Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

016.JPG
008.JPG
overlaydone.jpg
cpstart.jpg
IMG_20150322_084045110.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Found these at the Ohio Pinball Show (Thanks Ron!) Sure was different times back then. I suppose it would be a sin to add Pingulps to a woodrail.

IMG_20150322_084045110.jpgIMG_20150322_084045110.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Maybe someone will make a magnetized version for modern games

#3 9 years ago

Wow, I am too young to have seen this. Crazy! I was a young kid when cigarette machines fell by the waste side.....still crazy to see how society can shift.

#4 9 years ago

hi all-you will find these cigarette holders an most arcade gun games..even into the 70.s they put them on machines..i still use them..do any of you remember the flip-style ashtrays you could put on any arcade game?

#5 9 years ago

The cigarette thing is a major part of my arcade game past... We were wimpy dorks trying to be badasses. Not pinball related, but Williams games had flat panels that were perfect for holding the smoke of a wannabe toughguy.

I *almost* left it, because this is exactly how I remember them. In the end I relented.

If you look slightly to the right in my completed pic, you can see my Robotron still has the overlay with the cigarette burns. It wasn't as bad so I left it.

cpstart.jpgcpstart.jpg overlaydone.jpgoverlaydone.jpg
#6 9 years ago

My Chicago coin bowler has a ashtray so you can smoke and bowl like the old days

008.JPG008.JPG 016.JPG016.JPG
#7 9 years ago

Pinball Resource sells those cig holders.

http://www.pbresource.com/ads/admetal.jpg

#8 9 years ago

Yes, I was aware of that. I saved 15.92 + shipping buying used at the show

#9 9 years ago

I forget how bad the smoke was at arcades when I was young. I think every machine in the one large arcade in my town had some sort of cig holder on it.

This was one major reason I really liked the one arcade at the college student union, no smoking allowed. Also many of the college students were good players and would win more games than they could play before they had to go to class so if I just stood around I would get given a bunch of free games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getting-nostalgia-right and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.