(Topic ID: 296868)

Getting repair experience

By crazycatguy42

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hi guys, is there anyone here in the Goulburn Valley area in Shepparton that owns Pinballs? I'm
    wanting to learn about pinball repair and I'm looking to get some hands-on experience. I've already
    watched some videos on it, and I want to get some physical practice as well. If there's anyone in the area
    that would be willing to help I'd be very grateful!!

#2 2 years ago

Buy a broken game and fix it up. That's really the best approach.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Buy a broken game and fix it up. That's really the best approach.

Check your area for what games are around. Try and find a manufacturer that is well represented in your area. Might make getting parts and help easier.

LTG : )

#4 2 years ago

Just start a repair business and then start threads on how to repair things here...I see it all the time
    seriously

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Just start a repair business and then start threads on how to repair things here...I see it all the time
    seriously

Wow. I thought I was the only person who had this thought. I secretly let out a chuckle each time I see such a thread.

OP: There are a few collectors in the Melbourne metropolitan area. I know it's not "in your backyard" but it might be worth connecting with someone in that local area. It might also help to change the title of the thread to mention your locale as you mention you want hands-on (physical) experience.

#6 2 years ago

I can’t help you out now,but if you do get good at pinball repair,you can fix my games anytime they breakdown , to help sharpen up your skill set.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

//<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"1911c0cdacbb89480b56303d0d53bdb14245114d-1626408502-1800"};
    //]]>

seriously

Well, you know what they say: in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getting-repair-experience?hl=chas10e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.