New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 187708)

Getting Married Again

By Azmodeus

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Gerry
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3841 (resized).JPG
a1467 (resized).png
alaska_wedding.jpg

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

I need to get married again. I never thought I would. Things have changed. I'm gonna get married and it's going to be amazing.

Where would you do it? I have some ideas.

It's going to be more important for the few who can attend for me to have a great time. Let's just say for the sake of fun money was no object. The moon is out. Too difficult. Oh also I have time to plan this is not a rush job. Hoping for next year.

#2 3 years ago

Fireworks. Have a private fireworks show.

#3 3 years ago

See now that's what I'm talking about. An excellent detail. Fully do able. Awesome!

#4 3 years ago

Azmodeus,have the first ever PAGG wedding!!!

#5 3 years ago

Las Vegas.... I've read a lot of great things about that town lately.

#6 3 years ago

I thought about it hawk moon. For sure. I'm just not sure about the logistics of getting married 7 hours from home. It is a great idea.

#7 3 years ago

I got married the first time 25 years ago in Vegas. I would do it again, but with planning. Vegas rocks and its convenient for inbound family.

#8 3 years ago

sorry for your loss

#9 3 years ago

Just a minute.. Azmodeus, "You have to get married?" Didn't your parents give you 'the talk'.

#10 3 years ago

I'm confused. I thought this was a Bride of Pinbot 2.0 thread

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Azmodeus,have the first ever PAGG wedding!!!

This would be great. You have people from all over, Sparky's BBQ, Tiki Bar, pinball machines, good people, it seems like a slam dunk! And if you need protection, Cliffy can help you out!

Brad

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I need to get married again. Hoping for next year.

So we have a year to talk you out of this nonsense.....!!!....
.......................... Joey

#13 3 years ago

Can you share the primary interests and age category of the guests?

#14 3 years ago

I got married a few months ago in vegas. Got a nice room at the cosmopolitan overlooking the bellagio fountains and did it out on the terrace. Did it on the sly so we didn't go through the hotel or anything. It was great.

#15 3 years ago

Clean and protect the shooter lane.

What does your bride-to-be think about pinball, and you spending time and money on it?

What/where ideas does your bride-to-be have on your first post comments? It is good for you to be able to offer up your ideas to her of what you think would make the wedding, reception, and honeymoon memorable and special.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I need to get married again.

Quoted from Azmodeus:

Oh also I have time to plan this is not a rush job

Is there an actual person involved yet?

#17 3 years ago

Jamaica me crazy mon, or the Caribbean island of your choosing.

Been to weddings in DR, and I got married in Jamaica and it's absolutely the best thing you can do. It really isn't too expensive for your friends to come for 3 or 5 days and eat and drink for 'free.' It keeps the riff raff family members down you don't need to be there. Cool excursions to do...can't be beat.

#18 3 years ago

I did Riviera Maya, just south of Cancun. Easy to get to from both coasts. Everyone said it was the best wedding they ever went to. It was super fun, and minimal planning. It becomes more of a vacation for everyone. It was a small wedding though, about 25 people. Mostly mid 30s in age.

Wedding costs were very reasonable. It was an all inclusive, which everyone loved because they could get twisted and just pass out in their room.

#19 3 years ago

I've been married for almost 6 years now. Not sure it was the best decision.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

sorry for your loss

After what Azmodeus has survived, he can survive anything. I'm not the least bit worried about him.

Good luck with the wedding!

And by the way, Mike...if you're actually able to walk out of your wedding without the rail, you know it'll be the best wedding ever, no matter what other frills you might splurge on!

#21 3 years ago

I am laughing so hard I have to stop and keep reading.

#22 3 years ago

Mike, you got your starter wedding out of the way, now it's time to get serious.

I say you do it at the PHOF, and have Tim Arnold officiate.

Let Rapemaster Ray plan the bachelor party. He's got some Ukrainian sexworkers that look like supermodels and work out of the Four Seasons.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Fireworks. Have a private fireworks show.

We had fireworks at ours and people still talk about it and that was 21 years ago.

#24 3 years ago

Make sure to book these guys.

#25 3 years ago

I think Bill Burr sums it up nicely

#26 3 years ago

It's a nice day for a white wedding.

#27 3 years ago

I. Love all the responses thanks.

To getting married at all: I would never normally do it. I was getting a divorce before my stroke and three brain surgeries. Everything about me changed. Now after some truly epic struggles, almost dying and being saved by Veronika more than once, we are soul mates now so to speak. We didn't start that way. We became that. Partially a very hard way.

I would give her the universe if I could. I know that seems sappy.

So then it does need to be epic, but it needs to be something she would like. She loves that I love pinball but doesn't care for it herself. Vegas is looking feasable. I have a few from Michigan who might come relatives, and Veronika if we were lucky a few could fly over from Moscow.

I also could easily see any frigging resort all inclusive working.

I might need to just do it in Vegas to flip off the first marriage and start the new one right. Also if I did Vegas anyone could come. It might be nice free for all.

#28 3 years ago

I was married in bare feet on the beach in Dominican Republic. We went down with 30 of our best friends and family. I highly recommend it. The resort took care of everything, it was non denominational and in Spanish. I'm not even sure what I agreed to. Lol. (JK there was a translator) We're going down again this winter for our 10th anniversary.

Plus I didn't have to worry about catching on fire by stepping into a church......ya never know. I didn't want to test it.

#29 3 years ago

Sorry primary ages 45-55 and both Russian incoming and Michigan. So Vegas ok, so far!

But small volume of participants will be family. I don't know how many total yet. I would guess I have to worry about 20 guests but there might be many more fending for themselves. Vegas is good for that.

I like the all inclusive tropics though too. Maybe Hawaii. Got to make it pretty epic though now. For sure.

#30 3 years ago

Vegas is the easy route , since your still a bit wobbly ; drive through wedding at Little Chapel.

I throw in a Elvis for y'all !!

#31 3 years ago

Rent an amusement park. That would be really cool.

#32 3 years ago

Disneyland in SoCal here would be fun. Rent the whole place. Invite everyone. I wonder how much it rents for.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I wonder how much it rents for.

The price for everything with about four hours inside after park closing is close to $50,000.00. You can rent entire lands such as Adventureland for around $250,000.00 and up”. Keep in mind, the $50k is just for one ride.

LTG : )

#34 3 years ago

Congrats. My first wife will be 18 forever. The second did a complete 180 about 10 minutes after I do. I would marry my girl now in a minute if the stars would all align. Sure wish I could have met her first.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Sorry primary ages 45-55 and both Russian incoming and Michigan. So Vegas ok, so far!
But small volume of participants will be family. I don't know how many total yet. I would guess I have to worry about 20 guests but there might be many more fending for themselves. Vegas is good for that.
I like the all inclusive tropics though too. Maybe Hawaii. Got to make it pretty epic though now. For sure.

Having Russians and Michiganders, maybe a good choice would be Alaska? Beautiful land and definitely memorable for everyone... Just no tropical temperatures. Stock photo below, I got married in Illinois.

Brad

alaska_wedding.jpg

#36 3 years ago

prenuptial agreement barring your betrothed from taking your pins, your pin money, or anything pin related.

#37 3 years ago

I agree now prenups are par for the course, in today's world. Do not get married without a prenup now ever. Period. I think that is some hard truth sadly.

#38 3 years ago

I got married on a yacht in Annapolis 16 years ago. Pair of shorts and a Tommy Bahama shirt, with my bride in a sundress. 7 minute ceremony by the Captain and 3 hours of partying. We had a steel drum band, which was cool. Whole thing was under 10K. Highly recommend this type of wedding.

#39 3 years ago

If you have to feel the "need" to get married make dam sure you have a prenup, esp. in the state of California.

Never Again

Andrew

#40 3 years ago

Me and Odin will be there. Congrats buddy.

#41 3 years ago

WE need an open invite to the pinside community!
And a few pins to play at the blessed event!!!!

I've got five bucks waiting to put on the glass and challenge someone...
After a few beers, I might even up that to 6 bucks....

#42 3 years ago

Congrats. I've been happily married for 35 years, so it really is possible.

Outdoor weddings can be nice but risky. I have been at two where the weather turned bad. Always have a good backup plan if you go that route.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The price for everything with about four hours inside after park closing is close to $50,000.00. You can rent entire lands such as Adventureland for around $250,000.00 and up”. Keep in mind, the $50k is just for one ride.
LTG : )

I'm curious in how the heck you know this!

#44 3 years ago

Disney's website says that their after hour weddings START at $12K....

#45 3 years ago

I'm sorry, I guess the first go around didn't work. That being said, marriage is a tuff thing, I constantly need to work at being a better husband. If my marriage ever comes to an end, I will never re marry. Good luck!

#46 3 years ago

a1467 (resized).png

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I'm sorry, I guess the first go around didn't work. That being said, marriage is a tuff thing, I constantly need to work at being a better husband. If my marriage ever comes to an end, I will never re marry. Good luck!

I feel the same way.

#48 3 years ago

Anybody could love their GF,

But Marriage, is a sure way to end up hating your wife !

#50 3 years ago

No matter what happens with my wedding there is gonna be a bachelors party in Vegas. This is just way to epic to possibly not do. Need to keep up the stupid crushing rehab now though. My girlfriend is so freaking awesome she will probably want to be at the bachelors party. But we know that is not allowed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 39.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Concealed Art
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,299.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 224.99
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 52.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 19.99
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside