(Topic ID: 117406)

Getting my first NIB Pinball(Metallica Pro)!!!!

By konghusker

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by konghusker
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sparky.jpg
met.gif
huskers highfive.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I can't wait for it to get delivered hopefully by the end of this week. I've already ordered a few mods like the refinery creeping death blades and lighting, and also the snake fangs, tongue, and green snake light. I'm also planning on doing the red snake eyes, and swapping out some leds for more color. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to all who helped me make this decision, and I'm glad I decided to pull the trigger on this one.

#2 5 years ago

MET was my first nib also...congrats its a great game, I think its sterns best but others would say AC/DC (but they are wrong )
enjoy the NIB experience

#3 5 years ago

Congrats! You are going to love it! Great game!

#4 5 years ago

Great choice for first nib. Mine was TSPP and still play it every week. Congrats, enjoy, and take pictures of the unboxing. Only us pinheads get a euphoric high from them.

#5 5 years ago

From one Husker to another:
Get 'er done! huskers highfive.jpg
Enjoy!

#6 5 years ago

Well done great game your love it and pics please I never get sick of unboxing pictures

#7 5 years ago

First NIB was my METPRO as well.....you chose wisely!! Get the spinner MOD and pop cap MOD made by HOOKED as well.....two well built, solid MODS that add to the game and a perfect fit for MET.
Congrats dude.

#8 5 years ago

Just had a blast with mine...it's a great pin!

#9 5 years ago

I don't know if it's the best Stern ever but it's definitely the best "still in production" pro that you can buy right now.

#10 5 years ago

Congrats! I hope to join the club soon.

#11 5 years ago

Congrats! My first NIB as well a few months back, been playing the crap out of it!

#12 5 years ago

Great choice. Ive had many games over the years and i agree Metallica pro is in my opinion one of Sterns very best. Nothing bad i can say about it period.

#13 5 years ago

Excited for ya buddy.. cant wait to come over an put a good score on that badboy.. GBR.

#14 5 years ago

make sure to add a shaker and powered sub woofer.....

met.gif

#15 5 years ago

Congrats man you are getting one hell of a pin. Enjoy the pin and experience of opening your first NIB!!

First mod I'd get is the support rails, the pegs are totally inadequate IMO.

#16 5 years ago

Nice! You won't regret it.

#17 5 years ago

Great pin for your first NIB experience. I love my Refinery Pro. Open the box from the top, lay it down and slide it out. The boxes are worth big bucks.

#18 5 years ago

What are the differences between pro and premium? Are they major?

Post edited by bushz: spelling

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

What are the differences between pro and premium? Are they major?
Post edited by bushz: spelling

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/metallica/pro/1068/Tallica%20features%20Sheet1%20-%20Table%201.pdf

#20 5 years ago

Thanks. Has anyone played both and how do you fell about the differences? Are they significant?

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Thanks. Has anyone played both and how do you fell about the differences? Are they significant?

Cliff notes version:
Premium has better lighting effects, Hammer with physical ball lock, Snake's jaw moves, rising grave marker, spinners… I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch but the premium / LE has a lot of upgrades that are worth it.

#22 5 years ago

Biggest negative on the premium vs pro: they use a solid block instead of a newton's ball. That's an easy fix; not a huge negative.

Both pro and premium are fun as hell to play.

#23 5 years ago

Maybe the biggest negative on the premium is the price.

#24 5 years ago

The cost factor is real; but how real varies on the buyer. If cost was the only factor, then buying a routed pro would totally be the way to go.

Playing the pro on location certainly got me hooked; from there I debated pro vs premium. In the end, the "cost" of the extras I figure I'll make back when I sell the machine down the road. At least close enough to not matter. The cost of "renting" (purchase price, minus sales price) either one should be fairly comparable, whether the resale market goes up or down, so there's little downside to going for the nicer one. Other than tying up cash.

The pro is a great game, and the OP is gonna have a blast. The premium is a great piece of vibrant kinetic art.

#25 5 years ago

The only really desirable thing on the prem/le imho is the color changing gi. Thats it. The hammer is a so so gimmick. Some games the le/prem really are good but to me that has only been with ac/dc Xmen pro is miles better sans color changing lights again. I dont care about cabinets at all. I have said many times sell me a game with a pure black cab for less money and I will show you my cash. I only care about gameplay.

#26 5 years ago

Mine first NIB was a (non led) MET pro. Could not be happier! (owned a reasonable TFTC, and a nice RFM, and an nib state FGY) I have only have lace for one pinball machine...

But man what an experience it is, to take it out of the box!

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from psygho:

Mine first NIB was a (non led) MET pro. Could not be happier! (owned a reasonable TFTC, and a nice RFM, and an nib state FGY) I have only have lace for one pinball machine...
But man what an experience it is, to take it out of the box!

Have you done any mods to get it closer to a Prem? The new Pro LED is something I might be interested in.

#28 5 years ago

Congrats.

#29 5 years ago

Excellent choice!

#30 5 years ago

This would be my choice if I were in the NIB market for sure. Fun pin.

#31 5 years ago

The pro/prem/LE differences are many and most were mentioned in this thread. I just don't see the differences adding much to the actual game play/rules of the MET pin. The features on the Prem/LE are more like eye candy to me.

I have played all 3 versions quite a bit, and I do like all of them a lot.

I don't care about the grave marker raising.
I don't care about physical ball locks.
I don't care about the snake's mouth moving.

I think that the color changing LED's are cool, but I can live without them.
I do miss the spinners and I do realize that I can "hard mod" them in on a pro, but I haven't yet.

So, I am not paying thousands more for color changing LEDs and Spinners. The hell with that noise.

The rules to achieving snake multi ball are a little different on the pro. I actually think it's much harder to achieve snake MB on the pro, but I would invite others to weigh in on that fact.

#32 5 years ago

What is different about snake multi ball and where do you get the spinner mod that I keep hearing about?

#33 5 years ago

I got the machine yesterday, and love it. Great decision to purchase. It's next to my AC/DC premium, and they pair up very nicely. Love this game. I'm actually very impressed with how much better the led version stands out compared to the incandescent I played a few months back. The led is a huge improvement.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I got the machine yesterday, and love it. Great decision to purchase. It's next to my AC/DC premium, and they pair up very nicely. Love this game. I'm actually very impressed with how much better the led version stands out compared to the incandescent I played a few months back. The led is a huge improvement.

who did you buy it from? I was told the LED version wouldn't be available until April or MAY.

Thanks

#35 5 years ago

I bought a pro new inbox about a year ago ended up selling it and recently purchased a LE the biggest difference with the snake that no one has talked about is that during multi-ball the snake will catch and hold a ball in it's mouth and another ball will be launched from the shooter Lane effectively giving you an add a ball although the snake will hold it for a minute or so then it will launch it back into play this feature comes in very handy when you're in multi-ball and are down to two balls in play lock one in the snake boom three balls back in play but for the first minute you only have to worry about two on the playfield

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

I bought a pro new inbox about a year ago ended up selling it and recently purchased a LE the biggest difference with the snake that no one has talked about is that during multi-ball the snake will catch and hold a ball in it's mouth and another ball will be launched from the shooter Lane effectively giving you an add a ball although the snake will hold it for a minute or so then it will launch it back into play this feature comes in very handy when you're in multi-ball and are down to two balls in play lock one in the snake boom three balls back in play but for the first minute you only have to worry about two on the playfield

The pro pretty much does the same thing. During multiball hit all four pick targets, then shoot the snake for an add-a-ball, and i believe ball save timer starts again. The snake doesnt hold the ball though. Glad your loving it, you'll start to see all the modes, it only gets better. Don't let it hurt your kong skills....

#37 5 years ago

Those rules mentioned were NOT the differences that I was talking about. I was specifically referring to the rules regarding the collection of SNAKE letters to progress towards snake multiball on the Prem and LE machines vs. the pro.

Everyone seems to like the fact that you can park a ball in the snakes mouth durin MB's... I do not like this fact. The reason is because it makes getting bigger scores in multiball that much easier.

#38 5 years ago

bushz, I found it at tilt amusements the day after stern stopped making them. It took a full day of calling/emailing, and tilt had only 5 left so I bought it up. A couple other places had them in stock, but they were way higher price.

#39 5 years ago

metallica is a great time. Better than AC/DC? I'd say no, but it's up there. And I hate the band, but really like the game.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

bushz, I found it at tilt amusements the day after stern stopped making them. It took a full day of calling/emailing, and tilt had only 5 left so I bought it up. A couple other places had them in stock, but they were way higher price.

Funny, I started checking around and they were priced higher for a pro model with incandescent lights than a few other places with a new pro w/ led's.

Seems the prices have gone up now too

#41 5 years ago

The moveable jaw on the snake is great, I love how it changes between being a closed switch to an open scoop. Being able to glance at it during multiball and see it open means I know I've hit all the picks and need to shoot for it for instance, handy when you're juggling a lot of balls and a quick look gives you the info you need.

#42 5 years ago

Here's my sparky so far. Subtle changes, but thought it fitting that he's an acdc fan sitting next to my acdc pin. Needs the cap still, and will probably be done altering him.

sparky.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside