Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by OldSchoolBlood
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Im so excited, im getting my first pin next weekend! I just recently started a new job and the boss has three machines here for customers to play TAF, Pin*bot, and Cyclone. Ive started doing smallish repairs on them for him and have decided that i must have one for myself!

#2 6 years ago

Sweet, what are you getting?

#3 6 years ago

All good titles

#4 6 years ago

Welcome to the addiction

#5 6 years ago

for a first pin go cyclone

#6 6 years ago

Congrats and welcome to the club!!

#7 6 years ago

Nice! Just got my first one four months ago. Actively looking for my second. So many good times already. Good luck with the search. Let us know what you end up with.

#8 6 years ago

Four by the end of the year

#9 6 years ago

Welcome!

What kind of business is it that you work at with pins for customers?
    I need to do business with someone like that!

#10 6 years ago

He will have 10 by Christmas...
    Have fun!

#11 6 years ago

Hopefully the seller will still sell to me, I guess I was too annoying asking questions than had to go away for a couple days for a funeral with my wife(her grandpa died), it was going to be rollergames, wife loves anything to do with roller derby kinda things (I know it's not really roller derby but its sorta like it!) I work in an automotive shop. Keep your fingers crossed that the guy will be understanding.

#12 6 years ago

Lots of people here to help you if he does not. Best of luck, welcome to the hobby

#13 6 years ago

Thanks!

#14 6 years ago

Dude you are saposta ask ALOT of questions when buying a pin....especially your first........hope it works out for you................Joey

#15 6 years ago

Luckily there are a lot of people with rollergames and a lot of people willing to help if it falls through. Good luck! If it doesn't work out, I have one, but I'm pretty far away!

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyms3:

Hopefully the seller will still sell to me, I guess I was too annoying asking questions than had to go away for a couple days for a funeral with my wife(her grandpa died), it was going to be Rollergames, wife loves anything to do with roller derby kinda things (I know it's not really roller derby but its sorta like it!) I work in an automotive shop. Keep your fingers crossed that the guy will be understanding.

Don't feel you were being too annoying. It's a big purchase with lots of potential risk points. It's totally fair to ask tons of questions and really understand what you're getting into.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyms3:

Im so excited, im getting my first pin next weekend! I just recently started a new job and the boss has three machines here for customers to play TAF, Pin*bot, and Cyclone. Ive started doing smallish repairs on them for him and have decided that i must have one for myself!

Welcome but be warned, pins are like potato chips, ya just can't have one. I know cuz I started 2 years ago and now have 16 in a finished gameroom.

#18 6 years ago

Yea, I totally get that ill end up buying more haha. I love tinkering and since I dont work on cars anymore i miss fixing stuff. And the wife is interested in pinball machines and learning how to tinker with them as well so its a win win anyways.

#19 6 years ago

Don't get caught up in the notion that you MUST HAVE one certain pin. You will realize that there are tons of games out there and patience will save you a lot of stress and money in the long run. If you refrain from acting on impulse and just play some pins, you'll realize that every game has something to offer.

Just giving you this advice in case this guy strings you along on this Rollergames.

#20 6 years ago

Appreciate that. ^ The only one thing that i like is that this guy is headed up I95 this weekend and wasnt going to charge me for delivery. But if it falls through, ill get a different one thats for sure.

#21 6 years ago

If he is getting annoyed by questions and wants to bring it to you....I could be wrong here but to me that = red flag.............Joey

#22 6 years ago

zrbrt is right. I've been looking for my first pin for a couple of months and one thing I've learned is that there are always more coming up for sale. I might be getting my first this weekend too. It is not the pin I most desired but it is really cheap and would be a good one to fix up.

#23 6 years ago

Well, its not that he wanted to bring it to me, it is that he is coming up I95 and was gonna be nice to bring it to me. But we shall see.

#24 6 years ago

Rollergames is great, just check the upper lock diverter link and magnet before buying.
    Good luck and welcome to the club, first pin usually multiplies very quickly so beware...

#25 6 years ago

Make sure you see it powered up before you buy it.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Dude you are saposta ask ALOT of questions when buying a pin....especially your first........hope it works out for you................Joey

if the guy doesnt like answering questions about the item he is selling, i would take that as a bad sign.

that said, pinball is an awesome hobby and rollergames is a fun pin ... hope it works out!

last piece of advice ... don't buy a pin you haven't played first.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

first pin usually multiplies very quickly so beware...

No bright lights (except LED)
    Don't get them wet (except to wash the top glass)
    and NEVER feed them quarters after midnight.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Isn't it always after midnight? Never could understand that one.

#29 6 years ago

Quarters after midnight usually means a shitty game!

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Gizmo...

#31 6 years ago

Ha, i was showing my wife the videos of the pinball machine last night, than this morning i get a text that says "Hey did they ever make a Phantom of the Opera pinball machine? I want it if they do"... Even though i was originally the one who started the whole pinball machine buying (havent even gotten the first one yet) she is already looking pins that she is gonna want us to buy... I am in trouble! HAHA

#32 6 years ago

That's the good kind of trouble.....there's none of that in this house.....!!!... .... ...................Joey

#33 6 years ago

One thing you will learn is don't buy a game on theme alone. I did this when I first started by buying X-FILES. Great show, but the pin is less than average for me. Phantom of the Opera is a great theme and the pin is beautiful. The rule set on that one brings it down and gives little replay value, especially in a small collection. I would recommend playing that one a bit first before buying.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside