(Topic ID: 199009)

Getting PM's from people about downvotes?

By jgentry

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 284 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a3484c9f104a60000beaddf5a2ab87c0 (resized).jpg
star trek red shirt (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
old-man-yells-at-cloud (resized).jpg
Loser (resized).jpg
cq5dam.web.1280.1280 (resized).png
IMG_1943 (resized).JPG
BFE2811A-1ECE-41CB-B889-45382B163062 (resized).jpeg
Real Life Freddie Mercury (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
pin1 (resized).png
IMG_3483 (resized).JPG
image.jpg
IMG_3486 (resized).PNG
IMG_3484 (resized).JPG
a47 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Are a bunch of people getting PM's from people that they down vote or am I just the lucky one? Never really had this happen until a couple of months ago but now it seems like 1 out of 3 sends me some angry PM demanding that I explain my down vote. Or even worse, an angry PM explaining to me their life situation and why they posted what they did.
It's just a down vote people, it only means I disagree with you. I do not want to hear your background story, I do not need to explain to you my opinion, and I am not required to post a response in the thread so that you can respond. Stop being so sensitive. I probably up vote 10 posts for every one I down vote.

I'm used to getting PMs from people who think I suck.

Never in my life could I fathom being so annoyed by a post that I'd send someone a personal message to tell them how much I hate them, but hey it takes all kinds.

Just block them and move on. It's best for everyone.

And yes, you can turn off the thumbs deal, or just turn off giving and taking thumbs down like I did. Everything is cheery in my thumbland.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

That's not it Just kidding. Totally agree with you on this one. Mind you i've never received hate mail before so I guess I haven't achieved CrazyLevi level mode yet.

The best one I ever got was "Go shit on a sidewalk!!!!"

I sent a bitchy and nasty response but I gotta admit I was chuckling when I opened that one up.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I would never respond to down votes but I do find them interesting. I don't know why the forum has them. It just makes it blatantly obvious there are a lot of crotchety dudes around here spreading their negativity. I try not to downvote anyone but I am sure I have before. Down votes just make me think of this.

The most annoying thing about the up/downvotes for me is it allows people to blatantly participate in prohibited topics, especially political discussions and crude insults, without consequence. Someone can post something saying Trump sucks or NFL players suck, and people can enthusiastically thumb it up and they can do so without fear of moderation. I've done it too - and why not? There's no risk and everybody else is doing it. But it's really not much worse than what the "offender" is doing, and it certainly stokes the prohibited discussion just as much as responding in a post does.

#72 6 years ago

Oh god here comes 20 straight sarcastic "safe space" and "triggering" posts from the usual suspects...

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Just tell the tools you will take a knee for them
Stupid snowflakes

Right on cue

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

+ 1000 thumbs up
Ignore feature is fantastic
Cornelius is back under a different name
Some people go through life with a chip on their shoulder
Some people need to lighten the F up

Corny's back?

I doubt it. He'd out himself in about 10 minutes. There's only one Cornelius!

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I actually specifically used the term dude and not "old man" in my post. Yet here you are with the negativity and aggression. You basically make my case. No idea what is up your arse today.

A thumb.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What he really hated most was the old white rich echo chamber I lived in. Even though I was younger & made less monies then him, and disagree with most people on this site.
Man those were the glory days of Pinside.

I don't think you made less money than him.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Because he didn't have a job
Or he lost it recently, babysitting his grandmother or something like that?

Something like that, but a little more pathetic.

With him, it was ALWAYS a little more pathetic.

#112 6 years ago

Yay everybody! Corny's back!

Your idiot friend wants to take a "creepy" pic of me while he's in my bar putting up shitty scores on my machine (come on Corny, even YOU can do better than 25,000 on Dialed In!!) of course I'm flipping him the bird.

And really I was flipping you the bird.

But welcome back. I'm sure you've learned a lot and changed your behavior and are ready to become a positive contributor to the pinball community.

Or maybe you'll just still be a hot, stalky mess who manages to get himself banned from more pinball events.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Couldn't hold it back any longer, could you.
And yes, someone flipping off a camera in a background is funny, was funny, and will continue to be funny. Might want to lighten up and enjoy life.

Man what kind of Pearl clutching SJW doesn't see the humor in that pic?!

#154 6 years ago

Atari roots / Cornelius (not his government name!!!!) was banned from replay FX FOR LIFE for making death threats to other attendees. He was banned from the SoCo bar league he played in for making other players uncomfortable. He's been banned from every pinball and arcade forum, including this one.

These are facts. Even he won't dispute this.

He's always got a fresh sob story but it always comes back to his sociopathic and anti-social behavior. This is nothing new.

He's had a million chances to change but he's incapable of it. So what are you gonna do?

#188 6 years ago

Damn did corny win the lottery?

I gotta say donating to buy ban immunity is a novel angle but i don't think it legit works.

I wonder how much Atari Boots is gonna donate.

#269 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

You dang right!! Last thing I need is a cell phone on my hip or in my hand 24 hours a day. People drive me nuts with that crap, its like there world will end if they don't get a message or call at that moment....Ugh!! I've done without a cell phone for the last 49 years and I don't need to have one now, just more trouble then it's worth for me personally.
John

You got along without the internet for like 35 years, yet here we are.

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

There are actually alot of arguments that social media and smart phones are making humans more social, which is surprising to me. More people are connecting with each othes than ever before.

It's true. I argue with more people from more backgrounds and geographic locations than ever before - like a 20X factor than before all this smartphone business. Back in the day it was tough to carry on petty fights with more than 3 or 4 people at a time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getting-pms-from-people-about-downvotes?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.