(Topic ID: 199009)

Getting PM's from people about downvotes?

By jgentry

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 284 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

a3484c9f104a60000beaddf5a2ab87c0 (resized).jpg
star trek red shirt (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
old-man-yells-at-cloud (resized).jpg
Loser (resized).jpg
cq5dam.web.1280.1280 (resized).png
IMG_1943 (resized).JPG
BFE2811A-1ECE-41CB-B889-45382B163062 (resized).jpeg
Real Life Freddie Mercury (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
pin1 (resized).png
IMG_3483 (resized).JPG
image.jpg
IMG_3486 (resized).PNG
IMG_3484 (resized).JPG
a47 (resized).jpg

There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Its everywhere, right now.

It sucks. Wasn't this supposed to be the sport of rebels, and outcasts? Now it's just a bunch of rich white dudes deciding who can play where and angry jerks who somehow found another hobby to infect.

#152 1 year ago

Im sorry, I dont see it this way.

I have spent now 8 months at a new "job" since I retired, and it has been in social media analysis, from the sociological and political perspective.
This forum, and Pinball has been about the best there is in focus and civility.
The events of the world do creep in, sometimes in mood or attitude, and indeed their are a few bumps.
But Id rather be here, than any other board because of all the great people, not the few that might
not agree.

Sorry that you feel this way, maybe its time to tune out and play some pinball!

#153 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im sorry, I dont see it this way.
I have spent now 8 months at a new "job" since I retired, and it has been in social media analysis, from the sociological and political perspective.
This forum, and Pinball has been about the best there is in focus and civility.
The events of the world do creep in, sometimes in mood or attitude, and indeed their are a few bumps.
But Id rather be here, than any other board because of all the great people, not the few that might
not agree.
Sorry that you feel this way, maybe its time to tune out and play some pinball!

I mean it does have more value than an echo chamber / anger pit such as tiltforums, but still. There a certain few people on here who rant and rave more than the others, and to an outsider / someone new to the industry, it comes off as... hostile. Like, people knowing what's what and that's it.

BTW it's kinda condescending to suggest that "well, if you don't like it, perhaps you should do something else". Everyones voice should be valued on a message board. Even if you don't like what I'm saying, as long as I am not breaking any of the terms allowing people to post here, it should be valued. Don't be like other pinball message boards where they shut down any conversation that offends them. Let Pinside be the illustrious, international place for people to speak their minds!!

#154 1 year ago

Atari roots / Cornelius (not his government name!!!!) was banned from replay FX FOR LIFE for making death threats to other attendees. He was banned from the SoCo bar league he played in for making other players uncomfortable. He's been banned from every pinball and arcade forum, including this one.

These are facts. Even he won't dispute this.

He's always got a fresh sob story but it always comes back to his sociopathic and anti-social behavior. This is nothing new.

He's had a million chances to change but he's incapable of it. So what are you gonna do?

#155 1 year ago
Quoted from AtariRoots:

BTW it's kinda condescending to suggest that "well, if you don't like it, perhaps you should do something else"

A friendly suggestion was all it was...you know clear your head if your upset.

If you find it condescending arent you exhibiting what you are complaining about?

Or am I missing your point...? Im not disagreeing with you, or trying to shut you up. Im just wondering what you expect to happen?

#156 1 year ago

CL seems very angry and agitated. Why is that, do you think?

it's hilarious that dude caught on camera flipping someone he doesn't know off is now going crazy, listing all these reasons why it's acceptable behavior for a grown ass man in his forties: "well, he isn't liked anywhere else! That's why I did it! It's someone else's fault, really!"

Still trying to understand why you

-gave someone you didn't know the finger
-kept a photo of that person that you didn't know that you gave the finger too

I mean, I must be crazy for thinking that's odd, right? It's obviously my problem.

#157 1 year ago

Remember back in the day when this thread had a different topic? I do.

#158 1 year ago
Quoted from dontfeed:

a47 (resized).jpg

#159 1 year ago

Being a rebel doesn't mean being an asshole or a psychopath.

And anyway, pinballers aren't rebels.

#160 1 year ago

I spent the day painting my house and thought I do a quick log-in to see how the conversation was goin... WTF??

#161 1 year ago

Beat me to it!

#162 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Being a rebel doesn't mean being an asshole or a psychopath.
And anyway, pinballers aren't rebels.

And yet, most pinballers I meet are assholes or psychopaths.

Must just be me though!

#163 1 year ago
Quoted from dontfeed:

People discussing things... on a message board!

Who'd have thunk it?

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A friendly suggestion was all it was...you know clear your head if your upset.
If you find it condescending arent you exhibiting what you are complaining about?
Or am I missing your point...? Im not disagreeing with you, or trying to shut you up. Im just wondering what you expect to happen?

I guess my issue is with how old Pinside heads always feel the need to lecture the noobs every time they post, whereas you let the millionth drunken ****** post slide by with no comment.

It's weak. Do you want discussion or do you want an echo chamber?

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from AtariRoots:

It sucks. Wasn't this supposed to be the sport of rebels, and outcasts? Now it's just a bunch of rich white dudes deciding who can play where and angry jerks who somehow found another hobby to infect.

I've met countless awesome people of both genders and several races in pinball. It may be your approach that is getting negative reactions.

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I've met countless awesome people of both genders and several races in pinball. It may be your approach that is getting negative reactions.

It may be, or it might just be some random person on the internet that doesn't know me absolving judgement.

Do you want to be that person, jgentry?

#166 1 year ago
Quoted from AtariRoots:

Must just be me though!

So your saying that your house contains a few more mirrors than the average house?

#167 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

So your saying that your house contains a few more mirrors than the average house?

let the first innocent cast a stone, person I haven't even had any conversation with ever before?

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from AtariRoots:

Must just be me though!

IMG_3484 (resized).JPG

#169 1 year ago
Quoted from AtariRoots:

let the first innocent cast a stone, person I haven't even had any conversation with ever before?

Welcome to the forum "dude who just got here yesterday".

#170 1 year ago
Quoted from AtariRoots:

Do you want discussion or do you want an echo chamber?

Im capable of both, but no thank you, Ill pass on it here.

Appreciate the effort. Good Luck as a New Person to Pinside!

#171 1 year ago
Quoted from AtariRoots:

It may be, or it might just be some random person on the internet that doesn't know me absolving judgement.
Do you want to be that person, jgentry?

Get some therapy man, you truly need some help. Quit trying to bring people down into your cesspool and deal with your own problems.

#172 1 year ago

oh ho ho, is that... is that what I think it is?

Quoted from starfighter:

Welcome to the forum "dude who just got here yesterday".

Tell me again why you felt the need to get involved in all of this, already?

It doesn't matter whether I just discovered the internet or if I've been here since Pinside was a BBS: all the people being unwelcoming and attempting to shut down conversation are a real plague on a message board.

#173 1 year ago

Yeah, this is the same psychopath that told forceflow to go kill himself on another forum. A real quality guy we want to have around on Pinside.

#174 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Get some therapy man, you truly need some help. Quit trying to bring people down into your cesspool and deal with your own problems.

I don't even know what you're talking about but thanks for the anger + armchair psychology, random person on the internet!

Quoted from vdojaq:

Yeah, this is the same psychopath that told forceflow to go kill himself on another forum. A real quality guy we want to have around on Pinside.

VDOQAK with the valuable contributions yet again.

Bubububu teacher! AtariRoots hurt my FEWWWINGS

dude aren't you a MAGA? come on man, butch up. You cry more than my daughter.

#175 1 year ago

Does anyone else feel left out that they haven't received any angry PM's for downvotes?

#176 1 year ago
Quoted from AtariRoots:

VDOQAK with the valuable contributions yet again.
Bubububu teacher! AtariRoots hurt my FEWWWINGS
dude aren't you a MAGA? come on man, butch up. You cry more than my daughter.

Thank you for the verification that you are in fact Cornelius. My comment was made with no quotes or names, but yet it was you, Cornelius, that took it and ran with it. Hook, line, and sinker. You are a pathetic, internet stalker. Go crawl back into your booze bottle and sewer you came out of. You self destructed your way to every kill file on RGP, and now you are back here because you just couldn't resist with your sociopath behavior. You bully, you random internet person, oh how quaint you are.

Like I was with you RGP, I am now done with you here. I just wanted to set the trap to make sure. Thank you for being you, you just couldn't resist.

#177 1 year ago
Quoted from AtariRoots:

Must just be me though!

Let me give it another shot.

IMG_3486 (resized).PNG

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from Travish:

...throw it in a fit of uncontrolled rage?

#179 1 year ago

$10 now. Crybaby VDOWACK, you gonna contribute anything to Pinside or just keep smashing that report button until your fat fingers catch a cramp?

Quoted from Travish:

So, why are you bullying me, again?

#180 1 year ago
Quoted from AtariToots:

$10 now. Crybaby VDOWACK, you gonna contribute anything to Pinside or just keep smashing that report button until your fat fingers catch a cramp?

So, why are you bullying me, again?

Bye

#181 1 year ago

Does that make you feel good, bro? To silence those you don't agree with?

Again, I can't really comprehend how you made a thread crying about "bububub people are messaging me!", while you continue to be a jerkface, conversation-ending charlatan otherwise.

#182 1 year ago

image.jpg

#183 1 year ago

why do people post this sort of thing? for upvotes and popularity?

I guarantee I just donated more than 90% of these clucking "dudes" have contributed - looking forward to contributing more!

F****ing savages.

#184 1 year ago
Quoted from AtariToots:

Does that make you feel good, bro? To silence those you don't agree with?

Yes, that's it exactly.

#185 1 year ago

Done, happy.

#186 1 year ago

He must have only been 1/2 way through his fifth.

#187 1 year ago

Surprised atari didn't make it to the homepin thread before the hammer came down.

#188 1 year ago

Damn did corny win the lottery?

I gotta say donating to buy ban immunity is a novel angle but i don't think it legit works.

I wonder how much Atari Boots is gonna donate.

#189 1 year ago

I'm just happy I got called a charlatan before he got banned.

#191 1 year ago

Holy bat-shit, folks. This is why you should never drink any booze that comes in plastic bottles.

Oh, and for Atari who sent me a PM asking what Alpha Mike Foxtrot means: Adios MoFO!

#192 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Damn did corny win the lottery?

AtariLoot?

#193 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Banned?!
Atari Moot.

And it seems like a post scrub.

And one of his follower friends gives me a down vote.

TIME FOR A PM!!!

#194 1 year ago

I'll wager some of my internet points that he comes back as "Atariboots".

#195 1 year ago

Ok guys, show's over.

Let's try to move it along here.

#196 1 year ago

I figured he wouldn't last past me eating dinner

The real Corny just couldn't contain himself

#197 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ok guys, show's over.

HOW CAN IT BE OVER

Quoted from gtxjoe:

Thumbs up/down is great
Maybe add an user option setting so users can make anonymous up/down votes. upset posters wont be able to PM or hassle them

THIS GUY GAVE ME A THUMBS DOWN!!! (About the offending person)

NEED TO POST!!!!!

#198 1 year ago

I took a pill one time that gave me one of those

#199 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's only one Cornelius!

True, but I'm pretty sure he is "schizo / dissociative identity disorder" enough that we could count him as several different people!

IMG_3483 (resized).JPG

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I took a pill one time that gave me one of those

Seek immediate medical attention.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.00
Cabinet Parts
Pappy's Pinball Palace
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
$ 209.99
$ 249.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 199.99
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside