• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170724_221817 (resized).jpg
20170721_185139 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hey Pinheads, I'm finally getting ready to get back into the hobby... It's been about three years since I had a pin. A series of unfortunate events forced me out back in 2014.. I lost my dad, went through a ugly divorce and lost my house.. Oh, I lost my job too..

Things have completely turned around since then. I have a new career, beautiful woman in my life who supports me in whatever I do and also have a huge garage. I'm going to go look at a few pins and I should be able to bring something home this weekend.. I'm so excited..

I'm looking at a Maverick and DE batman... What are your thoughts on those pins..

#2 6 years ago

Welcome Back!! Which pin have you played and had the most fun with???

#3 6 years ago

I love Maverick.. I'm a huge poker fan, at the same time Batman is fun.. I'm leaning towards Maverick.. Going to check it out tonight.

#4 6 years ago

Maverick is awesome! But it does tend to need a lot of special attention (similar to TZ). Lots of fixing and adjusting needed from time to time.

Can't comment on DE Batman.

Whats the budget? You have ACDC rated pretty high on your ratings, maybe go for glory with an NIB and get a vault pro?

And welcome back; happy to hear things are in the positive for you now.

#5 6 years ago

Welcome back!

I've always wanted to pick up a Maverick myself (great movie and great theme for a pin, plus it sounds pretty fun). I've read that the paddle boat can be temperamental. Depending on how much you got into tinkering/fixing in your pinball past, that may be just fine or a bit of a turn off, but something to consider. You've probably already checked it, but here's the Maverick thread, there might be some guidance there on things to look for if you're considering picking one up:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maverick-fan-thread-we-play-till-we-drop-winner-takes-all

#6 6 years ago

My budget is 2k, I do ok with tinkering with a game but anything that involves soder is above my head.. I'll check out the thread. Thanks

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrat:

My budget is 2k, I do ok with tinkering with a game but anything that involves soder is above my head.. I'll check out the thread. Thanks

In that case you'll want to give the Maverick (or any other game you consider) and extremely thorough inspection before buying to make sure it's 100%. The owner threads are good that way, there's usually a "things to look for" post in there somewhere (or you can ask) to help you spot common issues with the game.

#8 6 years ago

I would pass on DE Batman. It's fun for about 30 minutes. The code is as bare bones as they come. You will be bored quickly.

#9 6 years ago

I bought Maverick... So excited

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrat:

Congratulations! Throw up some pictures once you've got it set up and have a few (dozen) games under your belt!

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrat:

Don't know a thing about Maverick but glad that you are back in the game!
Now rock that thing!!!

#12 6 years ago

Might be able to find a Getaway around that price. Would love to have you in our club.

#13 6 years ago

20170721_185139 (resized).jpg20170721_185139 (resized).jpg

20170724_221817 (resized).jpg20170724_221817 (resized).jpg

#14 6 years ago

How about a money tree

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrat:

Really, if you can't solder pinball can get expensive fast. It's not hard... just get good equipment & practice. Surface prep is 90% of it, just like painting.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Really, if you can't solder pinball can get expensive fast. It's not hard... just get good equipment & practice. Surface prep is 90% of it, just like painting.

Or do what I do and just start globbing it on till it sticks

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Or do what I do and just start globbing it on till it sticks

+1

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrat:

Very cool! I've been drawn to those as well. Never played one. Looks great though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 259.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getting-back-in-what-do-i-get and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.