• Latest reply 17 hours ago by bingopodcast
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FJIMG_20211124_192239 (resized).jpg

#1 6 days ago

Trying to get a Bally mystic gate running but my EM troubleshooting knowledge is t the best.

It was working at a 2019 show, then was stored in a climate controlled area for two years, now setting it back up.

Took care of everything obvious I could find, all steampunk octopus units (relays?) seem to be functioning correctly, they all step forward and reset when the respective coils fire. A few playfield switches we're stuck and I took care of those. replaced the old fuse holder block, and a wire or two that had popped loose.

When I turn the game on, lights come on, backglass lights are as pictured, the coin unit (middle of rear door on the far left) advance coil is locked on. It pulsed a bunch of times first then stuck on. I had repaired a loose wire on that before hand.

I disconnected the coin door switches thinking there might be a coin switch short but it didn't matter.

I've never been great at getting these running though I can usually troubleshoot once they show signs of life.

FJIMG_20211124_192239 (resized).jpg
#2 17 hours ago

Nice to see you with a bingo. Mystic Gate is an interesting game.

The answers you seek are here: http://bingo.cdyn.com/machines/bally/mystic_gate/

Looking at the schematic, there's only a single switch that would pulse or lock that coin counter unit step up - Control Unit cam 5B. (schematic shows cam 5, but the manual gives a per-switch breakdown on page 15). Cam 5 should have detents that cause 5B to open when the roller settles (and the timer cams stop rotating).

Sometimes it's easier to remove the backglass and fold down the lamp board onto the siderails to inspect those switches, but with a little creative wiggling, you can also adjust from behind the game. A flashlight to shine through the switches helps.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside