Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by wolffcub
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 71 days ago

So, I found a 3D model for Williams Drop target guides.

Printed them with my new fancy Tevo Mikey 3D printer.

They work great in PLA.

I don't have a scanner, so am being pushed to either build models or get a 3D scanning service to build a model.

Are there 3D models for other pinball parts somewhere on Pinside or other that I could try to reproduce?

Thanks!

#3 70 days ago

Give Autodesk Fushion 360 a try. It's free and after a few video lessons on YouTube you'll be creating in no time.

#4 70 days ago

Anyone got a file for keeping target switches upright?

1 month later
#5 33 days ago

pb456 Do you have X-box 360? You could use it for 3D scanning easy, there are a lot of tutorials on YouTube. From my personal experience best scans can be obtained with this software (I used 30days trial version). Or you can try to build a 3D model with Autodesk Fusion or FreeCAD for example.

1 week later
#6 20 days ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Anyone got a file for keeping target switches upright?

Do you mean the guides for Williams drop targets?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2792174

#7 18 days ago

If its something you can hand measure and relay the info up here i can draw it in solidworks for you.

#8 18 days ago
Quoted from LongsdaleX:

pb456 Do you have X-box 360? You could use it for 3D scanning easy, there are a lot of tutorials on YouTube. From my personal experience best scans can be obtained with this software (I used 30days trial version). Or you can try to build a 3D model with Autodesk Fusion or FreeCAD for example.

No joke. I have to try this. Thanks for the tip!

#9 18 days ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

If its something you can hand measure and relay the info up here i can draw it in solidworks for you.

Thank you - I haven't done really anything substantive with any CAD software outside of the Microsoft 3D builder. My daughter has more experience in that than I have!!

With an STL file - a pre-made model of say, lane guides - would it be easier to start with that or to do a new model?

I ask as some of the Williams lane guides on ThingVerse are really cruddy, not accurate and could use some tweaking. I was thinking of that and possibly some plastics. Some of the posts are close but not quite there.

Would it be easier for someone with Fusion or Solidworks skill to redo those?

#10 15 days ago

I'd love to see some 3D printed pop bumper caps for Blackout!

#12 14 days ago

Any ideas on how to convert the SLDPRT to an STL? Or SLDPRT import into Fusion 360 or other?

#13 14 days ago

Just need to resave it in solid works. Pm me and you can get my email. Email me the SW part file and I can resale it if that helps you.

#14 14 days ago
Quoted from pb456:

Thank you - I haven't done really anything substantive with any CAD software outside of the Microsoft 3D builder. My daughter has more experience in that than I have!!
With an STL file - a pre-made model of say, lane guides - would it be easier to start with that or to do a new model?
I ask as some of the Williams lane guides on ThingVerse are really cruddy, not accurate and could use some tweaking. I was thinking of that and possibly some plastics. Some of the posts are close but not quite there.
Would it be easier for someone with Fusion or Solidworks skill to redo those?

I can add to STL files but sometimes it’s easier to start from scratch. Thin final products like lane guide sides might be an issue 3D printing as its hard to build a really thin strong wall that won’t delaminate.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 104.00
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cincinnati, OH
$ 14.00
1,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hemet, CA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside