7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pindude80
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I am trying to figure out what is the best strategy for getting big points in GB, especially with the most recent code update, not sure if that added anything as far as scoring strategy or not.

I've been trying to do WCWS, but am having a problem not knowing when the mode ends. For example I will start Spooked Librarian, there will be 4 arrows that light at the beginning of the mode I would think that you need to extinguish all arrows then start the next mode, but I've gone up the left ramp or around right orbit and it will start one of those modes, which I don't want, I would want to start Back Off Man at the left scoop to work towards WCWS. Can anyone tell me how I know when a mode is almost finished so i can start the next one in the ladder I am working on?

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

You need to hit the four shots, but if your 4th one is up the ramp or into the right orbit, then you will immediately start the next mode on that ladder.
This is from successfully completing the previos mode.
If you save your last shot for the right ramp or left loop, then you would be able to start Back off Man.

I was thinking for some reason i've seen it start another mode with more than one arrow left lit. I will have to pay close attention next time I am playing it.

So, the right ramp or left loop will start the next mode if it's the last shot? Interesting, didn't know that.

1 week later
#6 7 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

You need to hit the four shots, but if your 4th one is up the ramp or into the right orbit, then you will immediately start the next mode on that ladder.
This is from successfully completing the previos mode.
If you save your last shot for the right ramp or left loop, then you would be able to start Back off Man.

I was testing this last night and this doesn't seem to be right. I started off with Spooked Librarian, it lit 4 arrows I went up the left ramp once, the light didn't go out, then went up the left ramp again and it started the We Got One, which is the first mode on that ladder. In that mode or maybe the next one up it lights the left orbit and left ramp, I made one of those two and then I think the lit arrows, 2 of them, moved to the right orbit and right ramp. So it seems at the beginning of each mode it doesn't light four arrows and you have to extinguish them all and wherever the last one is will start that next mode in the ladder. So, I'm still at a loss on how you know a mode will end so you can strategically plan on what mode to start next.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Indeed. I believe that all the first level modes of each mode "ladder" only require 3 shots. Spooked Librarian is very friendly in that you have multiple shots to choose for each shot. Also note that a shot to the spinner (although lit, but lit red) does NOT count as a mode shot, but does increase your SJP value.

Ok, this would make more sense that each ladder level requires x number of shots. I will have to experiment around with this strategy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghosbusters-strategy-and-mode-question?tu=pindude80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.