Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 808 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8119 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8120 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8241 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8239 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8235 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8233 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8090 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8089 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8088 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7996 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lhyrgoif.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 1 year ago

Interesting idea with a thread for fixing up pins, I'm in.

#86 1 year ago

I don't have a shitload of pins as some of you lucky ones, got nine right now. Every game I buy I strip down to an empty playfield, replace all broken plastics, polish all metal parts , replace ugly screws, wax playfield, replace all coin sleeves and so on. If the backbox or cabinet edges are worn I use chemical wood to repair it and repaint with black.

All this takes a lot of time but I enjoy restoring pins to their old glory and its a fun process (apart from hand polishing metal, that part sucks as it's messy and a lot of work).

#87 1 year ago

As me and friends play regularly on my games some stuff obviously breaks or start malfunction now and then.

Currently I'm using a book where I make notes of what needs to be fixed for each of my games. It works but it feels a bit primitive, what solutions do you guys use?

I've been thinking of an excel sheet or similar digital way but then I would need a laptop in my mancave , something I currently don't have. It would also take space, be more hassle to power up compared to just picking up the book and so on.

1 week later
    #164 1 year ago

It's good to see the new page gospel spreading to other threads.

#187 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

If they fit, just put them in the coin box of the games.
    If they do not fit there, just put a box with the parts of them inside the game.
    All along I thought you invited me here to goof off, but now I see you need some pointers from me.
    With all the games you have, best is to put everything in the game that they belong to, OR, at least have boxes on a shelf for each game that you have parts, or paint, or anything else for, so it is all together and when you are ready to work on a certain game you can just grab the box off the shelf and get to work.
    Actually, I think the box on a shelf will work better. Just label the box which game it is for.
    Before you are ready to work on a game, long before, look over the game again and make a list of everything you need, and then check the box to make sure everything is there.
    No matter how hard you try, there will always be something else that you will find you need, that you only realized it at the last minute.
    Hell, all those years I did construction, after the material supply truck left, I would always see something else that was needed and have to run back to Home Depot.
    No matter how hard you try, you will always forget to order something, or find a new problem that also needs parts.

I always thought it was an Elf on a shelf, not a box.

Speaking of boxes, make sure its not this type of box:

6u4rho (resized).jpg6u4rho (resized).jpg
    #191 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

AND, after 10 more posts here, we will have a new page!

Hallelujah!

#203 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

You can type it out here….we don’t bite.

New page!
    NEW PAGE
    nEw PaGe
    Eww Page

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lhyrgoif.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getting-organized-with-ejs-and-little-johnny?tu=lhyrgoif and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.