Unknown (resized).jpg
download (3) (resized).jpg
37942 (resized).jpg
f0249ef8b627ffd6a92cbf8db34ab0a086d637cd.jpeg (resized).jpg
8be819b3fad869e0774b1509834b769a4315585b (resized).jpg
48c1ef5af99f5b8da65fddd30273a813d5ec817d (resized).jpg
6d996955b8279377a2d457758fceca0339d3c5ab (resized).jpg
A409743C-96DD-4A5E-9E5F-7D653852A629 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gryszzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

My first EM. Stoked to finally have some bells and chimes ringin round here.
ALL THOSE DROPS WOW..
I know it's not as sexy as El Dorado, but it's not as pricey either.
Will I be ok bringing this back 4 hours in a small trailer? I'll throw 3 layers of carpet padding down but I'm gonna be nervous as hell ridin it back there.
Anyhow looks like there's gonna be a few Target Alphas at Expo. Please death save on Todd's, not mine, thanks.

#3 5 years ago

Who can consistently knock down 15 on one ball? What's your personal record?

#4 5 years ago

Thanks Buzz.
Really excited to bring in an em, especially this one.

#15 5 years ago

Thanks for the tips gents. Yeah I was gonna ride the head in the suv. I also know I'll be adjusting switches when I get home, think I can handle that.
Schudel you've been on Pinside for 15 years. WOW.
It'll prob take me that long to knock all 15 down on one ball lol.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Should they reset? Light double bonus? It did nothing so I was insta-pissed. Haha

This made me laugh out loud. HA! Thanks Chuck. Always look forward to hanging with ya again. See ya soon bub.

#16 5 years ago

Also....big thank you to Slim64 for hookin me up with a great game/great deal.

#21 5 years ago

I think only fancy pantsy El Dorado does that.
Just keep rubbin it in Civ.
Hell I ain't even technically bought it yet, but
WTT: TA for ED

#31 5 years ago

OD my bruh as always, I greatly appreciate yer advice. Although I don't know seller, he's been here as long as me and a "familiar face". He sent me pics of two machines, and the Expressway he has is absolutely gorgeous. Target Alpha more players, but still in what looks to be real good shape. I can tell he takes good care of his games. I don't have the eye/experience to buy an em off of Craigslist Kenny. This seemed to work out perfect.
But still great advice nonetheless, thanks mang.

#32 5 years ago

Can't believe you put those on JD.
How many times has NimbleNuts woke up and found out you put 2" flippers on all his machines?

#38 5 years ago

I'd drive over and get it but I need a damn steering wheel too.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

maybe it's just real busy in the junkyard world.

We in the killin nazi and also part time Kentucky junkyard parts pullin business, and cousin, business is a BOOMIN
Aldo_Raine_and_Werner_Rachtman_wait_for_the_Bear_Jew (resized).jpgAldo_Raine_and_Werner_Rachtman_wait_for_the_Bear_Jew (resized).jpg

#42 5 years ago

Huh. Never thought about that OD. Obviously the more players you add, the more reels etc you're adding which equals more work.
Are single player EM's more sought after because of this? Looks like in this case, it certainly would be. But are 4 player EM's too much maintenance?

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Ok, love junk yards. I'll be on the lookout for one.

Can you see New Richmond OH from where you're sittin? I can, almost.

#50 5 years ago

I could not ask for anything greater on a Fri night than my thread being derailed by, ironically, an old steering wheel. OD get a plane ticket to Expo goddamit.
Cheers assholes.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Good luck with Target Alpha. Get it, goodbye!

Good buy?

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

it’s
Probably the latch trip X relays. Good luck with that.

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png

#59 5 years ago

Riff raff?

Bon looks like yer uncle Larry that just pulled up to the family reunion on his Kawasaki 500.

#60 5 years ago

That really is the greatest ACDC vid ever.

#62 5 years ago

Guess what OD I can play both those tracks simultaneously which is what I'm doin right now. Kinda sucks.

#67 5 years ago

Here's what's goin on tonight

#69 5 years ago

WELL LOOKIE THERE!
JJ is one of the coolest cats I know. He'll take care of you and yer raggedy ass steering wheel OD.

#80 5 years ago

Jjsmooth be a doll and show OD and RD that bad fuckin ass Judas Priest Centaur you own. Nevermind...I forgot you texted me that pic.
CHECK THIS OUT!!!
IMG_20181006_220827_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20181006_220827_01 (resized).jpg
Jerry is a fuckin master craftsman. And his boy is just as talented. Love that asshole.

#81 5 years ago

Jerry I know yer old ass is already in bed, but I need a new Sinbad cab. You start it yet?

#86 5 years ago

OD I am only a week away from admission. Pickin er up at Chicago Expo next Thurs. Pretty doggone stoked about it too.
How did I make it 5 years with NO EM'S???
Time to put an end to that nonsense.

#87 5 years ago

Also...congrats on that pos steering wheel.

#99 5 years ago

Ok RD, I'll talk to mamma tonight. See if I can't make it for a couple days. With a 2 yr old, goin anywhere is tough. That's why I just stay in my basement, where the beer and the death metal are both ice cold.

#102 5 years ago

Well my other two are 14 and 9. Izzy was a post-cruise surprise. And at 41, motherfucker was I surprised.

#106 5 years ago

You're not gonna put my Kruzman pf on that ill balanced rotisserie are ya?? Jam a fuckin cleate on there ffs.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

That's what I hear

LOL

#110 5 years ago

I can do the 1st round of sanding and bondo.
I'm sure it won't be up to yer high standards asshole. And that's why yer the perfect man for the job. Ill text ya tomorrow about it.

#112 5 years ago

I heard the TA vault is gonna have 2" flippers and reels that never need worked on.

#117 5 years ago

MY GOODNESS Nimbleswill that pic got me mouth waterin like a sprinkler. I gotta make this happen.

#118 5 years ago

NimbleSWILL

#121 5 years ago

New phonebooks get there?
WindingSkeletalEthiopianwolf-size_restricted.gifWindingSkeletalEthiopianwolf-size_restricted.gif

#122 5 years ago

Jerry grab that for ya? Guess he's only 97% asshole. Huh. Never woulda guessed.

#124 5 years ago

It's gettin spitshined by Slim right now. Will get to death save that fucker all night on Thurs.
One of these years you need to make it out to Chicago Expo OD. I have a coat to loan ya.

#126 5 years ago

LOL.
The Corolla is the tank of the small car world, I'll give ya that. Pretty much unstoppable. Unless ya hit a screen door with it.

#129 5 years ago

I see woodrail cabinet repair in the near future.

#130 5 years ago

I gotta get out there mang. Old surfer that says fuck you to LA trends I'm afraid I might not ever leave bruh.
Hails to the OD!

#133 5 years ago

That stupid Beach Boys pic reminds me of somethin.

1 week later
#135 5 years ago

Well, Target Alpha made it through Expo with only being down Thurs night. Still not sure why it wouldn't start a game, but Fri morning it fired right up.
Was really concerned about gettin her home, as I clearly have no experience with em's. Gotta start somewhere! She made it, got her set up on Mon and honestly, just played Maiden for the first time last night. TA is addictive as hell. Pure pinball magic. I love this machine.
Question: this morning I rolled the score for the 1st time, ended up at 123,790. How do you know, if you're not playing, that it rolled over? Is there something I'm missing that proves this? Also...what is the little 2 in the bottom box on bg?
Might just go on an OD craze and replace all these Stern's with em's lol. Already thinkin about my next one, but extremely happy to be bangin on this one.
YAY TARGET ALPHA

#136 5 years ago

20181027_113005 (resized).jpg20181027_113005 (resized).jpg
20181027_113847 (resized).jpg20181027_113847 (resized).jpg

#140 5 years ago

Player 4 is killin it
20181030_230236 (resized).jpg20181030_230236 (resized).jpg

6 months later
#142 4 years ago

Welp, has been playin great since Oct now all of a sudden it won't power on. Dead as Jerry Garcia. Nothin, nada, zilch. Don't have any idea where to start. Yes I checked the cord and the outlet it's plugged into...all good there. Hope this is simple, like me.

#144 4 years ago

Thanks Mike.
They speak English in What?
Honestly I have no idea what you just said, but I do have the schematics for this so looking them over now trying to translate.
Thank you for yer reply.

3 weeks later
#149 4 years ago

Twas just a fuse fellas. It's alive!
The main power 5 amp slo blo to be exact.
Thanks for all your tips though, gracias.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, CO
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gryszzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getting-my-1st-em-target-alpha-any-advice-appreciated?tu=gryszzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.