(Topic ID: 199009)

Getting PM's from people about downvotes?

By jgentry

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 284 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a3484c9f104a60000beaddf5a2ab87c0 (resized).jpg
star trek red shirt (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
old-man-yells-at-cloud (resized).jpg
Loser (resized).jpg
cq5dam.web.1280.1280 (resized).png
IMG_1943 (resized).JPG
BFE2811A-1ECE-41CB-B889-45382B163062 (resized).jpeg
Real Life Freddie Mercury (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
pin1 (resized).png
IMG_3483 (resized).JPG
image.jpg
IMG_3486 (resized).PNG
IMG_3484 (resized).JPG
a47 (resized).jpg
There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 6 years ago

This is one of those days that pinside could really use centerflank's insite.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What he really hated most was the old white rich echo chamber I lived in. Even though I was younger & made less monies then him, and disagree with most people on this site.
Man those were the glory days of Pinside.

I don't think you made less money than him.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Me neither but it makes the story better.

Or did you mean his "after booze" take home pay?

#104 6 years ago

As the Guiness Book of World Record Holder for second most down votes in history on Pinside (the leader's name starts with a K) I fully agree with Jgentry's thread.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Because he didn't have a job

Or he lost it recently, babysitting his grandmother or something like that?

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Because he didn't have a job
Or he lost it recently, babysitting his grandmother or something like that?

Something like that, but a little more pathetic.

With him, it was ALWAYS a little more pathetic.

#107 6 years ago

image2 (resized).JPGimage2 (resized).JPG

#108 6 years ago

Facebook has this figured out. They use emojis. Who can really get upset about that cute little angry guy? It makes it more about the feeling you get from a post rather than a blatant “I DONT LIKE THIS!” reaction.

#109 6 years ago

Sometimes I wish I could thumbs up/down other peoples thumbs up/downs

#111 6 years ago

I guess it's only moderately creepy that, not only does CL give people he doesn't know the finger in photobombs, he also saves a pic of the person he's photobombing?

Seems like completely well adjusted behavior to me!

Also, please don't ruin the young mans' life in the pic like you've ruined other peoples. He's a somewhat innocent bystander.

#112 6 years ago

Yay everybody! Corny's back!

Your idiot friend wants to take a "creepy" pic of me while he's in my bar putting up shitty scores on my machine (come on Corny, even YOU can do better than 25,000 on Dialed In!!) of course I'm flipping him the bird.

And really I was flipping you the bird.

But welcome back. I'm sure you've learned a lot and changed your behavior and are ready to become a positive contributor to the pinball community.

Or maybe you'll just still be a hot, stalky mess who manages to get himself banned from more pinball events.

#113 6 years ago

I'm just curious, how many other Pinsiders go around flipping people they don't know the finger?

And on a side note, how many of those people are normally sober?

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from AtariRoots:

I'm just curious, how many other Pinsiders go around flipping people they don't know the finger?
And on a side note, how many of those people are normally sober?

Define sober? I flip off people I know and don't know all the time. Every last one of them had it coming.

#115 6 years ago

There isn't really multiple definitions of sober, that I'm aware of?

And I see by your upvote that you approve of ol' CL's behavior! Some well adjusted pinball players out there.

(discussion about upvotes in a thread about downvotes!?! Truly, we are through the looking glass, people)

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I flip off people I know and don't know all the time. Every last one of them had it coming.

Just hope somebody doesn't take it the wrong way and suddenly flip out a gun.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Corny's back?
I doubt it. He'd out himself in about 10 minutes. There's only one Cornelius!

Quoted from TheLaw:

Now THAT's a guy that could PM you aboot downvotes.

confirmed. dude was not shy about sending angry PMs if you found his constant meltdowns irritating.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just hope somebody doesn't take it the wrong way and suddenly flip out a gun.

I'm in Tennessee. Everyone's carrying a gun and the vast majority are doing it legally.

I don't really go around flipping everyone off. Unless I'm drunk and someone has a camera. For some reason alcohol and cameras brings out the double bird or as we call it in Tennessee, the Bud Adams.

Quoted from AtariRoots:

There isn't really multiple definitions of sober, that I'm aware of?
And I see by your upvote that you approve of ol' CL's behavior! Some well adjusted pinball players out there.
(discussion about upvotes in a thread about downvotes!?! Truly, we are through the looking glass, people)

I just thought the picture was pretty funny.

#119 6 years ago

What's also funny is the guys who are insecure will chastise you and say you are just looking for thumbs up.

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm in Tennessee. Everyone's carrying a gun and the vast majority are doing it legally.

That would sure solve a lot of problems in So Cal, let me tell ya!

#121 6 years ago

i use the thumbs down button as a way to register disagreement without derailing the thread.

the dudes who flip out over thumbs would flip out twice as much if they received negative written responses instead. in my opinion, getting rid of the thumbs would only lead to even greater cycles of drama.

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I just thought the picture was pretty funny.

I mean, yeah, it is hilarious to flip off people you don't know! The height of a civilized society right there.

By the way, does anyone recall the post where one of the lovely Pinside moderation staff said something to the effect of "if you have a problem with someone on Pinside, please take it to PM instead of subjecting us all to your ramblings"? It seems as though a person is actually following Pinside rules by contacting the person privately, rather than making a big CL-esque stink publicly.

I dunno.

Quoted from pezpunk:

confirmed. dude was not shy about sending angry PMs if you found his constant meltdowns irritating.

Do you ever get those little splotches on your hands from clutching your pearls so tightly?

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's a vital part of population control, lol

In all serious it definitely in a topic that people will disagree on. I will say that armed robberies of public places, car jackings, etc tend to be very low here. You have to be pretty desperate to try to steel from someone that can and will shoot back. Then add in that if it's a public place there is a strong chance others also have concealed carry permits and will assist the person in need. I have mixed feelings on it personally.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i use the thumbs down button as a way to register disagreement without derailing the thread.

I always feel honored when I get a pezpunk thumbs down. It means I'm doing my job. But apparently I haven't been doing my job lately.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've got a great screen shot of Corny flipping me the double bird on PM

I have a feeling adding more guns to Cali would NOT be a good thing!

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

the dudes who flip out over thumbs would flip out twice as much if they received negative written responses instead. in my opinion, getting rid of the thumbs would only lead to even greater cycles of drama.

Pez your down vote ratio is worse than mine, I knew i liked you, you aren't a go with the flow guy, often very wrong BUT its good not to take ourselves too seriously on a pinball forum.

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from AtariRoots:

I mean, yeah, it is hilarious to flip off people you don't know! The height of a civilized society right there.
By the way, does anyone recall the post where one of the lovely Pinside moderation staff said something to the effect of "if you have a problem with someone on Pinside, please take it to PM instead of subjecting us all to your ramblings"? It seems as though a person is actually following Pinside rules by contacting the person privately, rather than making a big CL-esque stink publicly.
I dunno.

Do you ever get those little splotches on your hands from clutching your pearls so tightly?

Couldn't hold it back any longer, could you.

And yes, someone flipping off a camera in a background is funny, was funny, and will continue to be funny. Might want to lighten up and enjoy life.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Que?

Quoted from jgentry:

And yes, someone flipping off a camera in a background is funny, was funny, and will continue to be funny. Might want to lighten up and enjoy life.

Oh, I do enjoy the invasion of peoples' privacy and acting like a neanderthal in public! I'm also a big fan of social justice, outrage culture, men who constantly make excuses for themselves, and driving slowly in the left hand lane.

#129 6 years ago

Thanks, right back at ya.

Quoted from thedefog:

I just honored you. Feel free to do the same.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Man what kind of Pearl clutching SJW doesn't see the humor in that pic?!

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man what kind of Pearl clutching SJW doesn't see the humor in that pic?!

Yeah, those tightly pursed lips and hate in those eyes just SCREAM the lulz!

Personally, if I were him, I'd be afraid of getting shivved by you in the alley after a few shitty games of Dialed In. All for, what? Not liking his initials? His associates? Your life?

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Why not just get rid of the thumbs down all together and make it a better place?
I just disables seeing thumbs down so go crazy guys.

I turned it back on. Now I know who all my secret stalkers are. Haha!

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from AtariRoots:

Que?

Oh, I do enjoy the invasion of peoples' privacy and acting like a neanderthal in public! I'm also a big fan of social justice, outrage culture, men who constantly make excuses for themselves, and driving slowly in the left hand lane.

Oh hello Cornelius! You wont be here long, will you?

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Oh hello Cornelius! You wont be here long, will you?

By the way - a great use of $5!

perhaps you should do the same?

#135 6 years ago

Alpha Mike Foxtrot, Cornelius!

#136 6 years ago

Between accusations of being Cornelius and / or Kaneda round these parts, I'm surprised y'all can spare any keystrokes for Pinball!

Lord, have mercy.

#137 6 years ago

In before the permanent ban!

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

In before the permanent ban!

In before you donate to the site you spend your every waking moment on, you mean?

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from robin:

The reason thumbs/down up were added (many years ago) was to get rid of all the +1 posts. And in that respect, it really helped. But unfortunately, it created new problems too. I have often thought of removing it (and we even did for a short time) but it's something so many are accustomed too, it's hard to do away with. And so we made it an option. Did I mention that yet? You can find it here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/settings#thumbs

I may be wrong, but I don't know that I've ever down voted someone since being on Pinside. I'd keep the up vote and remove the down vote. It breeds negativity on the site. If you disagree with something, this is a forum post about it. If you like it, up vote it. Please just get rid of that down vote. May be causing more issues than it solves.

If the system is to stay, why not put stats on the user under collection(front and center) that shows what that user gives for up and down votes as well as receives. It'd be nice to see how many people spend their days down voting others vs up voting.

#140 6 years ago

or the next meltdown

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

or the next meltdown

How many posts have you made in this thread?

How many of those posts were to bully someone?

Be the change you want to see in the world, baby doll.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from AtariRoots:

In before you donate to the site you spend your every waking moment on, you mean?

No, I am just trying to get permanently banned so I can come back under some other fake account and pretend it's not me.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

No, I am just trying to get permanently banned so I can come back under some other fake account and pretend it's not me.

I'm just kinda sad that you really don't add much to any conversations other than bullying, anger and butt kissing.

I mean, you do you, buddy.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from AtariRoots:

How many posts have you made in this thread?
How many of those posts were to bully someone?
Be the change you want to see in the world, baby doll.

LMFAO!

Won't be long now! Enjoy it while you can there Sparky! I think there might be a bottle of Sasha Vodka waiting for you!

Keep it coming, I can't pay for comedy this good!

#145 6 years ago

Yet another thread spiraling down into nothing but negativity and people got worked up because I said there are crotchety dudes here.

#146 6 years ago

What I don't understand about certain people is how they have this strange, compulsive need to always be a part of everything.

Like, I don't recall ever saying anything at all about this VGOJACQ fella, but he's in here harassing me like the success of Pinside depends on it. And for what? Because someone who he doesn't like has the nerve to POST?

The more and more I deal with people who play pinball, the more and more I realize that people that play pinball are... weird. Not all of them. But more and more the type who get easily upset and angry at every little thing and less and less of the type that just enjoy the silver ball.

Again, though: you do you. Your whatever persona seems to be a success. Keep doing it! But, hey, donate to Pinside. They're the people giving you the platform to spew your bile.

Quoted from Darscot:

Yet another thread spiraling down into nothing but negativity and people got worked up because I said there are crotchety dudes here.

I'm pretty sure that's not what is working the small, angry mob in here up.

Seems they're more interested in their various boogeymen, their Keyser Sozes, than anything else.

#147 6 years ago

Well this took a strange turn.

#148 6 years ago

Corn-Alias?

#149 6 years ago

You really are the master of contributing interesting content to a thread.

A winner is you!

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from AtariRoots:

But more and more the type who get easily upset and angry at every little thing and less and less of the type that just enjoy the silver ball.

Its everywhere, right now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getting-pms-from-people-about-downvotes/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.