Topic Stats

• 149 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Gryszzz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181030_230236 (resized).jpg
20181027_113847 (resized).jpg
20181027_113005 (resized).jpg
DSCN5995 (resized).JPG
WindingSkeletalEthiopianwolf-size_restricted.gif
DSCN6019 (resized).JPG
DSCN6017 (resized).JPG
A6C19287-3A92-408B-B945-1D691D3BE442 (resized).jpeg
Unknown (resized).jpg
download (3) (resized).jpg
37942 (resized).jpg
f0249ef8b627ffd6a92cbf8db34ab0a086d637cd.jpeg (resized).jpg
8be819b3fad869e0774b1509834b769a4315585b (resized).jpg
48c1ef5af99f5b8da65fddd30273a813d5ec817d (resized).jpg
6d996955b8279377a2d457758fceca0339d3c5ab (resized).jpg
A409743C-96DD-4A5E-9E5F-7D653852A629 (resized).jpeg

There are 149 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 1 year ago

My first EM. Stoked to finally have some bells and chimes ringin round here.
ALL THOSE DROPS WOW..
I know it's not as sexy as El Dorado, but it's not as pricey either.
Will I be ok bringing this back 4 hours in a small trailer? I'll throw 3 layers of carpet padding down but I'm gonna be nervous as hell ridin it back there.
Anyhow looks like there's gonna be a few Target Alphas at Expo. Please death save on Todd's, not mine, thanks.

#2 1 year ago

Congratulations.

#3 1 year ago

Who can consistently knock down 15 on one ball? What's your personal record?

#4 1 year ago

Thanks Buzz.
Really excited to bring in an em, especially this one.

#5 1 year ago

A couple tilt switches got jiggled around on my El Dorado after transport. It took me an entire day to find them all and figure out which ones were supposed to be open and shut, but I guess that’s part of the joy. I love mine, it’s like playing an endless game of breakout but with bells. Excellent choice Glenn, you’re gonna be stoked on that one. By far my fav. EM layout.

#6 1 year ago

Grzzzzzz welcome to the cool guys club.

My first game was the 2 player version, Solar City, almost 30 years ago.

The thing with EMs, you want to play them all the time. Every couple of weeks minimum. This keeps the contacts clean - if they get rusted up, they don’t work so well.

rd

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I’ve knocked them all down before. The one I was playing (EL Dorado), did nothing after I hit them all down. Should they reset? Light double bonus? It did nothing so I was insta-pissed. Haha

#8 1 year ago

Congrats! I've found EM's to be rock solid - even after transport. I'd put the head in the car for the ride home instead of in the trailer to not have the backglass bouncing around. It's a great title, and I love the art on it. I'll be sure to look for it at Expo!

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve knocked them all down before. The one I was playing (EL Dorado), did nothing after I hit them all down. Should they reset? Light double bonus? It did nothing so I was insta-pissed. Haha

They stay down unfortunately. Part of me was thinking of some way to mod in a reset switch for each bank

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Slim64:

They stay down unfortunately. Part of me was thinking of some way to mod in a reset switch for each bank

Bummer. So what should you go for after that?

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bummer. So what should you go for after that?

Really the only thing to shoot for at that point is the extra ball or special lanes on the left and right. Perhaps the 5k alternating spotted lanes at the very top, but that's more of a luck shot than skill. Grab an extra ball and then let it drain and start attacking those 15 targets again!!

#12 1 year ago

I just brought in an EM to add to my collection a month ago. Now I bought another. I have a grand prix and a space mission. Make room for more!!

Mike

Quoted from Gryszzz:

My first EM. Stoked to finally have some bells and chimes ringin round here.
ALL THOSE DROPS WOW..
I know it's not as sexy as El Dorado, but it's not as pricey either.
Will I be ok bringing this back 4 hours in a small trailer? I'll throw 3 layers of carpet padding down but I'm gonna be nervous as hell ridin it back there.
Anyhow looks like there's gonna be a few Target Alphas at Expo. Please death save on Todd's, not mine, thanks.

#13 1 year ago

Had a Solar City and El Dorado, and I sold them both (Dumb) thinking I'd get a Gold Strike because I like add-a-ball - still looking... although I might be close now.

Great games all and you're going to love the Target Alpha. Great playfield. Ultimately Target Alpha is my favorite art on all iterations! I agree with the "head in the car" method. It always works for me. Also, if you ever need it, I know CPR does have a reproduction plastic set on the game.

Best of luck and enjoy the game.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Unfortunately T/A suffers from this like most multi-player EMs. Drop down all 15 drops and then spend the rest of the ball getting 10 pts from the slings/rebound or maybe the EB or Special if you're into that sort of thing. That's it. Having the drops reset may make you have something to shoot for, but how is the bonus handled? I have a T/A, it is fun, but once you drop all 15 drops down...

#15 1 year ago

Thanks for the tips gents. Yeah I was gonna ride the head in the suv. I also know I'll be adjusting switches when I get home, think I can handle that.
Schudel you've been on Pinside for 15 years. WOW.
It'll prob take me that long to knock all 15 down on one ball lol.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Should they reset? Light double bonus? It did nothing so I was insta-pissed. Haha

This made me laugh out loud. HA! Thanks Chuck. Always look forward to hanging with ya again. See ya soon bub.

#16 1 year ago

Also....big thank you to Slim64 for hookin me up with a great game/great deal.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Unfortunately T/A suffers from this like most multi-player EMs. Drop down all 15 drops and then spend the rest of the ball getting 10 pts from the slings/rebound or maybe the EB or Special if you're into that sort of thing. That's it. Having the drops reset may make you have something to shoot for, but how is the bonus handled? I have a T/A, it is fun, but once you drop all 15 drops down...

Game logic would reset the bonus on the bank that resets.....I guess you could think of it as risk reward....complete the bank to light extra ball and the chance for more drops or go conservative and leave a target up to reserve that double bonus on later balls..... Hmmmmmm

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Actually, in my El Dorado and the other one I've played the targets all immediately come back up after you knock the last one down. After this happens, any time you hit a drop target that has the traveling light in front of it the game gives you a credit. If you're playing Gold Strike, the rarer variant, instead of a credit you get an extra ball... meaning a good player can pretty much play it forever.

#19 1 year ago

But in this version, yes they stay down until you drain.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Actually, in my El Dorado and the other one I've played the targets all immediately come back up after you knock the last one down. After this happens, any time you hit a drop target that has the traveling light in front of it the game gives you a credit. If you're playing Gold Strike, the rarer variant, instead of a credit you get an extra ball... meaning a good player can pretty much play it forever.

Fun difference in the rules and bonus from that to TA.

#21 1 year ago

I think only fancy pantsy El Dorado does that.
Just keep rubbin it in Civ.
Hell I ain't even technically bought it yet, but
WTT: TA for ED

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Three times in one game, if I remember correctly. Or maybe it was two.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just keep rubbin it in Civ.

OK!

Seriously though, knocking down all 15 in one ball is SUPER F'ing hard. You're gonna love it, that's my Biscuit Power guarantee and I stand behind it.

IMG-8807 (resized).JPG
#24 1 year ago

Ug, this reminds me I still gotta swap out the LED's this came with for regular bulbs. Did the backbox and ran out. Had no idea EMs have like 100 bulbs in the head!

#25 1 year ago

Great game,.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

OK!
Seriously though, knocking down all 15 in one ball is SUPER F'ing hard. You're gonna love it, that's my Biscuit Power guarantee and I stand behind it.[quoted image]

That's what I was going to add. There are games that are too easy, but El Dorado, Gold Strike, Target Alpha, Solar City are not on that list.

#27 1 year ago

I suppose if one was to swap in some two inch flippers, this might become a bit more challenging of a game.

#28 1 year ago

As far as advice.

Before you buy it, start a four player game and play it out and make sure all the score reels are working freely and all the drop targets drop and reset as they are supposed to. Also make sure everything else like the bonus ladder is working correctly and all switches are scoring as they should. Then start a game again and make sure all the score reels and everything else resets as it is supposed to. These are not the easiest score reels to work on if you have never done any before.

Also open it up and look for signs that somebody may have sprayed WD-40 or something else on any of the moving parts. They will be all gummed up with dirty crud. A little factory grease is normal. Also look for corrosion. Any of this and you may want to pass on it.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I suppose if one was to swap in some two inch flippers, this might become a bit more challenging of a game.

Hmmm! Read that some where else on EMside. Missed it by an inch.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Hmmm! Read that some where else on EMside. Missed it by an inch.

Did you ever see my Judge Dredd?

JD (resized).jpg
#31 1 year ago

OD my bruh as always, I greatly appreciate yer advice. Although I don't know seller, he's been here as long as me and a "familiar face". He sent me pics of two machines, and the Expressway he has is absolutely gorgeous. Target Alpha more players, but still in what looks to be real good shape. I can tell he takes good care of his games. I don't have the eye/experience to buy an em off of Craigslist Kenny. This seemed to work out perfect.
But still great advice nonetheless, thanks mang.

#32 1 year ago

Can't believe you put those on JD.
How many times has NimbleNuts woke up and found out you put 2" flippers on all his machines?

#33 1 year ago

Single player EM games are a little easier for the novice to work on and keep running. Last Expressway I played was fun but was on location with very weak flippers.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Can't believe you put those on JD.
How many times has NimbleNuts woke up and found out you put 2" flippers on all his machines?

Contrary to popular belief, I don't sleep with nimblenuts.

#35 1 year ago

Hey Gryszzz,

How close are you to New Richmond, Ohio? I'm trying to buy a steering wheel from a junkyard there for a Corolla I bought last weekend, and it is like jumping thru hoops. If it was a grey wheel, I could get one no problem, but it seems the brown ones are few and far between.

#36 1 year ago

O-din,
New Richmond is down by Cincy and close to Chuckwurt's place.

#37 1 year ago

Thanks! There are some hard to see pics on his website, but this guy won't even take a closeup pic or inspect the part until I fill out some credit card verification form and fax it to him first. I know it sounds like a scam, but maybe it's just real busy in the junkyard world.

I already told him sounds like too much trouble for the both of us.

#38 1 year ago

I'd drive over and get it but I need a damn steering wheel too.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'd drive over and get it but I need a damn steering wheel too.

I already checked and that is half the Indy race distance there and back. Good ole surfsidedetail just stopped by and said "why don't you just go to Pep Boys like everyone else and buy a cheap $20 steering wheel cover?"

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

maybe it's just real busy in the junkyard world.

We in the killin nazi and also part time Kentucky junkyard parts pullin business, and cousin, business is a BOOMIN
Aldo_Raine_and_Werner_Rachtman_wait_for_the_Bear_Jew (resized).jpg

#41 1 year ago

"So close, and yet so far away..."

B0C58198BE3F47D1A29D7DF70B780EC1005_web (resized).jpg
#42 1 year ago

Huh. Never thought about that OD. Obviously the more players you add, the more reels etc you're adding which equals more work.
Are single player EM's more sought after because of this? Looks like in this case, it certainly would be. But are 4 player EM's too much maintenance?

#43 1 year ago

First, I messaged the dude with the steering wheel and basically told him "shut up and take my money".

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Huh. Never thought about that OD. Obviously the more players you add, the more reels etc you're adding which equals more work.
Are single player EM's more sought after because of this? Looks like in this case, it certainly is. But are 4 player EM's too much maintenance?

Single player games are more sought after because in most cases all 5 balls add up to one complete game. Complete this, complete that, and light up the special, and then collect the special or specials and hear that knocker go knock knock. I have a couple of single players set on three ball, but it is that same mission.

And none of that build up a bonus and collect it after each ball drains most 70s multiplayers are equipped with. Then start the next ball and do it all over again.

With multiplayer games it is hard for the game to remember where the last player left off except in the score, so resetting the entire thing and starting each ball anew is the easiest solution for that. Very few multiplayers have playfield memory, but Pit Stop is one and a crowd favorite here.

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

"So close, and yet so far away..."
[quoted image]

Why do you need that steering wheel so bad?

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Why do you need that steering wheel so bad?

I've picked up a 2003 Corolla with only 114k miles on it that came into my work in real good shape for cheap. However the steering wheel is sun baked and real crusty so I thought it would be a nice touch to put a good one in there. Plus that's where you put your hands on it and it's pretty bad.

#46 1 year ago

Ok, love junk yards. I'll be on the lookout for one.

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I used to hit all the pic your parts around here, but last time I figured out any Toyota newer than 2000 is either going to be a total disaster with nothing worth taking or sent to one of those high class junkyards. Plenty of grey wheels available on e-bay and such, but very few brown ones any good. Fits 2003-2008.

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Can you see New Richmond OH from where you're sittin? I can, almost.

#49 1 year ago

I can see a clock that says 4:55 on it.

Adios amigos!

#50 1 year ago

I could not ask for anything greater on a Fri night than my thread being derailed by, ironically, an old steering wheel. OD get a plane ticket to Expo goddamit.
Cheers assholes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.40
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vallejo, CA
Wanted
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 8,000.00
$ 89.99
$ 149.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 92.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 149 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside