• Latest reply 1 year ago by jdzwir123
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D3BBCE9F-5D47-46B4-B8E1-CCFCCD337627 (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

I'm just throwing this out there to get some advice from a community that I like to be a part of.
I currently have a whirlwind and a roadshow. whirlwind was a grail pen for me that I've always wanted.
Roadshow was a pin that I wanted but family doesn't like it and I'm cool with trading it out but I'm trying to find out another pin that would complement the whirlwind. Just some of the rules.
I'm not looking to spend more than what I would get for the roadshow at this point and it would need to be a family friendly pin.
Someone offered me a high speed plus cash and I really liked high speed when I did not have a whirlwind but I feel the ramp shot is too similar.
My ideal one would be a black knight 2000 or a taxi next to this whirlwind because system 11's were one of the best eras of pinball in my opinion.
thank you in advance.

#2 1 year ago

Taxi is a great choice.

#3 1 year ago

Whirlwind was my first pin also ..great game
Best compliment would be an earthshaker right next to it
Taxi is also a great game

#4 1 year ago

Earth Shaker is a fun game.
I know that this might sound weird to some, I'm not looking to make a discussion on the morals of it, but Earth shaker was out because of the big boobs on the front.

#5 1 year ago

I think it would pair best with Taxi based off of what you said. Maybe swords of fury. I would say anything but Data East Jurassic Park next to it.

#6 1 year ago

Hahaha that’s funny. What, no love for Jurassic?

#7 1 year ago

De Jurassic park is basically the same layout as whirlwind…copy cat! He just doesn’t want you to have two of the same games…

#8 1 year ago

I know it similar but I dig that game. Lol

#9 1 year ago

Party Zone would be a fun pin next to Whirlwind, family friendly, who doesn’t love Captain B Zarro?

Dr Who could be a fun one next it as well.

#10 1 year ago

Everybody says Black Knight 2000 is too right flipper heavy. There at least 6 shots available to the left flipper! Not as many as the right but it's a fast fun game with a soundtrack that can't be beat. The music just puts you in the zone. I've had my BK2K for two and a half years and never made it to the second chorus of the music. Mine has upgraded speakers so it really pumps out the jams! It's at my sons' house so I don't play it as much now, but it is still my grail game and not leaving.

#11 1 year ago

Bk2K is a sweet game. I know it's mostly played with the right flipper but with a killer light show, awesome sound and really cool art and the wizard mode in there you can forgive the right flipper heavy game.

#12 1 year ago

If you like sys 11's don't rule out Mousin around. Fun and family friendly.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

If you like sys 11's don't rule out Mousin around. Fun and family friendly.

Block the top right of the translite and you’ll be good to go

#14 1 year ago

SoF is a fantastic sys11 that would give a different experience from Whirlwind

#16 1 year ago

SoF is good and unique. I haven’t played Mousin around before. Diner is fun too. Such decisions.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from DK:

Block the top right of the translite and you’ll be good to go

That's a little risque, but harmless IMO.

#18 1 year ago

Swords of Fury is a banger, Fire and Taxi are also fun

#19 1 year ago

I might be getting a Earthshaker and then I’m just gonna do a Williams sticker over the boobs.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

I might be getting a Earthshaker and then I’m just gonna do a Williams sticker over the boobs.

What's not family friendly about boobs? Babies love them

#21 1 year ago

So many great Sys11 games - Banzai Run, Pinbot, Bad Cats, Dr. Dude, Rollergames, Police Force and Fire! are some great choices besides those already mentioned.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Diner possibly?

Funny you say that. I hadn't played Diner in a long time and played it at the GSPF and didn't like it. I usually love system 11 games but there was too much shit blocking the upper playfield.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

Funny you say that. I hadn't played Diner in a long time and played it at the GSPF and didn't like it. I usually love system 11 games but there was too much shit blocking the upper playfield.

I agree that the playfield is really kind of cluttered.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

I agree that the playfield is really kind of cluttered.

Sounds like a good problem to have lol

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

Roadshow was a pin that I wanted but family doesn't like it and I'm cool with trading it out

RS is going for decent money now, and there are some good games that are about the same value. If I was you, I’d just go through the marketplace and find all the games of the same price area, and then talk to your family about what type of game they would want to play. If they are the priority factor in game choice, they should have input.

#26 1 year ago

I’ve been going over possible ones that we could get but the problem is that regardless how awesome I think RS is, it seems that there is no love for it.

#27 1 year ago
#28 1 year ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

Earth Shaker is a fun game.
I know that this might sound weird to some, I'm not looking to make a discussion on the morals of it, but Earth shaker was out because of the big boobs on the front.

Boobs are family friendly, they give babies milk! ... now to convince the wife of that lol

#29 1 year ago

I see you're in Nevada, visit PHOF and play a bunch of games to see what you like.

#30 1 year ago

I’d say if you’re savvy setup vpx & get a feel of call outs rules. See what fits. Id recommend Demolition man.

#31 1 year ago

NGG is a good one that I would go for, pun intended. I’ve been to the PHOF a few times. The problem I’m having is trying to find a buyer or a decent trade for it.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

The problem I’m having is trying to find a buyer or a decent trade for it.

Market is hot and I'd think a RS would sell pretty quick. Post a for sale/trade ad.

NGG would be a great fit!

#33 1 year ago

NGG is a fantastic game, and fits the family friendly criteria

#34 1 year ago

I agree! Someone had one and I tried to make an offer but they didn’t want roadshow. I don’t understand the hate for roadshow.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

I don’t understand the hate for roadshow.

I think it's the country theme/music and two dummy heads to keep running is the reason. Packed game and very fun though, owned one for awhile.

#36 1 year ago

That music actually goes pretty good with the theme.

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

That music actually goes pretty good with the theme.

I agree but not everyone's cup of tea.

#38 1 year ago

You got the power, You got the might. Get ready for battle - beat the black knight!

BK2K is a fantastic game

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

NGG is a good one that I would go for, pun intended.

Thank you for doing so. People who don’t intend their puns are cowards

D3BBCE9F-5D47-46B4-B8E1-CCFCCD337627 (resized).jpegD3BBCE9F-5D47-46B4-B8E1-CCFCCD337627 (resized).jpeg
#40 1 year ago

I’m a dad so all my puns are intended.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from tommyp:

You got the power, You got the might. Get ready for battle - beat the black knight!
BK2K is a fantastic game

Bk2k next to WW would be sweeeeeeeeeet!

#42 1 year ago

I’ve owned about half of all the System 11s at one point. BK2K was the last i had as it was in extremely nice condition. I go back and forth but aside from Whirlwind i would say Earthshaker, Taxi, Diner then BK2K are my tops. Can’t go wrong with any of those if you ask me.

I know what you mean about the art - my wife hated Dr Dude so i sold it. She never said anything about Earthshaker oddly enough.

#43 1 year ago

I've owned Taxi twice and scratching my head why I ever sold it to begin with. Great video of Chris Bucci's feelings on the game.

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

I’ve owned about half of all the System 11s at one point. BK2K was the last i had as it was in extremely nice condition. I go back and forth but aside from Whirlwind i would say Earthshaker, Taxi, Diner then BK2K are my tops. Can’t go wrong with any of those if you ask me.
I know what you mean about the art - my wife hated Dr Dude so i sold it. She never said anything about Earthshaker oddly enough.

That’s interesting about the Earthshaker. My wife didn’t notice it either at first. I found a local trade where someone would give me around 3k And a players Earthshaker for the Roadshow so that might be a good trade for the time being.

#45 1 year ago

We have a Police Force and enjoy it as a family playing 4 player. My kids are 7 and 10. Its a center ramp fest but the 3rd ball take high score keeps everyone in the game since you have a chance at the end no matter what. Family friendly art and good music. The kids enjoy trying to lock up the 4 villains, I try to spell police to mix it up. It's good to learn ball control and shot making and there is alot to do if you choose.

#46 1 year ago

We had a police force before and really enjoyed it.

#47 1 year ago

Sounds like Getaway would be a pretty good fit with WW.

#48 1 year ago

That’s a fun game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getting-a-2nd-pin?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.