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.