20190316_001323 (resized).jpg
DSCF6151 (resized).JPG
DSCF6148 (resized).JPG
Facetted post (resized).jpg
20190308_202652 (resized).jpg
20190308_202615 (resized).jpg
72B6B140-873D-4CAE-B7F9-019673003CA1 (resized).jpeg
i3MK3S_Kit (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrewNinja.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Some swear by glass, but I think it is a pain in the backside. In my experience, you have to always use glue stick which means lots of cleaning up after prints, or you go the hairspray route which takes a lot of time and again involves clean up. However, if you need a smooth surface to your model and/or your printer doesn't create easily detachable/clean rafts, then it can be a better option than default.

I use glass (mirror tile actually) and hairspray. Not sure how it involves lots of time. When things stop sticking (and if I spread small things around on the build plate, this is a long time), I wash it with some soap and water in the sink, then take the 5 seconds to put on some more hairspray. Then start over. Not hard at all. And since I got a 6 pack of mirror tiles for like $10, I can go a LONG time between cleanings.

1 week later
#199 5 years ago

I have an Ender 3. I print on mirror, and my print bottoms are shiny and smooth as glass. Im not saying they are just smooth, like they literally look like opaque glass. Its a thing of beauty.

My buddy recently got a Prusa and commented on how nice my prints looked (I had to print him a piece he broke on his). Can the Ender 3 print as well as or better than a Prusa? Absolutely. It all comes down to spending time setting things up and figuring out how to make it better. I also spent a LOT less than he did on his. However, I also spent probably more time in setup. I'm not saying that the Prusa isn't a nice machine, it absolutely is. But don't expect that because its a Prusa, it will automatically be better. Most of how things turn out is on the user, making sure you have settings dialed in for the specific filament you are using and your machine.

#209 5 years ago

I would say your part looks really good. FDM printing is layers upon layers. You aren't going to notice a difference in quality going to a prusa to be honest. Set the layer height to something like .8 or 1.2 with your .4 nozzle and see how much nicer it is (and watch the print time increase substantially). Looks like you have most of your settings dialed in pretty well already.

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Umm. I think your decimal is the wrong place. At .8 or 1.2 his part would look like Stairs and I am fairly confident would never print with those massive layer heights. lol

Lol.... That's what I get trying to type on my phone

1 week later
#225 5 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

How easy was it to flash the stock firmware?

Its not that hard to flash. It takes a few minutes. Look for the "Teaching Tech" ender 3 flashing video. He talks about everything you need to do, and how to edit Marlin for the settings you need. Especially if you already have an arduino sitting around, it takes a few minutes. Easy peasy.

#254 5 years ago

Whether or not its worth paying the premium or not, PLA+ is different than regular PLA. It tends to have more bend to it before it breaks than regular PLA. I love esun pla+. Ill pay the $4 or so extra to run that over other high end PLA. You do have to run it about 20* hotter while printing.

2 weeks later
#272 5 years ago

Anyone model out the Williams white post spacer used on most of the WPC games? (this guy for reference: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8371 ) If someone has done it, I wont waste the time. But if not, Ill do it. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes I know, but I don't have one in front of me to measure is all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,059.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrewNinja.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getting-my-feet-wet-with-3d-printing?tu=BrewNinja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.