Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 808 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8119 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8136 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8120 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8241 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8239 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8235 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8233 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8090 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8089 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8088 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7996 (resized).jpeg
    There are 808 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 17.
    #451 1 year ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #452 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Wow, didn't think it got that cold in Georgia.

Right? My uncle says the golf courses (Atlanta area) have to shut down in the summer because it gets so hot nobody wants to play and difficult to keep up maintenance etc.

#453 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Right? My uncle says the golf courses (Atlanta area) have to shut down in the summer because it gets so hot nobody wants to play and difficult to keep up maintenance etc.

The humidity is the worst thing. When the air is dry 90 is not so bad.

#454 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Some winters are mild, with just a trace of snow here and there.
    Some winters are very cold, and the pond next door freezes over, and when that pond freezes over is when normally we get 8 inches of snow that lasts a few days.
    I love winter here. I would hate it if snow was on the ground for weeks and months.
    I hate summer here, but last summer was not bad at all, only very hot and humid from June through August, like it should be.
    A few years ago it was still 90 degrees in November, and that sucked.

This reminds me of when I dated the cousin of my neighbor (that's a bad idea for the record) who was from central America. She kept asking me when it's going to get cold...when it's going to snow...when this...when that. It was one of those years where things were off all the time. Lot of snow early then warm with tornadoes in December. I think they just assumed it's like an odometer rolling over and we turn into an IRL snow globe then poof, flowers and sunshine in the spring. Spring can be an ugly and muddy process up here too.

#455 1 year ago

Work has been crazy this week so hardly done much with pins. Looking forward to getting in a few hours at JohnTTwo tomorrow night.

#456 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Spring can be an ugly and muddy process up here too.

Hell, it has rained here every other day for the last 2 weeks now. I still have leaves to get up, but it never gets dry enough to do anything.

#457 1 year ago

The humidity is the worst thing. When the air is dry 90 is not so bad.

Speaking of humidity....last night we picked up a Jungle Lord and the backglass was spider web cracked all over the place. It's like 3/10. I left my phone at home so didn't get a chance to take a picture with it lit up. I was going to take a pic of the backglass and say this is how my hands feel right now with the dry weather. It almost hurts to wash my hands they're so dry right now.

#458 1 year ago

Hell, it has rained here every other day for the last 2 weeks now. I still have leaves to get up, but it never gets dry enough to do anything.

I just got back from Forest Lake and saw Smoky the Bear for forest fires saying the fire danger is "very high". Kind of strange considering there is snow on the ground. Maybe a couple inches at best. But we are in a drought technically so I suppose it's possible for the ground stuff to catch fire if it's elevated enough. Still glad we aren't like lake Mead out west. Although there are some grumblings of diverting the Mississippi out west or transporting the water. I have no idea how any of that is possible let alone economically viable.

#459 1 year ago

The latest with my pin adventures is I have to be up around 5am tomorrow, for someone to pick up Godzilla. They have a long drive and things to do in the afternoon.

They were going to come here tonight, but it is raining. Glad I have a SUV and don't have to worry about rain to pick up a pin.

Godzilla was fun, but all the multi-balls were wearing me out, while my girlfriend could not do anything, and had short ball times, so she stayed bored.

We both still love The Walking Dead, played it again last night.

Trying a Deadpool next, just for something different.

The Walking Dead is bolted to the floor. My girlfriend hates Oktoberfest, but I like it, and I will not replace it until I find something we both like better.

The Walking Dead was one of the first games I picked up, and many other games have come and gone since. Not only is it fun, it is also funny. Last night I drained pretty quick, and the game said "you suck at this don't you". I had never heard the game say that before.

The Golden Tee arcade is also a lot of fun for the variety of callouts, still hear something new all the time.

That is one of my favorite things about any game, plenty of different callouts.

Godzilla while very fun and long ball times for me, was boring with callouts.

#460 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Although there are some grumblings of diverting the Mississippi out west or transporting the water. I have no idea how any of that is possible let alone economically viable.

Yeah, reminds me of Georgia a few years ago trying to start a property line dispute with Tennessee so that we could tap into the Tennessee River.

#461 1 year ago

And while I am here anyway, hell, I will go ahead and confess here.

I always buy any new game without playing, or even seeing one, just comments and rankings here.

The last time I bought a game that I tried first did not work out well. I made a 6 hour round trip drive to a bar that had a Spiderman VE, and I loved the game! I ordered one.

Once I got the game here, I hated it, the callouts were too geeky and got on my nerves to the point that I turned the sound all the way down.

That bar had music playing so loud, that I could not hear the game, or I would not have ordered one.

It is all good, these days I average breaking even when I sell a game to get another game. So basically, free gameplay without having to drive anywhere.

1 week later
    #462 1 year ago

Busy week over here at work. Haven’t touched any pinballs in the last week.

We have the kind of job where it’s best to cram everything in at the last minute.

I’ll be throwing away a lot of PTO away at the end of the year but I have a couple days off between now and then and hope to post more progress soon.

Happy Friday…or Thursday for me I guess. Full day tomorrow.

1 week later
    #463 1 year ago

Well things have been progressing with Atlantis and Knock Out.

I should continue to work on my 3 cabinets that have been repainted but now I’ve been pulled in a completely different direction. Picked up a duplicate machine today and since both don’t work I want to see if I can get them playing between the two of them and bring one over to a friends house who doesn’t have a machine.

#464 1 year ago

Second one is in better shape overall I don’t really need to change anything over. Just one plastic that’s broken. Just going to clean up one and tune it up and send it on its way. Will put the other back in storage so I can stay on track. I did use the lockdown bar to upgrade my Kings and Queens.

I couldn’t find the correct legs for my second one so I just grabbed a set.

5CFB4F50-48B2-4348-8AFC-CB1C036264B6 (resized).jpeg5CFB4F50-48B2-4348-8AFC-CB1C036264B6 (resized).jpeg
    #465 1 year ago

Next up on the shopping block (get it?)

8BCEFFE3-8B29-4988-9504-3A507DC99896 (resized).jpeg8BCEFFE3-8B29-4988-9504-3A507DC99896 (resized).jpeg

This is the only reason I wanted this game. I’m actually going to steal the glittery flipper bats off my Hot Line so it matches the cover

877B40F0-CCAC-430E-B68E-91191085DEFD (resized).jpeg877B40F0-CCAC-430E-B68E-91191085DEFD (resized).jpeg
    #466 1 year ago

I think I’m going to keep the fat posts out and replace with the mini metal posts. I don’t like how they covered up the space needle like that.

AEAC6583-9D32-4CEB-A34A-E1D2BA8ED422 (resized).jpegAEAC6583-9D32-4CEB-A34A-E1D2BA8ED422 (resized).jpeg
    #467 1 year ago

I think it will look much better!

#468 1 year ago

Happy New Year’s!

#469 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Happy New Year’s!

Hours to go!

There’s a tournament just north of the cities today but me being on call and dealing with the phones makes it difficult to commit to that. Did you pick up your sandpaper?

#470 1 year ago

I didn’t have the chance but I will if anything is open tomorrow. I had a pretty busy day with just complaints. When people are on holiday and they are bored they see EVERY imperfection and try to get the corporations to pay for it. Most of it is their own responsibility so I have to send them a copy of the Declaration to prove it.

#471 1 year ago

I helped pinballplusMN move a Pinbot tonight and they also had a player piano.

I don’t know much about them I guess the paper with the holes in them is an opening to blow compressed air that triggers the keys. You can play it manually too.

They are giving it away it’s in North Oaks MN if anyone wants it. (No the Pinbot wasn’t free)

I’ll be out of town whichever day anyone decides to haul it out of there.

1CB02A44-9F3C-4BD2-B6E8-82ADF66CB281 (resized).jpeg1CB02A44-9F3C-4BD2-B6E8-82ADF66CB281 (resized).jpeg
    #472 1 year ago

Stopped in to visit with pinballplusMN I swear he works 20 hours a day 8 days a week. Here’s a hack he walked in on earlier this week….

7A3F0C64-4DCD-4144-A7FE-3C8B1AB0000E (resized).jpeg7A3F0C64-4DCD-4144-A7FE-3C8B1AB0000E (resized).jpeg
    #473 1 year ago

Meanwhile….making some progress on Magic City.

Not sure what this substance was I’d assume some sort of varnish or adhesive. Though it wasn’t really serving any purpose around here the bat wasn’t cracked.

7578E28A-2FBD-415C-A79A-6D4478763609 (resized).jpeg7578E28A-2FBD-415C-A79A-6D4478763609 (resized).jpeg

26DBA645-61A0-4F23-9AEF-E9462592058F (resized).jpeg26DBA645-61A0-4F23-9AEF-E9462592058F (resized).jpeg
    #474 1 year ago

Maybe it was to hold the hose on the flipper bat. Turns out the rubber rings are some sort of tubing brought together with hardware threads.

BF6AE069-74F5-4432-B128-5F02AE868C19 (resized).jpegBF6AE069-74F5-4432-B128-5F02AE868C19 (resized).jpegCFC7D259-1D31-4610-B922-F8037B86B8ED (resized).jpegCFC7D259-1D31-4610-B922-F8037B86B8ED (resized).jpeg
    #475 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Maybe it was to hold the hose on the flipper bat. Turns out the rubber rings are some sort of tubing brought together with hardware threads.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Haha, that's weird, make your own pinball rubber rings.

#476 1 year ago

It’s honestly something my dad would do! He wouldn’t even come close to trying to find a part source. Fix it by any means possible! Lol

#477 1 year ago

Happy Monday to me

EBD80B4A-456B-42C7-A08B-5E1B8545D6EF (resized).jpegEBD80B4A-456B-42C7-A08B-5E1B8545D6EF (resized).jpeg
    #478 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Happy Monday to me
    [quoted image]

Hope it's work truck and you won't have to pay.

#479 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Hope it's work truck and you won't have to pay.

So far it’s just costing me an afternoon. I’m not a tire expert but apparently they aren’t repairable from that position. They want to replace all 4 which I can understand due to even tread and it’s a truck with some extra weight in it but they aren’t that old so hopefully they can just do the 1.

#480 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

So far it’s just costing me an afternoon. I’m not a tire expert but apparently they aren’t repairable from that position. They want to replace all 4 which I can understand due to even tread and it’s a truck with some extra weight in it but they aren’t that old so hopefully they can just do the 1.

If the tread is good I would just do the one.

#481 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

If the tread is good I would just do the one.

They are doing both in the back.

Honestly the way that nail went in it looked more like a vindictive ex rather than a pickup from the road etc

#482 1 year ago

I am sorry that I have not been posting here much lately, but I am still upvoting every post here, and that is what I really do best anyway.

Pretty sure that watching grass grow, or paint dry, is more enjoyable than reading most posts that I make anyway.

I hope all of you have a GREAT WEEK!

#483 1 year ago

I am sorry that I have not been posting here much lately, but I am still upvoting every post here, and that is what I really do best anyway.
    Pretty sure that watching grass grow, or paint dry, is more enjoyable than reading most posts that I make anyway.
    I hope all of you have a GREAT WEEK!

If you could help by watching the snow melt that would help me out immensely.

Hopefully a slower week at work and more progress on games to be posted soon.

#484 1 year ago

I fished this out of the recycling bin at work today. I think I might upgrade some of the cardboard box parts bins I’ve been using for pinball parts.

There’s a lot of old school electronic components in here wonder if anyone could use them.

1FBFE9B3-A315-4F1E-BB6B-910B2259D766 (resized).jpeg1FBFE9B3-A315-4F1E-BB6B-910B2259D766 (resized).jpeg
    #485 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I fished this out of the recycling bin at work today. I think I might upgrade some of the cardboard box parts bins I’ve been using for pinball parts.
    There’s a lot of old school electronic components in here wonder if anyone could use them.
    [quoted image]

What kind of parts?

#486 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

What kind of parts?

Mostly diodes, resistors, smaller ICs, cmos chips, CRT monitor drivers. Capacitors I threw in the garbage without thought because I’m guessing they are older than I am.

Lot of weird stuff. I’ve googled a few and mouser doesn’t even stock them anymore.

Coolest looking thing are the TIL306 and holy shit $60 each on eBay? (they look damaged on all 4 corners but all of them are like that I guess)
    89100198-1128-462B-AC4E-C4CC2376F120 (resized).jpeg89100198-1128-462B-AC4E-C4CC2376F120 (resized).jpeg

#487 1 year ago

Getting back on track the pop bumpers are in for magic city!

All of the skirts are supposed to be white but I decided to color match

739852B5-394F-4E7A-BE4A-A5EDBE78D817 (resized).jpeg739852B5-394F-4E7A-BE4A-A5EDBE78D817 (resized).jpeg
    #488 1 year ago

Wow! That looks amazing!

#489 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Wow! That looks amazing!

I just tried powering it up with 5V from the pinout diagram from TI. No luck. It probably needs a signal or a trigger or something.

#490 1 year ago

So I was up late last night. I was going to collapse the second storage rack I was consolidating. But decided I could put the rubber feet on and store things ontop of the work bench. Still a mess but a lot of progress made.

4CEEE1B4-FAB7-484D-A23F-FCFD0B9918ED (resized).jpeg4CEEE1B4-FAB7-484D-A23F-FCFD0B9918ED (resized).jpegD0E8B66D-7F07-4BB0-8364-9C0EC086AA3D (resized).jpegD0E8B66D-7F07-4BB0-8364-9C0EC086AA3D (resized).jpeg
    #491 1 year ago

Made a big push on Atlantis today. Lot of scoring issues and no feature lights. Bought as is awhile ago so no surprises.

44FD264E-CACF-4BE7-9900-1744B786A60E (resized).jpeg44FD264E-CACF-4BE7-9900-1744B786A60E (resized).jpeg
    #492 1 year ago

Many distractions as of recently. Magic City almost back together on top. Moving a lot of games around in the basement to make it appear less messy.

ACC2AE64-2EA4-48A0-B7FC-A3F7CEFCC2BD (resized).jpegACC2AE64-2EA4-48A0-B7FC-A3F7CEFCC2BD (resized).jpeg
    #493 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Many distractions as of recently.

Yeah, I have had plenty of distractions also, but I can't complain, variety is good.

I will be glad when I have time for an afternoon nap again.

I hope all of you are having a great week!

#494 1 year ago

I for sure am. 30 minutes til I start a four day weekend. Which includes a three day pinball tournament at our location.

#495 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Many distractions as of recently. Magic City almost back together on top. Moving a lot of games around in the basement to make it appear less messy.
    [quoted image]

Coming along nicely, and yes, I'm still allowed to post in this thread. Haha

#496 1 year ago

I will be glad when I have time for an afternoon nap again.

Maybe fall asleep to some 99x?

I know why you’re talking about naps here now. A flow chart lead you to this

I’m all about naps but haven’t had time.

Hopefully this weekend I’ll have time to see brobra JohnTTwo and DavidLee

#497 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Coming along nicely, and yes, I'm still allowed to post in this thread. Haha

As long as you are within the confines of whatever the OT rules are the door is open

It’s always good having you around!

#498 1 year ago

So the Bond Premium pinballplusMN picked up wasn’t quite up to our expectations so we decided to fulfill one of his customers requests and brought it over to him the other night and is really happy with it. I know a lot of code just came out and maybe we will think about a Pro during another production run.

#499 1 year ago

Confess, now that I no longer work construction, it is hard to get up early. Back then, I was motivated to get up early to beat morning traffic. Now everything I do is within a walk from me.

Wrong thread.

#500 1 year ago

Always something tearing up/

There are 808 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getting-organized-with-ejs-and-little-johnny/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.