Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 808 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8119 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8120 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8241 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8239 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8235 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8233 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8090 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8089 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8088 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7996 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 1 year ago

Wazzup!

#22 1 year ago

Everyone that posts here gets a upvote from me for every post they make!

#25 1 year ago

I am not soft, I do not get my feelings hurt, so insult me if you want, and you still get a THUMBS UP!

(This is not the basement though, so keep it clean while having fun!)

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

It's overwhelming how much I have to work on when you look at it all on a screen.

Keep on working!

I am here goofing off now!

#29 1 year ago

So, while ago we (Me and the girlfriend) watched a M. Night Shyamalan movie called "Old".

I thought it was very good. I love his movies.

With the twist at the end of "The Village", I knew this movie had to also have some awesome twist at the end also, and it did not disappoint!

#31 1 year ago

20 posts away from a NEW PAGE!

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

More
    Is it on Netflix or Prime?

Actually, it is DISHTV, and HBO is free there this month, so I have been taking advantage.

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Actually, it is DISHTV, and HBO is free there this month, so I have been taking advantage.

Confess I love the quoting myself feature here!

#37 1 year ago

I watched the last half of The Mule, with Clint Eastwood the other night, and that is what we are watching tomorrow night.

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Well I’m out. Actually pinballplusMN just canceled his dish last month

Canceling mine as soon as my contract is up.

#41 1 year ago

Canceling mine as soon as my contract is up.

I have found that with a really good antenna, there is plenty of free TV available, and some of those channels are all movies, no, not the latest, but FREE, and I LOVE FREE!

#42 1 year ago

I am not talkative in the morning, but late at night, when I goof off here, it is brought to you by the fine makers of:

IMG_20220909_231358550 (resized).jpgIMG_20220909_231358550 (resized).jpg
    #44 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

You don't even need an antenna anymore. If you have internet Samsung throws a whole free digital package together for you.
    They have a lot of 24/7 channels some that rotate. One plays 007 movies, another is constant Joy of Painting.

So I need to buy a Samsung TV?

#46 1 year ago

Getting close to page 2 here!

Hell Yeah!

#49 1 year ago

If we make it to page 2, we have already done better than a whole lot of new threads here!

Someday, we may even overtake the NFL Thread!

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Your very excited about these pages Johnny.
    Okay who did a better version of Turn the Page. Bob Segar or Metallica?

Dead even! I love both of them!

#51 1 year ago

New Page!

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Your very excited about these pages Johnny.

Hell Yeah, I am.

#55 1 year ago

Kind of funny, thinking about all those long posts I have made in the confessional.

I love doing that, and I still plan to.

BUT! If I broke all that down and posted in a thread somewhere, that thread would already be ahead of the NFL Thread.

#56 1 year ago

BUT! If I broke all that down and posted in a thread somewhere, that thread would already be ahead of the NFL Thread.

I just love goofing off and making posts and leaving plenty of upvotes after a few beers.

#59 1 year ago

I just love goofing off and making posts and leaving plenty of upvotes after a few beers.

Pretty sure I maxed out on achievement points long ago for giving and receiving upvotes.

I don't give a damn, I love upvoting, and I plan to leave plenty for as long as I am alive.

#61 1 year ago

I love upvoting, and I plan to leave plenty for as long as I am alive.

As long as no bickering.

#62 1 year ago

Anyone that needs some upvotes can post here and get one from me anytime!

#63 1 year ago

And intermission for me now, while I go upvote some other threads that I have also promised I would always upvote.

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

You are very dedicated to your cause.
    I'm probably going to call it a night. That super straight isn't going to shop itself out tomorrow.
    My goal is to play it this weekend in it's cleaned up state.

Yeah, I just read over 100 posts and left upvotes for them in a few other threads.

#66 1 year ago

Having my last beer of the night now.

#67 1 year ago

Tomorrow night I will not be available to make posts or leave upvotes, but I will catch up, I always do.

#68 1 year ago

I just lied.

#69 1 year ago

But not on purpose!

I said last beer, but I am still thirsty, so I just put another beer in the freezer.

#70 1 year ago

But not on purpose!
    I said last beer, but I am still thirsty, so I just put another beer in the freezer.

HELL YEAH!

I just realized that I just made post #69 here!

I have been in some threads where members try to make the 10,000th post or something.

I let them have that, I never even tried.

When all is said and done and I am dead, my post #69 will live on here FOREVER!

#71 1 year ago

I have a very long way to go, but I confess I really hope to someday make my 80085 post here!

(In real life I actually like nice legs, but on a calculator about the funniest thing you can spell: BOOBS).

#72 1 year ago

I have a very long way to go, but I confess I really hope to someday make my 80085 post here!
    (In real life I actually like nice legs, but on a calculator about the funniest thing you can spell: BOOBS).

And while my body may be mid 50's now, I am still stuck on 12 in my mind.

#73 1 year ago

Anyway, long ago I kind of reached out for some help here, with a non-pinball issue, and EJS was the only one to offer help.

#74 1 year ago

Anyway, long ago I kind of reached out for some help here, with a non-pinball issue, and EJS was the only one to offer help.

We have not met in person yet, but soon he is supposed to stop by.

#75 1 year ago

We have not met in person yet, but soon he is supposed to stop by.

He has family that lives near me anyway.

#76 1 year ago

While I am here, just goofing off and having fun, EJS is a very AWESOME DUDE!

#77 1 year ago

While I am here, just goofing off and having fun, EJS is a very AWESOME DUDE!

I have machines that need a tad of work, and EJS has already been helping a whole lot of people here, and he will not take any money, all he wants is food. I can do that!

#78 1 year ago

LTG is AWESOME!

But let me tell you, EJS is also very AWESOME!

#79 1 year ago

EJS is also very AWESOME!

He wants to help everyone!

But DAMN DUDE!

When someone asks for your help about something, less pictures PLEASE!

All those pictures took more time to scroll through than one of my long posts in the confessional.

#80 1 year ago

He wants to help everyone!
    But DAMN DUDE!
    When someone asks for your help about something, less pictures PLEASE!
    All those pictures took more time to scroll through than one of my long posts in the confessional.

And just totally joking with that!

EJS has lots of energy, and he is very awesome with everything he does to try to help others.

#81 1 year ago

Anyway, ask EJS for help anytime! He is AWESOME!

LTG is always the go to guy also!

All I know is EJS and I talked about starting a new thread, that would be all over the place, and I said cool! I am in!

Then when I seen he had Little Johnny in the title, I thought cool!, I will goof off here.

#82 1 year ago

And I am totally done for tonight!

I wish all of you the BEST!

(And just 18 posts left until we reach page 2).

Hell Yeah!

#95 1 year ago

Can we say that here?

Anyway, my girlfriend will be here shortly, so doubt I can goof off, I mean contribute anything tonight.

#101 1 year ago

New Page!

#102 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Too nice to be inside. Getting the yard waste around the edge of the property taken care of
    [quoted image]

Never thought about it that way.

I have some yard waste I need to organize soon, but we are still under the summer burn ban for a few more weeks.

#104 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I was hesitant most of this summer with the drought but the last few days had lots of rain.
    We used to bring all the brush on site to a location that the city would burn behind a strip mall on Halloween and burn well into the next morning.
    It has since been developed into apartments. Couple years ago they burned a small pile of pallets which wasn’t nearly as fun. I don’t know if they are doing it anymore.

So, no summer burn ban?

We have had a burn ban here since 1996, that runs from May 1st to October 1st.

At first I just thought that was because of the Olympics that one time, but it kept going every year since.

At least there is an exception for cooking, so anyone that is smart enough can just claim they are cooking if they get caught.

I think first time is a warning, then after that fines, and they get larger each time.

Oh, and only tree debris burning allowed.

If you get caught burning any lumber or anything else, the EPA gets involved and fines start at $500.00 I think the first time.

If you do burn lumber or anything else, make sure the burn pile cannot be seen from the road, because a few streets over from here someone had a little plywood left on their burn pile that was no longer even burning, and they got fined.

They say wood other than tree debris could have been treated and cannot burn treated wood.

#105 1 year ago

Oh, and only tree debris burning allowed.

I forgot; it is even more stupid.

Around here, even if burning leaves, during the months you are allowed to do that, you can still get harassed.

Anytime someone calls 911 for paramedics, they also always send the fire department.

If you are lucky enough to be burning like I was one time when that happened, they will stop by after they are finished with their 911 call.

You always have to have a garden hose handy right where you are burning, and the pile can be no larger than 6x6, and at least 50 feet away from all property lines and structures, including wooden fences.

The one time I was harassed, and told I had to put out the fire, I said why, is it too windy, no just smoking too much. (The leaves were damp).

They also started the 50 feet property line crap and all that and I kept arguing until they finally left.

Oh, and you are supposed to be finished burning with no embers or hot spots one hour before sunset.

Confess that is why most of the time I start burning after dark, and I will claim it is a bon fire or cooking if caught. At least it is harder for them to tell where the smoke is coming from.

Under their rules it is not legal for anyone around here to burn anything at all.

But we all do!

Any damn time we are good and ready!

Some people around here even burn their trash, plastic and stuff, I do not do that, and even though it stinks, I will never report them, because around here we do not tattle.

Confess a few times I have thought about calling neighbors to make sure they were feeling fine and not going to be calling paramedics, just so I know it is safer to burn without harassment.

It all depends on what kind of mood the firefighters are in anyway. One dude called 911 about something with his kid, while burning plastic right next to his wooden privacy fence, and the fence caught on fire, and they did not say a word to him about any of that, and it was during the months that no one is supposed to burn anything at all anyway.

Anyway, I love my place, and I have no plans to move, so I will just stay sneaky to get what I need to get done, done.

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Especially with dry leaves and brush nearby it’s in our own best interest to be safe.

I agree with that.

A while back when I was still doing construction and we were burning I was in charge of looking out for fires in the woods, and that day I stomped out 30 fires that were ready to take off, and one was already so bad I had to call the excavator over to put it out.

The excavator also caught on fire that day.

I am happily retired from all that now!

I have plenty of stuff I need to burn here, and just like the last several decades I think I will be fine.

BUT! At any given time anymore, the fire department may show up, and harass, for no good reason at all.

#113 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Got my iPhone software updated today and pinside is a lot faster for me now!

Confess there is no way I would use my phone for all this.

I love my computer with the large screen and full-size typewriter keyboard.

Some people I do business with likes to text, I hate that crap, but it is a lot easier now that I went from a tiny flip phone to a full-size smart phone.

Even so, still too tiny to mess with the long posts I make on here.

#114 1 year ago

I am actually a little organized, here are some of my DVD's, they are in rough ABC order.

Hell, I have never even seen half of them. It was either keep or throw away back when I was selling that stuff for a living, and I figured I may as well keep them, in case someday I were to decide to watch them.

Half of them I have seen, and even ordered a few through the years.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #115 1 year ago

And here is some of my CD's.

Same thing, rough ABC order, but I have heard 98% of all of them.

Even some I like it was either keep or throw away back when I was selling that stuff for a living.

When YouTube came around one of my friends said I could get rid of all my CD's now.

I said Hell No!

I said yeah it is free right now, but someday that could go away.

Confess I am frugal, and patient. With all the ads on YouTube now, I just hit the mute button, just like when I am watching TV.

I love football, but I will not be paying a dime to watch any Thursday night games, instead I will play what I already have, and check the scores for free later.

It is a real shame that a local network could not of got the Thursday night games. I hope Amazon loses money on that deal.

When my contract is up with DISH, I am cutting the cord, plenty of free TV I can get with an antenna. I never even knew that until last year NBC and DISH were in a conflict, and I was missing Sunday night NFL, and when I bought the antenna, I could not believe how clear it was and how many channels I could get for free.

We first got cable back around 1978, so that is all I knew for a very long time.

When I go free tv the only thing I will miss is ESPN, and The Discovery Channel, but if cheap enough I may pay to stream those 2 channels, after I learn what in the hell streaming is anyway.

#116 1 year ago

When I go free tv the only thing I will miss is ESPN, and The Discovery Channel, but if cheap enough I may pay to stream those 2 channels, after I learn what in the hell streaming is anyway.

I also like the game warden shows on Animal Planet, and Oak Island on The History Channel, but not enough to ever pay anything for them in the future.

For a while we were watching a lot of Columbo, and some other old shows like that, and that channel is actually free over the air anyway and picks up very good.

I am just trying to be fugal and retired from ever doing any construction again, and with property taxes going up so much on my rental houses I need to save all I can in other places, and $1000.00 bucks a year for tv is a good way to start, when I can get so many channels for FREE!

All the tenants I have now, I have had for 3-6 years now, and I like all of them. I will never go up on their rent one penny, unless someday I just absolutely had to.

2/3 of them are retired, and on fixed income, and I know the high food prices and everything else is hurting them, and I never plan to add a penny to their pain. Instead I just get more frugal myself.

Good tenants are hard to find anyway, so never want to lose them.

BUT! If someday they do move, then I will have downtime, and repairs like new paint and floors, but the next rent will be more market level, to even those costs out over time.

Right now, because the rent prices have went up so much, my tenants are saving an average of $400.00 a month, because I have never once went up on their rent.

Other landlords think I am nuts, but they have a whole lot more downtime than I do. And during the time when the courts were closed and tenants knew they could not pay rent and not worry about being evicted, those landlords had a lot of problems and lost a lot of money.

All of my tenants paid on time, every month. They did not try to pull any crap on me, and so I will always be good to them also.

#117 1 year ago

All of my tenants paid on time, every month. They did not try to pull any crap on me, and so I will always be good to them also.

Well, mostly.

One of them always pays a few days early. (A retired one).

One of them always pays a couple hours early. (A retired one), except one time she called crying that she was going to have to pay 2 days late, and she knows what the late fees are, but don't worry, I will get paid.

I called her back and said don't worry about any late fees, you are fine, and I hope things get better for you. And that was the only time she has ever been late.

BUT! The 3rd one gets on my nerves. They do stupid shit like running space heaters in the winter and I have to repair messed up wall sockets and fuses, and makes no sense because the house has gas heat, and that is cheaper to use than electric space heaters in the first place.

I finally told them that they will have to pay for future repairs if they continue to use space heaters. I told them maybe if they want to use space heaters, they should go to a hardware store and talk to someone that can tell them which ones use the least amount of power.

In the meantime, I was using a old retired electrician, and because he had strokes and was shaky, he had me doing the work, so now I feel pretty confident when a repair like that is needed, and the parts are super cheap.

That old man was super nice, and just wanting to get out of the house. When he could actually do the work he charged me 20 bucks, and when he was shaky and just told me what to do he would not take a dime, so I gave him some Laurel and Hardy DVD's I had laying around, and he was thrilled.

Anyway, back to the 3rd one, as far as payment. (Only one that is not retired).

Rent is due at 5pm on the first day of the month in my drop box. All houses are within 2 miles of me, no need to mail it.

The 3rd one most of the time is 2-3 hours late. Pisses me off. I have told them to drop early, even a month early, it will not be deposited until the 2nd day of the month no matter how early they write the check.

They are the only house that I have had to post a late notice on their door, and I had to do that 2 times in the last few years.

One time they had a emergency and had to go out of town, and one time they were sick and forgot, was what they claimed.

Told them again to pay early, and you will not have to worry about last minute stuff.

Both times I had like 5 voicemails from them before I checked my phone saying please, we dropped it off now, please do not charge us the late fees.

I did not charge them the late fees, I had already had them as tenants for a long while before they slipped the first time anyway.

The few times in the past that I did charge late fees with bad tenants, I never collected any of that anyway, they were moving anyway, and good riddance!

I LOVE MY DROPBOX!

I check it everyday!

Sometimes a tenant pays early and there is a check in it.

Sometimes a friend drops off a birthday card or Christmas card in it.

Sometimes a friend owes me a few bucks and they drop the cash in it.

Sometimes I worry that I may have pissed off my girlfriend, and she dropped her keys to my house in it.

But overall, I feel like a kid on Christmas everyday, just checking that box, and when I see a check in there, I am like HELL YEAH!

The box is hidden, so anything in there I know is from a friend, a client, or a tenant.

Confess I am a little surprised that no one has been a smartass and dropped a note in the box saying: We have been trying to reach you about your car warranty.

Reminds me actually, I have a friend with a dropbox, I think I will leave that note in theirs.

#118 1 year ago

Reminds me actually, I have a friend with a dropbox, I think I will leave that note in theirs.

The USPS is very stupid about your mailbox. If the mail carrier finds anything in it that does not have a stamp when they drop off your mail, it gets stupid.

Not like they paid for the damn box in the first place.

I highly recommend a hidden drop off box, for friends, clients and tenants.

Anyway, getting late now, so I need to start organizing my ass to get ready to go to sleep.

I hope all of you have a GREAT WEEK!

#120 1 year ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

I feel a bit dirty after reading all about your hidden box. Is it by the back door by chance?

No. It is hidden at my fence, so no one even has to step onto my property.

#131 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Do I have you beat?
    There’s a shuffle alley in there
    [quoted image]

I see a Walking Dead pro in there, and I really hope you can figure out how to add the Cleland sound upgrade to it, so that you can do that to mine when you are in town.

TP had sent me this link, not sure if real or a joke (I have not clicked on it yet):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-most-recent-cleland-twd-code#post-5174159

Probably real, I think TP and I get along great, and I figure any day now he will send me a PM inviting me over to hang out at his pool.

He has a AWESOME! looking pool!

But I would have to pass, because I know he has kids, and a wife, and I don't, and I am a very bad influence according to my past friends that had a wife and kids.

#132 1 year ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

Glad to see that kayak gets a lot of use.

Quoted from EJS:

It makes an appearance every summer but not as much as it used to.

I have a really nice bay boat that has not even been used in over a year now. It used to get used all the time.

Weird how about the same time Ya'll were talking about this, my girlfriend was asking me if I was still trying to get together with my friend Brett to take the boat out fishing one Friday.

I said Hell No!

After it has sat for a year, and even though it is in a garage, all the dust on it and all the cleaning and charging batteries is way too much work to just go to the lake one time.

I have no plans to do all that work until I know the boat will get used again a lot.

I do not have a picture of it handy, and not going out after midnight to try to take one in the dark, but it is a 19-foot center console bay boat, with a 115 HP Yamaha 4 stroke motor.

Hell, I also have a 3-person banana boat that is about 15 feet long and holds 3 people, that used to get used a lot also.

Previous girlfriends had kids that loved to be pulled on the tubes on the lake, and they liked to fish also.

My girlfriend now has no family to get together with and do all that, they are in conflict and do not talk.

And she really does not care about taking the boat out, she sees how much work it actually is.

I have no plans to ever sell the boat though. I purchased it new, and I know every ding and scratch on it, and what caused it, and there are not that many.

In the past I have taken the boat out by myself, and it is just so relaxing, that I know eventually I will want to do that again.

The biggest thing that sucks is I will not drink and drive, so when I do go to the lake I take O'Doul's, and that stuff costs 2 times the amount that my Natty Light costs.

Confess maybe I should play the lottery. Because if I won, I could buy 1000 acres, and have my own 998-acre private lake on it, and just be on the boat and drink beer and have a good time!

And on the other 2 acres, just a small house with a awesome pool like TP has, and the pool would take another acre.

And that would be about right, not much grass to mow or other work that would need to be done.

Ok, sorry for the long rant, now time for us to get back to some organizing stuff.

#135 1 year ago
    Quoted from VALIS666:

I have no idea if there's any sort of market out there for vinyl boxsets of opera records,

I am pretty sure there is not a market for them.

#136 1 year ago

I won't be on here tonight. I will be getting organized with my girlfriend tonight.

#139 1 year ago
    Quoted from VALIS666:

This thread inspired me to get shit done last night...

I got a whole lot done also last night.

Have a great weekend!

#140 1 year ago

EJS you have commented that you would be in my area soon visiting family, and you were going to fly here.

Do you have wings? (Just joking).

If you fly, and have to rent a car, that is a whole lot of money wasted.

Long ago I drove to St. Paul MN, to the last postal auction they had there, and you can make that same drive here, in a long day, or split it up and get a room for one night along the way.

Gas and a motel room for one night would probably be about $250.00 each way at the most, or $180.00 each way if you did not stop at a motel.

I do not hate flying; I just hate all the crap involved with flying myself.

Driving is a lot cheaper, and I like to drive anyway.

A few years ago, me and a friend that were going to all the Six Flags Parks in the USA made the trip to CA.

2 motel rooms during the trip to get there each way, I think gas and rooms were like a total of $600.00 round trip. (Not including gas and motels while we were at our destinations).

Another friend said why not just fly? I said because we are going to multiple places along the way, so it would be even more flights and more rental cars, and can only pack so much anyway, and I want my large beer cooler on the trip.

The hell with flying, it was cool to see how much the landscape changes when you get to the desert southwest.

I really doubt you could see all of those tumbleweeds and cactus plants from a airplane.

And the signs along the road, like the marker for the continental divide, and stuff like prison nearby, do not pick up hitchhikers.

Yeah, not as fun of a drive from MN to here, the few hours that seems to take a lifetime while driving through IL and nothing but cornfields for as far as you can see will age you a tad.

Driving is a whole lot cheaper, and I am very frugal.

Yeah sometimes driving can get very boring, especially when you are on a 2 lane interstate, with 2 tractor trailers next to each other for an hour, going 63 in a 65 behind them, until that truck in the fast lane finally completes his pass, that should have never been attempted in the first place.

BUT! I am patient, and I just say to myself while this does suck going so slow, at least going slow does save on gas, so the truckers are actually saving me a few cents.

Confess that few cents gas savings does go right out the door, the minute that truck gets out of the fast lane and I put the gas pedal to the floor, which is usually about the same time there is a speed trap.

Sometimes I have really wondered, if some of these towns that love to set up speed traps are paying people to drive slow and block the fast lane, right up to the time that they have their speed trap ready.

Driving is still a whole lot cheaper than flying, as long as you are patient.

I guess on a plane you can actually drink alcohol, but you can not smoke a cigar or a cigarette on a plane, so pros and cons either way.

Anyway, if you are organized, and crunch the numbers, driving saves a whole lot more money than flying and car rentals I would think.

#154 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

This is the point Little Johnny would say “new page” so I’ll cover for him this time around.

#156 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I'd either recruit my family or Little Johnny to drive me around.

I am not a morning person, and later in the day I am drinking beer and I don't drink and drive, but yeah, if you can arrive at the airport around 2pm most likely I could pick you up, with advance notice of course.

I do have a spare vehicle, except I cancelled the insurance on it a few months ago.

After the last round of property taxes on my houses I am trying to be as frugal as I can.

On one hand it is nice that the houses have gone up in value, in case I wanted to sell any.

But on the other hand, I do not want to sell any, anytime soon, so I wish the market would crash again to get the property taxes back down.

It ticks me off that they cannot adjust their millage rates or whatever lower, instead of charging so much now.

Confess I have thought about being a smartass, and going to the county and asking if they have a list of ways that I can decrease the value of my houses.

I am just lucky that none of my houses are in any city limits, or that would be even more taxes.

#157 1 year ago

Just a random tip if you have a pinball machine that has a action button on top of the lockdown bar, that needs to be held sometimes for points:

Hold the button with your chin, that way you can still see everything and be able to use both of the flippers also.

I recently figured this out with Godzilla.

I wish I had of thought of it back when I had the JJPOTC.

Confess I do miss the JJPOTC, but I am not good at working on games, and I knew it would be a nightmare if certain areas ever needed a part replaced.

That rocking upper playfield and then firing the cannon was very cool.

TWD pro is still my favorite game, and I have had it the longest also, but so far, I have no plans of even thinking about getting rid of Godzilla. It is very good, and it looks like it would be easy enough to work on if ever needed.

#160 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

It’s my lucky day! I found one small spot of original red!
    [quoted image]
    Rest of the cabinet is ready to go
    [quoted image]

Confess no way I could do all that.

I am used to buying NIB, and the only game I have bought in the last 20 years that was used is the Zombie League pitch and bat, and it was close enough to new.

When I was younger, I did buy some used games, but none looked that rough.

It is very awesome that you love restoring games, I just like to play them.

Pretty sure the way you are going, you will always be very successful, and very wealthy.

(Except for the working on people's games for a slice of pizza that you do sometimes).

Hell, seems the going rate for a good pinball repair person is about 150.00 a hour around here.

Confess I really hope someday you get tired of all that winter snow where you live and move here close to me.

I would not take advantage of you, I will pay you good money and decent pizza!

(Decent pizza being Pizza Hut, that is what we like anyway).

#162 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

My dad had cancer, it was June and I asked for time off. It was denied.

HELL NO!

I am sorry that you ever had to deal with all of that.

#163 1 year ago

Confess I really hope someday you get tired of all that winter snow where you live and move here close to me.

Confess I really hope for a few snow days here this winter.

The last few years we may have had 4 inches of snow that was gone within 24 hours, except shady areas still had a trace for a few days.

I LOVE snow here for 2-3 days every now and then, other than that, snow = HELL NO!

#165 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

It's good to see the new page gospel spreading to other threads.

HELL YEAH!

#174 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

We had a regular we called big dog. He looked like an absolute bum. Dirty hair, shirt, shorts just looked terrible. We knew who he was but hardly anyone else did. He was literally a billionaire.

I stopped wearing my gold years ago, because just not safe anymore.

I try not to look like a bum, but I also try not to stand out as having any money.

There are people out there that will kill you for $20.00.

#183 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Ramps are in for High Speed and Fish tales
    They will probably get lost before I set up high speed
    [quoted image]

Or you could get organized a little better so that they do not get lost.

#185 1 year ago

Anyone that ever sees my office and "man cave" may think it is chaos, but I am actually very organized, I always know where everything is supposed to be.

My girlfriend drives me nuts when she picks up something and does not put it back in the same place.

She has made fun of me for going behind her and moving something back to where it is supposed to be, but the joke is on her, because she is always misplacing stuff at her house.

And so many times, after she left here I had a call from her home phone, because she left her cell phone here.

Yeah, she is not organized at all, and she can make all the fun at me that she wants, because I am always know where everything is.

#186 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I added them to the pile of unsorted pinballlife orders. I don’t have a ramp department yet.
    I thought about putting them inside the games but worried they’d snag on a wiring harness then get crushed or something.
    But glad I have you keeping me on track

If they fit, just put them in the coin box of the games.

If they do not fit there, just put a box with the parts of them inside the game.

All along I thought you invited me here to goof off, but now I see you need some pointers from me.

With all the games you have, best is to put everything in the game that they belong to, OR, at least have boxes on a shelf for each game that you have parts, or paint, or anything else for, so it is all together and when you are ready to work on a certain game you can just grab the box off the shelf and get to work.

Actually, I think the box on a shelf will work better. Just label the box which game it is for.

Before you are ready to work on a game, long before, look over the game again and make a list of everything you need, and then check the box to make sure everything is there.

No matter how hard you try, there will always be something else that you will find you need, that you only realized it at the last minute.

Hell, all those years I did construction, after the material supply truck left, I would always see something else that was needed and have to run back to Home Depot.

No matter how hard you try, you will always forget to order something, or find a new problem that also needs parts.

#188 1 year ago

Ok, no posts in 24 hours here, WAKE UP!

BUMP! (This is for accounting organization).

Most of the time I will probably goof off here, but not with this post, this post may can help you, unless you are totally just lazy.

History:

My dad was self-employed construction for many years, and I worked for him many years.

In 1992 he got in bad health, made bad decisions because of the health issues, and lost everything. And he had a whole lot of machines and properties.

His accountant called me, and asked if I would stop by and help him with Dads business stuff, because he had no clue how to categorize what stuff paid out was for. (At the time dad was in a hospital for several months, and out of it after some strokes).

I was instantly great at that, and the accountant gave me a brand new book, that when I started my own corporation in 1994, I started using it, and have used it every since, kind of.

Around 2010 that book was no longer available, and I did not like the replacements, so for years now I have been making blank copies of those pages, to keep on using.

The book is for weekly use, but I always used it for monthly, and I could get 4 years out of a book that way.

A very large business would probably need to use the book weekly, I was never large, never cared to be after seeing how things for my dad ended up.

Current:

With a book like this, or similar, each time you write a check, (or pay a bill online these days), list what it is and if deductible or non-deductible, and the amount, and the category #.

Takes me 10 seconds per check I write, unless a check for credit cards that have several different categories of expenses, like gas, repairs, materials, etc., that needs to be broken down on the credit card statement, to be added to the book.

At the end of each month, it takes me 30 minutes to update the totals in the book, including my receipts for the month.

At the end of the year, same thing, done monthly, in just 30 minutes I have all my totals of the year, on one sheet of paper, to fax to my accountant.

Roughly, in 8 hours total a year, I have everything I need, on one sheet of paper for my accountant.

My accountant loves me! So many people still sends him grocery bags of receipts that he has to go through, and even though he charges them a lot of money for all his extra work, he loves the fact that my stuff is so easy.

(I do have to send him a separate sheet of paper with my rental house info, and that is no big deal).

My accountant also loves me because I always fax him my totals for the year, the first week in January, so he can work on it early.

My corporate taxes are due March 15th, and I usually go ahead and pay in February.

Yeah, personal taxes are due April 15th, I usually pay those in March.

I have no problems being great to my accountant, because they have been great to me in the past.

Long ago, I received a letter from the IRS about something and I owed some late fees or something, and I faxed that letter to my accountant, and he said sorry, that was our mistake, we will take care of it and pay it.

It ticked me off at first, but his dad had just passed, and he was taking it hard, but he kept everything all good for me.

And that was long ago, he is awesome again now!

Why this long rant now?

While ago I was hanging out with one of my friends that is a lot younger than me, and about 2 years ago he had started his own business, and sometimes asked me for advice, and I was asking him about accounting stuff, and he said he put all his receipts in paper bags and gave them to his accountant, and his accountant told him that he would take it that way, but he will charge extra.

I asked my friend if he would like to get organized, and he lit up, he wanted to learn more from me, so I showed him how I do all that, and I even gave him a page from the book so he can make his own copies.

My friend acted like he was going to get on top of everything and get organized, he even said he would get separate files for each category, and I said no need for that, hell, just one bag or file with everything in it for each quarter has always worked for me.

I really hope he gets organized, I gave him the advice and tools he needs.

Long ago another friend that was self employed, and so damn lazy he did not even file taxes for a few years, and wasted money on penalties and stuff once he did try to get caught up, had just had a surgery, and was bored because he could not lift anything or do anything, and I asked if he would like to get organized, and he said yes, and I actually bought him the book, they were still available at the time, so at least back around 2010, and he said he was going to start using it, loved how easy it was.

A few years later I asked that friend how he is doing with the accounting organizing stuff, and he said well, I just can't list every check in the book like you do, and I try to catch up a little but usually I just wait and file more and more extensions. That dude is just lazy.

***While ago I was telling my girlfriend about how I was trying to help my friend get organized, and even she said that she wished that she could be at least half as organized as I am***

(And that was not sarcastic or anything coming from her, she is not like that).

HELL YEAH!

#189 1 year ago

The more I think about it, my accountant was awesome in the first place, for showing me how to get organized.

I have been trying to help others, just does not work if the person is just lazy and will not change.

And a few years later I started making myself notes about things and leaving all over my computer.

Confess I rarely waste any money from buying random, I make notes of what I want, and what I need, and obviously if I know my truck has a issue and needs to go to a mechanic now, or if it is something I can fix and make notes about parts I need, then that is a priority, but a lot of times I make notes about something, glance at the note for a few weeks, and then trash it, deciding I really do not need that, nor do I need to spend any money for that.

Being organized really helps a whole lot if you are also trying to be frugal.

Long ago I was not as frugal and organized, and when I did anything I never returned left over parts to a store for a refund.

These days anytime I need anything for some repair, I go and look at all the stuff I have laying around, and a whole lot of times I find something I can use without having to go out and buy more.

While I am pretty organized now, in the past I was not, and when I look at all that oddball stuff I am glad I have it now, but at the same time kind of wish I had of taken it back to the store long ago.

(With a few things anyway, that I see, and wonder why I have that).

#190 1 year ago

AND, after 10 more posts here, we will have a new page!

#201 1 year ago
    #224 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Hey Johnny you ready for the storm tomorrow or Thursday in your area?

They have changed the forecast again, and while it may not even rain here, we may have 40mph winds for hours, and if that happens a whole lot of trees are ready to fall around here.

I am on a dead-end street, and last to get power and everything else back every damn time, and it sucks.

1 week later
    #248 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I need little johnny to drop by for the day to help dig up my foundation this weekend. I don’t know how many beer it will cost but will be worth it!

Until gas gets back under 2 bucks a gallon, I am staging a silent protest, and refusing to drive over 20 miles a week.

If you live close to me, HELL YEAH! We can make something happen!

And I am not flying anywhere. Last time I did that, security harassed me so much I would never fly again.

And that was in 1998, I heard security is even worse now.

#250 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

hopefully I can meet up with both of you sooner than later.

I really hope you can make it down here this year.

#251 1 year ago
    1 week later
    #294 1 year ago

I have nothing to add at the moment, but I am upvoting all posts here, and I am caught up with that.

#295 1 year ago

I have nothing to add at the moment, but

All of a sudden, I have a good tip, I just thought of it.

I burn a lot of firewood, cut and split it all myself, and sometimes the wood has a lot of carpenter ants in it.

Those damn things always go to my jacuzzi, causing me to have to clean it and change the water.

Anyway, NOW, when I spilt wood and it has ants, I plan to have my shop vac handy, to just suck all of them into it, and then I can spray some ant spray in there, and be done with all that.

Take the filters out first, like using it for a wet vac.

I only wish I had of thought of this a long time ago.

1 week later
    #324 1 year ago

Nothing new for me to report at the moment, but I did want to check in here, and upvote all the posts here.

I hope all of you have a great week!

#326 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Sometimes no news is good news especially when it comes to my mailbox.

My real mailbox, that brings me real bills to pay, I actually look forward to them arriving and getting them paid and done with for another 30 days, or 6 months for insurance, or one year for business license renewal.

The business license renewal is a pain these days. They send a paper that says I qualify to do it online.

At first, I thought hell yeah! But then I found that does not save anything, a total waste of time. I would still have to print the stuff, and have it notarized.

This just causes me to have to take more time, to email for a renewal form to be mailed, the papers that I used to get in the first place.

#327 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Sometimes no news is good news especially when it comes to my mailbox.

I have not worried about my mailbox here in a long time. I have been behaving, as best I can anyway.

It is weird sometimes when my mailbox here is jumping, and I am like what? I have been behaving.

Then when I check it, it is a question about a game I have, and if I still like it, and would I recommend it.

#328 1 year ago

Anyway, if anyone here lives in my area, be careful if you burn leaves at the moment.

It is so dry that a regular leaf burn pile with a slight breeze was starting fires 20 feet away that I had to stomp out.

And yeah, I did have the water hose handy, as required by local laws, but was not needed, although I guess I may have melted my shoes a tad.

#332 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

My credit card bill came today

I have 3 credit cards.

One I have had for over 30 years now, that was badly needed at the time when I was buying stuff at post office auctions to re-sell on eBay. I have some really good tool sets that I still use, from points on that card. No cash back with that card, just travel or merchandise.

The second credit card I have had for about 25 years now, just because it was an eBay thing at the time, and had huge discounts on eBay fees. Back then I was averaging 1400.00 a month on eBay fees. It is a decent cash back card.

The third credit card I have had for about 5 years now, no cash back, but higher points that can be used to pay off the balance.

Confess all those extra bills are a bit of a pain, and I have thought about canceling some, but that big time would lower my credit score, and I want to keep it up in case I ever do find some awesome deal on another rental house or something, and I need a loan.

I already know, because my uncle just did this, the next time I need a water heater from Lowes, I could save 100,00 if I sign up for their credit card, but not sure if I will want to mess with that or not.

#333 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Around here, about a year ago a squirrel somehow got inside a transformer station and killed electricity for 9k people for about 12h. He didnt make it either.

Funny, just a few days ago I was watching a squirrel on the power lines here, and I thought I was about to lose power, but he survived, and I did not lose power, so we were both happy.

In the past that has happened though, a bird or squirrel caused a loud boom, and no power for a long time.

#334 1 year ago

As far as power lines, when I was doing construction, it always scared the crap out of me having to dig around them with a backhoe or excavator, but when I hit one, I was never shocked, the loud boom just scared the hell out of me.

I was very terrified anytime I had to use a shovel to look for buried power lines though.

Luckily, I never hit one too hard with a shovel, but I did break a few plastic waterlines through the years with a shovel.

Back then I thought screw this, why do we have to deal with buried power lines, all those should be on poles up in the air so I can see them.

Now that I am retired from digging, I am wishing all power lines were buried underground.

#336 1 year ago

EJS do you know yet when you may be in my area?

I really hope you can figure out how to do the Cleland stuff on my Walking Dead, and it has other minor issues also.

I will get whatever food you want, because I know you prefer to be paid with food.

1 week later
    #356 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Any guesses for trick or treater attendance tonight?

0 here for the last 30 years.

I have been slacking with that. I will try to do better.

#360 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Aren’t you a bit out of the way though?

A little out of the way.

The main deterrent is my yard was fenced in 30 years ago and Beware of Dog signs posted.

No doorbell camera needed here.

#366 1 year ago

In the last 30 years, only 2 people have ever climbed my fence, that I know of anyway, and both were friends that had lost my phone number.

So, in 30 years, my doorbell has only been used 2 times.

Confess I love my fence!

#370 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Unfortunately, even with the great weather, it's another record low of 72 in attendance.

Tied for the record low of zero now for 31 years.

#371 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

WTB: Fence...same one Little Johnny has.

Fun fact:

Around here you can only have a 6-foot fence in your front yard, nothing taller.

So, I had some dirt hauled in.

#372 1 year ago

Confess I just noticed this thread has the flame next to it, Hell Yeah!

#373 1 year ago

It would be a lot of work, but I have thought about making some funny posts about getting organized to go out and rake leaves, with pictures showing packing a cooler of beer, and icing it down, before going out and raking leaves.

Life is short, have all the fun you can, while you can.

#374 1 year ago

Reminds me, while ago me and my girlfriend normally watch 911 on Monday nights, (the show is ok sometimes, and sometimes it sucks), anyway, that show was not on tonight, and when I told my girlfriend that the reason the show was not on, was because that station had the World Series.

She was like what the hell, I thought we just had the World Series a few weeks ago.

I said nope, that was a year ago now.

She said damn time is flying at this rate we will be 100 in a few days.

That is very true, time is flying by now.

I really hated school, bored the shit out of me, and I would look at the clock, 10am, look again at the clock after what seemed like it had to be 2pm, and nope, only 10:15am now.

My life just slowly crawled by, and drove me nuts when I was in school, but ever since then, it has been holy shit, I thought I would be done with this project by 10am, and now it is 3pm, and I have not even had lunch yet.

Confess sometimes, I actually think about enrolling in some community college, and taking some very boring class, just to try to slow down time again.

It seems like only a few days ago I was glad when I turned 21 and no longer had to worry about getting busted for a fake ID to buy beer.

Life has flown by very fast, after turning 21.

#375 1 year ago

Confess sometimes, I actually think about enrolling in some community college, and taking some very boring class, just to try to slow down time again.

Actually, I may someday take an HVAC class, because with my house and rental houses, I have found that is the biggest expense, and it would save me money if I knew more.

Roofing is high, first thing I do is a nice-looking painted metal roof, so no longer have to worry about that.

Septic systems are very expensive, but I know how to do those, and as a recently retired excavator/backhoe operator, I have already saved a whole lot of money making my own repairs.

Recently an old, retired electrician taught me pretty much all I need to know about that stuff and has already saved me a whole lot of money.

Water heaters are pretty high also, and recently I learned enough that I think I will be ok with replacing those.

The way things have gone, was basically I used to get up at 5am all the time, and because I was so busy working for someone else, repair people were making a killing off me.

Now at times, some repair that actually takes me 15 minutes to do, after reading about it for 30 minutes, I suddenly am saving 80 bucks, from what repair people used to charge.

Some repairs I will still hire someone else, and the work is not gravy, because I have already looked at it close enough to know I will not try to do it. That is 150 bucks each time, and well worth it still.

I could make a lot more money and take on a lot more different kinds of work, with what I know now.

But no, I am fine because I am very frugal, not rich, just frugal. (Will still go on some vacations).

It is so nice to no longer get up at 5am, and have to sometimes drive 2 hours round trip working all over the place.

The older I get, the more I really love my afternoon naps.

(Well, that, and not sitting in traffic anymore, or dealing with people that I do not want to deal with anymore).

#376 1 year ago

I also want to say, I am very impressed with @EJS, and I really think he will be able to retire very young, and just make a few bucks doing work that he enjoys, and no more sitting in traffic and all of that.

For sure when he gets away from fast food and takes time to cook some stuff for himself.

It is very easy and saves a whole lot of money.

I learned that late in life myself.

Fast food is about as big of a waste of money, as paying someone 80 bucks to repair something, that you could actually repair yourself in 15 minutes.

At times it is all about fast and easy, but sometimes more money can be saved/earned, by slowing down a tad.

#379 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Did you try to watch it last night? I don’t know if it was a time zone thing but it was on last night. I don’t watch the show but the only reason I know is because the #911onfox was in the lower corner. Last nights game got pushed to tonight.

They had already advertised that the next new show was supposed to be on November 8th, so hopefully that was just a re-run, because I went straight to Monday Night Football and did not even check.

No big deal if I miss an episode of that show, in a way it is a little bit like how the X-files used to be, where most shows were stand alone, and not needed to keep up with everything.

#380 1 year ago

I have all of those on DVD, and after I cut the cord, I will start watching those. Been so many years I am sure some of that will be new to me, while some episodes I may remember after all this time.

Going to finish the Twilight Zone box set first. For a while we were watching that after the last storm, and cable was out, and I had not signed up for Dish yet.

Cancelling Dish and never paying for tv again as soon as my contract is up in a couple of months.

I may pay 10 bucks a month to stream ESPN 5 months a year during football season, but that would be it.

#381 1 year ago

Cancelling Dish and never paying for tv again as soon as my contract is up in a couple of months.

Except for ESPN 5 months a year, all I was really getting that I watched was Gold Rush, Oak Island, and Deadliest Catch, with Deadliest Catch being my favorite, but I can buy those seasons for dirt cheap later on DVD if I want to.

#384 1 year ago

Getting organized to rake some leaves:

#401 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I wonder if this is what it’s like to be Little Johnnys neighbor
    [quoted image]

I only wish I had the space to do that.

#402 1 year ago
    #403 1 year ago

Oh, while I am thinking about it, you are missed in the upvote thread, if you can find some time to post there, it would be AWESOME!

2 weeks later
    #413 1 year ago

A shop vac works really good for getting rid of cobwebs.

#415 1 year ago

No appetite or thirst for beer, so not too good yet.

#419 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

At work we sometimes use the shop vac method for pulling cables through conduit…sort of. Put one of those plastic shopping bags at the end of a pull string and vacuum it to the other end. Done!

That works great every time.

You said sometimes you do that, what other methods do you use?

#420 1 year ago

All my houses are brick, with a little bit of painted wood trim. I never have any painting done, unless the paint is actually chipping.

A mixture of half water and half Clorox and a rag and some sweat, and the paint looks brand new again, because it was only dirty to begin with.

No way in hell would I try to clean that with a pressure washer, then I would have to get painting done after the pressure washer destroys so much.

1 week later
    #440 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Before….
    [quoted image]
    And after
    [quoted image]
    That’s 44 done and… and 72 to go

You have a whole lot more patience than I have.

But I know you really love doing all of that work, and I am very impressed!

I still hope someday soon you are in my area.

#445 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I like seeing my family but can only spend so much time with them so stopping by to visit with you would make the trip more tolerable.

Let me know a few days ahead of time and I will make sure I have plenty of time.

If you come during the summer, we could take the boat out on the lake if you want to do that also.

#447 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Hell yeah! How cold does it get in the winter?

Sometimes lows in the teens and highs in the 30's, but usually lows in the 20's and highs in the 40's. For just January and February. By March temperatures are normally in the 60's and 70's for highs.

#449 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Wow, didn't think it got that cold in Georgia.

Some winters are mild, with just a trace of snow here and there.

Some winters are very cold, and the pond next door freezes over, and when that pond freezes over is when normally we get 8 inches of snow that lasts a few days.

I love winter here. I would hate it if snow was on the ground for weeks and months.

I hate summer here, but last summer was not bad at all, only very hot and humid from June through August, like it should be.

A few years ago it was still 90 degrees in November, and that sucked.

#450 1 year ago

And now time for a

#451 1 year ago
    #453 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Right? My uncle says the golf courses (Atlanta area) have to shut down in the summer because it gets so hot nobody wants to play and difficult to keep up maintenance etc.

The humidity is the worst thing. When the air is dry 90 is not so bad.

#456 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Spring can be an ugly and muddy process up here too.

Hell, it has rained here every other day for the last 2 weeks now. I still have leaves to get up, but it never gets dry enough to do anything.

#459 1 year ago

The latest with my pin adventures is I have to be up around 5am tomorrow, for someone to pick up Godzilla. They have a long drive and things to do in the afternoon.

They were going to come here tonight, but it is raining. Glad I have a SUV and don't have to worry about rain to pick up a pin.

Godzilla was fun, but all the multi-balls were wearing me out, while my girlfriend could not do anything, and had short ball times, so she stayed bored.

We both still love The Walking Dead, played it again last night.

Trying a Deadpool next, just for something different.

The Walking Dead is bolted to the floor. My girlfriend hates Oktoberfest, but I like it, and I will not replace it until I find something we both like better.

The Walking Dead was one of the first games I picked up, and many other games have come and gone since. Not only is it fun, it is also funny. Last night I drained pretty quick, and the game said "you suck at this don't you". I had never heard the game say that before.

The Golden Tee arcade is also a lot of fun for the variety of callouts, still hear something new all the time.

That is one of my favorite things about any game, plenty of different callouts.

Godzilla while very fun and long ball times for me, was boring with callouts.

#460 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Although there are some grumblings of diverting the Mississippi out west or transporting the water. I have no idea how any of that is possible let alone economically viable.

Yeah, reminds me of Georgia a few years ago trying to start a property line dispute with Tennessee so that we could tap into the Tennessee River.

#461 1 year ago

And while I am here anyway, hell, I will go ahead and confess here.

I always buy any new game without playing, or even seeing one, just comments and rankings here.

The last time I bought a game that I tried first did not work out well. I made a 6 hour round trip drive to a bar that had a Spiderman VE, and I loved the game! I ordered one.

Once I got the game here, I hated it, the callouts were too geeky and got on my nerves to the point that I turned the sound all the way down.

That bar had music playing so loud, that I could not hear the game, or I would not have ordered one.

It is all good, these days I average breaking even when I sell a game to get another game. So basically, free gameplay without having to drive anywhere.

1 month later
    #482 1 year ago

I am sorry that I have not been posting here much lately, but I am still upvoting every post here, and that is what I really do best anyway.

Pretty sure that watching grass grow, or paint dry, is more enjoyable than reading most posts that I make anyway.

I hope all of you have a GREAT WEEK!

2 weeks later
    #493 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Many distractions as of recently.

Yeah, I have had plenty of distractions also, but I can't complain, variety is good.

I will be glad when I have time for an afternoon nap again.

I hope all of you are having a great week!

#499 1 year ago

Confess, now that I no longer work construction, it is hard to get up early. Back then, I was motivated to get up early to beat morning traffic. Now everything I do is within a walk from me.

Wrong thread.

#500 1 year ago

Always something tearing up/

#501 1 year ago
    #502 1 year ago

So, anyway, a few weeks ago, right before Christmas, my furnace started acting up, and at the time we were having record low temps.

I knew my heat and air guy would be swamped, so I watched some YouTube videos and babied it.

Later when I called my heating guy, he told me that my furnace problem had to be the control panel, and it was 200-300 bucks.

He was supposed to stop by, never called back, and his voicemail is full now, and I rode by the other day, and his work trucks are parked, so pretty sure he died, and that is sad, I liked that dude, I have had other estimates in the past, and he was always a lot lower price, and very friendly.

Anyway, I bought the part myself, cost 113 bucks, and was way more complicated than what I wanted to deal with, with all the wires, and some were different colors and easy, but way too many were white, or black, so had to change one at a time.

In reality, took 2 hours at the most, after I drove to get the part, and worked perfect for a week, now messing up again.

Anyway, I learned that I can just buy parts for a furnace, for my house and rental houses, and even if it was the wrong part and I need something else, my furnaces can have all new parts, for less than free, from the labor charges companies charge.

#503 1 year ago

And I am about to get organized I hope, for dealing with water heaters.

I thought mine had gone out, but the leak is in a solder joint right above it, and the water heater itself should be fine.

A friend is going to stop by and take care of that, and I plan, and hope, they will go with me to Lowes, to get everything I need when I do need to replace a water heater, because my plumber is way too high with that stuff.

Once I have everything I need in a bag, I can figure out where it goes.

I am really good at anything that has to do with PVC pipe, and other pipes, but I have never messed with copper pipe, I know it is easy now, just not sure what all I need, so far, I have never been down that isle at the store.

#504 1 year ago

And I am about to get organized I hope,

Hell, over half the battle is learning what you need in the first place.

Not looking to make any money off stuff I am trying to learn, because just like changing the furnace control panel that I did not enjoy at all, I am just trying to save myself money now.

#505 1 year ago

Always something. Water heater is a priority now, but furnace also needs more attention, and now I also have a chainsaw that is acting like it is out of gas when the tank is full, then reeves right back up, and cycles back and forth to doing good, or almost going dead.

#506 1 year ago

Always something. Water heater is a priority now, but furnace also needs more attention, and now I also have a chainsaw that is acting like it is out of gas when the tank is full, then reeves right back up, and cycles back and forth to doing good, or almost going dead.

At least my radio station is back on the air now, 99x, I always have it on while I on here at night having a few beers. It suddenly went away back in 2008, and radio for me here just sucked. Now all good again!

I hope all of you have a great weekend, and any advice about working on anything is appreciated!

As far as the furnace goes, cleaning the flame sensor next, although in the past, that problem acted differently.

#509 1 year ago

Thanks for the advice!

#515 1 year ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

When you're done getting organized, come visit the idiots in the Boob thread. We miss you.

I thought we had drained that thread?

Hell, I have been very busy, when things calm down I will stop by.

#518 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Sorry, if you felt slighted

Nothing at all like that.

When beelzeboob posted about draining the tread, I went with it as a joke. Read my last post there, I said something along the lines of may as well drain the tread, now that 99x is back on the air.

The truth is I have been very busy lately, and I still am very busy.

I have only been posting a little anywhere here, just to stay active here. (In case any achievement points for certain number of days posting).

Anyway, I have 99x on now, and I am about to go over there and catch up on upvotes, but doubt I will post anything tonight, I do not need to get wound up and stay up too late.

Quoted from RyanStl:

we all "love" you man. Don't take that the wrong way.

Ditto. I love all of you also.

1 week later
    #520 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

You’re supposed to change out these humidifier water panel filters out every so often. I change mine out every so rarely.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

What is that? What do the water panel filters go in?

Those filters look like a virus waiting to put you in the hospital.

I have a de-humidifier, and I have to clean the air filter every now and then.

So just making sure there is not something I have never done, and mine would look way worse.

I have a few air filters to take care of, but as far as I know no water filters.

#521 1 year ago

I really need to check the HVAC filter at a rental house that I take care of.

About 3 years ago I was going to replace it, had already been 3 years because I had forgot about it, and it still looked brand new, and I didn't change it.

I try to remember to check my HVAC filter at my house every 6 months, and sometimes they look fine for 2 years, and sometimes need to be changed after 6 months.

#522 1 year ago

As far as air filters go, I wish they all were like one chainsaw that I have. It will idle bad and act up and let you know big time to clean the filter.

#523 1 year ago

Right now, I am lucky that my main problem is a pinball machine flipper messing up, I have been PMing EJS about it, it is weird, works fine at first.

Well, actually that is my 2nd main problem, with the main problem being my furnace. It wakes me up messing up, and it has been several weeks since I had a good night's sleep.

My HVAC guy that I have used for years was supposed to take care of it, but then all of a sudden, he did not show, and all calls go to voicemail, and it is full.

His work vans have not moved in a while, and I thought he must have had a heart attack or something and died, but nothing in the obituaries, my girlfriend has been looking, she knew him.

Best I can tell is he won a lottery and disappeared. I hope that is what happened anyway, he was very likeable, and very fair with his prices.

In the meantime, I replaced the HVAC control panel myself, what he said the problem was, and worked perfect for 6 days, and now messing up again.

Confess the main reason I have not been posting much lately, is lack of sleep because of the HVAC system, and trying to deal with it myself, and save some money, until I find another reasonable HVAC company.

A while back a storm knocked a tree down on a HVAC unit at a rental house, and the insurance company wanted me to get estimates, and some of those estimates were twice as high as my guy's price.

In the meantime, I am trying to learn some of that stuff myself. And water heater stuff, since so many companies want way too much for that also.

I may just eventually pay for a flipper rebuild or replace on the game though, just to get to know a local repair guy, in case I ever really need one.

Trying to do all I can to save money these days, but I already know that I suck at soldering anything. Which is a good thing about water heaters now, now copper pipe has slip on fittings, no need to solder.

2 months later
    #552 11 months ago

13 days since your last post here? Really dude?

Must have a girlfriend now.

#553 11 months ago

13 days since your last post here? Really dude?
    Must have a girlfriend now.

Not that I know anything about all that, my girlfriend prevents me from being on this site as much as I want to be.

#554 11 months ago

I am getting close to 10k posts now, how many points was that?

It was very funny back when you were trying to hurry that up.

#555 11 months ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I haven’t been posting much. Still lurking daily!

Hopefully that is a good thing. I know that you used to get bored at work and was here a lot because of the boredom.

Back when I was working construction, if I was in the city, I would walk around and look for money, just to waste time and goof off, if I was waiting for something to happen to get my work going again. I found some money sometimes, best was a $5 bill one time.

Working way out in the middle of nowhere in the woods, I would look at the land, and the trees, and see the history of how all that is the reason it is now.

#556 11 months ago

Working way out in the middle of nowhere in the woods, I would look at the land, and the trees, and see the history of how all that is the reason it is now.

I hope I am all good now, and I never have to get up at 5am and work construction again, but if I had to, and knew I was going to be in the middle of nowhere in the woods, I would take a metal detector to work with me, so if I ever had a lot of spare time, I would see if any artifacts or anything was around anywhere.

2 months later
    #613 9 months ago

I have been doing a whole lot of organizing. Mainly trying to help my mom, which is 80 now and has severe short term memory loss.

Hell, I just had to order more car keys for her, she keeps losing keys.

Soon I may have to take her car away, but she still drives good, and I want to help her as long as I can to live a normal life for as long as possible.

She was pretty good when I was a kid, and never bossed me around, so now that she is almost like a kid again herself now, I am trying to return the favor.

She is in really good physical condition, it is just her memory stuff that is shot. Hell, sometimes she asks me the same question 3 times in 30 minutes, she forgets stuff that fast.

Starting to stress me at times a tad, but all good for now.

#616 9 months ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Since my house is LITERALLY falling apart won’t be setting up Ship Ahoy after work today….need it to hold decorative stone up while the glue dries. Pinball saves the day again.
    [quoted image]

All of that almost looks as fun as the first time I replaced a water heater.

The key to all of life's crap, is the fact that the better organized that you are, the easier it is to fix most of the problems that pop up.

#617 9 months ago

the better organized that you are

I really need to work on organizing my tools, takes forever to find the right socket or wrench when needed.

I do know that I have a big surplus of 5/8 sockets and wrenches.

1 month later
    #625 8 months ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Ah cooperative weather…great for seeing stars!

Yeah, seeing stars for real is not a good thing, so make sure to wear safety glasses.

Last Sunday I was converting some old cast iron pipe over to new PVC pipe in my basement, and I wore safety glasses most of the time, but the one time I had them off I got smacked in the eye.

Still having a lot of pain at times, even after going to urgent care and getting eye flushed and prescribed eye drops.

4 months later
    #714 3 months ago

My accountant loves me. I sent everything he needs for my corporate taxes today through email, while when my dad was in business he always waited until the last minute and brought everything in grocery bags.

I now have to wait for some stuff to come in the mail like interest income statements before I can send in the personal tax info.

I stay organized with all of that to get it done and over with as fast as I can every year, so I can relax, instead of having something else I have to take care of before some deadline.

#715 3 months ago

I hope all of you have a wonderful year, and I will be around upvoting every post here.

#717 3 months ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Happy new year Johnny!

Happy New Year to you and OTTO also!

Happy New Year to everyone here, and I hope 2024 is AWESOME for all of us.

2 weeks later
    #723 3 months ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

I really like Stars.
    Johnny & Zartan, are you not organized?

I'm mainly here to upvote all posts.

1 month later
    #771 50 days ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Getting a bide? Trust me, you should. I dont have one, because Im the poor son of a dirt farmer. What I do have though, is a small hand held shower. Very good for hygiene and general "health" down there. Especially if you often drink alcohol and eat spicy.

1 week later
    #776 42 days ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Last weekend I got to try out Aerosmith for the first time. You don’t see these very often let alone an LE. I was very impressed.

What about the Jaws sitting next to it? Did you try that game?

As far as Aerosmith, I liked the game ok, but not a fan of the band, if that pinball had of been done as something else, long ago I may would have picked one up.

#777 42 days ago

@EJS, any plans of being in my area yet?

3 weeks later
    #788 16 days ago

If you are tired of your insurance rates going up, doesn't hurt to get on the phone and make a few calls.

So far, I have already saved right at $1600.00 for the year, just on 2 rental houses.

I would have started sooner, but the company that I have my home insurance with didn't go up much. I plan to get a price on it next year, and all of the rest of my insurance policies, when they are due again.

#791 15 days ago

I have always had all my insurance except for rental houses with State Farm, and for the moment I still have.

For whatever reason State Farm does not seem to want to insure rental houses, and I have always had an independent company for those, that deal with a lot of different companies to get me the best deal, or the best commission for themselves, who knows.

The way things are going, I may very well save $2400.00 this year on rental houses insurance, and the first of next year I plan to shop most of the policies I have with State Farm with this independent agent.

#792 15 days ago

At least I can save money on insurance. Property taxes, who knows, this year if they go way up again, I may hire a lawyer.

I have been tempted to go to the County, and be a smart ass, and ask if I demolished a few rooms on the houses and made them smaller, would it save me on property taxes? Or maybe I should hire a gang, to spray paint graffiti all over the neighborhood?

Gas and everything else is high enough, but property taxes is the worst, even going up a whole lot faster than nib pinball machines.

#793 15 days ago

I live 5 miles from Six Flags Over Georgia, and for several years I saved money with their dining pass.

Not sure if they even still have that, but at the moment I wouldn't go there anyway, too dangerous.

I have been to all of the Six Flags parks in the USA, and the park near me is the worst for litter, people cutting in line, and violence, with local news recently having a story about someone else was just shot in the parking lot.

#794 15 days ago

I wish every pinball machine came standard with a center drain post.

While Jaws doesn't have one of those, I really like the way they made it where you can get the ball back when it drains down the right out lane, and a save button on the lock down bar for the left out lane.

I'm really liking this Jaws premium, the shots are kind of tight, because I suck anyway, but the callouts and video assets are great.

In the past, I have sold some good games mainly because I hated the callouts, with Jaws, this will never be an issue for me.

For instance, long ago a sold a Spider Man VE, callouts were way to geeky for me, and recently picked up the 2007 version with the much better callouts.

#795 15 days ago

I am surprised how Godzilla has stayed #1 for so long, the game is a lot of fun, but the callouts got on my nerves in a hurry, and when that bridge goes crazy, the noise from that also got on my nerves.

#796 15 days ago

So far, I have owned a The Walking Dead pro longer than any other pinball machine ever, and not only is it fun to play, I also like the callouts.

I tried to watch the show one time, after buying the game, and wasn't into the show at all. But the pinball machine, HELL YEAH!

#797 15 days ago

Zartan just curious, every year in the USA we have to file taxes by April 15th, sometimes a different date, if the 15th falls on a weekend, in Canada, do you have certain days that you have to get things done by?

Most people here wait to the last minute, and even file extensions, but I like my accountant, so I always do that stuff as early as I can, while my accountant isn't very busy.

#798 15 days ago

EJS I know you have family living near me, do any of them have pinball machines, and are any of them on this site?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getting-organized-with-ejs-and-little-johnny?tu=johnnypinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.