(Topic ID: 70508)

Getting Close to Fixin ??? What do you guys think ????

By BrianG

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by BrianG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Ok ..

A quick re-cap .. Went and played and bought a Stern's Trident, Game played 100% and every target and such worked. Took the connectors off the head and layed the head down on body on blanket and brought her home .. Put her back together. Powered her up .. Everything lit up .. But nothing when I hit the credit button to play. I took all connectors apart and put them back, still nothing, Powered up but game would not start start a game when i pushed credit button .. had 12 credits .. high score flashing .. all looked in place.

So tonight for giggles, I reached up under and turned the machine on, To my surprise, I hit the credit button and I PLAYED a game, ball ejected and played 5 balls .. everything scored and played well .. After my last ball went down, it said game over ... Then it was back to nothing LOL

I pushed the credit button to play another game .. BACK to step 1 .. Nothing .. Could not get it to play another game .. To me it seems like I am getting close ... Loose wire ? How the heck after sitting 2 days with the power off .. I turn it on and get to play 1 game .. then won't work to play another ?

Any help guys ? I feel like I am close to getting the pin working .. I was sooo happy when she played that game LOL....

Whatcha think ????

#2 10 years ago

check the wiring to that credit button first. It could just be that simple. Fingers crossed. Trident seems like a cool pin. Reseat all of the connectors one more time Pins don't like to move.

#3 10 years ago

By credit button are you referring to the start button? I am not versed in these early SS Sterns so I am limited on experience here. Best bet is to turn it off lift the playfield, get a good flashlight and start searching. Best of luck!

#4 10 years ago

What I am wondering is .. Could all the connectors on the head be ok ? Maybe something bounced and moved inside the pin body itself ? The coin door is not very tight when locked .. it does bounce around a bit ..

I don't know a THING about these pin's .. I am willing to learn .. But sure don't know where to start ... But after being able to play that game last night .. would this be more of a credit switch issue ? something around the coin door ?

Thanks in advance.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

By credit button are you referring to the start button? I am not versed in these early SS Sterns so I am limited on experience here. Best bet is to turn it off lift the playfield, get a good flashlight and start searching. Best of luck!

The button you hit when you put your coins in . to put up a player or up to 4 .. you hit it for each player for the game

Brian

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 10.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getting-close-to-fixin-what-do-you-guys-think and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.