Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DRDAVE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I just got a Premium GB with 1.13 code. The left flipper seems to lose strength. Could this be an issue with the code or the coil? I notice the right is fine and when I set the coil strength in setting it's really weak.

I haven't metered out the coil yet as it takes place as you play. Starts out somewhat ok but as you play it seems to get weaker.

Shame this happens to new games.

Anyone else have problems with their drop targets? Mine both broke. They don't stay up anymore. Seems the plastic ledge is very thin and cheap. I can't imagine these targets holing up well over time.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from mskoenen:

I'm having the same issue with my Game of Thrones premium. My left flipper becomes very weak after playing for about a couple of minutes or so. I checked my EOS switch, but it seems fine (when the flipper is in the "flipped" position, the gap is about 1/8"). I also tried swapping node boards to see if the problem followed the board, but it did not.

Could it be the coil? Maybe I will swap the coils and see if the problem moves to the right.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from mskoenen:

It might be, but I'm not sure. Let me know what you find if you swap the coil.
    It's just such a weird issue. Mine works fine for the first few minutes of the game, then it starts to come and go. Then, the whole thing starts over when I start a new game.

Exactly the same problem with mine. After a few min the left flipper is useless.

#9 7 years ago

Ok, I have a new one. Tonight I got multiball and had 5 or 6 balls going and the flippers became delayed. every flip was off by a few sec. This made it nearly impossible to hit the balls. As they drained, things went back to normal. Then I got the ball in the right hole and it stayed there. Never did a ball search just kept going in a mode, then out and back into a mode. I had to eventually open the coin door and manually pop the ball out. I hope all this is software issues.

Is it just me, or did they remove the high voltage actuator switch on the coin door? Mine does not have it.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from mskoenen:

Mine did not have it either.

That's weird isn't it? My TWD LE and Met Pro both have it. Why would they remove it?

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

If I were you I would call stern. You may have node board problems. I don't think It's software, as not everyone is having this issue.
    Also, what multiball were you in? If you were in mass hysteria remember the flippers are switched.

It wasn't mass hysteria, It was a multiball that had add a ball. I had around 5 balls going if I recall.

Stern tech told me that the node boards are not warrantied through them. Said I need to call the mfg of the Node Board. This sucks.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from ExtremePinball:

"seems fine" means nothing. I had this exact problem on my GB right out of the box. My EOS seemed fine too, but after eliminating all other possibilities, I just replaced the EOS switch, and it's been fine since.... over 4 months & thousands of plays later.

I think I will give that a try. Makes sense. Thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghost-busters-prem-flipper-issue?tu=Edster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.