Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by hawkmoon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Well I have had my GB Premium for just over two weeks now and here is my .02 for what it's worth:

Readers Digest of obtaining one. I was lucky to catch a distributor who happen to have one from a cancellation. Paid $200 more then other distributors because "I have one and they don't" whatever, sent the money and the game shipped next day. Game arrives and has a fork tear in the box though after inspection, it didn't appear to have hit the game looking through the hole. Called distributor and they advised that I wright "subject to inspection" on the bill. **note** if you pick the game up at the terminal OPEN THE BOX!!

Got the game home, unloaded, got the game room ready and started to unbox. That is when I noticed all 4 corners were damaged and the whole front of the cabinet had shifted. It was like taking a kids toy away at Christmas!!

Filed claim with shipper, they came and inspected and agreed it must have been dropped. Called distributor and of course they don't have one and will do their best to get another sent out. Was told Monday/Tuesday and it didn't ship until Thursday. Literally on my way to pick it up on Friday I get an E-Mail "please open box at terminal, may be wrong game"....you guessed it, sure enough it was a Spiderman shipped in a Ghostbusters Box....they send another that arrives Monday. Picked game up, inspected and all looks good, were headed home!

Called my distributor asking for a little compensation for all the headaches and was told basically there is nothing he can do as the Stern peeps were headed to Florida for the IAAPA show. Funny thing is, so was I. He told me "good you can talk to them yourself".

Visited the Stern booth and met with Patrick Powers and Gary. Told my story and pleaded for a topper for my troubles. Yeah like that was gonna happen. Ended the conversation with "we will send you a signed translite"....whatever, beats a sharp stick in the eye I guess.

Get the game setup in the game room and fired it up! Game looks great, no PF issues as of yet (10-30 date). Slimer did drag his but, a little adjustment and he's good. After maybe 15 games the right flipper had slipped and required adjustment...boy you sure do have to get those gorilla tight!!

Installed Art's airball protector and some cliffy protectors. Still getting airballs. Noticed the right Scoleri target not sitting flush. Adjusted with the two screws and all is good though airballs are still somewhat of an issue...

The right ramp will need some tweaks and the inlane/outlane ball hops are crazy, looking for best solution for those.

All in all, I am very happy with the purchase. It is a brutal game though I agree it should make me a better player.

Please please make a color display, the red is TERRIBLE!

Happy Ghostbusting!

#2 7 years ago

WOW,thanks for posting your experience!! I'm still waiting for my GB/PRe to arrive!I don't have the skills you have,so I hope mine will not need a ton of TLC!!I've read the"red" display is a dud,and,some of the call outs are loud! Are you having any trouble with noise from the backbox??Some have posted a sound from the back box that sounds like a tornado,can you comment on that??What setting are you starting out on?? Easy,medium,and last question,what code did your pin come with?? I also read 1.11 sucks! Thank you for your help!

#3 7 years ago

Hi! Trust me, my skills are not even skills LOL. Just a couple of screws...

Didn't notice any call outs that are louder then others...

Have not dived into any of the settings so whatever comes from the factory...

Noise from the backbox, sounds like a fan, noticeable but not terrible...

Great game!

#4 7 years ago

Obviously updating your other thread would prove to be too difficult.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-story-of-the-little-guy-vs-the-distributor-vs-stern

#5 7 years ago

Crazy story.
Glad you got a nice game in the end.
You can stop 90% of the Outlane ball hop overs by simply raising the playfield and taping up the guide rail a bit from the underside.
They hammer them in flush at the factory. If you raise the top end about 1/4 inch it will help you out a lot.

#6 7 years ago

Thank you for posting!! I knew about the guide rail height,thanks to Arcade for that heads up!! I already bought a pin guide for that purpose!! And the PBL lane guide with center post!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghost-busters-premium-honeymoon-phase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.